UU USM UU Ladder Tournament - Playoffs [Won by CBU]

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
approved by the UU forum moderation team
the OP was stolen from Ark
the banner was made by me

Welcome to the Playoffs portion of the USM UnderUsed Ladder Tournament! Now that we have reached the second stage, the 16 people who have qualified in the 4 laddering cycles will face off against each other in Best-of-Three sets in an attempt to emerge victorious.

Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard SM UU.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • SM cartridge win conditions are in place, there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
The seeding after the last cycle is as follows:

1. Carmin 1849
  2. Pierrick 1837
  3. SilvioGuacamole 1828
  4. Bebo 1823
  5. pokeisfun 1840
  6. Rexus 1836
  7. CBU 1836
  8. Kebab mlml 1828
  9. RedEmption 1825
  10. Xiri 1823
  11. tormented 1823
  12. Ktütverde 1818
  13. FUMA HI-FI 1811
  14. Pradhaaan 1805
  15. Mysil 1798
  16. soTsoT 1792
From this, we get the following pairings:

Round 1

1 Carmin
vs 16 soTsoT
2 Pierrick
vs 15 Mysil
3 SilvioGuacamole
vs 14 Pradhaaan
4 Bebo
vs 13 FUMA HI-FI
5 pokeisfun
vs 12 Ktütverde
6 Rexus
vs 11 tormented
7 CBU
vs 10 Xiri
8 Kebab mlml
vs 9 RedEmption

(I have re-checked it like a thousand times but accidents happen so let me know if I did anything wrong)

The deadline is May 5th but feel free to ask extensions because of UUPL.

Good luck to all participants and I hope you all have fun playing!

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Heya, I'm gonna take a stab at predicts for last 16, but take them with a pinch of salt as I'm only really aware of the skill level of 4/5 of these guys. Hopefully this'll get easier as the rounds go along. Let's get into it!

Carmin (45) vs (55) soTsoT: I feel like I've seen Carmin on ladder a lot and he seems pretty competent, and he qualified first so that's definitely something. However soTsoT has had decent results recently in BW RU cup and PULT, and while he I don't think he has as much experience in this tier as Carmin I see him as a more solid player and expect him to pull through, as long as he gets decent teams.

Pierrick (51) vs (49) Mysil: I don't think I've come across either of these guys so I have like 0 confidence in this prediction but Pierrick qualified higher and he qualified with one of my teams? So brownie points for that I guess? Honestly don't have a clue.

Bebo (45) vs (55) FUMA HI-FI: HELLO THIS IS A MATCHUP OML we have RU Open finalist and returning UU 'mainer' Beboat against a literal pokemon deity (at least if you listen to viv) and this should be a great series. Both players are gonna get gassed hard going into this and should have plenty of support, but I’m giving a small edge to FUMA here based off his UU Open run. I better catch this live.

pokeisfun (60) vs (40) Ktütverde: another highlight matchup here between longtime UU mainstay pif and PU main Ktüt, who I’m glad to see popping up in UU. pif is going to have no shortage of building support from his... friends... and it’ll be interesting to see if Ktüt can overcome the building problems pif poses. However, Ktüt has had decent success elsewhere and his playing ceiling is definitely high enough to take on pif, so if he can throw pif off in the builder he has a chance here

Rexus (55) vs (45) tormented: Honestly not a clue here like tormented has 8 messages gimme something to work with ;_; Anyway apparently he’s a old ladder goon, and Rexus qualified with stall and plays PU? Maybe? Idrk about this one so Rexus has a badge so takes it lmaoo idk

CBU (75) vs (25) Xiri: CBU is my early pick to take the whole tour, and Xiri shouldn’t pose too many problems here. He’s a tour room goon iirc and relatively competent across the board, but CBU started UUPL with a bang and I expect him to take this relatively comfortably. He'll have a wide variety of teams from UUPL to draw from, too, and it'd be nice to see him branch out a bit but he's so damn good at what he does it's hard to complain.

Kebab mlml (45) vs (55) RedEmption: Two non-UU mainers face off in what is possibly the tightest matchup of this round of 16. French poketuber RedEmption will be looking to bounce back after a slightly disappointing individual performance over SPL (although he did get a red so :blobshrug:) while kebab has historically played a little bit more UU, but both are coming in as non-mainers. Going with Red here simply because of his superior overall success on smogon but I’m higher on kebab than most and I can see him taking this.

Best of luck to everyone, thank god the laddering part is over :bloblul: Also Pradhaaan please can you contact me either here or preferably discord (SilvioGuacamole#4654), you limit who can post on your wall and my availability isn’t great this week. Thanks :))

Edit: We play on Sunday at 2:30 pm GMT - 4

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
Following the start of Mega Sableye's suspect test as seen here, I just wanted to announce that Mega Sableye will still be banned from UULT at least until after the suspect test (depends on the test's result). Don't try to bring it.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Replays are public as far as I know, I'll post them if pif doesn't.

otherwise I wanted to say grats pif, and gl everyone else, i'll probably won't stick around UU any longer, maybe return in gen8 who knows. I also wanted to share my two teams although they were made in 20mins each, if someone knows how to improve them I would be immensely grateful to you:)
Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Fire Fang

Rotom-Heat @ Firium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Psychic

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 184 HP / 236 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Infernape @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Whimsicott @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- Taunt
- Memento
- Moonblast

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Donphan @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Fire Fang
- Rapid Spin

see ya!

CBU

Banned deucer.
Due to unfortunate circumstances when it comes to scheduling, me and Xiri will be playing the upcoming weekend. My apologies for milking the "no hard deadline thing" but i was/will be out of town from thursday to monday and my opponent cannot play weekdays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)