Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind

Kommo-o (M) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat

Gengar (M) @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn / Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Sharpedo-Mega (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
I decided to build a HO around Froslass.. what a surprise lmao ! First of all we have Froslass which is our Spikes setter and bother opponent's lead thanks to Taunt. Destiny Bond is pretty cool to take down a threat and goes well with Icy Wind. Then I decided to add Mixed Stealth Rocks Kommo-o because this Pokemon is probably one of the best Stealth Rocks setter in HO. Since I got Taunt to deny Defog, I decided to add a Ghost type in the team to deal with Rapid Spin. I opted for Sub All-Out-Pummeling Gengar because it's a really good and underrated Pokemon. Then we have Scizor and Sharpedo-Mega which are my Late-Game Sweeper. I decided to opt for Jolly Sharpedo-Mega and Haban Berry Kommo-o because the team really struggles vs Hydreigon. Finally, I added Zydog because this Pokemon is trully amazing in the current metagame. People are using Pokemon like Rotom-Heat, Moltres, Hydreigon or Latias as their Ground resist and Zydog just don't care about those immunities thanks to Thousand Arrows.

Hello all, apologies for the unannounced hiatus. Ngl it took a lot of effort to bring myself back to PS and the forums, but here I am! I planned on doing this for the first week of this in 2019, so this will be a free week, submit whatever you like! Voting will resume on Saturday just like usual, happy building!

Well I'm lazy as fck so I'm just going to post the team I made for research week as I'm pretty much done with laddering as I'll be really busy for the rest of this week. This has probably been the best HO team I've personally made but I'm not that good with this playstyle anyways. So this was built around Mega Absol where I used an SD set which imo is probably the best set you are gonna get with it. Next I added Kommo-o which provides me with SR and helps break through Phys Def walls. It also gives me an answer to Bisharp. Taunt was opted in the last slot to benefit the next partner being Talonflame. T-flame is honestly the real MVP and puts in so much work after an SD. Standard set here nothing much to explain, also eases up the match-up against Scizor, Lucario and Ape. I did try Roost at one point but Taunt just does more when it comes to beating Hippo and stuff. I then added Klefki as my spike stacker and answer to Hydreigon. Provides T-wave support which can be really clutch for the team too. Originally I had Magnet Rise but I was suggested by Silvio to run Foul Play as tbh the Scizor match-up is kinda shit but feel free to test around with that. Starmie was added to provide hazard removal for T-flame, again this was originally LO but Scarf was also suggested to lure in Krook and Hydra. It also eases the match-up against Maero and Manec, and honestly scarf Starmie is heat lol. I personally pref Psyshock but you can try T-bolt and Trick for example. Speed is enough to outpace +2 Malt with 176 Spe. Lastly I added Nidoking as gives me an Elec immunity and I really needed a way to pressure fairies. I have tried both Superpower and Substitute but found Sub to just be easier when it comes to it breaking. So yeah that is about it, honestly Bisharp can easily be swapped over MegaSol if you really want to and the team would be able to handle Mons like Scizor and even Prima better which I found the team dislikes the most. Hope you enjoy ^_^

Edit: Sabbio pointed out MegaShark would also work well over MegaSol so feel free to test that out too

Last edited:

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 24 Def / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Mamoswine (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Nihilego @ Electrium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Iron Plate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

This is a team I built a couple of days ago around mega blastoise + life orb knock mamo, reason being I wanted an offensive team that just needed to click buttons to win.
I therefore started with the aformentioned duo. Amoonguss was the next thing that came to mind as it gave me a reliable pivot into Primarina, DD Alt, the less common Florges et cetera that would come in on Blastoise and into the Fighting-types that
threated Mamo offensively. Iron Plate Scizor came next since it likes the wallbreaking power the team was looking to offer, especially since they both pressure bulky Water-types a lot. The Moltres weakness was glaring and I initially went for Diancie. Diancie looked cool and was a decent Lati+Moltres check but didn't do great in practice: it was quite the momentum sucker while not helping versus those Steel-type Mega/Sylveon or Florges/fat water/fighting-type kind of teams I struggled with either. That's where Tone and Twilight suggested me to use Nihilego. This is able to check Moltres just as fine and to pressure those defensive cores I couldn't break before while keeping up the offensive unlike Diancie. I went with Electrium Z and with a spread that allows Nihilego to get a speed boost out of its ability, which is cool because cometimes it can funtion as yet another win condition. Scarf Hydreigon was added last to give the team reliable speed control besides bp, ice shard or a beast boost in speed and, most importantly, U-Turn momentum. I went with a spread someone recommended me using (sorry if I don't recall your name) which lets Hydra survive a +2 Iron Plate boosted bp from Scizor from full.
I really like this team and I am very fond of using it since I feel like it rewards you a lot for playing your threats well and chipping down what it needs to.

1547080810199.png
1547080834568.png
1547080844029.png
1547080850454.png
1547080856610.png
1547080862904.png

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Fire Blast

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Scizor @ Iron Plate
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Here's a variant on an Azelf 5 goons team I made for Research Week, using Rhyperior over that team's Durant and using a different move on my Azelf. The Rhyperior addition was an attempt to stave two major weaknesses of the previous team: Manectric and Pidgeot-Mega, who outsped my entire team and could run right through it with strong special moves. Latias on paper could slow either of these threats down, but their ability to pivot as well made this much harder in practice, so I wanted a much more guaranteed way of dealing with these threats. The Rhyperior set is quite unique, using an SD Life Orb set. The EVs are to OHKO the likes of Hippowdon, Palossand, and Aggron at +2 after rocks with super effective moves while having a very high chance of 2HKOing Quagsire with raw Earthquakes after rocks. Meanwhile, the HP and Spdef EVs are to avoid a 3HKO from Manectric's HP ice even with the chip damage of Life Orb and Rocks. Rhyperior is a strong defensive wall against the few things that can really pester my team otherwise while also being an exceptional breaker. Next up, we have Houndoom. It acts as a strong breaker for the team as well as a Scizor check and a backup Latias check with it's speed. Taunt can also be used to deter defog and the healing of passive mons like Blissey. Next up, I wanted a spinblocker, and a mon that could do heavy amounts of damage unboosted so I can start clicking buttons. I went with Gengar for this purpose, it's the sub set which can do major damage to certain teams by blocking darks from revenge killing it. Next up on the block, we have Latias. Latias is just it's typical dragonium set, which can do major damage to certain teams. It's a strong setup mon for this type of team and also helps check a few straggling things that might otherwise threaten me at this point. Last up, we have Scizor. Scizor is the team's main Dragon switchin and Latias check. It's also speed control with it's bullet punch and a strong sweeper against certain builds. There are a few mons that stick out as threats, like Primarina and Hydreigon, but I can threaten both of the above offensively, and they constantly have to play 50/50s with their stab and coverage moves, so they're usually harder to use against this team in practice than on paper. I hope you like the team! I had a lot of fun playing with it and deploying some of it's more unique aspects!

I'm not a very good team builder but here's something I put together for a Dark Horse month. It's built around the offensive core of SubRoost Kyurem and Z-Double Edge SD Bewear. Bewear breaks walls for Kyurem, giving it more leeway in setting up and firing off powerful Ice Beams. Scarf Togekiss is a weird set, but believe me, it works! It provides an answer to Dragons, some speed control, Trick, that darn flinch thing Togekiss does, and finally reliable recovery once the Scarf is gone. Palossand came next because Terrakion stomps this team otherwise and also provides Rocks. Tentacruel deals with Fairies, removes hazards, stops setup, and packs Toxic Spikes which SubRoost Kyurem gels with. Finally, Mega Aerodactyl is another form of speed control, Pursuit support, and also takes advantage of mons weakened through TSpikes.

This team probably has problems but I put a lot of thought into it to utilize some uncommon pokes! I hope you enjoy!

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Celebi (1).pngbewear-png-1.pngHippowdon_(Male).pngEmpoleon (1).pngMega_Aerodactyl.pngJellicent_(Male).png
Lures are really fun so I decided to build around Z Signal Beam Celebi. It reliably finishes opposing Celebi, Reuniculus, Cress (being seen more on stall for me) and still hits Dazzling Gleam targets like Hydreigon and Latias. CB Bewear I thought would benefit nicely from lack of these mons while being able to smash Steel-types for Celebi. Celebi effortlessly pressures bulky waters, too. Doublade looked somewhat annoying for these two break even with CB EQ/Shadow Claw on Bewear, so I added Whirlwind Hippo. Flash Cannon Empoleon made for a nice addition as they could pressure Mega Altaria and appreciates the rise of refresh sets that don't run ground coverage. Hippo + Empoleon is pretty reliable anyhow. Aerodactyl is my speed control, as I tried Scarf Hydreigon but giving Altaria free turns was scary at times. Aerodactyl also checks Latias reliably. Jellicent improves the fat matchup and can prevent hazards to increase the non-roost aero's longevity. Hope you enjoy the team!

LOVELY. (Celebi) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

MY BOY. (Bewear) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Facade

BELLYACHE. (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

OCEAN EYES. (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 4 SpA / 180 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Flash Cannon

HOSTAGE. (Aerodactyl) (F) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Wing Attack
- Pursuit

PARTY FAVOR. (Jellicent) (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)