Resource USM Sample Teams [Submissions closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

alephnull

Banned deucer.
Standard Mega Gengar + Ho-Oh Balance

This is a standard team built around the potent status spam core of Mega Gengar + Ho-Oh. Similar to teams built previously by KyogreF4N and Zenithial, this team aims to capitalize on spreading status via Ho-Oh and then abusing status spam thanks to Mega Gengar. However, there are a few caveats on this team that helps differentiate itself from its predecessors. Most notably, Ferrothorn is implemented to better deal with most variants of Primal Kyogre, which is a threat that is particularly difficult for Mega Gengar + Ho-Oh Balances to deal with. Ferrothorn also runs Spikes and allows this team to spike stack rather well. Bullet Seed was run over Power Whip to better deal with Sub CM Primal Kyogre, which would otherwise beat any other variant of Ferrothorn. Zygarde-C serves as this teams primary physical wall and is capable of tanking boosted hits rather well thanks to Coil. Dragon Tail is run over Glare so that Zygarde-C is not trapped by Gothitelle and allows it to phaze out opposing mons and rack up Spike damage. A Defensive Primal Groudon set best fit this team as it did not have a reliable way to deal with Geomancy Xerneas. Thus, Roar was opted for over Toxic and this allows the team to have another way to phaze out opposing mons and rack up even more Spike damage. Lastly, Scarf Xerneas paired excellently with Mega Gengar and served as a great way to revenge kill certain threats like Zygarde-C and Marshadow, while still serving as a cleric and a defogger. Grass Knot was run to have a better match up against SD Groundceus, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Overall, while this team lacks immediate raw power, it has the ability to set up multiple layers of hazards in the form of Spikes and Stealth Rock and quickly rack up damage to the opposition thanks to various phazing moves. Mega Gengar, Ho-Oh, and even Ferrothorn can spread status moves across the opposing team thus powering up Mega Gengar's Hex and netting multiple KOs at a time.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Bullet Seed

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Roar

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Aromatherapy
- Defog

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Sticky Web

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 76 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Mild Nature
- Eruption
- Rock Tomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Precipice Blades

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Heat Wave

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Dragon Pulse

During the winter ssnl i built a diancie webs team inspired by the concept of the glalie webs that Thimo used against Kf4n in open finals, the idea is to use explosion to block defog. My take was that diancie was better for this because it gives you an anti lead to mons like yvel, gar, and opposing web setters. This team is a bit different from the original version that i used that seasonal but i think that it is also a bit better. Dawn wings gives you a spin blocker so that exca offense does not cause as many issues, and modest z is pretty much a nuke to everything. I made don special as opposed to physical because i find that it prevents defog better than sd does. Personally at this point and time i find any webs without Diancie to just be a bit underwhelming as it leads to issues against other offense builds and 50/50s with mons like gar. Diancie also affords you to run taunt glare smeargle which i find to be far better than nuzzle overall. Another great advantage to diancie is its ability to rock against sab stall and generally keep them up rather well as ho-oh cannot fog on it and in many cases the arcs on those teams is darkceus.

Hoopas Dad

formerly Mysterious M
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wanted to share this balance which has given me and some other people good results. S/o Trap on his help with this.

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Atk / 56 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Curse
- Recover

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Rest
- Dragon Tail

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Blissey @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Confide

EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 148 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Defog
- Toxic
- Rest

Alright so this balance features the underrated Life Orb Curse Ho-Oh set, which can be a really dangerous offensive presence vs the current ubers meta, while being at +1 is like having a choice band unlocked Ho Oh. Ho-Oh runs enough bulk to let it tank hits and setup, or just hit hard. Zygarde + Giratina provide a physically defensive walling core for the team, while Blissey + Ferro are used to check the special threats. Coil on Zygarde can give you a late game win con, while dragon tail helps with phazing some threats for the team. CM Groundceus is here to offer the team another offensive presence while at the same time help vs some mons that can be annoying such as Yveltal. In general i believe this is a well structured balance, which can deal against any playstyle you are matched up depending how you approach the game each time, but does have some issues. Marshadow can be a pain. While the LO set can be dealt with Ho-Oh + Zyg combo (scouting for 4th move Hp ice / Rock tomb), the Z Bulk Up set can be a trouble to face. Ho-Oh can take an unboosted Z from marsh, but at +1 marsh pretty much gets a kill with Z. Then Zygarde can Dragon Tail and it ceases to be an issue. Another similar scenario is Z Ultra necro at +2, which can get a kill but then you can play around it.

This is a really effective and easy to use exca hyper offense, proving to be extremely potent on ladder, helping me peak and reach 1950 ELO. I chose Exca as a lead as I believe it sets up Stealth Rock very reliably, aided considerable by Mold Breaker, which of course allows it to set Stealth Rock on Magic Bounce users. Calm Mind Ultra Necrozma was something I really wanted to use, and I believe this team really benefits from Ultra Necrozma. It allows the team to be able to outspeed threats, particularly offensive Arceus Formes. Power Gem or Dragon Pulse can be used, I decided to choose Power Gem to be able to OHKO Defensive Yveltal after Stealth Rocks and also to surprise and OHKO Ho-Oh in the event that Stealth Rock was removed, as the rest of the team cannot threaten Ho-Oh at all. Photon Geyser and Heat Wave are mandatory options on Calm Mind Ultra Necrozma. Calm Mind Arceus-Fairy plays a huge role in providing a switch in to Yveltal and Marshadow in particular, while also being able to provide offensive pressure in Maximum Spa and Earth Power for coverage. The rest of the team really synergies with this Arceus-Fairy set, as Primal Groudon, Mega Lucario, Heat Wave Ultra Necrozma and Yveltal all threaten passive threats that check this Pokemon, in particular Ferrothorn. Yveltal plays a pivotal role in this team, a real powerhouse that provides a form of priority outside of bullet punch, threatening opposing Ultra Necrozma and Dusk Mane alike which could cause issues for this team. Taunt can also stop slow defoggers that may wish to remove Stealth Rock, with Oblivion Wing and Dark Pulse being Yveltal's signature attacks. Mega Lucario also plays a vital role in this team, due to its access to bullet punch. This allows Mega Lucario to revenge Geomancy Xerneas after being chipped by any of Mega Lucario's teammates. It can also revenge Choice Scarfed Xerneas if it has come in enough times and been chipped by Stealth Rock substantially. Mega Lucario is also essential as acting as a form of an Ekiller check. Ekiller very rarely runs maximum speed, which allows Mega Lucario to outspeed and OHKO Ekiller, unless it holds Chople Berry, which in this case can be easily revenged by any of Mega Lucario's teammates. Substitute Ekiller also lacks the coverage to really hit Mega Lucario, with only Shadow Claw which does reasonably measly damage after its sub has been broken by Meteor Mash. Last but not least, double dance Primal Groudon adds to the physical pressure that Mega Lucario provides. This core with Arceus-Fairy alongside is usually enough to be able to break Zygarde and Giratina, as there is simply too much physical pressure and Arceus-Fairy can switch in easily and force Zygarde out. I am running Fire Punch as I find the 100% accuracy reassuring, with Stone Edge and Precipice Blades always running the risk of missing, and Stone Edge is not needed as much as a +2 Fire Punch is able to OHKO Ho-Oh after Stealth Rock damage. Mega Salamence can be a nuisance to this set, however Stealth Rock is annoying for Mega Salamence to switch into, with Dusk Mane and Arceus-Fairy providing sufficient support. I think this team has enough offensive pressure to keep Stealth Rock up, with every Pokemon having dangerous set up moves that have the potential to sweep. The main weakess of this team is offensive Arceus-Ground, particularly Calm Mind Arceus-Ground with really no solid switch ins and relying heavily on it not being able to set up and nuking it with Ultra Necrozma's Z move. However, I don't think this obstructs this from being a really good team, all teams have flaws and at least I am able to acknowledge this team has flaws too.

Last edited:
Oh Deer, We All Charged Up! PEAKED #18 1741 ELO 81.5% GXE

386s.png
383-p.png
716.png
448-m.png
717.png
800-u.png

I wanted to use Mega Lucario as I like it's speed tier, power, and just design in general. Due to me having a sticky webs team already with mega lucario, I thought I would make some hazard stack offense to break sashes, and so Lucario can kill things reliably.

First pokemon on the team is deoxys speed since I find it the most reliable deoxys forme when it comes to hazard stacking and pressuring defoggers with taunt. It's moveset is pretty self explanatory, Stealth rock + spikes to lay down entry hazards. Taunt for other deoxys lead, and smeargle as well as magic coat to face opposing deoxys, as well as shuckle/ smeargle webs leads.

Next slot goes to Primal Groudon, as Primal groudon is a staple on all of my teams, being able to come in on pokemon like SPDef necrozma dusk mane, celesteela, ferrothorn. Just bulky stalls in general. The ev spread is 252Atk 252Spe 4 SpD. I am running max speed on groudon so I gain the most out of running rock polish. Standard 252SpA 156Spe 100SPDef while outspeeding Dragon dance adamant mence at +2 it does not outspeed Jolly. Max speed is also beneficial for opposing groudon as moving first versus defensive stealth rock groudon is extremely beneficial as you can nab KOs with Precipice blades after prior chip. Double dance aids versus Ho-Oh, Yveltal, and Rayquaza, which the team struggles versus if Xerneas is weakened/ eliminated.

Because groudon struggles heavily versus Yveltal if unboosted/ facing charti berry builds I decided to opt for Xerneas. Originally this was a Z Geomancy Xerneas but I found it counterproductive as if I use my Z With Ultra necrozma my xern has useless moves. I opted for power herb to boost as quick as possible, and to make efficient use out of my moves.

And the next mon on the team is Mega-Lucario. Upon the release of ultra sun/ ultra moon, Meteor mash was added to Mega Lucario's arsenal, making it less likely to lose games due to missing moves. As far as what mega lucario adds to the team. It provides an emergency check to xerneas with bullet punch. If you weaken a geomancy xerneas Bullet punch will revenge it so you do not get swept. Mega lucario also forces out mons like ferrothorn, celesteela, and weakened magearna which gives mega lucario an SD which provides excellent breaking potential.

Choice specs yveltal is extremely powerful being able to 2HKO standard groudon, and more importantly being able to 2HKO magearna, and OHKOing ferrothorn with heat wave, which prevents magearna from switching in comfortably unless it is revealed that you are locked into Oblivion Wing/ Dark Pulse, and prevents ferrothorn from being a nuisance. U-Turn allows you to bluff choice scarf while also providing iniative for the team.

To close off the team, I thought Ultra Necrozma would be the ideal pokemon. Swords dance + Photon geyser is still extremely strong even without Light that burns the sky, and on top of that you can bluff your necrozma forme if you have previously used your Z geomancy on xerneas. This particular ultra necrozma has stone edge as opposed to sunsteel strike to nab the KO on Ho-Oh and non charti berry yveltal at +2. Earthquake deals with Necrozma Dusk Mane, and Primal Groudon at +2.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 108 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Meteor Mash
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Groudon-Primal: 255-301 (63.1 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Yveltal Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 226-266 (62 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-798429140
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-798353154
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-799446642 the third replay showcases WHY Z Geo Xern and Ultra necrozma are on the same team!!

https://screenshots.firefox.com/Gggg8lJTcsSNKOcb/play.pokemonshowdown.com

This team has carried me when laddering! I hope it does the same for you

Last edited:

Stats Master

Banned deucer.
Oh Deer, Stop Talking in your sleep!

View attachment 134406View attachment 134407View attachment 134408View attachment 134409View attachment 134411View attachment 134412
I wanted to use Mega Lucario as I like it's speed tier, power, and just design in general. Due to me having a sticky webs team already with mega lucario, I thought I would make some hazard stack offense to break sashes, and so Lucario can kill things reliably.

First pokemon on the team is deoxys speed since I find it the most reliable deoxys forme when it comes to hazard stacking and pressuring defoggers with taunt. It's moveset is pretty self explanatory, Stealth rock + spikes to lay down entry hazards. Taunt for other deoxys lead, and smeargle as well as Skill swap to help versus mega sableye/ diancie to allow hazards to go up versus those threats. Magic coat is also an option to if not deny webs, at least get them up on your opponent's side of the field to help the webs matchup which is why Magic coat will be slashed with skill swap.

Next slot goes to Primal Groudon, as Primal groudon is a staple on all of my teams, being able to come in on pokemon like SPDef necrozma dusk mane, celesteela, ferrothorn. Just bulky stalls in general. The ev spread is 252Atk 252Spe 4 SpD. I am running max speed on groudon so I gain the most out of running rock polish. Standard 252SpA 156Spe 100SPDef while outspeeding Dragon dance adamant mence at +2 it does not outspeed Jolly. Max speed is also beneficial for opposing groudon as moving first versus defensive stealth rock groudon is extremely beneficial as you can nab KOs with Precipice blades after prior chip. Double dance aids versus Ho-Oh, Yveltal, and Rayquaza, which the team struggles versus if Xerneas is weakened/ eliminated.

Because groudon struggles heavily versus Yveltal if unboosted/ facing charti berry builds I decided to opt for Xerneas. I am using a Z Geomancy set to aid versus marshadow, yveltal, Physical Kyogre, and tyranitar. I opted for Rest/ Sleep talk so I am not set up fodder for pokemon like marshadow, and extreme killer arceus when I have rested. Sleep talk is also a viable option as roar groudon has decreased in usage. With sleep talk you cannot roll geomancy so you have a 50% chance to nab some KoS versus teams while in your sleep. Sleep talk also allows you to preserve moonblast PP if needed.

And the next mon on the team is Mega-Lucario. Upon the release of ultra sun/ ultra moon, Meteor mash was added to Mega Lucario's arsenal, making it less likely to lose games due to missing moves. As far as what mega lucario adds to the team. It provides an emergency check to xerneas with bullet punch. If you weaken a geomancy xerneas Bullet punch will revenge it so you do not get swept. Mega lucario also forces out mons like ferrothorn, celesteela, and weakened magearna which gives mega lucario an SD which provides excellent breaking potential.

Choice specs yveltal is extremely powerful being able to 2HKO standard groudon, and more importantly being able to 2HKO magearna, and OHKOing ferrothorn with heat wave, which prevents magearna from switching in comfortably unless it is revealed that you are locked into Oblivion Wing/ Dark Pulse, and prevents ferrothorn from being a nuisance. U-Turn allows you to bluff choice scarf while also providing iniative for the team.

To close off the team, I thought Ultra Necrozma would be the ideal pokemon. Swords dance + Photon geyser is still extremely strong even without Light that burns the sky, and on top of that you can bluff your necrozma forme if you have previously used your Z geomancy on xerneas. This particular ultra necrozma has stone edge as opposed to sunsteel strike to nab the KO on Ho-Oh and non charti berry yveltal at +2. Earthquake deals with Necrozma Dusk Mane, and Primal Groudon at +2.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Skill Swap/Magic Coat

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Meteor Mash
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Groudon-Primal: 255-301 (63.1 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Yveltal Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 226-266 (62 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hey man, nice team! I think there could be a few changes that can be made that can optimize your team. First, I don't think Z-Geo Xerneas performs well anymore at all. You are already running Ultra Necrozma, so the inclusion of Z-Geo Xerneas is inefficient. The goal of a HO team is to have multiple ways of winning via sweeping so the added defense against threats like Marshadow aren't necessarily needed all that much.

A normal Power Herb set would fare better on this team. Another thing I think you can consider changing is Deo-S -> Excadrill and adding Deo-A to the team. I feel Deo-S loses to a lot of common HO leads and just isn't as good as it used to be anymore. Excadrill is a better dedicated lead and can set up Rocks easily. To add on to the hazard stack, Deoxys-A can pressure a lot of mons in the tier and does a fantastic job at setting up Spikes and pairs relatively well with Geomancy Xerneas. The idea of Spikes is to punish the opponent when Deoxys-A gets free turns, the layer of Spikes can really make the difference in games and can open up avenues for your win conditions. This gives Xerneas the additional chip it requires against targets such as Necrozma-DM and Primal Groudon so it can clean effectively.

Another set I would change is the SD Ultra Necrozma set you have right now. I feel that a CM Ultra Necrozma set would fit very nicely on this team as you can lure a bunch of stuff in like Ho-Oh, Lugia, Yveltal, Ferro and Mag and pick up surprise KOs thanks to the combination of Power Gem and Heat Wave. You could also run Dragon Pulse or Earth Power over Power Gem, albeit you already have several ways of beating Giratina, Zygarde, and Bulky Steels on this team. By running CM Ultra Necrozma, you can get rid of Specs Yveltal which fits better on more Bulky Offense teams - it feels like a rather awkward choice on a HO Team. Change your Double Dance PDon EVs to the standard spread so it can actually survive a boosted hit from opposing Xern at +2.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Spikes

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Dragon Pulse

Cynara I know a bunch of teams have been posted since you and the council last reviewed them, but when will the future review/input be posted?

Edit: So it seems like this team is now very Groundceus weak as it lacks a Ground Type Resist. I removed Mega Lucario and added CB Ho-Oh to better dent/break things and this also allows me to pressurize Lugia. Power Gem was replaced with Dragon Pulse which is the preferred and better option on Specially Based Ultra Necrozma anyway. 8 SpD EVs allow Dusk-Mane Necrozma to survive any one hit from +2 Xerneas after SR damage while 248 SpA generally hits for the same amount of damage as 252 SpA.

Last edited:
Although, for the first variation. Z geo xern + UNecrozma allows me to bluff the necrozma forme. And its tougher to get hazards up vs yveltal leads cause scarf/timid outspeeds. Additionally I do not have to sacrifice a pokemon slot to get up spikes. Choice specs yveltal allows me to bluff scarf if I force a switch and go for U turn.
Max speed jolly groudon aids inoutspeeding +1 jolly mence after rock polish whereas the spread provided while has more special defense investment fails to do so.
I appreciate and respect your input to the team. But deoxys attack is not something Im a fan of outside of psychic terrain builds.

Stats Master

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/6c1085dfde33884d

Description: the team is built around Mmy with hazard support from ferro and toxapex, darkceus takes care of ghost and dark types such as lunala and yveltal, Dusk mane is the stall breaker/xern check and Band Ho-oh/CM Mmy go ham with hazards up
Hey man, this team has a really nice concept behind it. I've actually been trying to create a solid MMY team structure because it does such a fantastic job of breaking down Balances with some Hazard Support. One thing I want to point out right away is that Ferrothorn + Toxapex create a bigger weakness to Mixed PDon on your team. Once Ho-Oh has been chipped enough, Mixed PDon can wreck havoc. Having SR on Ferro isn't very efficient, as it is likely to draw in things that it is weak to like PDon or Ho-Oh or things that can set up on it like Mega Mence. A better defog partner for Ho-Oh would be Giratina-O; while it lacks recovery, it gives you a way to smack Double Dance PDon and abuse Hex thanks to either WoW or Toxic Spikes. I understand Darkceus was picked for a much needed ghost type resist, but it generally has an avorable match up against most entry hazard setters anyway. Lastly, due to personal preference I feel that Magearna does a better job when utilized in builds like this over Dusk Mane Necrozma, mainly because you get a much needed cleric and a Geomancy Xerneas/Yveltal check all built into one.

https://pokepast.es/a1b17bb799049cf8

This is my take on the MMY Hazard Stack. While the method of dealing with Ghosts Types is much more offensive in nature, this team plays out quite nicely and I think does a comparable job to the first team in both ladder and tours.

Goodbye.

https://pokepast.es/39116b2ab73be921

Offensive team formed in one of my favorites, Marshadow. The strategy was taking z move to take better Spikes by Klefki and SR Pdon. Bulk Mence with Defog to not be so weak to sticky match up. Facade as a contact to fit all kinds of status. Ground Ceus CM with Thunder for Water Ceus / Kyogre / Yveltal / Steela or Ho-Oh. In this way I cover a lot. Xerneas Geo + power herb bulk fits very well here since with the boost in the same turn it relies well on the hazards. There are possible / small changes like Rock Tomb for Toxic in pdon or Foul Play for twave in klefki.

sand balance

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Giratina @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

EVs: 248 HP / 68 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

This team is built around sub tox glisc. The idea is that glisc is able to spread status around the opposing team while also being annoying with sub taunt shenanigans. obviously with being weak to hex gar because of toxic orb the team needed a pursuit trapper, and tyranitar was the perfect fit as it also added a flying resist. next arc ground made a lot of sense to immediately pressure don too as acting as a Mence and zyg check. Of course now with these 3 mons there was a glaring ogre weakness so ferro was added, and to try and abuse spikes Bw shuffle gira was opted for. Now at this point the team looked to function as a hazard spam phasing team where the primary offense pressure was hazards and glisc could act as a stall breaker then. So last it made sense to add exca as it gave hazard removal which was optimal for the team but also acts as a form of speed control in the sand.

OK, so since my open run just ended I thought it would be appropriate to post the best team I have built in USM that got me to that point.

ESM HO:
Yveltal @ Black Glasses
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch / Knock Off
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt / Knock Off
- U-turn

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Autotomize
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Fire Blast / Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 236 SpA / 132 SpD / 140 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Rock Tomb

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder
- Moonblast

This is a team my friends and I lovingly refer to as "ESM HO" despite it not being a true HO team, but rather a pressure offense team. This team revolves around the SR Arceus-Fairy + Xerneas core, which aims to have Arc-Fairy set rocks and pressure the opposing teams fairy checks like Magearna, Pdon and the like, Stone Edge and Fire Blast are slashed to deal with whichever you feel is more prevalent in your opp (Celesteela, Ferro, Scizor vs. Hooh). The rest of the team provides a lot of offensive pressure, BG yveltal being a great wallbreaker and provides a check to dm, and pdon + dm provide a really good sweeping core. Xerneas can clean up many games if played intelligently and scarf Xern is just insane rn. To see how the team is supposed to be played theres a ton of replays that I will link:

big s/os to MJ, Hamhamhamham, frisoeva and the other goons who helped me test and refine this team.

Sash spam HO

Tbh i d'ont really think this will get aprooved but i'll give it a shot. This team is based around the double sash core of rayquaza + Deoxys-A and i belive is a good HO for players beggining Ubers. The team is fairly simple to use, Excadrill is a dedicated suicide lead ,there to throw rocks up on the opposing side and most of the time keep rocks off the field for the focus sash's to function. After that it's just clicking to victory with 5 extremely powerfull mons. Ultra-necrozma suprises many people and can bait in one of the most promenant threats to my team, Yveltal. Arceus-Ground is arguably a top 5 mon on the Ubers ladder rn. Substitute lets you beat almost every stall team bar Coil-Zygarde stall and the sheer power of arceus just destroys most BO's. Mixed RP Primal-groudon is one of the most potent sweepers in the game. Fire blast cooks things such as Yveltal, Xerneas and DM-necrozma as well as having hp ice for general P-don counters such as Zygarde-Complete and salamence to some extent. Finally the two sash mons that act as wallbreakers and in rayquaza's case a sort of setup sweeper. Both are able to completely decimate unprepared teams and pretty much bythemselves beat opposing HO

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
https://pokepast.es/00eeeaa780c25dc0
this thread lacked a stall team so here it is. The team is pretty straightforward, gira-a + skarmory cover every hazard setters in the tier. Tyranitar checks yveltal/lunala/gengar/ho-oh and provides pursuit support. Blissey, Arceus-Ground and Ferrothorn were added in order to cover the other threats of the tier.
Other options:
-Stealth rock over toxic on arceus and spikes over stealth rock on ferrothorn is usable to get more offensive pressure (keep in mind that you can waste defog pp faster thanks to gira-a's pressure)
-more speed on Gira-a to outspeed uninvested necrozma DM while still being slower than most SR groudon)
-a slower arceus spread to improve the marshadow match up (mine is EV'd to outspeed yveltal)
-lum berry on tyra to get a better match up against will o wisp gengar

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/52fa889961c70eaf

this is the team that I built to use against Kyogref4n in snake draft. I had originally intended you use a different build that was sort of similar to this, but about 2 hours before the game I could not get over how good I thought physical ground was + rp don especially against a lot of his balance builds. So that is the route I took with this team. Sd ground essentially baits ho-oh which is one of the only things stopping don from sweeping once the game progresses and you properly chip the correct mons. the others sorta just sure up the team defensively, I do think that rocks ultra is a super underrated set it can bait a ton of mons and it acts as ho-oh bait for this team too. I might edit this description and go more in depth later but I kinda just wanted to post this so here it is :].

EG Jhonx Bulky Offense.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Protect

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment / Ice Beam

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Facade
I must say I really fell in love with that team. I play Arceus with Ice beam because it needs no STAB move for real... Been playing this now for serveral times, always won and just wanted to thank you for that master piece.

Rhmsitb

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Zygarde HO

This is an HO team that was built to beat most teams in the meta right now. It is very easy to use. Each mon covers eachother's weakness and can easily sweep if in the right circumstances. The match up against stall is fairly easy because of the combination of lead Excadrill which can get rocks up, poison something and keep rocks off 90% of the time, sub DD Zygarde that beats most stalls unless they are packing something like Buzzwole, and double dance Primal-Groudon that can heavily weaken any stall team after an SD. The matchup against bulky offense is also pretty simple of a matchup since most of the Xerneas answers in these teams are a bulky steel type and every other mon on the the team has a super effective move on thes bulky steel types, and even if xerneas doesn't sweep it can weaken the team enough for the other sweepers on the team to sweep. Hyper offense is one of the harder matchup's to face but it is far from impossible. excadrill usually beats deoxys-S, no team gets rocks up if the opponent has his own excadrill lead same for lead cloyster but the most important is to not let hazards up on your side of the field because sash marshadow is often the best way to beat other HO's because it stops at least one setup sweeper (most of the time 2) and can reverse sweep an unexpexting opponent. Arceus provides priority which can nab off one or two important KO's and the three other mons can often sweep depending on what pokemon the opponent has. Webs is tough to face too but excadrill makes it alot easier since it beats pretty much every smeargle lead and the other pokemon have enough power to break through the team however if the opponent sets up sticky web and then pivots out into a ghost type it gets a bit harder but if you can kill the ghost type with sash marshadow than it gets alot easier seeing as the sash on exadrill should still be intact and you could still spin away hazards

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Arceus @ Chople Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Endeavor
Yeah bro ik this is your one of the best teams.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Sorry for the lack of update regarding sample teams. But there's been a hold off due to the metagame development during snake draft and I've had little time to review all the teams posted in the given time frame. This update is gonna be more blunt than others as some teams posted are no longer reflective of the current metagame and I will be reviewing the sample teams as a whole over the next week or so with a new fresh update.
Sash spam HO

Tbh i d'ont really think this will get aprooved but i'll give it a shot. This team is based around the double sash core of rayquaza + Deoxys-A and i belive is a good HO for players beggining Ubers. The team is fairly simple to use, Excadrill is a dedicated suicide lead ,there to throw rocks up on the opposing side and most of the time keep rocks off the field for the focus sash's to function. After that it's just clicking to victory with 5 extremely powerfull mons. Ultra-necrozma suprises many people and can bait in one of the most promenant threats to my team, Yveltal. Arceus-Ground is arguably a top 5 mon on the Ubers ladder rn. Substitute lets you beat almost every stall team bar Coil-Zygarde stall and the sheer power of arceus just destroys most BO's. Mixed RP Primal-groudon is one of the most potent sweepers in the game. Fire blast cooks things such as Yveltal, Xerneas and DM-necrozma as well as having hp ice for general P-don counters such as Zygarde-Complete and salamence to some extent. Finally the two sash mons that act as wallbreakers and in rayquaza's case a sort of setup sweeper. Both are able to completely decimate unprepared teams and pretty much bythemselves beat opposing HO
View attachment 141171

https://pokepast.es/51c4c4d2589ab94d

Description
This team is simply a ho team which literally counters almost everything(anti-meta team). I got to the 3rd rank on the ladder with this team and i used it in fall seasonal and made to the fifth round. Here the main lead is deoxys s which sets up the rocks easily against groudon and yveltal which are basically main leads. Against groudon you can just use rocks first then taunt this works every time.Against yveltal use tw first then rocks. Against dm tw then rocks. Against xern ko first then rocks if it was scarfed or taunt if it was geo. Against arceus forms rocks then taunt. If the opponent has deo 's use sr then ko. Some of the counters of deo s are exadrill, cloyster and mega diancie. Start with arceus against mega diancie and against exa first ko then taunt then change to Mars. Against cloyster taunt ko then marshadow. Deoxys on his own can beat the ghosts with ko but try to use thunder wave, it'll make your sweep easier. Start with mega kangaskhan if the opponent has smeargle in the team use fake out without mega It'll break the sash of marsh if the opponent changes to it. Now after the set up of rocks send Kyurem-White against primal groudon, yveltal, arceus ground ice beam will OHKO them after ko damage. Send kangaskhan against dm, xerneas and arceus water and fairy it beats them every time.Basically kangaskhan and Kyurem-White kills the leads and hazard settlers and defoggers. After the rocks up send marshadow against hooh, it gets OHKOd by rock tomb.Marshadow will never let xerneas to set up geomency with poison jab +shadow sneak. Use skymin to beat marshadow, it will outspeed everything except priority moves.Whenever you get any chance(against cs yveltal,paralysed foes, groudon) set up sd on arceus then sweep. Avoid using sd against ho oh, mega gengar or kyogre and mega sableye because they make it useless or just kill it. Arceus at +4 attack can literally beat anything except faster ghosts and super bulky zygarde. Skymin is not useless even against stall, give healing wish to Kyurem-White or arceus and they will become double dangerous. Always change to the Kyurem-White against groudon and kangaskhan against dm if they are at full health. So this was the basic working of the team. Kyurem-White and maga kangaskhan are really broken pokemons.

Weaknesses
Now lets talk about the weaknesses of the team.Three pokemons can counter this team first one is mega sableye with chsnsey/blissey stall, second is shuckle with mental herb and the biggest weakness the marshadow. Marshadow can sweep this team.First weakness can be countered by starting with Kyurem-White against mega sableye and use focus blast the opponent will change to chansey /blissey and its health will be low enough to get koed by two ice beams. Shuckle has no counter but luckily only a few players uses this monster. Now the third and biggest counter of the team is marshadow . If the opponent starts with it just paralyse it. It will then be useless for the opponent. Skymin kills every marshadow. But it is a bit tricky to use. You can play kangaskhan +marshadow spam until it gets knocked out. So these are some ways of killing marshadow. Try to get rid of it as early as possible. I've pasted some replays which shows the working of the team.

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-815730486
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-814120625
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-814386436
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-788038905
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-804892465

This is my first post so I don't know how to write these posts.
First of all these kind of teams are not reflective of the metagame as a whole, while these offenses do serve purposes for laddering, they are simply not reflective of the metagame for the hyper offense archetypes, Excadrill / Deoxys-S are generally outclassed as suicide leads and lose the common lead matchups, I.e such as the Cloyster HO already featured and have a very rough matchup against Sticky Webs, furthermore these teams posted have notable offensive holes which can't be patched via proactive gameplay. Stealth Rock suicide leads simply don't cut it in the current metagame and durable rockers such as Groudon or Arceus's are much stronger options to consider on offense teams.

Standard Mega Gengar + Ho-Oh Balance

This is a standard team built around the potent status spam core of Mega Gengar + Ho-Oh. Similar to teams built previously by KyogreF4N and Zenithial, this team aims to capitalize on spreading status via Ho-Oh and then abusing status spam thanks to Mega Gengar. However, there are a few caveats on this team that helps differentiate itself from its predecessors. Most notably, Ferrothorn is implemented to better deal with most variants of Primal Kyogre, which is a threat that is particularly difficult for Mega Gengar + Ho-Oh Balances to deal with. Ferrothorn also runs Spikes and allows this team to spike stack rather well. Bullet Seed was run over Power Whip to better deal with Sub CM Primal Kyogre, which would otherwise beat any other variant of Ferrothorn. Zygarde-C serves as this teams primary physical wall and is capable of tanking boosted hits rather well thanks to Coil. Dragon Tail is run over Glare so that Zygarde-C is not trapped by Gothitelle and allows it to phaze out opposing mons and rack up Spike damage. A Defensive Primal Groudon set best fit this team as it did not have a reliable way to deal with Geomancy Xerneas. Thus, Roar was opted for over Toxic and this allows the team to have another way to phaze out opposing mons and rack up even more Spike damage. Lastly, Scarf Xerneas paired excellently with Mega Gengar and served as a great way to revenge kill certain threats like Zygarde-C and Marshadow, while still serving as a cleric and a defogger. Grass Knot was run to have a better match up against SD Groundceus, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Overall, while this team lacks immediate raw power, it has the ability to set up multiple layers of hazards in the form of Spikes and Stealth Rock and quickly rack up damage to the opposition thanks to various phazing moves. Mega Gengar, Ho-Oh, and even Ferrothorn can spread status moves across the opposing team thus powering up Mega Gengar's Hex and netting multiple KOs at a time.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Bullet Seed

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Roar

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
Rejected

This team can potentially fold quickly to the hazards game and serves very passive as a balance team. A restructured Ho-Oh Balance team that features a support Arceus as a reliable defogger would bring a lot of great support to this team. This team forces reactive play quite considerably with a Zygarde that is assigned to handle most physical threats and the weight of the team on its shoulders, the pressure of hazards and unreliable defoggers is simply too much, causing the team to be easily exploited as the user is forced to fold Zygarde vs any competent breaker such as CM Lunala or SD Rocks Groudon.

Wanted to share this balance which has given me and some other people good results. S/o Trap on his help with this.

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Atk / 56 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Curse
- Recover

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Rest
- Dragon Tail

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Blissey @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Confide

EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 148 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Giratina @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Defog
- Toxic
- Rest

Alright so this balance features the underrated Life Orb Curse Ho-Oh set, which can be a really dangerous offensive presence vs the current ubers meta, while being at +1 is like having a choice band unlocked Ho Oh. Ho-Oh runs enough bulk to let it tank hits and setup, or just hit hard. Zygarde + Giratina provide a physically defensive walling core for the team, while Blissey + Ferro are used to check the special threats. Coil on Zygarde can give you a late game win con, while dragon tail helps with phazing some threats for the team. CM Groundceus is here to offer the team another offensive presence while at the same time help vs some mons that can be annoying such as Yveltal. In general i believe this is a well structured balance, which can deal against any playstyle you are matched up depending how you approach the game each time, but does have some issues. Marshadow can be a pain. While the LO set can be dealt with Ho-Oh + Zyg combo (scouting for 4th move Hp ice / Rock tomb), the Z Bulk Up set can be a trouble to face. Ho-Oh can take an unboosted Z from marsh, but at +1 marsh pretty much gets a kill with Z. Then Zygarde can Dragon Tail and it ceases to be an issue. Another similar scenario is Z Ultra necro at +2, which can get a kill but then you can play around it.
Pending - A full decision on this team has not been reached. The threat of Ultra Necromza to completely break through this team is very high. Aside from this, this team has almost every requirement for a ho-oh balance team, TBD.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Sticky Web

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 76 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Mild Nature
- Eruption
- Rock Tomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Precipice Blades

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Heat Wave

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Dragon Pulse

During the winter ssnl i built a diancie webs team inspired by the concept of the glalie webs that Thimo used against Kf4n in open finals, the idea is to use explosion to block defog. My take was that diancie was better for this because it gives you an anti lead to mons like yvel, gar, and opposing web setters. This team is a bit different from the original version that i used that seasonal but i think that it is also a bit better. Dawn wings gives you a spin blocker so that exca offense does not cause as many issues, and modest z is pretty much a nuke to everything. I made don special as opposed to physical because i find that it prevents defog better than sd does. Personally at this point and time i find any webs without Diancie to just be a bit underwhelming as it leads to issues against other offense builds and 50/50s with mons like gar. Diancie also affords you to run taunt glare smeargle which i find to be far better than nuzzle overall. Another great advantage to diancie is its ability to rock against sab stall and generally keep them up rather well as ho-oh cannot fog on it and in many cases the arcs on those teams is darkceus.
Accepted

Despite the multiple posts by the user, this team should be accepted, so it will be accepted, to encourage the development of the metagame, however the final version of the team will feature, a set of Mixed Swords Dance Groudon to provide a more proficient wallbreaker that this team requires, Sucker Punch is also vital to improve the matchup against Mega Gengar, Necrozma-Ultra / Necrozma-DM, Jolly Arceus and a +Speed Ultra Necrozma.

This team will replace the current Sticky Web Sample team.

https://pokepast.es/6c1085dfde33884d

Description: the team is built around Mmy with hazard support from ferro and toxapex, darkceus takes care of ghost and dark types such as lunala and yveltal, Dusk mane is the stall breaker/xern check and Band Ho-oh/CM Mmy go ham with hazards up
Rejected

While the concept of the team is there, this team struggles way too much against Rock Polish Groudon variants to be featured as a sample team, with this concept, a team featuring MMY with a defensive staple of Giratina-O + Toxapex could definitely be considered to be featured in samples and is a route worth considering for this type of build.

Goodbye.

https://pokepast.es/39116b2ab73be921

Offensive team formed in one of my favorites, Marshadow. The strategy was taking z move to take better Spikes by Klefki and SR Pdon. Bulk Mence with Defog to not be so weak to sticky match up. Facade as a contact to fit all kinds of status. Ground Ceus CM with Thunder for Water Ceus / Kyogre / Yveltal / Steela or Ho-Oh. In this way I cover a lot. Xerneas Geo + power herb bulk fits very well here since with the boost in the same turn it relies well on the hazards. There are possible / small changes like Rock Tomb for Toxic in pdon or Foul Play for twave in klefki.
Borderline reject, this is quite a good team, however the choice of a CM Arceus Ground is not optimal here, whether-as Chople SD Extreme Killer Arceus is the optimal choice for this team, to alleviate some issues this team could potentially face., Klefki is easily overloaded and additional support against opposing Geomancy Xerneas would be appreciated, this would also allow you to run a faster and more offensive Primal Groudon set to take advantage of the offensive nature of the team.

https://pokepast.es/d2fbc2525f7ab147

A team I made during the summer ssnl It is essentially a modified version of the Chinese flagship but with Tr dusk over ditto and some set changes Ive seen a lot of people use it so I figured I would post it here. I feel like it can pretty much win in any mu if piloted correctly would def try it out if you want.
https://pokepast.es/77d678be577a7bc0

Sorry if this isn't how you properly submit something I just have no clue how to do these things.
Accepted

Both users posted the same 6 Pokemon, however Zesty43's team on the team is slightly more optimised, Sash Marshadow brings little benefit to the team, arguably CM + 3 Attacks Kyogre is more optimal here too and Arceus-Fairy absolutely needs to be faster than Mega Lucario and will be in the featured sample team - both users will be credited for the submission.
https://pokepast.es/52fa889961c70eaf

this is the team that I built to use against Kyogref4n in snake draft. I had originally intended you use a different build that was sort of similar to this, but about 2 hours before the game I could not get over how good I thought physical ground was + rp don especially against a lot of his balance builds. So that is the route I took with this team. Sd ground essentially baits ho-oh which is one of the only things stopping don from sweeping once the game progresses and you properly chip the correct mons. the others sorta just sure up the team defensively, I do think that rocks ultra is a super underrated set it can bait a ton of mons and it acts as ho-oh bait for this team too. I might edit this description and go more in depth later but I kinda just wanted to post this so here it is :].
This team is too weak to Kyogre to be featured as a sample team, too many Pokemon invite it in for free and can be overwhelming to deal with.

sand balance

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Giratina @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

EVs: 248 HP / 68 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

This team is built around sub tox glisc. The idea is that glisc is able to spread status around the opposing team while also being annoying with sub taunt shenanigans. obviously with being weak to hex gar because of toxic orb the team needed a pursuit trapper, and tyranitar was the perfect fit as it also added a flying resist. next arc ground made a lot of sense to immediately pressure don too as acting as a Mence and zyg check. Of course now with these 3 mons there was a glaring ogre weakness so ferro was added, and to try and abuse spikes Bw shuffle gira was opted for. Now at this point the team looked to function as a hazard spam phasing team where the primary offense pressure was hazards and glisc could act as a stall breaker then. So last it made sense to add exca as it gave hazard removal which was optimal for the team but also acts as a form of speed control in the sand.
Gliscor is unviable in ubers, nor is this team not representative of the metagame, it is simply too hard for newer players to pilot to feature as a sample team.

OK, so since my open run just ended I thought it would be appropriate to post the best team I have built in USM that got me to that point.

ESM HO:
Yveltal @ Black Glasses
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch / Knock Off
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt / Knock Off
- U-turn

EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Autotomize
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Fire Blast / Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 236 SpA / 132 SpD / 140 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Rock Tomb

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder
- Moonblast

This is a team my friends and I lovingly refer to as "ESM HO" despite it not being a true HO team, but rather a pressure offense team. This team revolves around the SR Arceus-Fairy + Xerneas core, which aims to have Arc-Fairy set rocks and pressure the opposing teams fairy checks like Magearna, Pdon and the like, Stone Edge and Fire Blast are slashed to deal with whichever you feel is more prevalent in your opp (Celesteela, Ferro, Scizor vs. Hooh). The rest of the team provides a lot of offensive pressure, BG yveltal being a great wallbreaker and provides a check to dm, and pdon + dm provide a really good sweeping core. Xerneas can clean up many games if played intelligently and scarf Xern is just insane rn. To see how the team is supposed to be played theres a ton of replays that I will link:

big s/os to MJ, Hamhamhamham, frisoeva and the other goons who helped me test and refine this team.
Rejected

while this team is good in practice, it struggles against Kyogre and gets taken advantage out of by mega Gengar considerably, offensive variants of Dusk Mane can also pose a good potential to sweep in the mid/late game

https://pokepast.es/00eeeaa780c25dc0
this thread lacked a stall team so here it is. The team is pretty straightforward, gira-a + skarmory cover every hazard setters in the tier. Tyranitar checks yveltal/lunala/gengar/ho-oh and provides pursuit support. Blissey, Arceus-Ground and Ferrothorn were added in order to cover the other threats of the tier.
Other options:
-Stealth rock over toxic on arceus and spikes over stealth rock on ferrothorn is usable to get more offensive pressure (keep in mind that you can waste defog pp faster thanks to gira-a's pressure)
-more speed on Gira-a to outspeed uninvested necrozma DM while still being slower than most SR groudon)
-a slower arceus spread to improve the marshadow match up (mine is EV'd to outspeed yveltal)
-lum berry on tyra to get a better match up against will o wisp gengar
Pending

whether a stall team should be featured or not in the current state of the metagame, due to the viability of the playstyle and finding a solid stall team can prove very challenging and would need to be explored more to make a final decision on this team.

-------

Once again I would like to apologise for the inactivity of the thread and my busy schedule will improve in the upcoming days. I hope I have provided sufficient feedback to everyone and I appreciate the patience for the time provided to evaluate all the posted sample teams and expect another update in about a weeks time to the existing sample teams and whether future sample teams will continue to be accepted, as we will have a good volume of metagame representative teams for a considerable amount of time.

Feel free to submit teams in the meantime!

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
As promised, another update to the sample teams:

Firstly, Zesty43 has joined the team!

Furthermore, a newly added team:

Standard CM Kyogre Bulky Offense

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 248 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 32 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

Arceus @ Chople Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Aromatherapy
- Defog

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Reasoning:
This is generally accepted as an extremely standard metagame build throughout the generation, obtaining multiple successes in tournaments and has been constantly revised by multiple top players in the metagame, it is a generic Kyogre + DD mega Salamence bulky offense and arguably the most effective static 6 pokemon of the archetype, which is why it will feature as a sample team, the original builder is unknown, but this team should be featured as a sample team and won't be credited to any player. The choice of sets have been optimised for the current metagame.

Moving forward

I feel the samples team thread should still evaluate sample teams until the beginning of the new year (date subject to change) or until the criteria and volume of sample teams is more than satisfied. There are still archetypes that me and the team are still looking for to populate and optimise the sample teams thread, so feel free to submit any teams you wish.

As for the types of teams that will be accepted, the answer is any metagame representative archetype that the user wishes to submit, but in particular the following structures/archetypes are especially what we are looking for at the moment:

• Any variant of metagame representative stall, a Gothitelle weak stall will be acceptable since the viability and usage of Gothitelle are not really reflective, so a team that covers metagame relevant threats such as Ultra Necrozma, Kyogre, Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon etc are what we are looking for. (subject to a team being built internally)
  • Hazard stack balance / Bulky offenses such as Ferrothorn spikes or Zygarde + Toxapex T-Spikes
  • Dual Ghost offense / bulky offense such as Marshadow + Mega Gengar
Once again, if your team does not fit the above structure/archetype don't be afraid to submit it, provided it is metagame representative and solid enough, it may replace current sample teams which are proven to be outdated or just accepted and made as an addition to the collection of teams.

Last edited:
Mega Gengar Bulky offense

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Fire

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 144 HP / 156 Atk / 56 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Claw

EVs: 252 HP / 134 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

It's nothing complicated or anything new because all the sets that's included in this team is well known by everyone and that's not too hard to use. The team is built with an intention of making it User Friendly, so it can be used by the people who are new to the current Ubers metagame. So without talking too much, lets get into the team.

This team was originally built around SD Stealth Rock Primal Groudon as it stands out as a unique set for a bulky offensive team since it can throw some hazards on the enemy side as well as it can pressure defensive opponents who confront Groudon just to remove or prevent the hazards. Such examples are the defensive Arceus formes and Giratina-O which confronts Groudon but they can be pressured by Swords Dance. This particular Groudon set can easily threaten the opposing Stall teams easily, giving more opportunities for the rest of the team to proceed without any lag. Although, if Groudon fails to pressure the opponents, Xerneas comes in and pressures the opposing team so it can be an advantage for Groudon to have a backup like this. Xerneas is a monster set-up sweeper, truly defining how an offensive team should be. Xerneas can sweep up all the opposing Dark types. So the core as of now is weak to physically powerful Pokemon's, so what comes in our mind is the opposing Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh. And since Xerneas can be put down by Mega Lucario, the team needed a solid check for both Groudon and Lucario while also dealing with Ho-Oh. So Arceus-Ground, with the given EV that's enough to outspeed a full speed Groudon, while the rest EV is invested in the defensive side to tank physical attacks, is good but there's a major change i.e. Stone Edge instead of Ice Beam, to damage the opposing Ho-Oh and to pressure it out of the game. Since the team now can handle Ho-Oh, It can have a spin-blocker as well as a taunt user. Mega Gengar was filled in the slot as it is a perfect Pokemon for the team to pressure the Stall with further power as well as it is a trapper that removes a Pokemon which troubles the team, given that it has good speed to taunt the opponent as well as to use Destiny Bond first. Also, it can throw some damage here and there, as it has good damaging power. Now, the team has filled up with four slots with solid sets and combinations. Now the team is pretty much weak to Fairy and Psychic types, and these two types are very common too. When it comes to Fairy types, Xerneas is the main threat when it comes to Ubers. Necrozma-DM checks Xerneas while providing much support to the team as a Steel type, and with its physical offensive power, it can slay down the opposing team and create a winning path along with the teammates. With our Arceus-Ground running Stone Edge instead of Ice Beam and the rise of Psychic pokemon's in the tier, Yveltal with Scarf is added, achieving speed and becoming a threat to the opposing Psychics and beating Mega Salamence with Foul Play (a secondary check). Yveltal can outspeed Marshadow and beat it with Oblivion Wing.

That's how the whole team has its combinations that covered each other checks. I hope the team works for the people, if they use it right. I personally don't care if the team is added to the thread with changes applied in it. I just wanted to dedicate a team for this thread. I hope this team will be added to the thread.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/6d4953e43a7f8588

Description: This team is built around CM Lunala, which is a very exceptional wallbreaker that heavily pressures bulkier teams with its great Ghost typing and offensive stats. Stallbreaker Yveltal is a another great team option which allows it to check certain Arceus forms, and opposing Ghost types and Dark types, namely Mega Gengar, Lunala, Yveltal, and Marshadow to an extent. Primal Groudon is there to set rocks to allow lunala to pick up ohkos or 2hkos and it also packs rock tomb for namely Ho-oh. Ferrothorn acts as a check to Primal Kyogre, the majority of support Arceus formes, and Scarf Xerneas. It's also one of the few mons in the tier that carries Spikes, which is again crucial for Lunala to pick ohkos/2hkos. Scarf Xerneas is there to offer a fast Defog to remove entry hazards, and can absorb status and cleric them with Aromatherapy. Last but not least we have Arceus Water to check Primal Groudon, Dusk Mane, Ho-oh, Arceus Ground, Zygarde, Mega Salamence, and Mega Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)