UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry for being "this kind" of guy, but the biggest john in the world (also known as Shiba) built a team that fits with your request, however, it won't work for so long if Alakazam gets banned from UU. Here's the link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/underused-teambuilding-lab.3596785/#post-7257517
Well, haha, the thing is... as I wrote in my post, I want the team to be Balance or Bulky Offense ^^', I am really bad at using Hyper Offense... The team Shiba made is Hyper Offense, so... ^^'

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I regret that I must announce that Tony has stepped down from the Lab staff, citing real-life time constraints. We at the Lab enjoyed the opportunity to work with him and are thankful for his service. He is welcome to return to the staff at any time.

Pearl will replace him as a builder. Pearl was a valuable asset to the last iteration of the Teambuilding Lab and we are pleased to announce his return.

Shiba has indicated that he wishes to assume the responsibilities of a full-time staff member rather than a consultant and has thus been promoted. We look forward to seeing the results of his work.

In other news, the queue is mostly updated. The hosts are considering how to handle a couple of requests, but we will have news on that front shortly.

hey yall, i'm fairly new to the UU tier so i'd like a team around one of my favorite mons

Reuniclus @ Life Orb/ Psychium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock/ Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

OTR Reuniclus is a cool Pokemon that I've used in OU, however i don't know how it works or how to build around it in UU. I'd prefer offense somewhere between semistall and bulky offense. Thanks in advance

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Sombolo

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 60 SpD / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Mirror Coat

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
- Roost

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Have had some interest building around Absol for awhile so I took your request :D. But anyway, pretty nice bulky offense here. I decided to pair Mega Absol and Keldeo with a couple extra Aerodactyl switch-ins/checks with Scizor and Swampert as well as having that nice fairy resist with Scizor. With Swampert's set, I decided to keep a more offensive nature to it since you requested it so I added Mirror Coat to catch a TON of things off guard which would usually break this team like Mega Blastoise and Primarina (it's a good set I swear LOL). Next, Thunderbolt Life Orb Latias was added as another way to take care of bulkier Waters that were hard to break in testing like the aforementioned ones. You could opt for Ice Beam Lati if you really wanted to hit things like Gliscor and Celebi, but I found Tbolt to work better in practice as it can also hit things like Coba and Scizor harder. Lastly, Cobalion was added to take on slower priority users like Bisharp and Scizor as well as faster threats like Sharpedo while also acting as a wincon w/ Double Dance Fightnium Z. This team does have ~some trouble with Clefable (but what team doesn't though lol), but it should be manageable if you play it right with Iron Tail Absol, Scizor, and Coba all on the same team. Enjoy :toast:

Sombolo

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 60 SpD / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Mirror Coat

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
- Roost

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Have had some interest building around Absol for awhile so I took your request :D. But anyway, pretty nice bulky offense here. I decided to pair Mega Absol and Keldeo with a couple extra Aerodactyl switch-ins/checks with Scizor and Swampert as well as having that nice fairy resist with Scizor. With Swampert's set, I decided to keep a more offensive nature to it since you requested it so I added Mirror Coat to catch a TON of things off guard which would usually break this team like Mega Blastoise and Primarina (it's a good set I swear LOL). Next, Thunderbolt Life Orb Latias was added as another way to take care of bulkier Waters that were hard to break in testing like the aforementioned ones. You could opt for Ice Beam Lati if you really wanted to hit things like Gliscor and Celebi, but I found Tbolt to work better in practice as it can also hit things like Coba and Scizor harder. Lastly, Cobalion was added to take on slower priority users like Bisharp and Scizor as well as faster threats like Sharpedo while also acting as a wincon w/ Double Dance Fightnium Z. This team does have ~some trouble with Clefable (but what team doesn't though lol), but it should be manageable if you play it right with Iron Tail Absol, Scizor, and Coba all on the same team. Enjoy :toast:
great build!! next request will be coming soon :)

Like I said a new request :]
Playstyle: Stall, Semi-Stall or Fat Balance

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Haze
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind / Toxic / Stone Edge / idk

When i was searching for a new core I found Mantine as a intresting option because it checks so much stuff rn in the metagame like Keldeo, Sharpedo, Scizor and even Primarina. Hippowdon covers stuff like Raikou and MAero for Mantine. About the last slot on Hippowdon I dont really know what to do so I put some options on it.(feel free to change the spreads too if needed)

sorry if there are any grammar fails in this post :[

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Like I said a new request :]
Playstyle: Stall, Semi-Stall or Fat Balance

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Haze
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind / Toxic / Stone Edge / idk

When i was searching for a new core I found Mantine as a intresting option because it checks so much stuff rn in the metagame like Keldeo, Sharpedo, Scizor and even Primarina. Hippowdon covers stuff like Raikou and MAero for Mantine. About the last slot on Hippowdon I dont really know what to do so I put some options on it.(feel free to change the spreads too if needed)

sorry if there are any grammar fails in this post :[
Please check the other teams first next time, one of the teams that have been created before might already contain your core.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/underused-teambuilding-lab.3596785/page-2#post-7265460

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Rawbi

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Keldeo-Resolute @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Flash Cannon
- Defog
- Grass Knot

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Despite the fact that I've always been a huge fan of toxicroak, I havent used it much in SUMO so building around it was quite fun. I yet again decided to make this team a standard Bulky offense with some less used sets to catch opponents off guard. I chose clefable for it's ability to lure Gliscor, Hippodown, Cobalion ans Scizor while threatening dragons quite well. Keldeo adds another Bisharp answer to the team, Normalium Z allows it to lure Slowbro which is great to allow Toxicroak to sweep. This empoleon variant lures every single ground type including Swampert, provides defog and something to switch on fairy moves and Latias. Since the team already had a fair amount of ways to play around Keldeo, I thought I'd give a shot to this CM Latias variants which threatens a massive amount of team thanks to it's raw power and coverage. Aerodactyl fits the team perfectly as every single of it's checks are easily beaten by the other members, it provides rocks and a mean of revenge killing threats like Raikou. Hope you'll have fun using this as it one of my favorites yet.

Last edited:

daunt vs

Of Course You Won't
is a Tiering Contributor
I would like a water spam
Playstyle:HO,offense or bulky offense
Sets:

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
Description: This two mons form a good water spam core breaking their checks like primarina break psysical wall and sharpedo gives you speed control and break a lot of physicals walls
PD:Sorry for my bad English

Last edited:
I'd like to request an offensive team built around Ghostium Z Gengar.
Gengar is such an amazing mon, even after losing Levitate. With Ghostium Z it gained the ability to break through even more mons.

094.gif

Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ZekromFan

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect
Had fun thinking up this team whilst at work; water spam has been fun to build around and is scary to face. I started off by adding Hippowdon since it provides a nice bulky pivot and switch in to threats such as Raikou & Gengar, which threaten the water spam core. Setting up rocks and adding some longevity to team; I opted to run Toxic in order to wear down opposing bulky Pokemon - helping Sharpedo late game. Latias is the teams dedicated Keldeo check; Defog ensures that you're able to remove opposing hazards and Roost gives Latias survivability. Latias and Hippowdon form a nice bulky pivot core, both cover Primarina and Sharpedo's weakness' effectively. Wanting to take this team in an offensive direction, Raikou can switch into threats such as Togekiss. Being able to set up on Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Raikou appreciates the freedom that Substitute grants it, making it very difficult to revenge kill, and pressuring offensive teams. Cobalion was added as a blanket check to Steel & Fairy types, as well as an offensive check to m-Aero, this time I chose Corkscrew Crash over All-out Pummeling. Corkskrew Crash is a OHKO versus Fairy Type Pokemon, it also provides sufficient damage on bulky Pokemon; wearing down checks and counters to both Raikou & Sharpedo. The team functions by pressuring the opposing teams walls and finding an opening for one of three sweeps - Raikou, Cobalion or Sharpedo. Latias and Hippowdon function as bulky pivots, synergising well with Primarina allowing for it to come in often and punch holes in the opposing team.

Last edited:

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Back again with another team request. Would love if this team would be Bulky Offense or Balance.

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Curse

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse

This core is aimed at Gastrodon forcing switches to allow Specs Hydreigon to break more of the opposing team. Gastrodon walls non CM-Latias, non CM-Keldeo, and other things that beat Hydreigon like Scizor and Bisharp. Hydreigon also resists Grass moves which are one of the few things that wreck Gatrodon. I have tried a few times to build with Gastrodon but it has never worked.

therealslap yo sorry i forgot about this lool, i built this team earlier but i didnt remember what it was actually for.

Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Endeavor

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Krookodile @ Chople Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

ghostium gengar is cool. nukes a bunch of balance cores (albeit a bit less consistently than lo variants imo), has some other somewhat neat perks like not being 2hkod by clef knock. since gengar is a nice way to dick with latias and fat grasses i wanted to pair it with scarf keld to deal with most scarfers, as well as checkin darks. endeavor isnt necessary here but kelds last slot always sucks on scarf. forre is here to set up spikes for gengar, checking aero, which is some balance's main way of checking it if running suit, and pivot it in. works well with keldeo as well. after that i added krook since i needed rocks obviously and is a decent raikou check. chople is here because opposing gengar can be annoying. i feel like with forre you should always have a pursuit trapper which is why it's here but if you want taunt you can use that and rock sub over taunt on gengar. then latias is here as a check to most offensive waters, fires, celebi, etc. with hp fire to dick scizor. then i have clefable because, again, its clefable. i always like knock with spikes but encore or stored power is cool for stall teams, or fthrower if you want some extra zor insurance.

therealslap yo sorry i forgot about this lool, i built this team earlier but i didnt remember what it was actually for.

Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Endeavor

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Krookodile @ Chople Berry
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

ghostium gengar is cool. nukes a bunch of balance cores (albeit a bit less consistently than lo variants imo), has some other somewhat neat perks like not being 2hkod by clef knock. since gengar is a nice way to dick with latias and fat grasses i wanted to pair it with scarf keld to deal with most scarfers, as well as checkin darks. endeavor isnt necessary here but kelds last slot always sucks on scarf. forre is here to set up spikes for gengar, checking aero, which is some balance's main way of checking it if running suit, and pivot it in. works well with keldeo as well. after that i added krook since i needed rocks obviously and is a decent raikou check. chople is here because opposing gengar can be annoying. i feel like with forre you should always have a pursuit trapper which is why it's here but if you want taunt you can use that and rock sub over taunt on gengar. then latias is here as a check to most offensive waters, fires, celebi, etc. with hp fire to dick scizor. then i have clefable because, again, its clefable. i always like knock with spikes but encore or stored power is cool for stall teams, or fthrower if you want some extra zor insurance.
Thanks for the team Bouff! looking forward to using it :)

sparrow

kacaw
Sas0, since old mate Eyan has been busy I've taken it upon myself to build you a fun HO Waterium-z Slowbro Team :].

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 28 HP / 248 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Scizor @ Iron Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
Slowbro is a very decent early & mid-game pivot, this team especially appreciates its bulk. Taking on threats such as Keldeo, Cobalion & Infernape is useful, as well as taking less damage from Knock Off Pokemon such as: Bisharp & Krookodile is quite the boon for Slowbro, and +1 Hydro Vortex is helpful for wearing down annoying walls during the course of the match. Hawlucha is an incredibly underrated late game sweeper and threat to most offence builds atm. Enough speed for base 115s is standard and 28 EVs in HP reaches 304, allowing you to bring it into rocks twice, and hit sub once to pop the berry (whilst setting up on Alomomola); the rest is dumped in attack. Magneton traps and removes annoying steels; especially Scizor, it's also a decent specs user threatening opposing Fairy types for the team. Scarf Krookodile: since without it, Raikou is a massive pain in the ass; Pursuit trap for Latias is also nice. M-Aero is a great Pokemon all around, literally standard AoA without the Pursuit (since that's what Krook is for!) rocks was added instead since it's the best move in the game. Swords Dance Scizor was the last member on the team, it's a shame this set isn't seen as much; you could also choose to run Lum Berry over Iron Plate if it suits you.

This team is balls to the wall offence, Magneton & Krookodile can easily trap opposing threats to the team, and utilising Krookodile + Slowbro + Magneton in combination afford some decent defensive synergy allowing you to switch around should it be required throughout the match. 3 incredibly fast Pokemon + a priority user means this team isn't short of sweeping potential. Even a possible late game sweep with Slowbro is achievable. All up, a fun team to use, I hope you enjoy using it as much as I did.

I'd like to request a new team around SD Dragonium Z Haxorus.
SD Haxorus just breaks stuff apart and with Dragonium Z, it gained a nuke that doesn't lock it into Outrage. I've always wanted to build Haxorus since it's such a powerhouse, but always failed / was too lazy / unexperienced.
612.gif

Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

The team should be Bulky Offense / Offense. Thanks in advance!

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Reuniclus @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Recover

A really interesting and fun Pokémon to use. A really good bulk, defensive typing, ability and offenses make it a really scary Pokémon to face against.

Don't mind me, didn't see there already is a defensive Reuniclus request ^^ sorry

+ Sticky Web
Frogger (Toxicroak) (M) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch / Knock Off
- Swords Dance

I'd like to request a team around Toxicroak and Sticky Webs with any setter (even Leavanny). I've always liked the playstyle of Sticky Web, with it's ability to shut down fast threats and let previously meh Pokemon shine in spite of their poor speed. Sticky Web teams are currently making a big splash in OU right now, but I do wonder what Stick Web can do in UU, with every setter of it legal. Being me, liking to take the road less traveled, I wanted an "okay" Pokemon for the team that would be good if it wasn't for their poor speed tier. That lead me to Toxicroak, who's speed in only 85, but has a neat typing, great movepool, good ability, and decent power, meaning that if it can constantly outspeed opponents, who knows what Toxicroak might be able to pull off.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
+ Sticky Web
Frogger (Toxicroak) (M) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch / Knock Off
- Swords Dance

I'd like to request a team around Toxicroak and Sticky Webs with any setter (even Leavanny). I've always liked the playstyle of Sticky Web, with it's ability to shut down fast threats and let previously meh Pokemon shine in spite of their poor speed. Sticky Web teams are currently making a big splash in OU right now, but I do wonder what Stick Web can do in UU, with every setter of it legal. Being me, liking to take the road less traveled, I wanted an "okay" Pokemon for the team that would be good if it wasn't for their poor speed tier. That lead me to Toxicroak, who's speed in only 85, but has a neat typing, great movepool, good ability, and decent power, meaning that if it can constantly outspeed opponents, who knows what Toxicroak might be able to pull off.
There is no sticky web setter over the viability of B-.

There is no sticky web setter over the viability of B-.
I saw that, so I thought that submitting the concept rather than a specific Pokemon, since I'd assume that if it was necessary a builder would use C Rank and below Pokemon, it would get around that, but guess not :P

I'd like to request a specs Volcanion team. Volcanion is a powerful wall-breaker and it great at crippling its checks with burns from Steam Eruption. its fantastic offensive typing allows it to status check things like Scizor and Bisharp as well, two of the most threatening pokemon in the tier. Would prefer bulky offense but would be Happy with whatever playstyle you think is right.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Electric/Grass

sparrow

kacaw
therealslap, peep this powerful squad, centred around Swords Dance Haxorus plus Tailwind support.
Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Grass Knot
- Tailwind

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 16 SpA / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Swords Dance Haxorus is a powerful Pokemon, but it has no way of boosting its speed - outside of speed control from its team. I decided to take the offensive route, as per usual, and slapped Tailwind Tornadus alongside it. Another Pokemon that enjoys Tailwind late game was Specs Keldeo, so naturally I added it. Haxorus & Keldeo are impressive breakers; and alongside Tornadus they don't have to worry about speed as much. The problem this core faces: is setting up versus faster Pokemon such as Latias, Raikou etc. Scarf Krookodile is chucked in to alleviate this problem, Stealth Rock is slapped on since there is no room elsewhere on this team. Desperately in need of a Fairy switch in and hazard control, Tentacruel is the natural choice, pressuring the opposing team with Toxic Spikes. Lastly, Pokemon such as M-Aerodactyl, M-Sharpedo still required a decent answer, Scizor is the blanket check, as well as late game set up cleaner.

therealslap, peep this powerful squad, centred around Swords Dance Haxorus plus Tailwind support.
Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Grass Knot
- Tailwind

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 16 SpA / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald,
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Swords Dance Haxorus is a powerful Pokemon, but it has no way of boosting its speed - outside of speed control from its team. I decided to take the offensive route, as per usual, and slapped Tailwind Tornadus alongside it. Another Pokemon that enjoys Tailwind late game was Specs Keldeo, so naturally I added it. Haxorus & Keldeo are impressive breakers; and alongside Tornadus they don't have to worry about speed as much. The problem this core faces: is setting up versus faster Pokemon such as Latias, Raikou etc. Scarf Krookodile is chucked in to alleviate this problem, Stealth Rock is slapped on since there is no room elsewhere on this team. Desperately in need of a Fairy switch in and hazard control, Tentacruel is the natural choice, pressuring the opposing team with Toxic Spikes. Lastly, Pokemon such as M-Aerodactyl, M-Sharpedo still required a decent answer, Scizor is the blanket check, as well as late game set up cleaner.
Thanks sparrow! I thought it'd take longer since uupl is going on rn. From what i've played the team's pretty fun, combining Haxorus and Tailwind was a cool idea :)

Hey everyone, I hope you are all well :) Requesting a Tailwind team centering around the following set;

Nidoking Life Orb
Sheer Force
+ SAtk -SDef or -Atk if you choose Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Superpower

I believe this concept has potential due to the savage power and coverage of Nidoking, making the above set almost unwallable. Top tier Pokemon including but not limited to Raikou, Primarina, Clefable, Scizor, Cobalion, Celebi, Bisharp, Gengar, Gliscor, Togekiss and Volcanion are all outsped and OHKOd by King under Tailwind.
Superpower is an option if removing Blissey and Snorlax is beneficial for the other team members, otherwise Flamethrower/TBolt are superior for coverage on foes such as Keldeo, Mega Toise, Mantine, Scizor and Forry.
The team would require switchins to strong priority moves such as CB Bullet Punch from Scizor, Honchkrow's LO Sucker Punch and Crawdaunt's Aqua Jet as well as methods to break Cresselia, Sp Def Mew, Gastrodon etc. for Nidoking to be effective ie. Pokemon with high Sp Def that aren't hit Super Effectively by it. This leads me to believe that Swords Dance Lum Bisharp may be a good partner that also benefits from Tailwind, but I'll leave that up to the builder.
I would be grateful if someone could make an amazing team with this set :)
~WhimsicottIsBroken

Hey guys, i'm back to request a team around a certain core and it's Dark Spam. I was looking around for a cool core i could request and found this.

This core was posted by Highways in the Core Builder Workshop. I'm a fan of Type Spam and also enjoy using Z-moves. It's supposed to kill Fairy-Types and support Hydreigon, which has an easier time after Fairy-Types have been eliminated. Both pokemon are weak to Fighting-Types, which are common with the likes of Keldeo, Cobalion and Infernape (also Terrak), so the team needs a way to deal with these mons. Also there are faster scarf mons than Hydreigon, which can threaten this core as well. Tentacruel seems like a fine addition since it resists most stabs from Fighting-Types, also it provides a spinner, though Offensive Celebi and Gliscor become an issue then.
I'd liked it to be BO or just Offense, depends on which way u want to go, i'm fine with either :).
Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)