Entering this cup earns you points in qualifying for the SM OU Championship, and winning it qualifies you to play in the RoA Forum Championship 2020.
Winning this tournament will allow you to display
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
- Standard SM OU.
- Best of three, single elimination.
- Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
- Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
- Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more information.
- Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's SM OU Ban List. If the tiers change in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.
- Baton Pass Clause: Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass. Furthermore, a Pokémon cannot have Baton Pass while also having a move or ability that boosts Speed and a move or ability that boosts another stat.
- Swagger Clause: Players cannot use the move Swagger.
umbreon098 ‹2-U› Pohjis
Rubyblood ‹0-2› Aurella
Decem ‹U-2› beatiful
The deadline for extended matches from Round 4 is Thursday, April 16th at 11:59 PM EST.
Pairings were generated at: https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/2335/.
Round deadline is Sunday, April 19th at 11:59 PM EST.