Natu @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Night Shade
- Roost
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave / Reflect / Toxic / Psychic / whatever

counters pretty hard. eats up waterfalls, is taunt-proof and most importantly bounces back broken spikes. not the most practical choice for most teams bar like semistall but it gets the job done.

Rotom_frío_NB.gif

Rotom-Frost @ Icium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

This thing can come into any qwilfish attacks, it is inmune to spikes/toxic spikes, it can defog away the hazards, if it is timid it can outspeed timid/jolly qwilfish and pretty much OHKO it with volt switch to gain momentum or straight up tbolt. If you run it timid it doesn't care about d-bond too. It only fears getting poisoned by poison jab, but overall it can threaten qwilfish with the said above.

TTK

Webtoon Character
is a Community Contributor

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam

Scarf Mesprit, I think is a nice check to Qwilfish. You come in on all its attacks, take no chip damage because you are immune to spikes and threaten it out with a Psychic that kills it. You can also anticipate Qwilfish switching out and U-turn accordingly and bring in something that does well against the switched in mon.

1541351316633.gif

Skuntank @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Acid Spray
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Defog

Special Skunk is a solid counter to Qwilfish, taking hits well enough and threatens to OHKO with Z-Dark Pulse or simply dent it with regular Dark Pulse. It notably also Defogs away any Spikes and can absorb any Toxic Spikes upon switch in.

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Why tf did I reserve Hitmonchan lmao. Anyway, I’m submitting Drampa as a check since it pivots into Qwilfish’s Water STAB and blows it the fuck away with Specs. While I do know that Sap Sipper is generally the better ability, I have Beserk for this Drampa so that setting up Spikes works against Qwilfish and brings you much closer to activating Beserk.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Manectric @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch

One of the best Qwilfish checks in the meta, Manectric can easily come in either TBolt:

252 SpA Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Qwilfish: 410-486 (122.7 - 145.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Or Volt Switch to gain momentum:

252 SpA Manectric Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Qwilfish: 320-378 (95.8 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

If it's fear of switching in on it that you fear, don't be! Barring hazards on the field, Manectric lives a Waterfall crit or a Scald crit and then is fast enough to OHKO Qwilfish right back!

Last edited:
1541371093382.png

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass

The easiest check of my life. This thing flat out ignores everything Qwilfish has except Max Attack Acid Downpour (1/87434867 chance to be ran), and literally just clicks Volt Switch. The best thing is, you don't even have to click that! Hydro Pump coverers electric immunities like Mudsdale, Togedamaru, and Manectric all while still 2HKOing Qwilfish. (If you hit that is :mehowth:) As a bonus, If Qwilfish Dbonds turn 1 and you Hydro Pump, you get to kill it the next turn without sacrificing yourself.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Lanturn Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Qwilfish: 168-198 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Lanturn Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Qwilfish: 426-504 (127.5 - 150.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Alolachu is a Qwilfish check. Aside from the obvious OHKO with Thunderbolt, Alolachu will find many chances to set up a Nasty Plot on Qwilfish. Thunder Wave can't touch it, Scald burns don't matter, and Destiny Bond is useless since the mouse outspeeds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)