Data Usage-Based Tier Update for June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Knowing how they operate I feel like one or both of Keldeo and Pelipper will be quickbanned (kokoloko is king)
They would most likely be quickbanned within the next few days, rain + keldeo seems just broken in uu, could only think about a few checks in araquanid, roserade, mantine,

They would most likely be quickbanned within the next few days, rain + keldeo seems just broken in uu, could only think about a few checks in araquanid, roserade, mantine,
I acknowledge it's dangerous but unlike sun where there was virtually no counters, let alone checks, the checks to Rain that we have are pretty damn good outside of that. I don't really see Pelipper or Keldeo getting the boot in my opinion.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
idk, if I'm remembering correctly, in lower tiers I remember certain mons having checks but still got banned, I think one of them was inteleon in ru since gastrodon, vaporeon, virizion(sometimes), jellicent maybe

idk, if I'm remembering correctly, in lower tiers I remember certain mons having checks but still got banned, I think one of them was inteleon in ru since gastrodon, vaporeon, virizion(sometimes), jellicent maybe
I'm pretty sure you're talking specific pokemon, not specific archetypes. Not sure if Keldeo has really any checks but Pelipper seems perfectly balanced imo

Steorra

nya smells
Discord Leader
ooh I see what your saying, also checks for keldeo can include araquanid and mantine, but ig you can toxic them down, unless they run heal bell sylveon, and that pelipper can help with araquanid

Steorra

nya smells
Discord Leader
thinking about it I can just see a keldeo + pelipper+heliolisk becoming a popular core and then maybe a few other mons to break through just defensive mons in sylveon and umbreon but ig keldeo alone can do it decently

Can someone please explain to me
why keldeo and pelipper dropped to uu (at the same time might i add)
when dracovish usage was at its prime
Pelipper is easy; rain is pretty nonexistent at this point, so almost nobody uses it anymore. Specs Pelipper alone is fine, but other wallbreakers have been seeing more usage.

As for Keldeo, I really don't know why. I know it's also commonly used in rain but I thought it would still be picking up some usage.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can someone please explain to me
why keldeo and pelipper dropped to uu (at the same time might i add)
when dracovish usage was at its prime
You guys just don't let us have a break do you?

Finch, your broken Webs team has completely changed the tier, wtf. Shuckle's about to drop again though now that Vish is gone, prolly, but more importantly, now I can't use my quirky UU webs team, and this is an act that I cannot forgive >:(

Overall, these were some supremely, unbelievably weird changes, namely the ones I quoted. Primarina and Ninetales's rises make a lot of sense to me given HO's greater use as well as Primarina's proven proficiency as of late, but the UU drops and Shuckle's absurdly monumental rise were the last things I was expecting to have happen.
have you been under a rock? Last shift Keldeo had the lowest usage of any ou mon , so if it didnt drop this month it would be shocking. Also Rain sucks rn so no one uses Pel, so it drops.

Steorra

nya smells
Discord Leader
it dropping wasn't much of a surprise, how the meta is right now and the mons most used, keldeo isn't really a great breaker compared to something like vish

Goddamnit, Shuckle belongs in PU, not OU! Why?! Just. What. The. Literal. Fuck. Am. I. Seeing. Right. Now?!

I hope Shuckle drops down to PU because it's trash and deserves to burn in hell.

Sun: Haha Darmanitan go boom boom

Rain, which just got Pelipper and Keldeo to drop to UU: Hello

Okay, we already got Sun as the most dangerous weather archetype, and NOW we get rain? Oh god I think we know where this is gonna go...
Well the reason why Shuckle became OU in the first place was because people were using this team on the ladder just to get voting reqs for Dracovish. Now that Dracovish is gone, Shuckle’s stay in OU will most likely only last this month.

I also like how much the Smogon fanbase seems to hate UU. Wow. First, we get Primarina, Weavile, Gengar, Gyarados, Diggersby, Durant, Crawdaunt, Dracozolt (we do not talk about this pokemon), and Obstagoon, next we get Sun with Darm and Venusaur, and now we get Rain? Wow looks like UU is not having it today isn't it

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I also like how much the Smogon fanbase seems to hate UU. Wow. First, we get Primarina, Weavile, Gengar, Gyarados, Diggersby, Durant, Crawdaunt, Dracozolt (we do not talk about this pokemon), and Obstagoon, next we get Sun with Darm and Venusaur, and now we get Rain? Wow looks like UU is not having it today isn't it
UUBL has to be 30 mons big every generation, no exceptions

Drampa leaving NU makes me sad ☹ I wanna abuse my boi.

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I honestly don't think that Keldeo will be broken. Rain might be a problem, but i'm concentrating on Keldeo. Keldeo is walled by Araquanid, Jellicent & Mantine.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mantine: 93-110 (24.8 - 29.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Araquanid: 111-131 (37.7 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 68 HP / 0 SpD Araquanid: 105-124 (35.7 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

and Jellicent is immune to both STABs.

The only thing that Keldeo can do is Stone Edge against Araquanid and Mantine (nothing against Jellicent)

184 Atk Keldeo Stone Edge vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Araquanid: 148-176 (50.3 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Keldeo Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mantine: 134-158 (35.8 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Sure Keldeo can Toxic, but Sylveon and Umbreon can Heal Wish.

I think that Rain can make Keldeo feel stupid strong, but if Rain gets banned, than Keldeo can be decent.

Just an FYI, by June 17, you'll have to take the following mons to account:
Poliwrath (who is getting Liquidation, Close Combat, Darkest Lariat and for doubles High Horsepower)
Politoed
Magnezone (who is getting Body Press)
Chansey/Blissey
Tangrowth
Kingdra (who is getting Hurricane)
Starmie
Scizor
Azumarill (who is getting High Horsepower)
Exploud
Krookodile (who is getting Close Combat, Darkest Lariat and for doubles High Horsepower)
Zoroark (who is getting Sludge Bomb outside of event)
Emolga
Meinshao (who is getting Close Combat)
Druddigon
Boffulant
Volcarona
Talonflame
Dedenne
Lycanroc (who is getting Close Combat, Play Rough and Psychic Fangs. This applies to all 3 including Dusk who has Tough Claws)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)