Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Echoed Voice

So I was talking up this bad boy a bit on Discord when it was released and didn't really think it would do much other than meme a bit here and there. Upon further testing and inspection I've decided that Liquid Voice on Primarina alongside Echoed Voice + Metronome is a viable wall breaker in the meta. For example, max power Echoed Voice does 90% minimum to standard Blissey, the best Blissey can do in return is Toxic, after which stall really has no switch-ins. Another example that I can think of is Metronome + Moonblast being able to 1v1 Mantine and threaten bulky offence builds.

This set plays similarly to Choice Specs Primarina but with the added benefit of letting you switch moves, for instance, being able to KO an Amoonguss thinking it can come in on a choice locked Primarina is amazing. Of course, losing the sheer power of Choice Specs from the get go is a pain in the ass, but I find the added value of being able to trouble stall builds quite handy.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-718318684

I would like to introduce you a Blisses Set, which I've used to some success.

Blissey @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter / Seismic Toss / Stealth Rocks / Aromatherapy / Wish

1. Even without defensive investment, Blissey walls speciall offensive 'mons without boosting moves.
M-Manectric, Scarf-Lati (Trick/Psyshock), Scarf-Chandelure (Trick), Gengar, Hydreigon, Nidoking.

2. This is the main sellingpoint. Blissey outspeeds + has a high chance to OHKO non-Fullspeed Scizor, which usually U-Turn or SD on your expected switch.
252 SpA Expert Belt Blissey Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Scizor: 336-398 (97.9 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

3. Blissey OHKO's or heavly damages Gliscor on switchin.
252 SpA Expert Belt Blissey Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 204+ SpD Gliscor: 298-355 (84.6 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal

These are the main reason, why I use SpAtk Blissey. You can play Fireblast+Modest > Flamethrower if u want to hit harder and OHKO things like offensive Cobalion; also kills Pre-Mega Altaria on Switchin witch Icebeam. 4th slot provides various coverage. Counter is to much of a gimmick to be part of my argumentation. It does a fair amount to pursuiting Muk, if you have a reliable Switchin that keeps ur opponent away from clicking Knock/Gunk Shot. (allready toxiced Gliscor as example)

Have a good day friends

Last edited:
I have a set that can be useful for stall builds its called Calm Mind Blissey
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
This blissey set capitalizes on what blissey is best at walling special attackers. This allows blissey to fight back and makes it even tankier. You may say that vincune outclasses this set but vincune has a hard time keeping its sub and blissey doesnt need one. This blissey set can setup on anything that cant touch bliss which is quite alot. This blissey set works on stall semistall and possibly BO playstyles. This works great with wish support even though blissey usually is the wish support.
I dont have any replays RIP
I may be able to help you, though it isn't your exact set I do have a replay of Calm mind Blissey doing some work. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-714775006

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

Swampert @ Icium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Ice Punch

Before I start, 120% credit to Ark because this is a set he created a long time ago. So if this gets added to archives you should put it under Arks name. Anyway I initially learned this set from my boy Sage, this set is his take on Arks set so credit to both of them. It is able to knock out Gliscor, deals massive damage to Serperior and all Dragon-types, and is a great lure in general with the ability to knock out scizor with Counter. It’s a heater set that has getting more usage that I’ve seen between the select few who know about it. It functions the same as regular pert aside from the fact that it can eliminate the aformentioned threats and amoongus with ease, when it normally can’t. With less physical bulk it struggles more against physical attackers like Scizor and Infernape.

4 Atk Swampert Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 228-270 (78.3 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Swampert Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 360-428 (102.2 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Poison Heal
4 Atk Swampert Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 238-282 (78.8 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Swampert Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 238-282 (73.2 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Latias @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

CM Bolt-Team + Psyshock Latias is an amazing anti-fat core in Underused. It can tears apart a lot of Bulky Pokemon/Core after only 1 CM.
Gigavoc Havoc is a nuke that can OHKO Pokemon like Cobalion, Empoleon, Scizor after only 1 Calm Mind.

Gigavoc Havoc Calcs :

+1 252 SpA Latias Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 323-380 (94.1 - 110.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Latias Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Cobalion: 350-412 (108.3 - 127.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Latias Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 180+ SpD Empoleon: 408-480 (109.6 - 129%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Latias Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 430-506 (106.4 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Latias Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 318-376 (85.2 - 100.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Ice Beam Calcs :

252 SpA Latias Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 192-226 (59 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Latias Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 140-166 (46.3 - 54.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Latias Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 204+ SpD Gliscor: 316-376 (89.7 - 106.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
+1 252 SpA Latias Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 176 SpD Hippowdon: 276-326 (65.7 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Replays :

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-731888268
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-731858142

Nature (Roserade) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpA / 88 SpD / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

I was looking for a defensive Grass-type with some offensive presence and I came up with this. Roserade is in my opinion very underestimated and deserves a place in UU (even more now that Amoonguss is gone). It's a consistent switch-in to Hippo, Breloom, Azu locked on a stab, and many more top threats of the tier, so it's fairly easy to bring on the field. Once Nature is in the place, it threatens almost everything that's not called Blissey, because even mons resisting Giga Drain (namely Latias) wont appreciate getting poisoned on Sludge Bomb. Technician-boosted HP Fire gets rid of Scizor and severely dents Steel-types.
And Nature also sets up Spikes, which is always useful. I highly recommend this mon but of course you're free to adapt the set and the spread (the one here outspeeds Primarina).

Last edited:
Talonflame @ Ganlon Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz/Roost

Maybe it's gimmicky, I don't know. It switches in to Scizor well and has a chance to burn then. It can usually set up on Gliscor and OHKO with Natural Gift. And then you're at +2 with Acro. You just have to take care of scarfers.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
gengar @ life orb
ability: cursed body
252 spa / 4 spd / 252 spe
timid nature
-wisp
-hex

-sludge wave
-who fucking cares just click hex

do you hate it when people mindlessly switch in gliscor and you can’t do shit because shadow ball doesn’t do shit and you don’t wanna run icy wind? well, worry not for you can now spread some pesky burns and proceed to obliterate shit at a cheap price of 10% health! as an added bonus, gliscor even does its job for you by poisoning itself!

Gengar Hex (130 BP) vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 239-282 (67.8 - 80.1%)
Gengar Hex (130 BP) vs. 244 HP / 76 SpD Gliscor: 320-376 (90.9 - 106.8%)

do you also hate it when muk traps your sorry ass as well? welp, i hate to break it to ya buddy but i can’t help ya there :\

Last edited:
1525118193962.png

Gourgeist-Small @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 96 SpA / 116 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Skill Swap/Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

My main motivation to come up with this set was the fact that Breloom is such a discussed mon atm and there are many complaints that outside of celebi (ok plume and venu too) there are no real safe switchins. I dont wanna repeat whats already said on the other forum about loom, i consider myself pretty neutral regarding it. Since i rly like offensive teambuilds i never had too many problems with loom, but i understand that defensive teambuilds have a hard time dealing with it.

So i know this mon isnt gonna be the next "z-belch hydreigon", but that was never my intention. My intention was to find a creative mon/set that can switch into loom regardless of its set. This set pretty much covers the standard sash loom set, lo orb loom set with 3 attacks and the pheal set. It deals with some scizor sets (u ohko banded scizor with fireblast) and it can handle some gliscor sets too (sd facade set if u run skill swap). You can use willo instead of skill swap to catch some a-muks or m-aeros on the switch in, since pursuit users are often paired with loom.

Calcs:

- 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 48+ Def Gourgeist-Small: 96-117 (30.6 - 37.3%) -- approx. 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Rock Tomb vs. 248 HP / 48+ Def Gourgeist-Small: 103-122 (32.9 - 38.9%) -- 10.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

- 96 SpA Gourgeist-Small Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 180-212 (68.9 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

- Worst case scenario: you face an adamant lo loom, u switch geist in and loom sets up a sd. If it gets 5 hits it could ko you. So since fb would only be a 2hitko you use skill swap and without technician it never ko's you even at +2 with 5 hits.

Pls dont mind any grammar mistakes, since english isnt my first language.

Have a good one! :]

Last edited:
Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

this turns infernape, an already good set up sweeper, and abuses its access to slack off. defensive nape is super unpredictable, allowing it to handle physical attackers like mienshao, non lum berry haxo, etc. the 8 speed evs let me outspeed jolly breloom

wuhoodude

Goodbye Bewear
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Bewear @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Taunt

This isn't your ordinary bear. Bewear itself is an underrated mon, but it has so much going on for it. This bewear set utilizes its bulk and longevity to break through stall. While the common Z-move bewear is able to break through stall as well, this set is able to accomplish the same thing without using a z-move slot for the team. The downside to the Z-move set is that it is a one time use. Quagsire isn't even ohkoed from full and can just recover off the damage. This bewear set is able to 1v1 quagsire. If quagsire decides to try and burn bewear, facade turns bewear into a deadly wallbreaker. The speed on this set is enough for alomomola, but enough speed for crawdaunt can also be run. Though with this hp, psychic fangs is only a 3hko from Mega-Sharpedo. With its bulk, this bewear set is still able to put in work vs non-stall teams.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Yanmega @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Speed Boost
EVS: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Atk
Rash Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Endure
- Reversal

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-745992602
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-747545243

got me to 1700 ELO so can't be that bad, right? :^)

basically, Endure sets up on pretty much every traditional yanmega check / counter (Aero, Nihilego, scarf ape vs +1, mega mane, raikou, ice fang / fire fang hippo / Krook, rhyperior), weakness policy gives you the +2 for bug buzz / air slash to sweep everything except for steels and blissey, who die to reversal. You have to remove priority first and weaken some bulkmons, but otherwise it's a pretty reliable win con.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
1526361771856.png

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam

Bulky Scarf Wish Togekiss. All the bulk of Togekiss, all the hair pulling madness of Serene Grace Air Slash, and even some support with Wish in one set.
The truth is, Togekiss doesn't actually need special attack investment to do it's thing as a Choice Scarfer, similar to Landorus-Therian in Overused. It still flinches shit to death just maybe in one more hit. It still cooks Scizor with Flamethrower. It still kills most shit weak to Dazzling Gleam. But now it takes hits almost as well as bulkier variants of the fat egg bird, and Bullet Punch aside it's one of the most priority proof Choice Scarfers in the tier, not even coming close to being 2HKOed by Banded Adamant Crawdaunt's Aqua Jet. Even Scizor's Bullet Punch won't come close to killing unless it's Banded, and even that is a roll in your favor without Rocks.
Wish is what gives this set an entirely new dimension in terms of options as it can be used in synergy with the EV spread to support balanced teams that also need some kind of revenge killer, and it just works on Togekiss due to the switches it forces.
Some of Togekiss's best partners are in fact Steel types lacking in reliable recovery such as Empoleon, Cobalion, Mega Aggron, and Mega Steelix, and this set compliments them extraordinarily well without having to go full support, and may even bluff some kind of support set in the early game for a nasty surprise later.

Unfortunately these are all the replays I managed to scrounge up for now and they fail to show use of Wish but I have had a game where a late game Wish into Cobalion saved the game that I regret not saving, and in general shouldn't be anywhere near your most used move on this set anyway.
Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-747591441 Toge even with no SAtk investment is stupid
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-745998244 this dude left really early but all its meant to showcase is that Toge still has power to 2HKO offensive threats neutrally
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-746342545 Toge doin its thing again against Latias
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-747579993 Toge being a bulky pos

Last edited:

Magneton @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Electrium Z Magneton is a pretty underrated lure.
You actually don't need Hidden power [Fire] thanks to Gigavolt Havoc which allows you to run Hidden Power [Grass] which hurts Swampert and Quagsire.

252 SpA Magneton Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 152 HP / 12 SpD Scizor: 321-378 (100.6 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Magneton Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 180+ SpD Empoleon: 410-486 (110.2 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Magneton Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Aggron-Mega: 225-265 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Aggron-Mega: 117-138 (34.1 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

(The roll on Aggron-Mega with Thunderbolt + Gigavolt Havoc is : 99.6 - 117.4 which is 93.8% chance to OHKO )

252 SpA Magneton Hidden Power Grass vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Swampert: 268-316 (66.8 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Magneton Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 352-416 (89.3 - 105.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

This set helps a lot some teammates like Altaria-Mega, SD Scizor (cuz' you lure Quagsire) and some stuff like Nihilego and CM Latias w/ Recover.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
blastoise @ blastoisinite
ability: who gives a fuck --> mega launcher
252 spA, rest in hp/speed
modest nature
-water spout
-water pulse
-dark pulse
-aura sphere/ice beam

very underrated 4 attacks modest blastoise set that straight up takes advantage of all the slow shit in this tier; get this thing in on something like Scizor and chances are you just blow through something if opponent isn't running primarina, mega altaria or memeass shiinotic. water spout basically blows through anything that doesn't resist it and even shit like mega altaria and dreigon are taking a solid 50% on the switch. water pulse because gotta have a backup water stab at low hp. dark pulse is self explanatory. aura sphere because fuck empoleon, but if you have like 4 diff things that can bop pengu, ice beam is fine too.

need hazard control? well put it on something else.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Here are two sets I adopted from other people:
1528680168768.png

Serperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse

I noticed Kink using an AV set so I assume we are probably running similar or identical sets. Basically, the extra boost from AV gives you two big benefits - protection from special revenge killers and ease of setting on on special attackers. You really don't need Leech Seed to beat Blissey (although Muk and Moltres are now much bigger problems) because you can just barrel through it still. Plus, the extra moveslots let you target Dragons much more easily and have another reliable Grass move, good for PP like against Suicune and more reliable in general.

Here are some important calcs:

252 SpA Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Serperior: 164-194 (56.3 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Pidgeot-Mega Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Serperior: 258-306 (88.6 - 105.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Manectric-Mega Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Serperior: 204-240 (70.1 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Latias Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Serperior: 198-234 (68 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These calcs show that none of them can switch in on Serperior's Leaf Storm and win reliably even though people often try to do just that. They also have big trouble revenging a +2 Serperior because Dragon Pulse's great coverage.

Here is a replay of it doing work: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-760444476

My position was already good, but being able to send in Serperior vs Kyurem on turn 16 because Assault Vest shielded me from the OHKO meant my position was near winning as long as I hit the Leaf Storm, which I did. A last note is that you can bluff Z Hyperbeam to some extent, which is funny when they try to bait in a Z move only for you to get more free damage or even a free boost.

1528680206153.png

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

Anyone who is a regular ladder player and gets to around 1300 or so probably has faced papagoi before. Although he doesn't use the forums as far as I know, he's an exceptionally creative player who often uses variations of the same 6 Pokemon, usually with very favorable match ups versus stall. He tends to use more HP and less speed on most of his Kommo-o but this set is fine for starters. Basically nothing except Fairies wall you (although nearly all Fairies do totally counter you). And you have plenty of utility on offensive teams because of the good bulk, letting you counter Scizor and Stakataka and Breloom for example if needed, or at least check them.

Frankly Kommo-o itself is one of the most, if not the most, versatile Pokemon right now and in my opinion extremely underrated.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
1531240977030.png

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Sceptile Mega is pretty underrated right now, as evidenced by it possibly dropping to RU, but it has three major factors going for it.

First, with just SR support, it can outspeed and OHKO Manectric Mega with Leaf Storm while also OHKOing Scizor with HP Fire after tanking even CB Bullet Punch. This gives you automatically a good matchup versus the top offensive core, as long as they don't have a Togekiss to block you.

Second, few offensive Pokemon can switch in, things that check Serperior don't necessarily check Sceptile Mega because your much higher speed (2HKO Pidgeot Mega with Dragon Pulse for example) and much higher initial power (Dragon Pulse OHKOs Hydreigon and Latias with just a little prior damage).

Lastly, Earthquake lets you partner with Latias because you lure two important Latias counters: Klefki and Muk-Alolan (and to a lesser extent Empoleon and Scizor).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-773562128 - this replay shows Sceptile-Mega getting an important damage on Muk-Alolan, making Latias' life much easier later. I already had a very good position by the time Sceptile also took out a Rotom-C.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-773565249 - Latias can go to town after Sceptile-Mega kills Klefki and, just for kicks, checks a Serperior and kills a Manectric Mega.

The major downside of using Sceptile-Mega is that you have below average defenses and a mediocre defensive typing, whihc is compunded by the fact that I am recommending Latias as a partner (stacking Dragons' weaknesses). Also, using EQ means you have to give up another move, Giga Drain in my case, which means you're less adept at countering Suicune, who can PP stall and abuse special attack drops quite easily.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yo.
Spr_4p_479O.png

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Defog
- Overheat

so i've had a lot of success with this set and I wasn't 100% sure if it's standard now or not but faded love put me on fast "defensive" Rotom-H with toxic. Toxic has a lot of merit, wearing down common rotom-h switch in's like dragons such as Latias/Hydreigon and fat grounds like Swampert and Hippo (though I don't think Hippo should come in on Rotom-H much fearing wisp). Tbolt allows the 2HK0 on Alomomola and fast overheat on "defensive rotom" is really solid vs breakers like flame orb Heracross. When they see toxic/defog or calc the tbolt damage, they know Rotom's not invested and I have k0'd numerous Heracross' this way. This rotom is typically paired with Alomomola as it lacks recovery in pain split/iapapa berry. still great for checking what rotom-h does with wish support such as Scizor/Crobat. I have a few videos with me using the team as well as some streams. Sadly, I don't have replays as I /ionext most of the time while recording.

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Another cool offensive Stealth Rock user, anti-Scizor and Dark types. Ideal to use it on bulky offense teams, take advantage with Colbur Berry + Dazzling Gleam and Hidden Power Fire against threats such like Krookodile, Hydreigon, Sharpedo-Mega and Scizor. Hidden Power Fire is gonna kill Offensive Scizor 100% of the time after SR or Spikes, Mesprit gets a very high roll with no prior damage.

Infernape @ Grassium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Infernape lure, plan is to bluff Choice Scarf thanks to "itemless"+ U-turn, this set will help you to break bulky water and offensive cores, Bloom Doom will help you to beat easier M-bro, Hippowdown, Primarina, Suicune and Quagsire/Alomomola stall core. Fits well on bulky offensive teams, specially around Volturn cores, some good teammates are Scizor, Mamoswine and Terrakion.

Mamoswine @ Groundium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Tectonic Rage + Protect Mamoswine. Protect on Mamoswine is useful to scout Bullet Punch from CB Scizor, U-turn/CC from Infernape, so you can scout differents Choice Scarf users and force your opponent to switch out after they're locked into certain move. This set is specially good against offensive Volturn teams which tends to be Mamoswine weak after UU lost Rotom-Wash.
252+ Atk Mamoswine Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 184 Def Amoonguss: 343-405 (79.3 - 93.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Mamoswine Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 258-304 (65.4 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mamoswine Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Suicune: 286-337 (70.7 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mamoswine Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 249-294 (62 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mamoswine Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 586-690 (82 - 96.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mamoswine Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 322-381 (100.3 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Trick / Rapid Spin

Scarfmie as role compressor, acts as RK but also acts as lure against offensive faster threats (scarfs and megas mostly) like Scarf Krooko, Scarf Hydreigon, Scarf Infernape, M-Aerodactyl, M-Bee, M-Sceptile, Crobat, M-Pedo at +1 and even M-Manectric after this one gets some prior damage. Also Scarf Starmie gets a favourable matchup against most common scarf users. Paired it with teammates that can exploit bulky waters because this set is gonna struggle to pass common bulky waters.

Inflikted

Orco2
My UU open run just ended so I thought I'd share a set I've been having fun with lately:

Snorlax @ Normalium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Curse
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Snorlax has always been a personal favourite of mine but I've often struggled to fit it on a team as a win condition, so I decided to run it as a lure/wallbreaker of sorts on offense. This set trades the recovery of conventional Curse variants for immediate power and perfect coverage (bar Mega Aerodactyl, which takes 86% minimum from +1 Breakneck Blitz and can't do much back anyway). Its main draw is being able to tank strong hits from the vast majority of the tier after a single boost and hit back hard, since it is only OHKO'd by boosted (or Z) STAB fighting-type attacks:

252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Superpower vs. +1 0 HP / 248 Def Snorlax: 298-352 (64.6 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. +1 0 HP / 248 Def Snorlax: 270-320 (58.5 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Another advantage is that the absence of Leftovers recovery alongside Curse helps bluffing a Recycle set which attracts Knock Off, a move that is a waste of a turn against this variant. Also the opponent may try to set up on its face in order to break it, an attempt that this set punishes with its strong offensive presence.

The EVs maximise its attack and its physical bulk. 8 speed EVs are used to creep Amoonguss / Slowbro when unboosted. However, I usually switch something else on Spore and set up on Amoonguss, and Slowbro isn't a mon that Lax enjoys facing so the EVs could probably go somewhere else. If anyone comes up with a better spread for what this set is supposed to do, let me know.

Since Snorlax will usually tank a big hit before scoring a KO, I like having Healing Wish support. This way I have the option of getting it back if there's something else that it needs to break through.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, after be using it a lot of times, i would like to share with yours this Agility Weakness Policy Metagross set!

Metagross.gif

Metagross @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This set can be used as a late game sweeper, as he survives a Dark Pulse Hydreigon as well as Flare Blitz scarf Nape and EQ Krook, outspeeding them after agility. Make sure to get rid of bulky waters like Swampert,Seismitoad and Suicune and start to break trough your opponent's teams.

252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 242-288 (66.4 - 79.1%) [Click Agility and OHKO with Ice Punch boosted]
252 Atk Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 270-318 (74.1 - 87.3%) [Click Agility and OHKO with Earthquake boosted]

This is a replay with my alt, have fun ;)

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yo.
8A9BAB31-4D6B-4A4C-A876-F4BFE1BCA2A4.png

Stakataka @ Figy Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Recycle
- Infestation
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball/EQ/Rock Move

I’m a huge fan of trappers in UU currently. At first glance I know it looks like a gimmick but this thing has worked a bunch in practice. Shout out to one of my subscribers who brought this set to my attention, I just put Gyro Ball over stealth rock. Anyway, recycle Stakataka works as a nice trapper for Pokemon like Mega Aggron (standard rocks, tox fire punch heavy slam) chipping away at it with infestation, opening up the door for something like CM Z-Draco latias in the back to clean up. Spdef Stakataka also comfortably checks Latias/Hydreigon/Raikou/Non Aurasphere Togekiss sets and can trap even the likes of Alomomola, Bronzong, Amoonguss etc for a teammate that prefers said mons weakened/gone. Recycle really works well with this Pokemons lack of recovery. The last move is whatever you think is best but for me Gyro Ball is too good to give up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)