Using the team since 4th gen!!

OOOOOOOkay i don't have the time to write total details but I will add on as the days go by.

So on to the team, I made this team back in 4th gen and i ended up liking it. made a few changes here and there and came up with this.

Gengar @ Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 hp, 252 Spa, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- taunt
- Destiny Bond
- shadow ball
- HP Flying

My lead, worked great in 4th gen, its alright this gen because of Tyranitar breaking my sash. Basically could work as a lead suicide, although it rarely does this, or simply a taunt user. Yes, Hp flying to help with the fighting types whether they are leads or I switch in, i could use psychic but then i get walled by dark types, most noticeably Scrafty. Besides flying type is a great offensive type with its resistances covered by shadow ball. Destiny bond because why the fuck not? but i am open to change it to substitute with black sludge or perish song if your able to explain why or any other move you think would be better.

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 104 hp, 154 Spa, 252 Spe
- Hydropump
- thunderbolt
- thunderwave
- rapid spin

Oh the random Ev spread i know, if someone comes with a better one please tell me. With this spread, ive lived scizors bullet punches and stab pursuits if i dont switch out, not sure about banded though. So starmie, (aka Foddermie) checking what moveset the opposing poke has and rapid spinning the shit people tossed at my side. I like it as people dont expect a twave. Expertbelt to get that boost on jellicent although i havent ran calcs at all. I WOULD LOVE it if someone gives me the minimum evs Spa needs to 2hko jelli with an expert belt. im most likely switching hydro pump to hp fire (although i will miss the Stab, especially if in rain) and would also like to know the minimum number of evs needed to 2hko ferro (without rain) if planned on using Hp fire

Raikou @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 Def, 200 Spa, 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- HP Grass

I love my raikou, always killing everything after a calm mind(bar Spd tyranitar) and Decimating if I'm +2. 56 in defense rather than in hp because i want that extra turn with LO just in case, i could max out Spa but that's what LO's for, to make up the missing 52 evs. I'm up to use a weatherball/aura sphere raikou, but i might as well make him scarfed with voltswitch / Hp grass or ice / thunderbolt.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 hp, 252 Att, 4 Def, 4 Spd,
Nature: Adamant
- Meteor Mash
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Don't know what purpose he serves in the team, but i just like him. i need priority users, Brick break to hit steels and break screens. ice punch because i resist dragon attacks, MM for stab and possible Att boost. If deoxys-s gets banned (im not picking sides, just mentioning it) im going with Hammer Arm and gyro ball

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 hp, 252 Att, 252 Spe
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-Turn

Straight forward pretty standard Flygon. could be used as my lead as well. Have a better Scarf user in mind? please mention it and why.

Weavile @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Att, 4 Def, 252 Spe
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

Love it, love it, love it!! Even his nickname is awesome, Solstice (named after "Winter Solstice") . Swept whole teams multiple times with this guy. Good mid-game sweeper, Perfect late-game sweeper. Adamant because i out speed whats meant to be out sped (bar scarfers, Deoxys)

So thats the team, opinions welcomed and needed. if this team sucks, tell me why, I want to know.

In my experience, I found that Outrage is better on a Flygon, otherwise it just won't get the important kills. Also, because it's a 4th-gen team, it lacks the metagame coverage of a 5th Gen team, making this team very vulnerable. Specifically because it lacks any weather abuse/counter. Because weather is so important to the metagame, this team will not get anywhere. The first thing to go should be Raikou and instead replaced with something that can handle the deadly sun threat to this team, such as Sawsbuck(can neutral hit everything but Gengar, which is very frail anyways so it will be gone due to Pursuit Scizor which is very common on Sun teams. Be very warned, this guy is more powerful than he looks).
-Leads no longer work this generation because of the Wifi clause. because of sand and very common entry hazard, a sash will leave the pokemon useless. the Gengar is incapable of killing a gen V pokemon on a team that is smart because every Gengar nowadays is known to carry Destiny Bond, so they'll just sacrifice say, their weather starter because they do not need it against this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)