Resource UPL VI Dump

I've been asked a few questions as to where the best place is for UPL innovations to be posted on the forum and I found myself with a different answer depending on if it was a team, dump of teams, specific set, or old gens related. This thread aims to be the collective zone for UPL 6's thoughts and innovation discussions, a place where if you took part in UPL, wanna post your thoughts, and wonder where it should go, default to here. Posting in the Old Gens Hub referencing a post from here is also a good idea if it is old gens related as that is the place to go to discuss changes to the resources. I'm aware some stuff has made it to other threads, so feel free to crosspost between them. UPL is almost over so this is the ideal time to have this up. Note: this is not the metagame "np" thread I have mentioned will be coming soon (after UPL ends), so save the USM arguments for then.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Gonna make a quick post to lay down some ideas that myself and some other Drizzlers messed around with during this UPL, more specifically in ORAS:

Sarah (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Misty Terrain

Although not crazy innovative, this set was something we fooled around with in tests a lot (Cynara and Nayrz mentioned this set a few times during prep) and what I almost brought vs Evuelf in my UPL game this season. I really like the support it provides with the status immunity for itself but most importantly for it's teammates. Offensive threats like Mence or SD Arc really appreciate this utility, especially in a tier that is so status-heavy like ORAS. It also allows Xerneas to beat Pokemon that would otherwise require status to deal with it, such as Klefki or Groudon, albeit slightly less effectively than Restalk sets would.

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Headbutt
- Crunch​

Been rolling with this for the past few months (even before UPL). Sure it's kinda cheesy and whatnot, but it actually puts in a lot of work, with the immense flinch chance and the not too low damage output.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Knock Off / Scald
- Toxic​

Something that might seem like a joke at first, but I've been extensively testing this set after Hack dropped it to me during the first few weeks (all credit goes to him for the idea btw) and I really think it's good. Checks a bunch of physical attackers while still providing the general utility that a defensive water-type would in the tier. The Wish support is invaluable for more balanced/fatter teams and it's just a nuisance in general, being able to sit on most of the physical threats and either beat them 1v1 or serve as a pivot into other Pokemon.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Recover​

Obviously nothing new at all, but I just wanted to point out how amazing this Pokemon is and how more people should be using it in ORAS. I got even more into using it during UPL tests and rekindled my old love for it with this tournament. It is super useful in most matchups and is super deadly both offensively and defensively, especially with more and more people moving away from Focus Blast Xerneas and towards Recover Arceus-Normal. Give it a go bros.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Body Slam​

Even though I'm still undecided as to if this is worth running, I've also been experimenting a lot with Jirachi teams, especially when paired up with other defensive pieces such as Arceus-Water. Wish and Protect provide that support utility which is huge in more drawn out games while Body Slam and Iron Head allow you to mow down Pokemon in 1v1 scenarios while also spreading paralysis to switch-ins.

══════════════​

Hopefully some of my teammates can add some sets/teams to this thread, since they really grinded all UPL long and made some amazing things. I never posted any shoutouts because we didn't make playoffs but I had a really great time with all of you and definitely learned a lot from teaming up with you guys

Last edited:
I didn't end up playing dpp during upl but I build some stuff beforehand and refined it a bit in tests.

Deoxys-Speed @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Extreme Speed

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Pulse

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Roar
- Surf

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Palkia @ Custap Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick

imo this is the best deo-s set, especially if you want to avoid tspikes. I went with more of a fat core of kyogre to set rain and wear stuff down with roar and bronzong for latios, so i opted for gira-a instead of o as my spinblocker. will o wisp and cm rest is great againt fat teams and can still sometimes set up on choiced users vs offense if it doesnt get crit.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 160-190 (31.7 - 37.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 290-344 (57.5 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
lum on kabutops is nice over splash plate as it still bluffs choice but also can come in on a tspike or come in on darkrai. palkia is glue mainly to get hits off on other dragons. I replaced haban with custap cause haban dies to latios and custap can cheese it.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback
- Toxic Spikes

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest

Darkrai @ Lum Berry
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Protect
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder

pretty standard stuff here. Heatran is nice you can wisp/magma on the switch + tect + rocks to wear down kyogre super fast and you can chunk or burn their groudon or dialga extremely hard on predicted rocks. With sun up and protect heatran can get some surprise OHKOs on stuff without investing in spA.
0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mewtwo in Sun: 294-346 (83.2 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage
0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Darkrai in Sun: 262-310 (93.2 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after trapping damage
rest cm pulse wisp tina o is also pretty nice

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Payback
- Ice Shard

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- U-turn
- Protect

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Latios @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Shaymin-Sky @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 16 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Healing Wish
- Earth Power

could probably throw sleep talk on shaymin or kyogre. manaphy is cool on tspikes bc if you're slow you can just beat palkia/kyogre/other special attackers just by spamming rest and waiting for poison to kill them. the team might be a little bit gira-o weak but you can usually overwhelm most teams with wish + uturn into either kyogre or latios and healing wish is always there if needed.

SiTuM

destined for greatness
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I only played once and I lost because my bad experience in the tier but I wanted to post a cool set which I worked with MM2:

Groudon @ Salac Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 148 Atk / 248 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

The EVs are done so you always live a latios ice beam at full and can click sd. I used rock slide because my opponent used ho-oh a lot, and it can work as a great lure too because people often assume its hp ghost when they see sub without lefties so it can easily punish risky switches. It's obviously not something new but it really worked well in most battles i've made so i wanted to post it n_n

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

I played this too, it can creep non sub ogre and quaza but I don't think that's much of an innovation too sadly o.o

Last edited:

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
adv dump

Blissey @ Leftovers
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Latios @ Soul Dew
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Kyogre @ Leftovers
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave

rly cool spreads but im not getting any respect

i built most of kushalos' teams in adv this upl; here's what he used, plus two spicy brews i liked a lot. also, if you're not using spikes in adv ubers, you better have a damn good reason for it.

week 1 vs 4gb: ludicolo pressure stall

Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Recover

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 72 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Whirlwind
- Recover

i wanted to build a stall team that didn't rely on a cm lati to beat kyogre and this is what i came up with. it has a lot of redundancy between team members, making it very resilient to HOs that want to tear holes by overloading on sweepers or booming. EQ forre on rain is excellent at winning the hazard game against steels and it's essential to keep it alive in many matchups; this means no risking it in sun vs potential mag / fire punch deo / firelax / etc and playing in a manner to avoid those conditions. vs stall, a neutral hazard game state will generally favor this team, since stallbreaker deo-d, roarcm ogre, and double pressure mons are all strong against fat teams.

week 2 vs minority: support skarm HO

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Deoxys-Attack @ Spell Tag
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Rock Slide

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 96 Atk / 84 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Self-Destruct
- Curse
- Protect

Groudon @ Salac Berry
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Magneton @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic
- Protect

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpA
Bold Nature
- Pursuit
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

i felt subsalac groudon was a strong choice vs minority, given his affinity for grounded steels, mono-lati, and soft ground checks. as support, i added skarm / mag for spikes control and skarm trapping, cursetect lax for defensive pivoting and hole-punching, and tag deo-a and latias as offensive catch-all mons.

week 3 vs chill shadow: stallbreaker mm2 balance

Latios @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Protect

Magneton @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic
- Protect

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpA
Bold Nature
- Pursuit
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Recover

when i scouted chill shadow, he mainly used weather HO and very bulky blissey stalls. this mewtwo set is a good choice against both, as it provides a check to opposing mewtwo (they can't boom vs blissey) and a solid wincon that can't be touched by 4-5 mons on most stall teams. the rest of the team provides defensive support against ho-oh, kyogre, lax, and steels, which are the main roadblocks to a mewtwo sweep. again, skarm + mag provides a strong way to win the hazard game. protect kyogre was a neat innovation to be a bit stronger against boom breakers and provide a sturdier physical check in case skarm gets trapped.

week 4 vs wreckdra: dual lati spikestack

Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Recover

Latios @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Recover

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Refresh
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 84 Def / 100 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Magneton @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
- Metal Sound

Snorlax @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Amnesia
- Rest

dual latis is a concept i've tried to make work in previous seasons, but never felt was all that great; they need spikes to be effective (i could never fit it on a team with them), struggle to break mons that check their respective sets (leads to momentum loss), and require a strong gameplan against deo-a. i solved the first problem by using mag yet again; it allows deo-d to run spikes and drop fire punch, which makes it much more solid against latis and lax. i solved the second problem by using roar latios, which allows to to rack up chip damage against would-be hard counters (blissey / lax) in conjunction with consistent hazards from deo-d. 3 fighting resists, 2 ghost resists, and a pursuit trapper makes this team quite solid against deo-a, limiting cb to a single kill in most early to midgame scenarios and forcing momentum-losing plays in the lategame. metal sound / twave mag ensures opposing latis will struggle to muscle through lax and provides another out vs lastmon curselax.

finals vs melle: qwilfish ho

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave

Qwilfish @ Poison Barb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Self-Destruct
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump

Deoxys-Attack @ Petaya Berry
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Substitute

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Explosion
- Roar

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Self-Destruct
- Curse
- Protect

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

going into this game, kush wanted to use offense of some sort. additionally, i expected mag and no skarm from melle, since kush had used steel spikers or mag every week. i chose qwilfish as a spiker because it's extremely good at getting a layer or two down and then trading with boom against any passive mon (cb is bad, dont use it). additionally, a fast catch-all revenge killer in fish opened up subpetaya deo-a as a breaker and cleaner, which looked very effective against melle's rachi / meta-less cores (fish / lax force enough damage onto forre anyway). the rest of the team is fairly standard, providing defensive synergy, more boom breakers, and ways to take advantage of deo-a breaking early game. lefties steelix was chosen because of melle's love for amnesia lax, but it's a good gluemon that can pivot into boltbeamers / physical attackers / passive mons and regain momentum / break with boom.

unused brew: thief ho

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Omastar
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thief
- Spikes

Deoxys-Attack @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Shadow Ball
- Extreme Speed
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Self-Destruct
- Curse
- Protect

Gengar
EVs: 44 HP / 200 Atk / 120 SpA / 144 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Punch
- Explosion
- Thief

items are integral to adv ubers as a tier; latis, bulky primals, and bulky normals all need their items to perform their roles properly. this team seeks to exploit that importance by using two thief users that stereotypically invite those 3 types of mons in. stealing a soul dew opens the door for the waters and gar on this team. stealing lefties from primals / normals opens the door for one of the many special sweepers on this team. spikes + gar have great synergy and punishes forre teams hard. deo-a is a general offensive catch-all for any runaway threat and can be leveraged as an offensive breaker with smart doubles.

unused brew: deo-s ho

Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Recover
- Spikes

Latios @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Recover

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 84 Def / 100 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 60 HP / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Kyogre @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Snorlax @ Choice Band
EVs: 244 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Self-Destruct

fast hazards + consistent ways to rack up chip damage can easily open holes lategame for mewtwo and subsalac kyogre to sweep. this team really abuses fat builds, especially those that rely on blissey and phazers to keep setup sweepers in check. metagross + lax is a solid defensive core that provides strong offensive presence with powerful physical attacks + boom to complement the special sweepers. roar latios makes another appearance here and abuses spikes to the fullest, easily pushing blissey into ogre range and racking up chip damage.

other neat concepts: umbreon, wobb, tail glow bp volbeat
shoutouts durians for a great season
shoutouts Pohjis, obii, and Gunner Rohan for dragging me back
shoutouts Kushalos for playing this tier exceptionally well, especially with minimal prior experience

and finally, shoutouts Poek for being the biggest (BAN ME PLEASE) in the community

Last edited:
I'll leave the more team-thought of sets for other drizzlers to post but here's a couple of usm things i feel are neat:

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Life Orb
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Photon Geyser

prior to upl i always felt that dusk's offensive sets lacked much thought and folks simply went with dual dance solganium a lot, prioritizing it over other z users. this set is more of a variation to the utility sd set than a dd replacement but i do believe dd can run life orb if needed. with zygarde and luna in the spotlight this set allows you to run an extremely strong dusk that targets their checks like support arcs or ho-oh or kyogre and maintain longevity in fatter matchups while leaving z open for another mon. i don't think anyone would expect this to happen to their check till now:

252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Arceus-Water: 218-257 (49 - 57.8%)
252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Photon Geyser vs. 32 HP / 64 Def Kyogre-Primal: 274-324 (78.5 - 92.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 218-257 (52.4 - 61.7%)

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Spikes

I'd think of this set somewhat like greninja in ou - force something out and set hazards instead to better support the team overall. combines really well with geoxern and its nice to have additional hazards with offense these days. hasty is optional, i just wanted extra dd zygarde safety on the team this is used on.

oras:

peace

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ADV:

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roar
- Protect / Explosion

Defensive Steelix set meant for use on rain teams. Tanks bulky Curselax, physical CBers, and solidly answers CM Jirachi. Works best with a Spiker such as Omastar or Deo-D to rack up damage with Roar. Electric immunity gives it some advantages over Skarmory, letting it beat Jirachi and making it resistant to trapping by Magneton. EVs make CM Jirachi's +1 Ice Punch a 4HKO and CB Lax EQ a 3HKO with Leftovers.

Protect is used as the 4th move to stall for Leftovers recovery and scout CBers, but Explosion can be used instead to give it more of an offensive presence.

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Snatch
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Not new but pretty useful if you're having mono Lati problems - Snatch ensures they won't get anywhere.

USM:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 144 HP / 156 Atk / 56 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

Updated EV Spread for SR + SD I made with Cynara. Outspeeds Adamant Necrozma-DM and kills it with PBlades, tanks MMence +1 DEdge and +2 Xern Focus Blast after SR.

A lot of our other ideas as a team made it to this thread too (check Cynara's and Serial's recent posts).

Last edited:
USM

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Eruption
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb

This is something that really messes up the conventional fat balances/stalls. The idea is to break mid/early game and punch irreparable holes because obviously this thing has longevity issues. Considered using it in many games this upl(didn't end up using it which i regret considering how many teams this would've torn apart) here's a replay of me using it in ssnl https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-744244581

ADV

Latios @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Recover
- Refresh

rere Latios lead is actually pretty cool rn(pretty sure i made wreckdrag00n a fan of it by now) and super good vs many teams dependent on getting off the twave vs lati to neuter it. Best used as a lead, wouldn't use this over cm unless leading. Modest for power but timid makes sense too

USM:
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

CM Groundceus is a pretty strong mon vs a lot of common builds in the meta, especially those revolving around Zygarde, Mgar, or Dusk Mane. I brought it vs Terracotta in Week 5 due to its good matchup vs most DD Zygarde builds, and due to an unfortunate misclick, it ended up getting the perfect mu and swept. Many teams just fold against it as it sets up and sweeps with its coverage and bulk, and often checks to special Groundceus dont account for the amount of damage that a +1 252 EV Groundy can do. The Special Attack investment here (credits to HunterStorm who suggested it) gives it higher damage at the cost of bulk, letting it get crucial rolls vs PDon, DM, Zyg, Goth and Support Arcs (2HKOing supportceus from full at +1 is pretty cool, especially since many teams are going to try and Toxic Groundy with their support arc as their initial counterplay). This power comes at the cost of not being able to switch into threats as well, meaning it prefers to come in on a double/free switch/pivot or lead, and then scare something out to set up CM. This set still struggles a lot with Ho-Oh so I ran it with SD + SR Pdon, which deals pretty well with many Ho-Oh builds, or at least forces rocks up to make Ho-Oh more manageable. Kyogre is a threat, but gets chunked every time it comes in on Judgment and often gets chipped doing something else, so it can be dealt with a lot easier. Blissey and Celesteela also wall this set, but the former cant punish many switchins allowing u to reset, while the latter is pretty rare now.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Filler move of choice
- Misty Terrain

I was almost going to bring this vs Terracotta due to his tendency to use status to check Calm Mind Groundceus or limit it from setting up in many of his builds. The idea was to use Misty Terrain as the defensive Steel or Poison comes in, then get a free switch to CM Groundy to set up on that Steel or Poison without any fear of status for a few turns, from either its setup bait or the initial check like Toxic Waterceus.
Scarf Xerneas in general is one of my favourite mons in USM right now, and often finds its way onto my teams due to how it checks and revenge kills lots of important threats, the amount of useful utility/coverage options it can tech into, and its ability to clean teams without Ho-Oh or defensive Steels/Poisons (all of which can be easily exploited by the right teammates).

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

This set is completely standard, however id just like to point out how it works really well with the aforementioned Scarf Xerneas, as well as Primal Kyogre. DM is one of the most common Scarf Xern switchins, but its just a free opportunity for Skarm to come in and shit spikes everywhere, which is great for wearing down Pdon and most steels for Scarf Xern clean with Moonblast spam later on. Other mons like DD Zyg also really benefit from Spikes support. Skarm also has great synergy with Ogre, which can come in on Fire moves easily, while Skarm discourages Ground moves, forcing Pdon into mindgames, and often allowing Ogre in vs it with a weather advantage. I feel like Skarmory isnt really actively considered now when building, and is normally covered by virtue of Overheat Don or strong special breakers usually making it onto teams, and when I brought it in Week 4 vs Mysterious M, when neither were present, there wasn't really anything on his team that could deal with it.

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

This set isnt anything new either, but I really like its ability to check DD Zyg (and Mence/Ray) while being safe vs nasty Goth shenanigans in a meta where DD Zyg dominates (if Zyg getting a 65% wr over 48 games isn't enough to send it to S then idk what will) and most of DD Zyg's checks get gothed. I brought it Week 3, where it didnt do anything cause it got blown up by Fightium Z lunala as soon as it came in (really cool tech from Leru btw). Stealth Rock on Arc is also something thats been around for a while, and while Darkceus can make use of Defog nicely with its ability to threaten trappers, on more offensive teams SR Arcs can free up Pdon/DM for more sweeping-oriented sets, especially as Defog duties are shifting away from Arcs to more offensive Defoggers like Xern and Mence. But on my team I just ran SR cause nothing else could, which seems to be a common thing on Mgar stall

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Coil/Haze
- Thousand Arrows / Glare
- Dragon Tail / Glare

Defensive Zygarde-C isn't as effective as a blanket check to phys attackers without Coil or Haze right now, in my opinion, due to various sets that beat it (every SD arc carrying sub to troll it mostly). Coil or Haze lets Zyg check SubSD Arc without fear of getting set up on and then swept. Coil gives defensive teams a wincon, and lets Zyg actually break subs and pose a threat to Arc instead of just reactively unboosting it as it did in Week 3, but Haze has its merits: not getting trolled by Sub BU Marsh is one, being able to neuter DD Zyg boosts behind sub before you get DTailed out is another.

Ho-Oh @ Firium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic
- Sacred Fire

I think most people are already used to Defog being standard on the Defensive set, but in case anyone doesnt know, here it is. Ho-Oh defogs on lots of common SR setters like Overheat+Tox Pdon, Sdef DM, SR Fairyceus. It doesnt die due to its absurd fatness, typing and 50 forms of recovery. By keeping rocks off (with support from a teammate that can cover SR users that beat it), it further ensures it doesnt die, walling most of the metagame by itself and spewing status everywhere while it regens any damage it takes.
The not completely standard part is Firium Z, which would break through Goth with a bit of attack investment (I think I was planning around 64 adamant so that Inferno Overdrive into -2 Sacred Fire would KO, based off what I calced to be his Goth EVs). I was seriously considering bringing it vs Leru due to him bringing Goth in a previous week. In the end I kinda just hoped he wouldnt bring Goth again and it worked out nicely (tho in retrospect Firium Z probably would have been better since Leftovers got knocked off anyway).

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Gen 3:

EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 32 SpD / 220 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Recover
- Taunt
- Knock Off / Toxic

This is something I have been using for about a year now on various teams with a wide range success. It started as a solution for reliable Spikes for teams utilizing slower physical attackers in a Magneton infested meta, but I added the Speed in response to the popularity of fatter teams that had interesting holes in them. It is one of the few Pokemon that is complimented extremely well by Gengar and I highly suggest you find a way to get on on its team. As people begin to re-discover just how good Explosion/Self-Destruct, Mewtwo, and strong attacks in general are, this set will get weaker. Certain triple CB, Heracross, and Celebi SD Pass teams have really put the my teams with this mon in their place just because of how much damage or how much boost they inflict or pass in a very smaller amount of turns. For now, it will prey on passive teams while they are relatively popular.

Gen 4:

Burke (Kyogre) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Winston (Tyranitar) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Jordan (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 236 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Taunt
- Whirlwind

Flying-type (Dialga) @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 56 SpA / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Roar

Katherine (Latias) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Carl (Mewtwo) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Light Screen
- Taunt

The original plan for week 4 was to let me have a go at starting in the gen 4 slot, but with abs in excellent form, having a 3-0 record, and coming off a very good game with iris, we agreed to have him play out the remainder of our season. The team above is what I would have brought week 4 if I did start.
The team is very simple yet flexible with every member contributing to many overarching strategies with the exception of Tyranitar who is far more specialized. Breaking down teams for Tyranitar while limiting the amount Thunders your opponent uses is the way the team gets its best results in many cases. Playing to make Mewtwo as un-KOable as possible along with possible Skarmory + Latias endgames allow the player some relief from bad Tyranitar match ups. Light Screen Stalltwo is what gives the team most of its flexibility given that it already beats an absurd portion of the metagame and forces a silly amount of switches in on potential Spikes. Everything can benefit from Mewtwo's Light Screen and it has gotten me out of several binds by giving one of my slower Pokemon on the team a chance it otherwise wouldn't have to attack, use Whirlwind in Skarmory's case, or use Dragon Dance with Tyranitar.
From what I have experienced with this so far, bad match-ups include Choice Scarf Kyogre (this is REALLY bad), teams that are jam packed with Thunder users, and some extremely aggressive Garchomp teams that use Life Orb Mewtwo.

It's a fun team and I plan to keep using it. I'm a little sad that I never got to use it for an actual tournament game, but it had many neat games against the other Mukkers so I can't complain too much.

Last edited:

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Throat Chop
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick / Double Kick

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 Atk / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Tomb

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 152 Def / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Thunder

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform

Its the only HO I built by myself during UPL, and probably the best on my HO creations, since it features a threat on this Metagame and it is Ditto, who cover all set up weakness of this team, also does good vs Stall too, Pheromosa with Double Kick prevents Webs Team from sweeping while High Jump Kick destroys BO, Throat Chop as Lunala and Gengar M Lure, I have replays of it in action and this will be my future RMT where I will explain all the uses and How to play it, it autowins vs stall and HO, hf using it, here a funny replay where everyone laughed when they saw phero...
vs Pohjis, Seasonal R2 G2

Credits:
CKW for help me building this jewel and suggest Double Kick set
hyw for help me test vs Stall and teach me how to slay it very easy.

Fun logs:
+Garay oak: looks ass
+blunderr++!: ..
+blunderr++!: What the fuck
+PurpleGatorade ❤: throat chop
+PurpleGatorade ❤: what

Turn 22
+Garay oak: how do u even beat
Pohjis has 255 seconds left.
Xerneas used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The opposing Magearna lost 24% of its health!
The opposing Magearna fainted!
EG Based Jhonx won the battle!

Last edited:

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
literally all my half-decent to good bw ubers teams

psa: i struggle to nickname my pokemon. therefore 95% of my nicknames come from music i like. even then, though, many users believe i choose the wrong song names for my pokemon. if you are one of them, i apologize wholeheartedly.
------

bw ubers is a tier very dear to my heart. i’ve played it longer than anything else, and i honestly believe my knowledge of other tiers will never surpass my knowledge of it. if i wasn’t so bad at actually playing the tier nowadays, i could probably do great at it. oh well.

anyway, i’m posting this for a few reasons. many believe the tier has stagnated. i wanted to see way more cool ideas this upl, but about the most interesting thing was kebabe’s probopass. that’s unfortunate. i’m not here to call people out, but most people used either boring or headass shit and that upset me. i don’t blame people for running out of ideas in a tier that hasn’t been current for about half a decade, but i want to demonstrate that there’s still stuff people haven’t fully explored. i want these teams to inspire people to teambuild in interesting new directions.

considering that, i did nothing to hide my ev spreads. if i crept something, you see how much i crept it. if i made a weird spread and haven’t explained it elsewhere, i post it here and give an educated guess as to what it does. if i use a weird moveset on a common pokemon, i attempt to rationalize it with minimal floundering.

if you want to use most of these in their current form, don’t. i don’t really want people to use these as they are. i want people to question them, look at ways to fix them, and take their concepts and build new teams with them. some of this stuff will probably seem very innovative. some will feel incredibly mundane. i believe some of these teams have no room for improvement, but i think a lot also do. i leave that task of improvement up to the community; i have done what i can to these myself.

considering all that, here we go: 26 bw ubers teams from me.

exploring (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

must land running (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- U-turn

jungles (Arceus-Grass) @ Meadow Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Recover
- Magic Coat

pick and choose (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Double Kick
- Sleep Talk

to ribbons (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Protect

warrior (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder
one of my favorites, but it never saw much tour use. i wanted to build a heatran balance for the modern meta, but surf latios invalidates teams where heatran is the only steel. i therefore use jirachi. this team’s success hinges on its expansive landorus-t/heatran/jirachi/arceus-grass defensive core, which honestly walls almost everything. once you chip the opponent’s team enough, you should win with specs kyogre, which everyone forgets they need to prepare for. scarf terrakion also takes lives more often than not. you can run more speed on heatran; i use max bulk because i don’t think the speed really does anything nowadays, but it probably wouldn’t hurt to have some there either. you could run toxic or u-turn on jirachi if you wanted, but i consider thunder most consistent. toxic lures things like groudon but then you can’t hit things like skarmory and tentacruel. u-turn gets insane mometum and functions marvelously with specs kyogre, but you lose consistency vs cm ghostceus and cm latios. of all pokemon, sub eq giratina-o and darkrai most threaten this team. if giratina-o really freaks you out, run ice beam on grassceus instead of magic coat. if darkrai does, just don’t be dumb with terrakion/kyogre/jirachi and you might do okay. run sdef kyogre if you really want, i guess, but i don’t think it’s necessary.

velázquez (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 80 Def / 160 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

el greco (Latios) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 12 Def / 228 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock

goya (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt

picasso (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 248 Atk / 68 SpD / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Rapid Spin

dali (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Sleep Talk
- Double Kick
- Stone Edge

morales (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Roar
this team revolves around an offensive core: terrakion and excadrill. both bother the other’s checks, working together to break down giratina-o, groudon, support arceus, and gliscor, among other pokemon. the remaining pokemon provide more defensive backbone. skarmory spikes on everything that scares terrakion + excadrill away, latios lures out vulnerable steel types and passive pokemon for my physical attackers, and arceus-water switches into at least half the tier, functioning as a solid pivot and phaser. excadrill lives latios hp fire after sr, i think. shadow claw>iron head because iron head actually has no targets besides arceus-grass; it flinches sometimes, which seems neat, but hitting giratina-o and latis for more damage matters more in my opinion. i previously used ghostceus>arceus-water here, which sounds all well and good except darkrai and giratina-o bother the team way too much. i consider darkrai this team’s biggest weakness, but other stuff like scarf kyogre can get dicey.

the illest villains (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

eye (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 168 Atk / 248 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Magic Coat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak

strange ways (Excadrill) @ Mold Breaker
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 236 Atk / 68 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

hardcore hustle (Latios) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 240 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock

do not fire! (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off
- Spikes

great day (Arceus-Fighting) @ Fist Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Recover
the first of many scarf excadrill teams. i consider sand bw’s most unexplored playstyle, and excadrill bw’s most unexplored scarfer. why scarf excadrill when it gets sand rush anyway? because tyranitar will not always have sand. because mold breaker lets excadrill earthquake just about everything with impunity. also because it can absorb sleep this way (though darkrai still fucks it up if it clicks focus blast on the switch-in). excadrill wins this team’s games and everything else supports it. okay, maybe “wins” is the wrong word. this team doesn’t actually win that often. balance doesn’t work so well in bw ubers nowadays, and this team definitely plays like balance. maybe someone can fix it?

articulate silences (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost
- Dragon Tail

hiberner toujours (Giratina) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

apreludes (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

dungtitled (Arceus-Grass) @ Meadow Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

even (out) (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

the mouthchew (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Thunder
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Wish
apparently soviet already made this, but my sets probably do better than his. yeah, i’m gonna @ you like that, dude. i don’t consider this team very original, in any case; rainstall like this existed in bw since i started playing and probably even before that. everyone thinks lugia is bad, but i think people just don’t use it correctly. if you give it dragon tail and sub and pair it with 10 million hazards and an unbreakable spinblocker, it actually ruins most teams. the opponent can’t spin because you have giratina. they can’t taunt it because you just phase them, and conventional taunt mons (gliscor, heatran, deoxys-s) can’t break your sub. they can’t phase you because you phase faster than everything except roar latis or the mythical roar supportceus. if you nab a sub and roost vs offense, you do tremendously well.

i think people also underestimate forretress nowadays. it spins far more consistently than tentacruel and also tends to inflict far more damage. pain split and toxic easily wear out support ghostceus, making this incredibly clutch vs rainstalls using that. it also checks ekiller and latias, among other dudes. when pain split doesn’t work rachi can always wish it anyway. if you worry about fire punch deos (you probably shouldn’t; it doesn’t exist too much nowadays and kyogre probably leads best vs it regardless of what you do), run sr on jirachi over protect and magic coat on grassceus. or you could just lead grassceus and bluff magic coat. yeah, maybe just do that.

the ruins (Groudon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Stone Edge

hiding (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 176 Atk / 248 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Magic Coat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak

dreamhours (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Roost

the poignant (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Sleep Talk
- Volt Switch

for the innermost (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

epitome (Probopass) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Earth Power
my take on probopass. zekrom and latios serve as win conditions and everything else supports them. probopass works like a cooler magnezone, solidly checking scary dragons like the latis while also beating steels like heatran, skarmory, ferrothorn, forretress, and defensive dialga. once it gets rid of them, this team’s own scary dragons come in and create mayhem. when they can’t do that, you have the very solid defensive core of sdef groudon and dual status arceus-water to fall back on. a better probopass ev spread probably exists; someone can make and/or post that if they want. this one just creeps other probopass. “what a world we’ve come to, where probopass creeps other probopass” - tape/eeyore/ursinus wombatus/m0nsters 0f men/monsters of men/sufficiently large (BAN ME PLEASE)

FINCHANINTR (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 200 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

FINCIOHATR (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 84 Atk / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Dragon Tail

FINCHTINAR (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 232 Atk / 8 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

FKJCINTAHR (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Roost

FINCHATINRO (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

FINCIHAIHNTR (Forretress) @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Atk / 20 Def
Brave Nature
- Spikes
- Endure
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
here we have the team responsible for my only win this past upl. it operated by paralyzing things with a kyogre that previously had thunder wave and smashing shit with rayquaza and latios. i changed the kyogre set and the team still works for some reason. credit goes to slurmz for the idea for endure, although i made the evs and chose these moves. i think it lives something involving +2 ekiller. this entire team subtly checks ekiller, from the latios that can’t drop its satk to the semi-physdef kyogre to the dragon tail rayquaza. this rayquaza’s satk evs take out offensive groudon with draco meteor, with the remainder thrown in atk. genesect’s 8 satk always ohkos rayquaza with ice beam, and its 16 sdef always lives latios draco meteor after sr + spikes, if memory serves.

ghiore dos (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Payback
- Fire Blast

di-li-do (Aerodactyl) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost
- Substitute

kaval sviri (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect
- Power Whip

ei mori roujke (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast

bezrodna nevesta (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

izpoved (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat
i really do think aerodactyl is viable. not good, but viable. it works like gliscor, except with higher sdef in sand, a better speed tier, and pressure. that said, you could run gliscor over aerodactyl here if you’re worried about aero’s performance, but that seems way less fun.

besides aerodactyl, nothing about this team deviates too much from bw balance norms. get spikes up and win with scarf palkia or something. threats include thunder darkrai, mewtwo, and lo dialga when it crits tyranitar on your thunder wave. arceus-ghost can easily run sr instead of magic coat if magic sun concerns you that much. if you do that, just run pursuit on ttar or something over sr.

thunder (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

airworks (Latios) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 240 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Magic Coat
- Surf
- Thunder

people (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

the new (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 240 Atk / 64 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Bulldoze
- Rock Slide

light my fire (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Spikes

waves (Kingdra) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Yawn
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
one of my weirder teams. the gameplan involves wearing opposing ferro out with latios + kyogre + spikes and winning with kingdra. to explain the sets; magic coat latios does cool stuff. it antileads deoxys-s phenomenally in a tier where most of them don’t run sash anymore and also surprises dudes like ferro who think they can get a free spike on it. yawn kingdra also abuses spikes pretty nicely; i would recommend running that over the more useless ice beam/outrage/whatever. physdef ferro is the last weird set here. i like it over sdef because it actually checks stuff like ekiller, kabutops, and other sd arceus fairly consistently. just don’t use it to check a cm ghostceus or something.

if you actually want to use this, run scarf terrakion over excadrill and change latios to cm dm. i just wanted to put excadrill here to get more people thinking about it.

parasites (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

barnacles (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 200 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder Wave

cat faces (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 216 Atk / 248 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak

smoke like ribbons (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

pacifico (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Spacial Rend

hotcha girls (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Rapid Spin
furai made a team almost exactly like this when bw ubers was still in spl, but nobody really uses stuff like this nowadays except me and i think more people should. as i mentioned in a previous desc, forry deserves a comeback in this tier. it works especially well with sd arceus-ground, another hugely underrated threat, coming in on groundceus’ troubling checks like giratina-o, latias, and skarmory, either threatening hazard removal or getting its own hazards. i use scarf palkia and sdef kyogre instead of the other way around because i care probably way too much about darkrai. threats to this team include stall and [shudder] shaymin-s. you can run ekiller over groundceus. that doesn’t really fix any problems, but it doesn’t open others up, either.

listening wind (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 200 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

once in a lifetime (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Beam

the heat goes on (Latias) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Reflect Type
- Recover

the overload (Omastar) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off

the great curve (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

houses in motion (Forretress) @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
my idea of how omastar offense can function. when it hits its hydros, omastar decimates tons of stuff. i don’t consider it the win condition, though; latias ends up taking most of this team’s games. i started using reflect type latias in 2014, but didn’t make teams i liked with it until fairly recently. though somewhat prediction-reliant, it really helps with latias’ passivity, making switch-ins to pokemon like genesect, ferrothorn, and dialga very risky. it also lets latias escape from a tyranitar pursuit at least once. everything else is pretty normal. omastar uses pretty much nothing except hydro pump, but the other moves look cool, hence why i added them. genesect has extreme speed because it has no reason to explode here...espeed does check random things sometimes though.

i consider this my most anti-sun team. if you lose a magic sun mu with this, you actually just suck. sorry.

NIGHT HEROIN (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 204 Atk / 252 Def / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Magic Coat
- Earthquake

A MAN METALLIC (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Roar

KUROI JUKAI (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 144 Atk / 112 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

THERE WILL BE LIES (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

AOKIGAHARA (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder

FIELD OF INK (Ariados) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 176 Atk / 224 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- X-Scissor
- Twineedle
- Shadow Sneak
ariados is a pretty cool guy. eh sets tspikes on pokemon and doesn’t afraid of darkrais. twineedle hits the deoxys-as, and x-scissor + shadow sneak hit the deo-s’s. this team essentially puts a new spin on a defensive core older than dirt: giratina-o + arceus-steel. landorus-t adds some extra insurance vs dudes like groudon and dialga, while palkia greatly bothers the stuff steelceus dislikes. kyogre does kyogre stuff. people talk about primal groudon over-centralizing oras and sm, but kyogre does that with bw. ban kyogre!!!!

BIRD (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

CAT (Mewtwo) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Aura Sphere
- Calm Mind

INSECT (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 4 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Flamethrower
- Explosion

HORSE (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

GROUND (Groudon) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

MUMMY (Accelgor) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 3 SpD
- Bug Buzz
- Yawn
- Spikes
- U-turn
pretty sure dice and donkey made the original version of this team, but i updated it. standard ho in bw ubers takes the form of suicide spikes lead/groudon/arceus-ghost/kyogre check/genesect/strong special attacker; consider this a variant of that. i opt for mewtwo over the more traditional darkrai because i believe it works just as well and people prepare less for it. if played right, really nothing takes it on; more often than not, the opponent can only stall it out for lo recoil and try hard to get something in that can actually handle it. the only set that warrants explanation is ekiller. it looks awful, and it perhaps is, but i consider this variant vital to check arceus-ghost and pick off opposing ekillers here. you can assume that by the time it comes in at least some hazards will be up, as one cannot really spin versus this team. that means the power drop from jolly doesn’t matter too much.

i encourage you to play with the sets if you use this. if the opponent knows genesect lacks ice beam, they will play differently with giratina-o and rayquaza versus it. if they know groudon runs fire punch instead of stone edge, then ho-oh and even lugia act different around it. etc.

TOMORROW (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

TOUCH (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Rapid Spin

AMSTERDAM (Ho-Oh) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Atk / 84 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Sleep Talk

WINTER (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

HUMAN (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Beam

SHALLOWS (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Magic Coat
- Toxic
- Recover
i modified hack’s modification of a team. hack took elements of the desert and switched giratina for latias and ferrothorn for genesect. i didn’t entirely like that, so i changed latias to latios and also altered some sets. oh, i also added cool nicknames.

the only hippowdon team i like, i consider this one of my favorite balances. it has lots of offbeat sets and a strong offensive core in excadrill + ho-oh. i use the excadrill i do because life orb recoil wears it down too fast and because it turns opposing gliscor into a liability. 68 sdef lets it live latios hp fire after sr, although surf still trashes it. ho-oh i think lives 2 4 spa ghostceus judgments after sr, but calc that before blindly switching it in. genesect runs extreme speed to get that last bit of chip on whatever’s otherwise gonna destroy the team. arceus-water runs the set it does so it can stop nearly any hazard setter from doing anything ever. it also stalls out probably half the tier with just toxic and recover.

APRIL (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

LUNA (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- U-turn

TAYLOR (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost

KAYLA (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

CARMEN (Forretress) (F) @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

SCARLETT (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
i sort of made this with hyw but i did most of the work. the team attempts to clean with one or both of genesect/arceus-ghost. landorus-t does anti-sun stuff, kyogre helps me not necessarily autolose to opposing arceus-ghost, and latios just wears down things that annoy your own arceus-ghost. i consider this fundamentally flawed in that it lacks a kabutops answer or strong answer to opposing arceus-ghost and actually sort of hates ferrothorn. you can run physical sect instead of special to win the war versus arceus-ghost, but i see no easy way to fix the kabutops weakness.

MOSES (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

MER (Palkia) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Spacial Rend

WASTELAND (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 168 Atk / 248 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak

MOVIE SCREEN (Dialga) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere

PALE ON PALE (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Recover

PRIMAL / CARNAL (Accelgor) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 3 SpD
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz
- Spikes
- Yawn
though i didn’t have this in mind when i built it, this team resembles some of the really old bw ubers offenses, what with its palkia/giratina-o/dialga core, spiker, and kyogre. i consider this team my most overwhelming to face. even if the opponent can withstand a pummeling from lo dialga or rain specs palkia, they probably don’t want to face arceus-steel or scarf kyogre. opposing palkia looks scarier for this than i think it actually is; palkia in general works better in theory than practice, never mind that almost nobody uses it. it always has to switch into kyogre, and a vulnerability to all hazards + instantly getting crippled by thunder paralysis make it pretty bad at this. when it does get in, though, something dies. even sdef ferrothorn falls to a rain specs hydro pump after a layer of spikes.

black refraction (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 48 Def / 124 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Payback
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

virginal i (Giratina) @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

radiance (Arceus-Fighting) @ Fist Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

live room out (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

live room (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

stigmata ii (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earthquake
i actually built this independently of donkey’s sandstall but it ended up resembling it a great deal. i consider this version better to use in the current meta, in any case. arceus-fighting handles dialga and palkia when really not a lot of the old team does, and these sets also make more sense in general in modern bw. this team tries to set spikes and win gradually with excadrill; everything on it forces quite a bit of stuff to switch, so this generally works pretty well. though perhaps the best sandstall, using it requires quite a bit of strategy. it deviates entirely from the more autopilot offensive teams commonly seen in bw ubers nowadays.

yum-yab killer (Deoxys-Speed) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 56 HP / 60 Def / 252 SpA / 120 SpD / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Psycho Boost / Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

surrogate 2 (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 176 Atk / 248 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Magic Coat
- Shadow Sneak

helpless child (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Thunder / Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

the sound (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

blood section (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Explosion
- Iron Head

animus (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
oh, skyless world. i find it hard to argue that this isn’t the best offensive team in bw ubers. i didn’t make it, of course; i just changed everything’s sets. deoxys-s has some spread tape seems enormously proud of. i’m pretty sure it outspeeds deoxys-a and lives a tyranitar crunch or whatever. only use skill swap if you see the opponent bringing xatu; psycho boost works better versus anti-leads like cloyster and tentacruel. icy wind, of course, also ruins froslass and probably even rayquaza. giratina-o has magic coat over substitute because it catches darkrai phenomenally and doesn’t make a pokemon without recovery lose hp. taunt or thunder on darkrai comes down to personal preference: would you rather have no switch-ins or have a guaranteed way to shut down sleep talk users? ekiller runs silk scarf instead of lum berry because i think the power matters a lot here for killing stuff like kingdra. this team hates kingdra.

small talk (Groudon) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

broken (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

move (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 140 HP / 168 Atk / 148 SpA / 52 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor

brrrap!! (Palkia) @ Haban Berry
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast

slippin (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Fire Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Icy Wind

camera (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
i wanted to see what i could do with scarf heatran. when i realized that had no niche, i swapped it with scarf excadrill, and that gives you this team. it works by wearing stuff down with the physically offensive core of excadrill + arceus + groudon. click the forfeit button versus teams with skarmory. or just run overheat instead of eq on ekiller if you face one of the two people that actually use skarm. giratina-o lives darkrai dark pulse after sr and draco meteors its ass. palkia draco meteors support arceus then dragon tails it out, beating it without specs and also 1v1ing dragons like latias and dialga that it otherwises loses to. i think deoxys-a 2hkos lead excadrill, but i really don’t know. it also anti-leads both froslass and deoxys-s yay. ekiller, like on the previous team, just creeps opposing ekillers.

IRA (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

INVIDIA (Dialga) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 SpA / 160 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Stealth Rock

GULA (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Sleep Talk
- Volt Switch
- Bolt Strike

ACEDIA (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 140 HP / 224 Atk / 84 Def / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Aqua Tail

SUPERBIA (Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

AVARITIA (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
a lot of teams like this float around, but how many have aqua tail giratina-o or thunder steelceus? it used to also have tornadus-t, but tornadus-t really just sucks. honestly. someone should probably unrank that thing. anyway. set spikes and win with steelceus. aqua tail giratina-o fucks with steelceus checks, namely ho-oh and excadrill. kyogre forces in things steelceus can set up on, and because nobody actually runs checks to it anymore you might honestly just win with it also. dialga lives something involving palkia, i think, and also pivots on stuff like ferrothorn and sdef kyogre that also bothers steelceus. zekrom handles the last of the things that steelceus dislikes, chipping stuff like groudon and excadrill for it. i have no idea what the giratina-o evs do. steelceus has 8 sdef instead of 8 def to prevent genesect from getting the +satk boost for its flamethrower or thunder 1v1 against steelceus.

oh. also just give up versus opposing offensive kyogre. sorry.

new ways (Kyogre) @ Ice Gem
EVs: 40 HP / 80 Def / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

made of stone (Groudon) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 176 Atk / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

no care (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Roost

alone / with you (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed / Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

to belong (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

fossa (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 88 Atk / 200 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Bulldoze
i like this and the following team more than just about anything else i made. this one has a lot of weird spreads/set choices i should probably explain. ice gem kyogre, an edgar invention, threatens the opposition in much the same way specs does, except it doesn’t have to lock moves and gets a one-time nuke versus most of its checks. i’m pretty sure this spread lives lo groudon eq after sr. i made groudon paradancer because it paralyzes most kyogre checks and just generally rocks. lum for the darkrais, but also the supportceuses, sdef kyogres, and skarmories. ice beam vs espeed on sect comes down to whether you think the opponent will /actually/ keep rayquaza in on you. arceus-ghost runs sub because the only thing scarier than a +1 ghostceus is a +1 252 satk ghostceus behind a sub. excadrill runs bulldoze because i find it incredibly spammable and great for anti-leading; it can’t miss and has more than like 3 base power, unlike rock tomb. these excadrill evs let it handle i think fire punch and low kick deoxys-a.

SUNHAMMER (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

MACHINE GUN (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk
- Quick Attack

DIPLODOCUS? (Latias) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind

SHITBOX (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

SOUL PURGE (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

HEADKNOT (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
this team attempts to wear down the opponent with hazard spam and clean with some combination of scarf terrakion and cm latias. an older version of it spawned this idea of modern rainstall with tentacruel/ferrothorn/arceus-ghost/latias; when i came back and saw that everyone was using that, i updated my old team to better fit the current meta. the biggest change involved swapping gliscor for terrakion, which functions as an auxiliary check to so much bothersome stuff (dialga, arceus-dark, arceus-steel, darkrai) and does a great job of running through weakened teams. i consider all these spreads fairly intuitive except for physdef tentacruel, which i run to better take on things like tyranitar and ferrothorn.

a drowning (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam

the believers (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

bbb (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw

fur lined (Dialga) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Aura Sphere
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk

the space in b/w (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 232 HP / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt

parasite (Wobbuffet) @ Custap Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond
a lot of people think zf made this, as it’s the first team in his infamous bw ubers pastebin, but he only modified my modification of a super old team i co-built. i then modified my now-old modification again and that gives you the current team. the biggest change involved swapping that abysmal deoxys-a for a more masculine deoxys-s. besides that, most of the sets just make more sense. rayquaza runs jolly because groudon does nowadays, arceus-ghost subs because wobbuffett gives it so many opportunities to that not using it just feels silly, wobbuffett uses custap berry because it lets it clutch encore or destiny bond some scary stuff.

make no mistake; i don’t even know if i consider this team generally good anymore. its weaknesses to magic sun, kyogre, and arceus-ghost sometimes make it hard to win games. i just wanted to post this here for history’s sake.

the cape (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

motherland (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
EVs: 200 HP / 244 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake

the kingfisher (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Roost
- Roar

antioch (Arceus-Grass) @ Meadow Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 80 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Ice Beam

coffinfield (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

go home (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Rapid Spin
a flawed yet fun experiment with rain ho-oh. i realized ho-oh with spin support works nicely against common scarf kyogre checks nowadays; though dialga, ferrothorn, and arceus-grass do alright versus scarf kyogre, they typically despise ho-oh. this team also answers those teams that heavily rely on an sr arceus to handle ho-oh, because having two spinners that wear down each other’s checks makes this team great versus any spinblocker except the rare giratina-a. i use lugia here as a secondary blanket check to lots of stuff, be it latios, ekiller, cm arceus, or even just opposing choiced kyogre. arceus-grass also rounds the team out, insuring it better versus kyogre and groudon while providing a much-needed electric resist.

overall i consider this team far too weak to surf latios, some stall, and thunder darkrai to justify using in most serious games (not to mention the lack of spikes to support lugia, which always bothered me), but it still seems like an interesting concept that could go places if someone else messed with it.

sloom (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

dirty paws (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

love love love (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Roost
- Substitute

lakehouse (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast

six weeks (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

yellow light (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Perish Song
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
i don’t believe i based this off the previous team, but in any case i would have a hard time not using this over that. though it lacks a rain ho-oh, it takes just about everything else the previous team tries to do and does it better. it functions similarly to my terrakion rainstall, in that it revolves around amassing hazards and cleaning with a scarfer (here, palkia). it trades some consistency vs offensive kyogre for the ability to use lugia, one of this tier’s most underrated pokemon. it literally can win games by itself with hazards down, people!

a very doable team change is running sr over perish song on arceus-ghost if you want that little extra bit of insurance vs magic sun. if you do that, excadrill gets to fit protect, which is cool in its own right. i just like perish song arceus-ghost because it shuts down gimmicks like smashpass or awkward last-mon sweepers. this team can’t do very much at all to something like cm arceus-dark in a lastmon situation, so having even a little bit of extra insurance versus that makes sense to me.

doin the cockroach (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

cowboy dan (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 224 Atk / 240 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail

closing time (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 176 HP / 52 Def / 252 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

trailer trash (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

out of gas (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

shit luck (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Judgment
- Recover
i made this in 2014 or 2015 with hack, but it probably still works now. we wanted to build around sr excadrill, which was actually still a pretty novel concept at that time. bearing that in mind, we paired it with the super old defensive core of arceus-steel + latias, which hates ho-oh more than anything else under normal circumstances yet manages it just fine with rocks up. even if excadrill can’t get its rocks, the team can still try to lure ho-oh with aqua tail giratina-o, or just mess up the rest of their team with smart play with kyogre + arceus-steel.

i have no recollection of what the excadrill evs do, but i remember thinking they were pretty cool. they might have something to do with groudon, giratina-o, or perhaps ferrothorn.

ceux qui rôdent (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

chthonian sea (Arceus-Grass) @ Meadow Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

somnolence (Giratina) @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roar
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

seuil (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost

formless lights (Ho-Oh) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Atk / 84 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Sleep Talk

messe tellurique (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Rapid Spin
i leave you with a team i always considered theoretically solid yet almost never used in tour play. i almost brought it in my infamous upl 2 game vs kebabe, but opted for shiftry instead when i considered the ho-oh weakness and found i struggled to fix it here without opening up more holes… nowadays, i try to handle the ho-oh matchup with two sr users in tyranitar and arceus-grass. i do this hoping the opponent’s espeon or cloyster can withstand one but not both of them. the inability to run ice beam on arceus-grass unfortunately augments a rayquaza weakness a bit, but will-o-wisp still does okay versus that unless it has fire blast. this actually plays pretty similarly to the other sandstall i posted a ways back, yet it explores what the archetype can look like with a different spiker. also, ho-oh.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
With UPL over, I feel like I should take the time to share some teams I've been using throughout.

Dawn Wings Sticky Web offense

What I feel is an optimised version of my previous Webs team, I used this against Exiline in week 2 because he is the player most likely to break the cheeky Hyper Offense against me I felt and I wanted to get as much as a edge as possible in that scenario and we ended up bringing almost identical teams.. Necrozma-Ultra is stronger and faster than Arceus-Ghost which makes it more useful as a breaker that can actually outspeed Salamence and Arceus formes, not much to say about the team.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Nuzzle
- Taunt
- Toxic Thread

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Ultranecrozium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Geomancy

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 168 Atk / 144 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Gothitelle + CM Groundceus bulky offense

The idea behind this is simple, Gothitelle is take on bulkier teams and defensive Pokemon for the team, allowing the other team members to break, SD + SR Groudon was chosen here to break defoggers that Gothitelle that isn't able to deal with on its own such as Arceus-Dark and ensure I can easily win the matchup against bulkier teams. CM Groundceus is the star of the team, CM Groundceus is really strong right now, a handful of offense teams neglect it in their preparation such as common Zygarde temas, so it can usually handle the offensive matchup on its own or sufficiently weaken/threaten teams allowing Salamence or Necrozma-DM to serve as a win condition, while having strong offensive synergy.

Ciel Errant (Gothitelle) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Confide
- Charm
- Taunt
- Rest

Autre Temps (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Printemps emeraude (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Kodama (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Solganium Z
EVs: 124 HP / 232 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Morning Sun

Summer's Glory (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
EVs: 216 HP / 156 Atk / 12 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost

Les Iris (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 64 Def / 216 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
- Grass Knot

Iry G2

Week 5, I took an approach I usually don't take in teambuilding, this team was somewhat equipped against Iry, while still being a decently solid team in general. I don't really specifically prep for or counter-style players at large, but I felt like this week had to have some leeway, I noticed in most replays Iry would use fall back on some Arceus-Fairy bulky offense, or Arceus-Ground team, usage of both was quite high and Celesteela is not a mon I feel he would expect me to use, Celesteela is a mon with some strong defensive traits that are usually overlooked, as it is a steel that is completely stopped by Gothitelle and has a few other downsides. The general construct of this team is simple, Arceus-Water + Celesteela have good defensive synergy and I wanted to ensure I could still deal with Zygarde teams. I took the Ultra Necrozma approach as the breaker, Iry had been using the odd stall in the previous weeks and I wanted to ensure my team vs fats was sufficient. I added Heat Wave Yveltal as the Magearna/Ferrothorn Matchup was a bit so-so and I wanted to solidify the team against those, Ferrothorn/Magearna can get some free turns on my defensive core.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 144 SpA / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 96 Atk / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 52 HP / 228 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

relevant mon (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Protect
- Toxic

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch

Lunala offense (ESM G1)

Lunala itself deserved more love during UPL, it is probably the strongest breakers this tier has, this is just a simple offense team that utilises Lunala as the breaker, Ekiller and GeoXern were added to cover the matchup against opposing offense, something Lunala generally struggles against. EternalSnowMan had a trend of teambuilds that didn't have many answers to Lunala, outside of Yveltal, especially on Mega Venusaur balances so I felt like it was the ideal Pokemon to start off against him, overall the team is pretty solid, it has some Marshadow issues, but it is manageable.

Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Sunsteel Strike
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun

Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 136 HP / 216 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

I would like to give a mention to the Drizzlers for making UPL a very enjoyable experience, despite the rough weeks we had, hopefully I'll get to play with you lot next year and thanks for having me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)