XY OU Use The (Sand) Force (An X/Y OU Sandstorm team)

Hello everyone and welcome to my first weather RMT. Hope you like it.

The Team

In Depth

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Crunch
- Protect

Ah yes. Tyranitar. What is a sandstorm team without tyranitar. I turned mine into more of a bulky set with Stealth Rock, Roar and protect and fave it the smoot rock so I could get eight turns of sandstorm rather than five. This Pokemon is also my sepcial wall, and it can take special hits like a total champ. It was even able to live an unexpected Focus Blast once due to being in the sandstorm. It has done so well and never let me down in any battles
Synergy
Fighting - Zapdos
Fairy - Excadrill, Ferrothorn
Water - Ferrothorn
Ground - Zapdos
Grass - Zapdos, Ferrothorn

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin --> Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

One of my sweepers in the Sandstorm. Upon mega evolution, he gains the Sand Force ability, which boost the power of Earthquake even further while in the sandstorm. Iron Head i sthere for the pesky Fairy types and the occasional Icwe type, but it's mostly there for fairies and Dragon Claw is to hit other Dragon types. Swords Dance, of course is so that I can set up when my opponent switches if I can predict them to switch correctly. garchom has been a fine Pokemon and the main focus of this team (thus the cheesy pun for a title)

Synergy
Dragon - Ferrothorn, Excadrill
Fairy - Ferrothorn, Excadrill
Ice - :c

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spike
- Knock Off

My defensive wall. What used to be an Aegislash was replaced by Ferrothorn when Aegislash was banned. I'm glad I made the switch. Aegislash was great because of its immense power but Ferrothorn was exactly what I needed in terms of bulk. With leech Seed and Sandstorm helping it out, it can wear down opponents extremely fast. Also, Knock Off might seem like a weird choice but I put it on ferrothorn simply to get rid of a threat's item, and it has worke dout pretty greatly. ferrothorn, you have served the team well and filled in the missing slot o fthe team well
Synergy
Fighting - Zapdos
Fire - Tyranitar

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

The more speed reliant of the two Sandstorm sweepers. Excadrill's speed and power is ridiculous when he is under the Sandstorm, reaching a speed of pratically 500 (I think). That is completely insane. Thus, he makes a really good Late game sweeper, because he is able to chip away at the opposing team fast and easily. With great power and decent bulk, as well as amazing sweeping capabilities, Excadrill instantly made it on the team and i instantyl grew to love it

Synergy
Ground - Zapdos
Water - Ferrothorn
Fire - Tyranitar
Fighting - Zapdos

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave

Zapdos, the Choice Scarfe rof the team. I feel Zapdos is a pretty good choice for a sandstorm team, considering a lot of Pokemon who do good in the sand are weak to water, which Zapdos taks care fo easily. Anyway, Zapdo's moveset is pretty self explanatory. Thunderbolt is for STAB, Volt Switch for switch initiative, HP Ice for Ground types and Heat Wave for whatever resists T-bolt and HP Ice. Zapdos has been a staple on my team and I don't think I could've really win any baatltles without him. Well done Zap2
Synergy
Ice - :c
Rock - Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Garchomp

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Last but not least, Bulk Up Ckonkeldurr. Now, a lot of you may be asking Why I don't have Mach Punch. Well, it's because I'm not carrying Iron Fist, I'm carrying Guts, so Mach Punch is inferior to Knock Off. Why am I carrying Guts over Iron Fist you may ask? It's simle. People LOVE to Will-O-Wisp this thing, thinking they're crippling its attack and I surprise them by actually doing more damage than before. It's caught quite a few people off guard. While Conkeldurr isn't that vital to the team, he still plays an impotant role

Synergy
Flying - Zapdos, Excadrill, Tyranitar
Psychic - Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Excadrill

So that's the team! Constructive criticism welcome! Pleas ehelp me with my first X and Y weather team

Last edited:
Hello There, I would say that you should use the washing machine (rotom-W) in place on Zapdos it can do everything the thunderbird can and better, that would shore up the ice weakness, it can run a decent Scarf set with trick to handle walls (chansey and co) as well as a Pivot set if you want to spread will o wisp.

Last edited:
Hey, that´s a nice team you have there, but I have some suggestions for you. The first thing that comes to my mind is: Scarf-Zapdos without Rapid Spinner/Defogger? Should be a very short-lived revenge killer. Keldeo seems to be a big threat to this team because half of your team is weak to Fighting-type attacks and only Zapdos resists it which is not meant to take big hits. So I would replace Conkeldurr with LO-Latios with Roost, so that it can recover from Keldeos attacks. I would also use Pursuit on Ttar to trap opposing Lati@s because this helps Garchomp to set up and sweep. And as killingj0k3 suggested, it would be a good idea to replace Zapdos with Rotom-w because it forms a solid defensive core with Ferrothorn and can burn threats like M-Mawile or Azumarill.

Hope this helps you to improve your team.

That could be an option.. but then it'd open u Tyranitar's, Ferrothorns and Exadrill's fighting weakness... is there an option I can use to patch that up?
Will o Wisp comes in handy for that kind of stuff, otherwise you can replace Conkeldurr with Lati twins for extra damage and Defog, since this is a sand team, you can always go full retard and opt for Lando-I or Lando - T to get that fighting resist and many much more offensive presence.

EDIT: What Abrams said, he beat me to it :D

EDIT again; Perhaps Rapid spin > sword dance or rockslide on Excadrill, if you don't want to use the lati twins for defog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)