Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Moonblast

Aerodactyl-Mega and Gengar were the first two of the team. AoA Aerodactyl-Mega is a really interesting pick and a really nice Revenge Killer in Underused. Stone Edge is its main STAB while Eartquake allows it to hit Steel Types. Aqua Tail is a good way to hit Pokemon like Krookodile, Hippowdon and Gligar while Pursuit allows Aerodactyl-Mega to trap some threats for its teammates. As you can see, Gengar is not Choice Specs because it's probably one of the worst item for it in the current metagame becauses it leaves it really weak to Pursuit users which sucks a lot. Taunt and Will-O-Wisp are a good way to bother Fat Pokemon which is useful for Aerodactyl-Mega that struggles to break fat core. Hex hits really hard thanks to WoW and Spooky Plate while Sludge Wave is a really good way to punish Fairy Types. Then we have the mighty Empoleon / Hippowdon core which is super good in Underused. I opted for Roar on Empoleon because Hippowdon needs Fire Fang to deal with Scizor which is super threatening for the team otherwise. Roost Hydreigon is a really good Pokemon and a great answer to Crawdaunt, Volcanion or Bisharp to a smaller extent. Taunt and Darkinium Z allow it to weaken Fat Pokemon for Aerodactyl-Mega as well as OHKO Scizor. Finally, Rest-Talk Primarina is a good way to check Hydreigon and Simiabraz and bring some useful Bulk to the team.

That's all, I hope you will like the team :psyglad:

Hey guys! I'm back, and I'm really not good at teambuilding, so any team you can make to help around this core in the current meta would be helpful. And I'm on my work computer so no sprites, so apologies for that. My core is M-Blastoise and offensive SD Scizor. I definitely want to make sure my team has hazards of its own to take advantage of the spinner, but I'm unsure how to incorporate them.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

I've found myself really enjoying Mega-Blastoise lately. In a Bisharp-centric metagame right now, having a Rapid Spinner over Defog is a huge preference. Mega-Blastoise fits the niche as a spinner that hits like a truck. Fighting coverage from Aura Sphere helps against Dread Plate Bisharp, and Mega-Turtle tanks a +2 Sucker Punch (25% to OHKO after rocks damage). I also elected Water Pulse over Scald just because it hits harder.

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

M-Blastoise appreciates physical boosting coverage on the team to take care of special walls in the tier. Scizor fits the mold well as an offensive Swords Dancer. Superpower threatens Blissey, and Knock Off makes it so Scizor isn't walled by the Chandelure switch and threatens Swampert, Alomomola, Hippowdon, Empoleon, or even Rotom-H to lose their tanky items. SD obviously threatens for the late-game sweep.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
0B688BF2-D2BB-4428-9934-3E2C2FF8D279.png
0BAF9318-895B-4CD6-8C59-AAF5103DE122.png

Tornadus @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Superpower
- Heat Wave

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
Hey it’s been over a week so I’m back again :psysly:. Tornadus I’ve had a rough time trying to incorporate, but whenever I’m up against it it proves to be a powerful wall breaker. Z Superpower let’s tornadus Lure and easily kill Blissey. 4 Atk Tornadus All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 558-658 (78.1 - 92.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (Blissey will likely switch into a hurricane). Thus removing the main roadblock for Celebi. Colbur celebi is nice for when torn can’t deal with certain darks for it like scarfed krook, hydra, and Sharpedo, though EP and Earth plate on celebi sounds decent as well to improve the fat steel m/u. Whatever the case, a bulky offense squad with both tornadus and celebi would be cool (or just tornadus tbh). Thanks in advance ^.^

For 2MuchHax :

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Pursuit

Gengar @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Sludge Wave

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roar
- Toxic
- Scald

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Hydreigon @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor

Primarina @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Moonblast

Aerodactyl-Mega and Gengar were the first two of the team. AoA Aerodactyl-Mega is a really interesting pick and a really nice Revenge Killer in Underused. Stone Edge is its main STAB while Eartquake allows it to hit Steel Types. Aqua Tail is a good way to hit Pokemon like Krookodile, Hippowdon and Gligar while Pursuit allows Aerodactyl-Mega to trap some threats for its teammates. As you can see, Gengar is not Choice Specs because it's probably one of the worst item for it in the current metagame becauses it leaves it really weak to Pursuit users which sucks a lot. Taunt and Will-O-Wisp are a good way to bother Fat Pokemon which is useful for Aerodactyl-Mega that struggles to break fat core. Hex hits really hard thanks to WoW and Spooky Plate while Sludge Wave is a really good way to punish Fairy Types. Then we have the mighty Empoleon / Hippowdon core which is super good in Underused. I opted for Roar on Empoleon because Hippowdon needs Fire Fang to deal with Scizor which is super threatening for the team otherwise. Roost Hydreigon is a really good Pokemon and a great answer to Crawdaunt, Volcanion or Bisharp to a smaller extent. Taunt and Darkinium Z allow it to weaken Fat Pokemon for Aerodactyl-Mega as well as OHKO Scizor. Finally, Rest-Talk Primarina is a good way to check Hydreigon and Simiabraz and bring some useful Bulk to the team.

Thanks So Much!!!

For BackAtYouBro :

Mienshao @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 100 HP / 156 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Psywave

Togekiss @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere

AV Mienshao is a useful Pivot which is able to check Hydreigon while also providing great utility thanks to U-Turn, Knock Off and to a smaller extent Fake Out. Since Mienshao struggles to deal with Flying Types like Moltres ; Fairy Types like Sylveon, Altaria-Mega or Togekiss but also some Bulky Water Types, I decided to add to the team Rotom-Heat and Amoonguss because they can deal with threats mentioned above. Rotom-Heat makes a good Volt-Turn core with Mienshao and Toxic is pretty nice when it's paired with Fake Out. On the other hand, Amoonguss is able to handle a lot of Sweepers and makes a nice Regen Core with its teammate. 16 EVs in Speed allows it to outspeed Slowbro / Slowbro-Mega (which sometimes run 4/8 EVs in Speed to outspeed Amoonguss) and to Clear Smog them which is really important. I opted for Sharpedo-Mega because it can break through a lot of Pokemon andit really likes Volt-Turn. It also appreciates a lot chip damages induce by Mienshao. As the team was super weak to CM Latias, I decided to add Bronzong. It's a cool Stealth Rocks setter and a really good check to Latias thanks to Toxic/Protect and Psywave. It really enjoy the fact that Mienshao can handle Hydreigon and Protect is useful vs Pursuit Trapper like Krookodile. Finally, I added to the team Nasty Plot Fightinium Z Togekiss which increases the MU vs Bisharp while also providing a Dragon Immunity. The EVs spread allows Togekiss to OHKO Aggron-Mega with +2 All-Out Pummeling which open doors for Sharpedo-Mega.

Thanks for your request, I hope you will like the team :psyglad:

For BackAtYouBro :

Mienshao @ Assault Vest
EVs: 100 HP / 156 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Psywave

Togekiss @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere

AV Mienshao is a useful Pivot which is able to check Hydreigon while also providing great utility thanks to U-Turn, Knock Off and to a smaller extent Fake Out. Since Mienshao struggles to deal with Flying Types like Moltres ; Fairy Types like Sylveon, Altaria-Mega or Togekiss but also some Bulky Water Types, I decided to add to the team Rotom-Heat and Amoonguss because they can deal with threats mentioned above. Rotom-Heat makes a good Volt-Turn core with Mienshao and Toxic is pretty nice when it's paired with Fake Out. On the other hand, Amoonguss is able to handle a lot of Sweepers and makes a nice Regen Core with its teammate. 16 EVs in Speed allows it to outspeed Slowbro / Slowbro-Mega (which sometimes run 4/8 EVs in Speed to outspeed Amoonguss) and to Clear Smog them which is really important. I opted for Sharpedo-Mega because it can break through a lot of Pokemon andit really likes Volt-Turn. It also appreciates a lot chip damages induce by Mienshao. As the team was super weak to CM Latias, I decided to add Bronzong. It's a cool Stealth Rocks setter and a really good check to Latias thanks to Toxic/Protect and Psywave. It really enjoy the fact that Mienshao can handle Hydreigon and Protect is useful vs Pursuit Trapper like Krookodile. Finally, I added to the team Nasty Plot Fightinium Z Togekiss which increases the MU vs Bisharp while also providing a Dragon Immunity. The EVs spread allows Togekiss to OHKO Aggron-Mega with +2 All-Out Pummeling which open doors for Sharpedo-Mega.

Thanks for your request, I hope you will like the team :psyglad:
Thank you very much! It overall looks great at a first glance so I’ll test it out later!

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Id like a team built around np, leaf storm, psychic, recover Celebi with grassium z. (Dont know how to add sprites)
It has an amazing MU vs fat teams but needs quite a bit of help from teammates to cover common mons like latias, scizor and hydreigon. I havent been able to make anything great with it myself, but would rly like a team with it because of how great it is vs stall:)

PS roost scizor is especially annoying to deal with because of how easily it can stay alive thoughout a game. Maybe Celebi could work on one of those Maltaria magneton teams. Those teams are usually bad vs stall and fat, so Celebi could have nice synergy if u look at it that way. Idk just an idea.

Celebi @ Grassium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic

Terrakion @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Moonblast

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Hey skvettleif, here's my take on the NP Grassium-Z Celebi set you requested a team with. I believe you've constructed your own team around this Celebi set already, but hopefully this team and the perspective that was necessary to build it is helpful. As you've stated before, this set needs some support to remove the threats that obstruct this particular Celebi set, like Scizor, Latias, and Hydreigon. Out of those three, Scizor's arguably the one to worry about the most, so I figured that a specific lure or way to punish it (think Rocky Helmet, Flame Body, etc) was the way to go. I ended up supporting Celebi with a dual dance Babiri Bery Terrakion set, which already has great offensive synergy with Celebi and could effectively lure any Scizors trying to revenge it. It's actually worked out pretty nicely in tests! At this point, Latias became even more of a problem to deal with and the team's hazard setter and removal roles were undefined, so Mega Aggron seemed like a great fit as it could check both Scizor and Latias. The Toxic moveslot is a bit free in my opinion, and you can change it to Earthquake (to help keep rocks up vs Empoleon) or any other cool options that you'd want to try out like Metal Burst. Scarf Krookodile's usually the best Ground-type to pair with Mega Aggron, and it gives me a more proactive way for Celebi to operate without Latias in the picture, by virtue of Pursuit. Certain Fighting-types and Hydreigon were still very threatening to the current team's core, so a bulky Rest + Sleep Talk Primarina felt like the best addition, and it also checks a lot of boxes in the areas of both offensive and defensive synergy with the rest of the team. There was one slot left and the team had no hazard removal, and Rotom-H stood out to me as a way to combine hazard removal and momentum within the last slot. It also has great synergy with Celebi as well and would offer an easier way to guarantee chip on Latias and Hydreigon via Volt Switch so that they would be less of an issue in the long term.

Thanks for being patient and I hope you enjoy playing with the team!

skvettleif

Banned deucer.

Celebi @ Grassium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic

Terrakion @ Babiri Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Moonblast

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Hey skvettleif, here's my take on the NP Grassium-Z Celebi set you requested a team with. I believe you've constructed your own team around this Celebi set already, but hopefully this team and the perspective that was necessary to build it is helpful. As you've stated before, this set needs some support to remove the threats that obstruct this particular Celebi set, like Scizor, Latias, and Hydreigon. Out of those three, Scizor's arguably the one to worry about the most, so I figured that a specific lure or way to punish it (think Rocky Helmet, Flame Body, etc) was the way to go. I ended up supporting Celebi with a dual dance Babiri Bery Terrakion set, which already has great offensive synergy with Celebi and could effectively lure any Scizors trying to revenge it. It's actually worked out pretty nicely in tests! At this point, Latias became even more of a problem to deal with and the team's hazard setter and removal roles were undefined, so Mega Aggron seemed like a great fit as it could check both Scizor and Latias. The Toxic moveslot is a bit free in my opinion, and you can change it to Earthquake (to help keep rocks up vs Empoleon) or any other cool options that you'd want to try out like Metal Burst. Scarf Krookodile's usually the best Ground-type to pair with Mega Aggron, and it gives me a more proactive way for Celebi to operate without Latias in the picture, by virtue of Pursuit. Certain Fighting-types and Hydreigon were still very threatening to the current team's core, so a bulky Rest + Sleep Talk Primarina felt like the best addition, and it also checks a lot of boxes in the areas of both offensive and defensive synergy with the rest of the team. There was one slot left and the team had no hazard removal, and Rotom-H stood out to me as a way to combine hazard removal and momentum within the last slot. It also has great synergy with Celebi as well and would offer an easier way to guarantee chip on Latias and Hydreigon via Volt Switch so that they would be less of an issue in the long term.

Thanks for being patient and I hope you enjoy playing with the team!
Tried it. Solid team dude:) rly like babiri terrak as a sciz lure. Hopefully not too many ppl will see this so the surprise wont be ruined hehe

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 40 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

hello c:
It's a little dream of mine to build a team around Suicune + Nidoqueen TSpikes, but everytime it's either too slow of a team, or doesn't have a solid enough Terrak/Daunt/Celebi/Primarina answer, doesn't pressure Amoong/Tenta/Nidoking enough for them to come in and absorb the tspikes, it's too passive and lets regen mons recover, doesn't pressure stuff enough for tspikes to stay, gets volt-turned on et cetera. It's pretty hard for me to build having a defensive core as a starting point since I'm normally not used to it.
Nidoqueen was chosen as the tspikes setter as it can both set up rocks and check zeraora/terrak. I've tried using tenta but I feel like the team often ended up having too much typing redundancy.
Ideally the team should be somewhat of a bulky offense or a more offensive take on balance, nothing too too passive, which uses Suicune to break through slower teams thanks to tspikes support. I'd love if you'd manage include a Knock Off pivot to reduce passive recovery and make Suicune's job that much easier, though if you really can't then don't worry, the help is very very much appreciated regardless.
Thank you in advance!

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
Crawdaunt @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
Hey there my boys
So I'm here to request a team with Mega-Sceptile, since I love it, there's also a DD crawdant.
I might change Sceptile's set, this one is the recommended by smogon and maybe have Crawdaunt with a Focus Sash.
An offense team is fine for me, but I'm looking for balance. I would like to have a mon that can provide an opportunity for Crawdaunt to set up, as well as something that can deal with Scizor with no problem.
That's basically it, anything you come up with makes me happy anyway, thanks for you time.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Latias @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Started with the requested core of VinCune + Nidoqueen. I added Umbreon because the team, at that point, struggled to beat Psychic-types like Latias and Celebi, as well as Dark-types like Mega Sharpedo and Hydreigon, all of which Umbreon could check pretty decently. Because, thus far, all my walls were grounded, I wanted to have a reliable Defogging core. I decided to go with Scizor + Mega Altaria. Mega Altaria beats certain hazard setters like Kommo-o and Swampert, while Scizor can beat other Stealth Rock setters like Terrakion and Mamoswine. Together, they can also stall out Stealth Rock's PP, which means bulky passive Stealth Rock setters like Hippowdon and Gligar also have a really hard time setting up hazards. Lastly, I wanted a good check to Steel-types like Empoleon and Lucario, as well as a good Celebi check. Latias seemed great here. I went with BoltBeam + Calm Mind to lure in Water-types like Empoleon and Mantine to let Suicune have an easier time sweeping (thanks Sage for proposing Gigavolt Havoc Latias here; it was Devastating Drake originally).

Sabbio, I hope you will have fun with the team!

For Drakothonic :

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Scizor @ Iron Plate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Latias @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Blastoise-Mega was the first Pokemon added to the team, it's a great Offensive Spinner which can check Scizor while also being able to threaten the majority of Hazards setters. Then we have SD Scizor with 3 Attacks which is a really good Late Game Sweeper thanks to Bullet Punch. Knock Off and Superpower are pretty useful vs its common Switch in like Tentacruel or Cobalion. EVs spread allows Scizor to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt. Gligar is our Stealth Rocks setter and paired really well with Blastoise-Mega by being able to check Zeraora or non-Hidden Power [Ice] Manectric-Mega. It also brings Momentum to the team thanks to U-Turn which helps many of its teammates. It has 29 IV in Speed to be slower than opponent's Gligar which allows it to have a slow U-Turn. Terrakion is another really strong Wallbreaker which is able to break through a lot of Defensive Pokemon which helps Scizor a lot. It appreciates the fact that Blastoise-Mega can threaten some of its checks like Hippowdon or Palossand. I opted for Quick Attack over Toxic because it allows Terrakion to Revenge Kill faster threats if they're weakened. Then we have Bisharp which is able to Revenge Kill with ease Latias which is a threat for the team. It's paired really well with Scizor. Indeed, they can weaken each other checks like Hippowdon, Chesnaught, Infernape or Tentacruel. Last but not least, CM Bolt-Beam Latias brings to the team a little bit more of Speed while also being able to break through Chesnaught, Hippowdon or Alomomola which helps a lot Scizor, Bisharp and Terrakion. The team might seem a bit slow considering Latias is the fastest Pokemon but thanks to ×3 priorities it's not that big of a deal.

I hope you will like the team :psyglad:

For Drakothonic :

Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Scizor @ Iron Plate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Latias @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Blastoise-Mega was the first Pokemon added to the team, it's a great Offensive Spinner which can check Scizor while also being able to threaten the majority of Hazards setters. Then we have SD Scizor with 3 Attacks which is a really good Late Game Sweeper thanks to Bullet Punch. Knock Off and Superpower are pretty useful vs its common Switch in like Tentacruel or Cobalion. EVs spread allows Scizor to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt. Gligar is our Stealth Rocks setter and paired really well with Blastoise-Mega by being able to check Zeraora or non-Hidden Power [Ice] Manectric-Mega. It also brings Momentum to the team thanks to U-Turn which helps many of its teammates. It has 29 IV in Speed to be slower than opponent's Gligar which allows it to have a slow U-Turn. Terrakion is another really strong Wallbreaker which is able to break through a lot of Defensive Pokemon which helps Scizor a lot. It appreciates the fact that Blastoise-Mega can threaten some of its checks like Hippowdon or Palossand. I opted for Quick Attack over Toxic because it allows Terrakion to Revenge Kill faster threats if they're weakened. Then we have Bisharp which is able to Revenge Kill with ease Latias which is a threat for the team. It's paired really well with Scizor. Indeed, they can weaken each other checks like Hippowdon, Chesnaught, Infernape or Tentacruel. Last but not least, CM Bolt-Beam Latias brings to the team a little bit more of Speed while also being able to break through Chesnaught, Hippowdon or Alomomola which helps a lot Scizor, Bisharp and Terrakion. The team might seem a bit slow considering Latias is the fastest Pokemon but thanks to ×3 priorities it's not that big of a deal.

I hope you will like the team :psyglad:
Thanks so much, Moutemoute! I can't wait to try it tonight. I love CM BoltBeam Lati, that'll be so fun to use. I appreciate your help, friend. :)

Hello^^
I would like to get some help with a team. It's been some time since I've played serious battles so I'm a bit lost in teambuilding and in the tier in general.
The pokemon that I thought building a team around were Infernape and Alolan Muk, not sure how good they are together in comparison to the meta, but I quite like the idea o Muk pursuit trapping the pyschic and ghost that can make Infernapes job harder.

For the sets I'm thinking something like:
Muk_de_Alola_SL.gif

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch

Infernape_XY.gif

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Although I'm not sure if banded infernape is better than the other set, feel free to change infernape's set if needed. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

B R A I N L I C K E R

Banned deucer.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Latias @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Started with the requested core of VinCune + Nidoqueen. I added Umbreon because the team, at that point, struggled to beat Psychic-types like Latias and Celebi, as well as Dark-types like Mega Sharpedo and Hydreigon, all of which Umbreon could check pretty decently. Because, thus far, all my walls were grounded, I wanted to have a reliable Defogging core. I decided to go with Scizor + Mega Altaria. Mega Altaria beats certain hazard setters like Kommo-o and Swampert, while Scizor can beat other Stealth Rock setters like Terrakion and Mamoswine. Together, they can also stall out Stealth Rock's PP, which means bulky passive Stealth Rock setters like Hippowdon and Gligar also have a really hard time setting up hazards. Lastly, I wanted a good check to Steel-types like Empoleon and Lucario, as well as a good Celebi check. Latias seemed great here. I went with BoltBeam + Calm Mind to lure in Water-types like Empoleon and Mantine to let Suicune have an easier time sweeping (thanks Sage for proposing Gigavolt Havoc Latias here; it was Devastating Drake originally).

This is a really fucking good team!!!!

Suicune @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Latias @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

The team is absolutely fantastic, thank you so so much! I have to get a bit of practice with it still, but after the games I played I can tell that the team is very very solid! I have just a couple of questions: against opposing stall, how should I play against double regen core, since my suicune is going to get pp stalled? Since I've been seeing a lot more of Defog Gligar a lot on stall, what do you think about changing Flamethrower into Ice Beam and investing 32 EVs in SpAtk to guarantee the 2HKO on 252 HP/ 8 SpDef Defog Scizor after rocks?

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The team is absolutely fantastic, thank you so so much! I have to get a bit of practice with it still, but after the games I played I can tell that the team is very very solid! I have just a couple of questions: against opposing stall, how should I play against double regen core, since my suicune is going to get pp stalled? Since I've been seeing a lot more of Defog Gligar a lot on stall, what do you think about changing Flamethrower into Ice Beam and investing 32 EVs in SpAtk to guarantee the 2HKO on 252 HP/ 8 SpDef Defog Scizor after rocks?
Up to you, I personally prefer Flamethrower, as the team hates facing an unboosted Scizor (mainly so it can't set up on Mega Altaria), and Bisharp. Also take into account that Stealth Rock has more PP than Defog does. With Stealth Rock up, double Regenerator cores struggle to switch into +6 Scald.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Hello there,
I want to request a team around Mamoswine, since it's one of my favorites. Preferably Offense, but I'd be fine with Balance too. Feel free to change the set to what you think works well.
Thanks for your time!

Well it’s been a lot more than a week might as well request another mon and then never bother you guys again :psyglad:

Crobat @ Flyinium Z / Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Taunt
- Roost​

So yeah Crobat has seen better days (free Mega Venu) and it’s a really shitty defogger so I’m requesting an unorthodox stallbreaker set. Immediately cutting a fat mon’s health in half while preventing it from recovering and then finishing it off with Brave Bird or your Z is a unique trait for Crobat. I am requesting this team to be Balance and you can even opt for semistall due to Crobat’s unique skillset it brings vs opposing fat.

Notily

dirt rich

Krookodile @ Iapapa Berry
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Moltres @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Sleep Talk

something i've been meaning to build but final exams are soon :psynervous:
specs molt is a super scary breaker but i've always hated how it reliant it is on multiple defoggers, which kind of limits where you can go with it teambuilding-wise. i was thinking pairing it with taunt rocks krook could reduce the need for multiple defoggers to some extent due to krook's generally good matchups vs opposing rockers. i went with iapapa krook so it could function more reliably as an electric check for molt and stomach more hits from passive rockers. i think this concept would also work with taunt rocks kommo-o if thats an easier route to take. bulky offense is probably the way to go but go with whatever you think is optimal :psyglad:

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind

Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

It's been a while since my last post so here is another one. Since I started playing Pokemon competitively I have been unable to build a HO team without it turning to shit and just becoming a meme lol. So this is a good place to post this core so I can learn a bit more on how to build using this archetype. So as I went through the list I really wanted to build a team around Talonflame and just because it's me I want to request a Tailwind variant (¬‿¬)
Of course I am not gonna complain if you wanna use Taunt or Roost.

I felt this would partner well with Mega Blastoise another Pokemon I have yet to use which can benefit from the tailwind boost + it says in the dex it works well with Talonflame so ye. I adapted the ev spread to outpace scarf Hydreigon with the boost but you also outpace Modest Volcanion and Magneton with the investment but I'm not exactly bothered by what ev spread you want to use with it. I think that is about it for explanations, I look forward to the heat you guys come up with ^_^

For 2MuchHax :

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Pursuit

Gengar @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Sludge Wave

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roar
- Toxic
- Scald

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Hydreigon @ Darkinium Z
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor

Primarina @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Moonblast

Yo, I have been using the team for awhile and have been struggling to break through amoongus if I don’t have gengar at high health

Send halp plz

Last edited:
Yo, I have been using the team for awhile and have been struggling to break through amoongus if I don’t have gengar at high health of if I have burnt my Z on hydra

Send halp plz
In my opinion you should just play around. I think the team is pretty good vs Amoonguss since Gengar with Taunt/WoW/Hex and Hydreigon with Taunt/Roost/STABs can almost 1v1 on their own Amoonguss. You just need to keep them when you see an Amoonguss on the opponent's team :]

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
Crawdaunt @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
Hey there my boys
So I'm here to request a team with Mega-Sceptile, since I love it, there's also a DD crawdant.
I might change Sceptile's set, this one is the recommended by smogon and maybe have Crawdaunt with a Focus Sash.
An offense team is fine for me, but I'm looking for balance. I would like to have a mon that can provide an opportunity for Crawdaunt to set up, as well as something that can deal with Scizor with no problem.
That's basically it, anything you come up with makes me happy anyway, thanks for you time.
I apologize for the wait :(.
So I love mscept and I haven't used it much at all recently but I do think it's underappreciated a bit. I don't think daunt and mscept really do much for each other but they're two cool mons and I was able to make it work. I changed the set to SD Waterium Z Crawdaunt because I think it's just a better set to break through shit in general, DD kinda works on webs but nowhere else. The first thing I added was the core of Doublade + Heattom, this core helps the original core out so much and for several reasons. Doublade gives a solid Lati, Maero, fairy answer, and something that can blanket check most of the tier's fighting types... while Rotom-H gives a pivot that can bring Daunt in but more importantly a reliable sciz check to take some of the load off of Doublade and reliable hazard removal. Diancie made sense in the next slot because of it's ability to set rocks while checking dragons in general (specifically Hydreigon). Diancie is also really good here because it gives Heal Bell support and gives Rotom-H some breathing room as it is also capable of checking special birds. Scarf Krook comes through here for speed control and Pursuit mainly, it also helps the Bish matchup a bit. I gave it Iron Tail > Stone Edge to lure fairies (specifically malt in this case) since Stone Edge really wasn't needed with 3 flying resists in doub + rotom-h + diancie. I hope you like the team, it's pretty fun on paper and T-Wave on Rotom-H is a nice touch to support Crawdaunt oo.
Lmk if you have any questions LaLul

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)