Project USUM PU Teambuilding Competition [Week 3: Jynx, Voting Phase]

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Congratulations to Darkinium for winning Week 2! Your team will be archived.

Week 3: Jynx

Now that the more influential drops have been taken care of, let's try building around an old face. Despite never being all too common even at its peak and being even less common now, Jynx still has the potential to be a threat. I'll try to think of a core next week rather than a specific Pokemon as per Taskr's request, so until then, have fun building around Jynx!

Jynx @ Normalium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

Bellossom @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Strength Sap
- Moonblast

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 244 HP / 152 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
As the last two teams I built where more frail and focused on all out offensive, this team I wanted to be a bit more balanced and bulky. I decided to use the Z-Kiss set for Jynx as it set's up the best and feels much more comfortable to use then the scarf set. In order to allow Jynx to do what it wants to do I knew i needed rock support and something that could help deal with Skuntank. For this reason I added Regirock on as the rocker, I went with protect over toxic to help to better handle and deal with Dodrio in particular. Next I wanted something that could pivot into Jynx and help deal with Jellicent to a degree, I felt that AV Eelektross fit this role and as I wanted a Volt-Turn core I added scarf Mesprit so I can have a healing wish to keep Jynx healthy as well as another pivot on the team, also the team needed a fighting check and Mesprit fit that bill the best. Now that I had two spots remaining, I wanted a spiner and one that would complement Jynx and the team in general, the best one for that task was Hitmonchan which helps not only deal with steel types but also removes rocks to keep Jynx health and able to come on without taking unnesscary chip damage, next I wanted a grass type that was somewhat bulky and could take a few hits as well as set up if it needed to, I went with Bellosom here over Lilligant as Bellosom is the more bulky of the two and it's ability to check physical attackers as well as boosting itself on it's sp.def side is a real plus for a more bulky squad that needs an answer for mons like Quag/Jellicent, I just felt that extra bulk was better to have on a team that had more of a balance core with more bulky mons. The main purpose of this team is to set up hazards, remove threats like Jellicent/Skuntank from play and allow Jynx to come in off a pivot and be able to set up with Z-Lovely Kiss and clean up the enemy team. Bellosom is there as both a back up cleaner and a remover for Jynx with Chan able to come in to threaten Togedemaru and spin away hazards all so Jynx can come in late game to finish off the job and set up.

1541855552625.png

1541854087085.png

Not a big fan of jynx because sleep turns +miss chance on lovely kiss can be really frustating besides the fact that the current meta isn't very kind to it, but i was bored so gave it a try. Standard Balance with defensive Jelli+Horse+AV sap sipper bouff as defensive core. Those three have great synergy and check a big part of the meta. Horse to get up rocks and be annoying. Jelli to sponge the hits the horse can't take. Bouff takes care of the grass weakness of the former two. Pursuit on bouff helps with chipping mons for jynx. Toge because it is toge, great speed control and extra dodrio check. av chan provides hazard removel and functions as a dark resist. Jynx is the sweeper of the team.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)