Project Underused Teambuilding Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

<Click the sprites for the importable>
Here is your Glowbro team. Salamence helps defensively check stuff like Victini, Scizor, etc., and provides Defog support. I opted for Hurricane to better ease the Azumarill and Primarina matchup. Rhyperior gives a Stealth Rock setter and a decent check to stuff like Goltres, Victini, and Salamence. Azumarill gives the team needed breaking power and provides some Speed control with Aqua Jet. Dada as the scarfer giving good speed control that can bring Azumarill in against stuff like Kommo-o. Finally, I added Magnezone because trapping Steel-types is nice for Glowbro and Zarude. Removing Skarmory is also very helpful for Azumarill. Went for Sleep Talk for the Grass-types because they find a fair amount of opportunities to put a Pokemon to sleep
Thank you!

Hello good sir, :beedrill: :sylveon: :seismitoad: :doublade: :mandibuzz: :celebi:

Here is your bee + sylv team. I don't think cleric sylv is ideal as a partner here not only because it's generally hard outclassed by florg as a cleric but also because I don't think it provides a ton of support for mega bee with wish, I went with Specs Sylveon because mega bee by nature can chip steels n shit to give sylv an easier time breaking and ofc vise versa. I went with Seismitoad in the next slot to provide rocks support, I like toad a lot here because it keeps em up vs the stuff that comes in on bee/sylv so it is efficient in helping them out w rocks. Toad also helps your mu vs blanket physical attackers like mega aero and provides support w knock off. I knew with an offensive fairy that switching into conk would be rough by nature no matter what I did so I wanted to try and give it as few opportunities as possible, I think Doublade is as good as you're gonna get when it comes to a steel type that isn't immediately forced out by conk every time, not only that but it helps solidify our mus defensively against stuff like aero/coba/metagross/etc, not to mention in the end game I think it is greatly supported by everything on the team so far to get everything into range for a potential sd doub winpath. Mandibuzz is pretty necessary here for hazard removal and for Hydreigon matchup since we have a doub and an offensive fairy, also helps us a lot vs Roserade ofc when we have smth that's always forced out in toad. Celebi is the perfect last slot as it helps Doublade in busting through dark types w/ NP Colbur but more importantly gives us another conk answer w/ Colbur to act as a knock deterrent, not only that but you have a reliable means of beating Suicune now. Team's speed tiers are kinda funky but I think this is the best you're gonna get and it's fine. Click sprites for paste.

Mr. Vivacious Pride,

I have been waiting 6 million years for this team to be showcased to me! Thank you so much! I will now sign up for the 2016 Japan Championships.

Hello good sir, :salamence: :magnezone: :tangrowth: :terrakion: :primarina: :diggersby:

I have your salamag team here, I started with the starting core obviously. I went with tang in the next slot because it gives me a general ground switch in when mag inevitably sinks momentum vs a ground, not only that but tang gives me a general knock switch in and can provide chip with rocky helm to support a potential dd mence wincon. Terrakion provides rocks and an actual dark resist, also just a general breaker to help pave a way for mence, good speed tier as well. Primarina means we don't hard lose to kommo so that's pretty cool. Diggersbytho is speed control and elec immunity, also is like the perfect pivot to pair with magnezone since it gets it in vs celesteela reliably, it also provides spikes support for mence n shit. Click sprites for paste.

Hello good sir, :beedrill: :sylveon: :seismitoad: :doublade: :mandibuzz: :celebi:

Here is your bee + sylv team. I don't think cleric sylv is ideal as a partner here not only because it's generally hard outclassed by florg as a cleric but also because I don't think it provides a ton of support for mega bee with wish, I went with Specs Sylveon because mega bee by nature can chip steels n shit to give sylv an easier time breaking and ofc vise versa. I went with Seismitoad in the next slot to provide rocks support, I like toad a lot here because it keeps em up vs the stuff that comes in on bee/sylv so it is efficient in helping them out w rocks. Toad also helps your mu vs blanket physical attackers like mega aero and provides support w knock off. I knew with an offensive fairy that switching into conk would be rough by nature no matter what I did so I wanted to try and give it as few opportunities as possible, I think Doublade is as good as you're gonna get when it comes to a steel type that isn't immediately forced out by conk every time, not only that but it helps solidify our mus defensively against stuff like aero/coba/metagross/etc, not to mention in the end game I think it is greatly supported by everything on the team so far to get everything into range for a potential sd doub winpath. Mandibuzz is pretty necessary here for hazard removal and for Hydreigon matchup since we have a doub and an offensive fairy, also helps us a lot vs Roserade ofc when we have smth that's always forced out in toad. Celebi is the perfect last slot as it helps Doublade in busting through dark types w/ NP Colbur but more importantly gives us another conk answer w/ Colbur to act as a knock deterrent, not only that but you have a reliable means of beating Suicune now. Team's speed tiers are kinda funky but I think this is the best you're gonna get and it's fine. Click sprites for paste.

Hello good sir, :shuckle: :bisharp: :azumarill: :victini: :thundurus-therian: :scizor:

I used this team to get lati reqs and it honestly probably improves without lati maybe? Basically I just wanted to make webs and thundy-t tends to naturally fit onto webs because of it's ability to break with webs helping it out due to it's odd speed tier. Bisharp comes naturally as Defiant + it's breaking potential w/ webs up is a big deal, good offensive steel/dark and both being useful typings right off the bat. Azumarill is really good and I think with webs up has a lot of potential end game auto dubs, meshes well with bish. Victini is great here as it is extremely difficult to switch into in the first place due to it's powerful moves and consistent coverage but with webs up it becomes a potent cleaner as well even and it meshes greatly with bish to bust through dark types like Krookodile and provide support vs fighting types that force bish out, also can chip stuff for bd azu cleans very efficiently, also an offensive sciz check. Thundy-t makes me not-auto-lose to zera even tho it's not much of a check if at all, gives me an elec immunity mainly which is a p big deal, extremely potent with webs up and also provides a ground immunity. SD Scizor gives me another steel so I dont have to rely on Bisharp to deal with a lot of stuff it has a hard time dealing with offensively like Tapu Bulu and Alakazam, also obviously loves webs support. Shuckle is self explanatory, click the sprites for paste.
Thanks so much, can’t wait to try it out!

StarFalcon555

<Click the sprites for the importable>
I will start off by saying I changed your sets up because this core was honestly pretty annoying to build with. Incineroar is quite cool in the current metagame but I don't believe Salamence is the best partner alongside it when you stack weaknesses to stuff like Azumarill and Terrakion etc. So I made this a faster Incineroar to better handle Scizor and pivot on Azumarill, and I made the Salamence an offensive set because you need a better means of pressuring the Rotom formes. Amoonguss checks Azu/Prima, which this core invites in too easily + checks Zeraora. Mamoswine gives the team a wallbreaker and a means of revenge killing Clangorous Kommo-o. I had to compress SR onto it. CM Zeraora is your fat matchup and with Latias gone its become significantly better. The spread is faster than Starmie with enough bulk to prevent Tangrowth breaking your Substitute with Knock Off. Finally, Scizor gives more speed control and a necessary Steel-type for stuff like Alakazam. You can run Knock Off over U-turn here.
Thanks a lot! This is a really awesome team!

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Bulu @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Synthesis
- Horn Leech
- Close Combat
- Megahorn

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Sp. Atk. / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic
- Pain Split

These mons provide some synergy between kommo-o, bulu, and rotom heat. rotom heat provides a crucial ice resistance that the other 2 struggle against, while bulu provides some support at being able to consistently check zeraora lacking blaze kick by being able to afford to lose its boots, Kommo-o Switches in against many grass types since its immune to powder moves such as spore and sleep powder. They all help against zeraora matchup in a way or another which is nice. Bulu provides physical power in forms of Stab + terrain booster horn leech, and coverage in clsoe combat and megahorn. Rotom heat provides a ground immunity which is nice and has stab volt switch and a 130 BP overheat, has toxic and pain split to wear down other opponents. Finally, Kommo-o is my mixed attacker, rocker, and is my tangrowth and amoongus switch in and fires back at them.

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Bulu @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Synthesis
- Horn Leech
- Close Combat
- Megahorn

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Sp. Atk. / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic
- Pain Split

These mons provide some synergy between kommo-o, bulu, and rotom heat. rotom heat provides a crucial ice resistance that the other 2 struggle against, while bulu provides some support at being able to consistently check zeraora lacking blaze kick by being able to afford to lose its boots, Kommo-o Switches in against many grass types since its immune to powder moves such as spore and sleep powder. They all help against zeraora matchup in a way or another which is nice. Bulu provides physical power in forms of Stab + terrain booster horn leech, and coverage in clsoe combat and megahorn. Rotom heat provides a ground immunity which is nice and has stab volt switch and a 130 BP overheat, has toxic and pain split to wear down other opponents. Finally, Kommo-o is my mixed attacker, rocker, and is my tangrowth and amoongus switch in and fires back at them.
Late but here you go HydreigonTheChild. I'd suggest keeping cores to two Pokemon so there are more options to work with but this one at least works well enough.

<Click Sprites for the Importable>
I just went for a standard BO VoltTurn concept here. Changed the Tapu Bulu set to SD because it's the only set that really makes progress. Added Zeraora for Speed control and I opted for Blaze Kick to help with Scizor. Scizor as obligatory Steel-type, I went with Safety Goggles because of Amoonguss. It also helps with Tangrowth though you are rather likely to lose your item to Knock Off so be aware of that. I made Kommo-o Bulletproof because you no longer need it to absorb sleep. Finally, Slowking because this Pokemon can check everything + Teleport is busted. Hope you like it and again sorry for the delay.

Late but here you go HydreigonTheChild. I'd suggest keeping cores to two Pokemon so there are more options to work with but this one at least works well enough.

<Click Sprites for the Importable>
I just went for a standard BO VoltTurn concept here. Changed the Tapu Bulu set to SD because it's the only set that really makes progress. Added Zeraora for Speed control and I opted for Blaze Kick to help with Scizor. Scizor as obligatory Steel-type, I went with Safety Goggles because of Amoonguss. It also helps with Tangrowth though you are rather likely to lose your item to Knock Off so be aware of that. I made Kommo-o Bulletproof because you no longer need it to absorb sleep. Finally, Slowking because this Pokemon can check everything + Teleport is busted. Hope you like it and again sorry for the delay.
Is psyshock on slowking needed,or can I go future sight

Hi guys, I'm back with another team request. This time I'm asking for a team based around Conkeldurr. I've noticed that it doesn't appear to be very popular right now so I'd like a team that can maximize its full capabilities. Here's the set I want for it.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab / Mach Punch

Hope you guys are doing well. I had to make an account to ask someone to build around this pretty cool core of Jirachi and Drampa.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Berserk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball/Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Glare

I would like the wish + berserk/glare combo to stay as I think jirachi helps drampa break with his berserk boosts after tanking a strong neutral or super effective hit, while drampa can help jirachi by spreading glares around so it's never truly useless. The sets aren't final but they both get access to some great utility options such as defog and rocks. Standard Jirachi is probably fine for this balance/BO core, for drampa I was thinking about slapping specs on him so he can pretty much OHKO the whole tier after a berserk boost with 3 atks, could even partner bulu for energy ball over hyper voice.

I'm not a great player or anything but I think this core could function well and I'll be excited to see what someone can come up with.

Last edited:
Hope you guys are doing well. I had to make an account to ask someone to build around this pretty cool core of Jirachi and Drampa.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Berserk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball/Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Glare

I would like the wish + berserk/glare combo to stay as I think jirachi helps drampa break with his berserk boosts after tanking a strong neutral or super effective hit, while drampa can help jirachi by spreading glares around so it's never truly useless. The sets aren't final but they both get access to some great utility options such as defog and rocks. Standard Jirachi is probably fine for this balance/BO core, for drampa I was thinking about slapping specs on him so he can pretty much OHKO the whole tier after a berserk boost with 3 atks, could even partner bulu for energy ball over hyper voice.

I'm not a great player or anything but I think this core could function well and I'll be excited to see what someone can come up with.
Hiya, Drampa isn't viable in UU and I can't think of many reasons to use it over a Specs Kyurem or offensive Kommo-o. I'm going to decline this request but if you are willing to change the Drampa for something more viable (check out our VR) then I'll see to it that someone gets this completed. Have a good rest of your day :D

Hi there! I'm pretty new to competitive Pokémon, and having dabbled in Smogon's tiers for a bit, I've found UU the most interesting tier. My request is pretty simple: Any sort of SS UU team built around a sweeper Mimikyu. The set is really standard:

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

I hope this isn't too vague to be a useful launching point; I just find Mimikyu's gameplay really interesting, and would love to get an idea of how it's used in UU. Thanks in advance!

ElspethOfValeron Welcome to the UU tier!

<Click the Sprites for the Importable>
Mimikyu is a little awkward to use right now especially in the middle of an Aegislash suspect, which does a similar job and for the most part does it better. Regardless I've kept it and went for a Spikes HO team, which supports it well enough. Mew is your lead in most matchups who is solely here to set up hazards for your breakers. I went for Flare Blitz in the last slot because removing Scizor is beneficial for a few of these partners. Bisharp because Defiant + hazard stacking is a great combo. I am using Safety Goggles so you don't lose momentum against Amoonguss and Tangrowth. Clangorous Soul Kommo-o is a dangerous sweeper and I valued its ability Bulletproof to help with Aegislash and Chandelure. Thundurus provides a bit of Speed control to this team, which for the most part is quite slow though you have two forms of priority. The reason for using Thundy > Thundy T is because Keldeo is extremely obnoxious. I originally had a Diggersby in this last slot but Estarossa suggested Bulu because it is the only thing that is compressing Keldeo and Zeraora counterplay into one slot. Bulu has really weird 4MSS but this is the coverage I prefer on it (Zen for Amoong + Kommo-o and Edge for Mence + Rotom-H + Chandy) though there is a lot of merit to going Close Combat + Darkest Lariat with Aegislash being in the tier. Enjoy '-'

ElspethOfValeron Welcome to the UU tier!

<Click the Sprites for the Importable>
Mimikyu is a little awkward to use right now especially in the middle of an Aegislash suspect, which does a similar job and for the most part does it better. Regardless I've kept it and went for a Spikes HO team, which supports it well enough. Mew is your lead in most matchups who is solely here to set up hazards for your breakers. I went for Flare Blitz in the last slot because removing Scizor is beneficial for a few of these partners. Bisharp because Defiant + hazard stacking is a great combo. I am using Safety Goggles so you don't lose momentum against Amoonguss and Tangrowth. Clangorous Soul Kommo-o is a dangerous sweeper and I valued its ability Bulletproof to help with Aegislash and Chandelure. Thundurus provides a bit of Speed control to this team, which for the most part is quite slow though you have two forms of priority. The reason for using Thundy > Thundy T is because Keldeo is extremely obnoxious. I originally had a Diggersby in this last slot but Estarossa suggested Bulu because it is the only thing that is compressing Keldeo and Zeraora counterplay into one slot. Bulu has really weird 4MSS but this is the coverage I prefer on it (Zen for Amoong + Kommo-o and Edge for Mence + Rotom-H + Chandy) though there is a lot of merit to going Close Combat + Darkest Lariat with Aegislash being in the tier. Enjoy '-'
This is fantastic. Thank you so much!

Hello! May I request a team built around defensive venusaur? Preferably balance as I want to try it as a niche option to amoonguss and that's really it.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hello! May I request a team built around defensive venusaur? Preferably balance as I want to try it as a niche option to amoonguss and that's really it.
Yeah sounds cool but why would you use it over amoonguss in the first place anyway? (Other than the fact that unlike Venusaur, amoonguss is HIDEOUS)

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey StarFalcon555 sorry for the wait, your conk team is ready!

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Mystical Fire

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
Bulk Up Conkeldurr can be scary after it gets going but with a Flame Orb set it often will not get those opportunities to boost as you'd rather just attack, so a more defensive spread is used here. Sylveon is able to provide Wish support and gives Conkeldurr additional staying power should it need to pivot into Pokemon like Amoonguss. Choice Scarf Stealth Rock Krookodile is able to provide useful compression as an Electric-immunity and Alakazam check. Salamence serves as hazard removal and a sorely needed Scizor answer. Aegislash is able to pressure bulkier teams with its mixed coverage and can often force a trade against offense. It is another Alakazam check as well. Amoonguss makes for a reliable pivot glue between Regenerator and its typing. Enjoy!

Helo I would like to make a request a team around the coolest mon ever
:chandelure:
Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hex
- Toxic
- Protect / Taunt
Ive made teams with this mon before but I want to see what more experienced builders can do with it :), thank you in advance.

Hey StarFalcon555 sorry for the wait, your conk team is ready!

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Mystical Fire

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
Bulk Up Conkeldurr can be scary after it gets going but with a Flame Orb set it often will not get those opportunities to boost as you'd rather just attack, so a more defensive spread is used here. Sylveon is able to provide Wish support and gives Conkeldurr additional staying power should it need to pivot into Pokemon like Amoonguss. Choice Scarf Stealth Rock Krookodile is able to provide useful compression as an Electric-immunity and Alakazam check. Salamence serves as hazard removal and a sorely needed Scizor answer. Aegislash is able to pressure bulkier teams with its mixed coverage and can often force a trade against offense. It is another Alakazam check as well. Amoonguss makes for a reliable pivot glue between Regenerator and its typing. Enjoy!
Thanks so much, this is a really banging team, Sylveon is a genius pick here and gives me big nostalgia for the IoA days :3

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Roost

Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hex
- Toxic
- Protect

I have recently liked chandy + kyurem, and because im not the best builder in the tier. Yeah...., I chose sub kyurem because I have been meaning to try it lately since it destroys bulky walls such as slowking, tangrowth, amoongus, etc. Chandy abuses steels, and bulky psychics that counter kyurem by slapping them with the "You are now a heatran so die", hex allows it to pressure mons such as kommo-o alongside toxic so it is not stone walled. So yeah, thats why i chose these 2 mons, they abuse the fact that some teams are not prepared towards it so it can destroy teams

Hello again guys, can I have a team based around Nihilego? It seems like a super cool mon but I have no idea how to use it. I would prefer the offensive utility Black Sludge set, but Power Herb Meteor Beam is also acceptable. Thanks :3

Hi, returning player here. Could I have a team based around Dragon Dance Salamence? Most of the sample teams I see have him as a special attacker. (Christ, I remember when he was Ubers...)

:kommo-o: Scale Shot + Swords Dance
Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Scale Shot
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Kommo-o is one of my favorite pokémon in the tier, thanks to its versatility. Looking at the sets, I realized that I never faced a Swords Dance + Scale Shot Kommo-o. I want a Bulky Ofense team, if possible with a Fairy + Dragon + Steel Core. Thanks

I'm just going to make this post simply due to the number of requests we've been getting within the last week. Shifts are happening tomorrow so do not expect these to be fulfilled for another week or two. We'll need time to adapt to the shifts ourselves, which are expected to be pretty impactful. As long as you're willing to be patient we'll eventually get to these once the tier has settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)