Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition - Week 7: Building! (Pangoro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
team1.png
team2.png
team3.png
team4.png
team5.png
team6.png

Calm Mind Sylveon Hyper Offense

Duraludon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Yawn
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Barbaracle @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Liquidation
- Protect
- Shell Smash

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Autotomize

Toxtricity @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave
- Shift Gear

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Snore
- Calm Mind
- Rest

I initially posted this team a few days ago, but made a mistake with the importable and wanted to make some adjustments anyways, so I'm posting an updated version as my submission. Those who were around during ORAS UU might recognize this Sylveon set. Behind screens, Sylveon can easily get multiple boosts, making it extremely difficult to take out once offensive steel and poison types (Escavalier, Roserade, Toxtricity, and Cobalion) are removed, especially since Rest makes status less of an issue. The speed EVs are to outrun a paralyzed Cobalion (since I notice that a lot of people anti-lead Duraludon with Cobalion and get T-Waved), with the remaining EVs placed into bulk. This set is also great since it checks Haxorus, Noivern, and Umbreon who all otherwise give this team (and most other HO teams) problems. I decided to run Yawn on Espeon since I couldn't think of any better move to use (since Dazzling Gleam does basically 0 to Incineroar and Haxorus/Noiven are already 2HKO'd by Psychic), and it can help create setup opportunities. Life Orb+Protect Barbaracle is amazing since the added power lets you OHKO Pokemon like Cobalion, Sylveon, and Umbreon with a +2 Liquidation. Protect is amazing since a lot of offensive teams rely on CB Haxorus to revenge kill weakened targets on HO teams. The rest of the team is pretty standard for screens HO.

This team is particularly good for blowing through low ladder (0-1550) quickly, as a lot of lower-level opponents will misplay against or not know what to do to prevent one of your setup sweepers from winning. However, once you start to face better players with better teams (1600+), you may find that this team becomes less effective. Like all HO, it's matchup dependent and can be inconsistent because of it. One wrong 50/50 or misplay is much harder to recover from compared to if you were using a bulkier team. That said, this team is still a lot of fun to use, and I recommend you guys to give it a try.

Last edited:

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Specs sylveon + Rhyperior zong killer BO
:ss/sylveon: :ss/rhyperior: :ss/arcanine: :ss/roserade: :ss/doublade: :ss/noivern:
(click for the import)

Teambuilding process :

:ss/sylveon:
so i started with specs sylveon coz im cool and i didnt wanted to build another wish sylveon. went for 3 attacks wish coz i like the idea and it provides more utility if u get knocked off. could run heal bell tho.

:ss/sylveon: :bw/rhyperior:

ok then a rhyperior. I wanted to try a set that solonor24 told me about : the whirpool smack down one. I wanted to pair it with specs sylveon coz this rhyp can trap bronzong which is one of the few counter of specs sylveon.

:ss/sylveon: :bw/rhyperior: :bw/arcanine:

arcanine for 2 reasons : it synchronise well with sylveon with teleport (1) and its ability to counter steels which pressure sylveon and rhyperior (2). I also wanted a cobalion / doublade counter, thats why i went for full def.

:ss/sylveon: :bw/rhyperior: :bw/arcanine: :bw/roserade:

i realized that i could use spikes support and a washtom switching so roserade felt like a cool pick. it also felt like a cool pick since i have a zong trapper.

:ss/sylveon: :bw/rhyperior: :bw/arcanine: :bw/roserade: :ss/doublade:

i just wanted a steel nothing much to say here lol.

:ss/sylveon: :bw/rhyperior: :bw/arcanine: :bw/roserade: :ss/doublade: :ss/noivern:

i had no switching to grounds, no defog and i always like having a dragon on my team so flygon noivern was def my last.

can you guys submit another mon its been week we want cool mons to build around ty would appreciate

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Very sorry for the delay as usual. I didn't think I'd have to do things again this week, but I did. As always, vote on your favourite submission!

by fireblastmiss

by Sickist

by Pokeseba

by Mygrein

by Estarossa

by Sanctus Janus

by Highways

by Panther-T

by Slowpoke92i

Due to the high volume of submissions, everyone gets two votes this week!
Also, when referring to Mygrein's team in voting, please call it EPIC SUN SD SPECS DD EXPLOSION. Thank you in advance.

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
While it's not said in the rules (though it should be obvious), voting for your own team will not be counted. Please vote for a different team or the vote will be ignored.
It's okay, vote for Panther

I have returned, and with computer access this time. There was a tie between Highways and Ramo, so me and Lily had to break it. That being said, congrats to Slowpoke92i for winning this week!

:ss/Pangoro:

Pangoro is one of the most devastating wallbreakers in the tier, capable of dismantling common defensive cores with ease thanks to its coverage and passable typing defensively. Will you use the brutal Choice Band set, or something else like Swords Dance?

Building ends Saturday, May 23rd

Mfw I posted this in the wrong thread by accident
I saw Lilburr 's post in building lab earlier and since I also love voltturn (and Lisk! :D), I decided to share this team.
Also I'm thinking about reworking it, if once Hax is gone, so might aswell share now:

I built this when :progresspanda: was starting to gain some traction, so the main premise is just to get it in as much as possible and start clicking. Not really much switches into Heliolisk, it mainly comes down to grass types, Vern, and Zong. Panda devours Zong and Flygon can turn on Celeb etc and forces Vern out most of the time. After that I tried to support the core as much as possible: Raj gets up and deals with Fairies/Rose while not dropping too much momentum due to its insane offensive pressure, the Weezer provides a fight resist, fog and checks hax in combination with Golisopod (which is like the only ground resist in the tier w/o levitate? ). You could probably use Spikes on Goli in the last slot, but I like having Jet for ladder HO.
Main weakness would be Cobalion, but washtom/inc are also annoying to chip.

Hope you enjoy using it! :3
Heliolisk @ Expert Belt
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Bullet Punch

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn

Copperajah @ Leftovers
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Katy

Banned deucer.
swords dance pangoro bulky offense

:bronzong: :pangoro: :gardevoir: :rotom-wash: :noivern: :arcanine:

paste: https://pokepast.es/d2d321b1d2e309ab

explanation:
a team around swords dance pangoro with volt-turn support from teleport arcanine and noivern paired up with bronzong as a haxorus check and
choice scarf-gardevoir as a revengekiller which offers speed control for this team. rotom-wash is nasty plot 2 attacks with discharge to get some chances of paralyzing the opposing pokémon and pain-split to have some more longevity. pangoro has sd + 3 attacks since knock off, drain punch (for longevity) and bullet punch which is priority hit really hard after a +2. noivern is the defogger for this team and has draco meteor to kill choice locked-variants of flygon and it offers fast momentum with u-turn, roost is for its longevity. bronzong sets stealth rocks and has psychic and gyro ball, gyro ball hits a dragon dance-boosted haxorus pretty hard whereas arcanine is a secondary option to check haxorus with intimidate and it can revengekill +1 dragon dance-boosted haxorus as well and is also able to withstand choice band-haxorus atacks and when haxorus is weakened it gets killed with the coverage-option in dragon pulse. arcanine is also a check to ninetales whereas gardevoir can check sun-abusers with chlorophyll as it traces chlorophyll for itself and outspeeds them due to its choice scarf.
pangoro has bullet punch as last slot and bullet punch after a boost due to swords dance is able to ohko specially defensie variants of sylveon.

semi web bulky offense feat. sd pangoro
:pangoro: :ribombee: :necrozma: :sylveon: :tsareena: :centiskorch:

main goal of the team is to use thicc boys with solid typing/offensive stats to switch in against resisted hits and fire off a strong hit. also features some knock off spam to deal with all those pesky leftovers. currently peaked at 1501 on the ladder which isn't insanely high but is a testament to how well this unconventional team works.

:Ribombee: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Switcheroo

I originally had this as 3 attacks plus webs, but I found myself never clicking anything other than moonblast anyway. This thing's utility cannot be understated at all. Lives all hits from haxorus from full, outspeeds pretty much everything in the tier, and sets up webs to support the team. Also functions as a decent anti-lead as you can switcheroo their lead to either cripple a defensive hazard setter, or steal an opposing suicide lead's focus sash. This thing puts in insane amounts of work against HO and balanced teams alike. Half the time this guy just switcheroos and sets up webs before getting KOd, and other times cleans up entire games with its boosted moonblast. Super underrated pick atm.

:Pangoro: @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch

The star of the show, SD Pangoro. Unfortunately doesn't outspeed a whole lot of the meta under webs, notably speed tying with haxorus. Webs do help this guy deal with some supposed checks such as roserade, band darm, and non-scarf gardevoir. I opted to not go for the mold breaker set as the team already has solid answers to g-weezing and I prefer the extra power offered by iron fist.

:Necrozma: @ Leftovers
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Thunder Wave

Thicc rocks + twave support. This thing's stats are actually insanely clutch. Given EV spread outspeeds adamant pangoro by 1 point and lives any hit from band hax from full, even outrage, while still maintaining maximum spatk investment. This thing dunks on every opposing stealth rocker in the tier except for celebi. Psychic is a surprisingly potent typing in this meta with very few dark types and steels that don't get hit by earth power. Earth power was chosen over heat wave as the team struggles with incineroar. Finally, thunder wave offers another form a speed control outside of the unreliable webs from ribombee. Necrozma pretty much eats every hit in the tier except for pangoro's knock off and fires back with a massive photon geyser. Easily puts the most work in on the entire squad.

:Tsareena: (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- U-turn

I wanted a spinner on the team so that I can have some form of hazard control without getting rid of my own webs. Tsareena was the best choice here as I needed a water resist (although it is a bit of a shaky switch-in against scalds), and all the breakers on the team appreciate the u-turn support. Adamant nature hits surprisingly hard and outspeeds base 110s and below at +1 speed/under webs. Her ability is also greatly appreciated to avoid getting swept by priority late game since everything usually ends up having super low HP due to to generally slow speed of the team. Knock off to round out coverage, although HJK is an option to hit cobalion. I haven't been struggling too much with cobalion between my bulky necrozma and webs, so I haven't found it necessary and the utility of knock is appreciated. Also, the ability to hit doublade/other ghosts when the opponent predicts rapid spin is very nice.

:Sylveon: @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Quick Attack

Why have one choice specs fairy type when you can have two? Fairy breakers love pangoro for its ability to remove steels from the match, and pangoro appreciates sylveon's ability to soften up checks with its massively powerful hyper voice. I think I've clicked mystical fire maybe once or twice in the week or so that I've been playing this game so it might be worth considering switching the moveslot to wish or heal bell to add some more survivability to the squad. I opted for quick attack to give me another form of speed control which is always appreciated on such a slow team. Typically only used to snipe low HP dragons as its damage against non-SE targets is extremely lackluster. Has definitely clutched out more than a few games with that pixilate QA tho.

4 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Haxorus: 84-98 (28.6 - 33.4%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
4 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 90-108 (28.9 - 34.7%) -- 2.9% chance to 3HKO
4 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 90-108 (29.9 - 35.8%) -- 23.4% chance to 3HKO

:Centiskorch: @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Leech Life
- Fire Lash
- Power Whip

Finally, I needed something to prevent darmanitan from brainlessly clicking flare blitz every time it comes in. This is 100% more of a flex slot, although skorch has performed the best out of everything I've tried here. Chandelure is another option here as it offers the same fire immunity, but also an arguably better offensive typing and better speed tier. In the end centiskorch has done what it needs to do, which is to get off a hit or two before going down. EVs outspeed adamant pangoro, as always.

in the end this is a sort of gimmicky team which I've found decent success with. I definitely struggle against a lot of prominent mons in the tier due to my lack of steel- and ground-type, but in the end I've been able to work around this weakness through my multiple forms of speed control and strong coverage across the team. Also, despite my centiskorch, I've still gotten swept by tons of darmanitans since I also don't have the best rock slide resist. At the end of the day if your goal is to dunk on ladder players and feel good about yourself when you switcheroo your specs onto a centiskorch and get boots in return, this is the team for you.

thanks for reading and god bless the troops
:blobuwu:

Ribombee @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Switcheroo

Necrozma @ Leftovers
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Thunder Wave

Tsareena (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Quick Attack

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch

Centiskorch @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Leech Life
- Fire Lash
- Power Whip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)