Programming USUM Random Battles/Monotype Random Battles Damage Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hello! This is my first post on smogon forums. I just wanted to say that I just encountered a Heatran that did not have Air Balloon (and I know it wasn't Zoroark because I won and there was no Zoroark on their team). However, the item pool for the default Heatran from the dropdown menu only lists Air Balloon. I also don't know what the item was because I OHKOd it. Replay available upon request.
Should be Lefties, I'll add it. Thanks!

Wigglytuff

Update 2.5: Wasn't really paying attention and then TI added a whole lot of changes.
You can see a more detailed list of the changes in this handy list [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11], but essentially:

- Castform-Sunny, Castform-Snowy, and Castform-Rainy added and set to Level 100.
- Psyshock removed from Hoopa-U
- Diggersby got Choice Scarf
- Dragon Tail and Aeroblast were replaced with Psychic on Lugia
- Spiritomb lost Sucker Punch and Pain Split
- Heatran got Magma Storm and Firium Z
- Poliwrath had Ice Beam replaced with Ice Punch
- Haxorus lost Dragon Claw and Substitute
- Genesect lost all of its Disk Drives except for Douse, and Bug Buzz was removed
- Magearna had Aura Sphere replaced with Focus Blast and Calm Mind was added, along with Fairium Z
- Kyurem lost Dragon Pulse
- A lot of changes with how Life Orb, Focus Sash, and Air Balloon are handled which I haven't really gotten to in the calc.

Please let me know in this thread if the above changes aren't reflected in the calc and/or I broke something! Thank you for your usage of the randbats/monorandbats calc!

I no longer see a way to get both forms of Wishiwashi. Same thing for Greninja/Ash-Greninja. But maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Last edited:
I don't see a default set for Carnivine, Carbink, or Carracosta (coincidence that they all start with 'car'?), nor Celebi or Celesteela (something happened with the 'c' pokémon it looks like?). Also, should I keep reporting these things as I see them, or is this getting annoying/not helpful?

Wigglytuff

I don't see a default set for Carnivine, Carbink, or Carracosta (coincidence that they all start with 'car'?), nor Celebi or Celesteela (something happened with the 'c' pokémon it looks like?). Also, should I keep reporting these things as I see them, or is this getting annoying/not helpful?
whoops, forgot to add that, thanks for the suggestion! and yes, please do; they're very helpful and not annoying at all!

I no longer see a way to get both forms of Wishiwashi. Same thing for Greninja/Ash-Greninja. But maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I took out the single form of Wishiwashi because practically anything OHKOs it from 25%, but I'll add it back in. I'm not sure what happened with Greninja-Ash, I'll check it out.

edit: changes should be live, press CTRL + F5 if you don't see them. let me know if they work!

Last edited:
I have a question: Why is the non-damaging move pool for each pokémon not listed? I would love to see this feature, and I think it could really be helpful (I probably could have saved myself on several occasions if I knew/remembered that certain pokémon get toxic or haze or whatever). I'd be happy to help implement it (I have computer programming experience). But I completely understand if thats not something you would be interested in adding -- obviously it wouldn't affect damage calcs, but it could be useful to just see that move pool since that data should be available in the source code. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:
Mega-Sharpedo's ability (Strong Jaw) does not populate into the ability slot automatically in his default set. (Which sadly just costed me a match, though tbh I should have checked :P). This is also the case for several other megas including:
Absol, Audino, Banette, Blaziken, Diancie, Gallade, Gengar, both Mewtwo-Mega, Pidgeot, Sableye and Sceptile.

I understand that most of those pokémon have abilities that don't affect the damage calc, which I assume is why they are not included. But it does matter for at least Sharpedo (in which case I assume it was just an oversight when moving to separate listings for the megas, and given that regular Sharpedo has an ability that does not affect the calc), and Sceptile.

Last edited:

Wigglytuff

I have a question: Why is the non-damaging move pool for each pokémon not listed? I would love to see this feature, and I think it could really be helpful (I probably could have saved myself on several occasions if I knew/remembered that certain pokémon get toxic or haze or whatever). I'd be happy to help implement it (I have computer programming experience). But I completely understand if thats not something you would be interested in adding -- obviously it wouldn't affect damage calcs, but it could be useful to just see that move pool since that data should be available in the source code. Let me know what you guys think!
We did consider keeping non-damaging moves (it certainly would've saved me some time with compiling the list of moves for each mon) but decided against it to keep that section from becoming too cluttered. I think most players that access the calc already know about the Lady Monita .randbats pokemon feature. I'll add a section in the title part, though, to make that more clear.

Mega-Sharpedo's ability (Strong Jaw) does not populate into the ability slot automatically in his default set. (Which sadly just costed me a match, though tbh I should have checked :P). This is also the case for several other megas including:
Absol, Audino, Banette, Blaziken, Diancie, Gallade, Gengar, both Mewtwo-Mega, Pidgeot, Sableye and Sceptile.

I understand that most of those pokémon have abilities that don't affect the damage calc, which I assume is why they are not included. But it does matter for at least Sharpedo (in which case I assume it was just an oversight when moving to separate listings for the megas, and given that regular Sharpedo has an ability that does not affect the calc), and Sceptile.
Yeah I accidentally added an "s" at the end of Strong Jaw. Oops.

Infernape now apparently gets focus sash, but its not listed in the default item pool.
We generally don't add Sash in unless it's specified to a mon (eg endeavor users) because most of the meta has a possibility of getting Sash if they're in the lead slot and pass some fairly easy bulk checks. I will add a note about that as well, though, thanks for reminding me!

There seems to be no default set for Chansey.
Another Ch- mon I missed. Yikes.

Thank you for all of the suggestions! You're catching a lot of things I missed when the sets were first preloaded and I appreciate it a lot!

We did consider keeping non-damaging moves (it certainly would've saved me some time with compiling the list of moves for each mon) but decided against it to keep that section from becoming too cluttered. I think most players that access the calc already know about the Lady Monita .randbats pokemon feature. I'll add a section in the title part, though, to make that more clear.

Yeah I accidentally added an "s" at the end of Strong Jaw. Oops.

We generally don't add Sash in unless it's specified to a mon (eg endeavor users) because most of the meta has a possibility of getting Sash if they're in the lead slot and pass some fairly easy bulk checks. I will add a note about that as well, though, thanks for reminding me!

Another Ch- mon I missed. Yikes.

Thank you for all of the suggestions! You're catching a lot of things I missed when the sets were first preloaded and I appreciate it a lot!
Thanks for your replies! And wow, I've been playing showdown for over 5 years and just now learned about Lady Monita. Thanks for pointing that out!

I think Audino's level might be wrong in the default set. I encountered a level 81 Audino, but the level is given as 83 in the default set. Stunfisks level is also wrong.

Wigglytuff

I think Audino's level might be wrong in the default set. I encountered a level 81 Audino, but the level is given as 83 in the default set. Stunfisks level is also wrong.
The Level 81 Audino was holding its Mega Stone (Mega-Audino is NU, therefore Level 81), but I'll add a note in.

Fixed Stunfisks's level, thanks!

Intimidate is automatically applied without the pokemon being set to -1. So you see your pokemon at neutral, but get the -1 calc.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Intimidate is automatically applied without the pokemon being set to -1. So you see your pokemon at neutral, but get the -1 calc.
View attachment 167306
I'm confused... This is an intentional feature. Are you saying that Intimidate shouldn't be automatically applied and leave people to do it manually? On that particular Luxray we should probably auto assign Guts first, sure, but I fail to see how Intimidate working is a bug.

I'm confused... This is an intentional feature. Are you saying that Intimidate shouldn't be automatically applied and leave people to do it manually? On that particular Luxray we should probably auto assign Guts first, sure, but I fail to see how Intimidate working is a bug.
I think the question is about the fact that Intimidate doesn't actually affect the drop-down stat stage next to the Intimidated 'mon's attack, even though it is factored into the calculation.
So, for instance, if your opponent has Intimidate you're unable to calculate a hit from +6, as when you select "+6 Attack" the calculator automatically applies the -1 from Intimidate on top of that and leaves you with +5. (It does cap properly at -6; selecting "-6 Attack" gives the same result as selecting "-5 Attack," given the Intimidate debuff.)

Looks like they gave Togetic a set, but it's not in the calc. Also Pikachu-Kalos??? What is going on here lol? Was there a major overhaul to the randbats sets?

Edit: Well, looks like a lot of changes were made recently, including a complete level re-balancing:

https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/commit/8d56dad32b33e143f1700e4453189f776fcd620e
https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/commit/1cade1340a080b8094593085439204b6305dae22
https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/commit/b0f9a9f4932823c01ecc8da4a7d540c10fc6c401

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)