Other Unofficial Metagames Premier League - Semifinals

Jett

gn gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
umpl.pngDiscord | UMPL sheet

Amazing Art by Pujo
Tournament hosted by Apagogie, cromagnet, and Jett
Commencement | Administrative Decisions
Welcome to the first edition of Unofficial Metagames Premier League (UMPL)! This is an all-out team tournament among players from 1v1, Anything Goes, ZU, and NFE, who will compete in a 5-week round robin. The top 3 teams will then move on to playoffs, where the winning team will be crowned UMPL champions!

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for 1v1 slots, which are best of five.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules.

:ss/grookey:
vs.png
:ss/sawk:
(5) The Gliding Grookey vs. We Sawk! (3)
SS 1v1: Close vs eblurb
SS 1v1: Itchyy vs Mubs

SS AG: Fardin vs Geysers
SS AG: PinkDragonTamer vs Rotten
SS NFE: Monsareeasy vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SS NFE: frisoeva vs Rav3ndan
SS ZU: TJ vs daniYSB
SS ZU: EviGaro vs Feliburn

Deadline is May 30 at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Last edited:
SS NFE: Monsareeasy vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
s1nn0h is like top of the top nfe players rn arctic has been doing well with his current record but he has had an easier run so far compared to s1nn0h. s1nn0h also has been playing better in my eyes and brings better teams. 30-70
SS NFE: frisoeva vs Rav3ndan
friso has not been doing super well whilst rav has shown to be super solid overall and his losses have mainly been him being unlucky. Ive also liked rav's teams more they have shown to be very consistent, but on the other hand friso can always win games so it would be closer than im making it seem. 45-55

NFE Predicts!! Still has to chance to stay tie but not positive sadly (13-17). Unless if there will be tiebreakers...

SS NFE: Monsareeasy vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d (45:55)
Ho3n had a harder run over Arctic, and Arctic got a little lucky against Leo and Velvet. But it's very close otherwise. Arctic has been playing very well with lacking any bad plays, and 85percents support rivals Ho3n's teambuilding. I'll still give it to Ho3n with the run he has and I think he has played slightly better than Arctic. Can't imagine how the match will look, but I know it will be an exciting one. Best wishes to both players!

SS NFE: Frisoeva vs Rav3ndan (45:55)
Rav3 has built better teams and his performance has been solid with some unlucky losses while Friso has been losing to almost everyone. But Frisoeva has constantly shown to make the matches very close to the end. Pretty much why I think it's a close matchup. Go Rav3ndan, but I also want Friso to do his best for his team!

Good luck to both teams trying to get in the finals, I want to see some high-quality matches and maybe some trash talk. :blobuwu:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)