Project USUM Team Building Competition (v2)! (Round 7: Vivillon)

Is Eternally a cute user?

• Yes

Votes: 126 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 99 37.9%
  • Hai :3

Votes: 105 40.2%

• Total voters

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Round 23: Accelgor

I randomly thought of a mon so here it is!
Deadline is (1 / 25 / 18)
Have fun :toast:!​

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Pretty fun team I built with jcbc. Metronome Accelgor + Simisear is a very cool offensive core which can break with ease most defensive cores. Ghostium Z Palo helps Simisear to wallbreak luring Slowbro (see the calcs below to see why I put that spread) and Scrafty set ups on bulky waters so the team doesn't have to rely solely in Accelgor to deal with bulky Water-Types. We chose Silvally-Poison as hazard control instead of Silvally-Steel because we needed another Passi switch in that was also able to check Comfey. Vapo pairs well with Silvally, and to be honest every mon in the team appreciates wish so much.

Paste: https://pokepast.es/15ec85de98e36576 (you can put np > knock off for simisear, but after some tests, I think knock off is more useful)

Calcs
112+ SpA Palossand Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 338-402 (88 - 104.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
112+ SpA Palossand Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 243-286 (86.4 - 101.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
112+ SpA Palossand Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Vanilluxe: 220-259 (77.7 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
112+ SpA Palossand Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Whimsicott: 267-315 (102.2 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Accelgor @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Spikes
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Receiver
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Stealth Rock

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Work Up

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 228 HP / 144 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Psychic / Night Shade
- Toxic
- Roost

This team is centered around Work Up Sceptile. I'm using Knock Off on Accelgor to soften up Golbat, it gives Sceptile a decent chance to KO Golbat at +1 after rocks. Knocking off opposing Passimian's Scarf is nice for Sceptile to outspeed it. I like Psychic on Xatu to threaten Vileplume even though it makes the team more susceptible to Curse Steelix. I like pairing Passimian with bug types because you get a lot of momentum when you U-Turn on the Slowbro switch. Vikavolt might be your first pick when building with Passimian but the Spikes support from Accelgor is much appreciated. Steelix gives the team a Comfey check and a Scarf/Specs Heliolisk check. Incineroar is the much needed ice resist, so I opted for the pivot set.

+1 252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Golbat: 252-299 (71.1 - 84.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

click here for a replay of sceptile putting in work after accelgor knocked off a braviary's choice scarf

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Really sorry about another missed week, real life is kind of busy. I'm going to try to be a lot more consistent in the future.
Round 23: Voting Phase
Team #1:
- Chokepic
Team #2:
- -Davon
Deadline for voting is (2 / 3 / 19)
Good luck submitters :toast:!​

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Round 24: Vanilluxe

I am so sorry guys, I made this whole post yesterday and I forgot to press post :(. Regardless, we are here now! I know I've done Vanilluxe already, but I thought it would be cool (no pun intended) to do it again since it is now being tested.
Deadline is (2 / 8 / 18)
Have fun :toast:!​

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
https://pokepast.es/2cb878d805a7ef52
pretty standard idea behind a vanilluxe team. i went with protect 3 attacks because protect sounded fun to fuck over passimian and it can give me a free switch into something like king if they press cc. comfey benefits a lot from vani pressuring steel- and fire-types, while rotom and slowking patch up the terrible passimian weakness the rest of the team brings. sceptile and to some extent alolan eggy are really troublesome, but :blobshrug:

https://pokepast.es/1b2aecbb65c53ba5
Specs Vanilluxe with Drudd is really good because rocks will be guaranteed in pretty much any game, + spamming Glare is stupid. AV Bro does AV Bro things, with ice beam because Exeggutor-A is otherwise a free switch and I have to rely on 50/50s to not lose a mon every time it comes. CM 3-attacks Diancie pairs well with Vanilluxe too, because they can weaken opposing steel type for each other. Rotom for spinblocking and pivoting, Passimian to RK everything (or U-turn or Vanilluxe which destroys everything)

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Congratulations to Abejas for winning round 24!
Round 25: Blastoise

Blastoise has been on the rise this SPL, displaying some creative offensive sets with items like Waterium and Icium Z. Defensive is still potent as well, so that leaves a lot of options for building. Definitely an exciting Pokemon to give a try if you haven't already, I know it is a bit overlooked by some of the less avid NU players. This should definitely put your building skills to the test!
Deadline for submissions is (2 / 15 / 18)
Have fun everyone :toast:!

So here's an update on this project! I have been very spotty in the past couple of months, and that has affected the way this project has been run. I promise from here on out that won't happen anymore, meaning the round will start on Mondays, and the voting phase will start on Saturday. I am hoping to advertise more on both Discord and PS! so that more people will post. At some point this week, I will definitely update the Hall of Fame, so stay tuned for that! Also, if you ever want to recommend any Pokemon, don't be afraid to! I am always open to suggestions, and I haven't asked as much on Discord as I have been busy with other portions of the site. Finally, if there's anything you think that I could do better for this project, please let me know! This is the most popular project on the forum by far and I definitely want its quality to reflect that. Thanks everyone for having patience with me, and let's hope this stays active until Sun & Moon and beyond to generation 8 :toast:!​

https://pokepast.es/454ea6692be4bb93 - Featuring Fightinium Z Offensive Spinner Blastoise (Not sure if anyone created this set before)

Originally I was going to run Work Up over rapid spin to beat Vaporeon and annoy Slowbro but, I stopped running into vaporeon right when I did and decided to run spin instead as I couldn't pull off the set-up that often. Still had success with just being offensive. I had no idea the amount of mons Z Focus Blast could hit, I just ran it for Vaporeon. There's Guzzlord, Scrafty, Silvally-Steel, Cryogonal, and Klinkang. Dark pulse is nice too for all the ghosts and Slowbro (if not AV). The speed EVs are for out speeding Decidueye.
The team - Decidueye is for spin blocking and decided to run SD for emergency wall-breaking while still maintaining momentum with U-Turn. Passimian is for speed control & momentum. Garbador is for wearing down teams; the Speed EVs is for out speeding Incineroar, Atk EVs is for the 2HKO on Xatu, and the HP EVs are for emergency pivoting on Grass/Fairy/Fighting type mons. Roseli Berry on Druddigon is for guaranteeing rocks on Diancie. M-Glalie's is kind of for wallbreaking with Taunt but, its also for stopping defog.

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
https://pokepast.es/0244c014f367441a

Decided to go with offensive LO rapid spin as my Blastoise set. It can catch a lot of stuff by surprise and beat Aboma-Incineroar which gets really hard for the team.
Passimian was added as on as the standard really good scarf mon.
Went with Lix because its a good rocker and can provide some bulk for the team.
Incineroar helps put more pressure on grass-types and psychic-types.
Heliolisk was added to give the team some fast offensive pressure which it is lacking.
Finally, Vileplume got added because the team is really weak to fighting-types.

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Importable

Fun team with hone claws z-sky attack aerodactyl and glalie-mega. Scarf mesprit gives speed control and baits incineroar for aerodactyl to set-up in front of it and gives hw support for both aero and glalie. The defensive backbone consist of lix plume and blastoise as the spinner, defensive stoise is as good as offensive stoise imo. I put that spread so I wasn't that weak to magmortar and phox. Aero's set lures vapo and bro for glalie to be able to click its main stab move in late.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff

Dhelmise @ Groundium Z
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Synthesis
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Night Shade
- Toxic
- Roost
- U-turn

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Power Gem
- Heal Bell
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Receiver
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Blastoise @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Delphox @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Psychic

Somewhat silly team built around using 3 attacks dhelm to lure in incin, and using the confusion of "guess the spinner" between Blastoise and Dhelmise in order to get even more kills. Dhelm lures in Incin for Phox, which lets Phox sweep, Diancie + Pass is a strong backbone to beat up Incin. Xatu provides hazard control, and is helped out by the incredibly strong matchups that Dhelmise and Toise have vs literally every single hazard setter in the tier barring Drudd, which still is forced to weaken itself into KO range from phox if it really wants to set hazards vs either Toise or Dhelm. Aside from that its a somewhat simple team based around just outpressuring the opponent. Pray you don't face well made vap balance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)