Project USUM Team Building Competition (v2)! (Round 7: Vivillon)

Is Eternally a cute user?

• Yes

Votes: 126 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 99 37.9%
  • Hai :3

Votes: 105 40.2%

• Total voters

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Round 7: Vivillon

Vivillon is a crazy underrated Pokemon and may or may not be broken (as it has been for the past two and a half years)
Deadline for submissions is 8 / 30 / 19
Have fun everyone :toast:!​

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS

Vivillon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn
- Energy Ball

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Night Shade
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Slowking @ Psychium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off

Decidueye @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Roost
- U-turn

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit

Rabia and I were discussing NU STABmons on Discord when we made the discovery of the fact that Vivillon learns U-Turn. We figured that a Choice Specs set would be the best to utilize the move, so we built a team around it. Xatu was definitely a necessity for the team for the fact that Vivillon will be pivoting around now rather than coming in once or twice, so being able to keep Stealth Rocks off the field is actually extremely helpful. The rest of the team isn't all that interesting, it is all just adding more damage and patching up holes and weaknesses. Decidueye looks extremely out of place but it is necessary so that the team doesn't get 6-0d by Heliolisk, and also so that we have some sort of speed control (originally this had Incineroar + Dhelmise, so anything faster 6-0d after Vivillon dropped). Overall not the best team I've built, but it has a cool Vivillon set so I figured I would share.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

QD Vivillon + Specs Heliolisk Bulky Offense

Lol let me make a team with an actually viable Viv set (no shade to my fren Yoshi :p). I always liked the core of Viv + Lisk as they pressure eachothers checks extremely well, most notably Steelix, Rhydon, and Togedemaru. I have been liking HP Ground as the coverage option due to the prevalence of the latter electric rodent being more commonly used as a scarfer nowadays and potentially lure and take that out so Lisk can run rampant (it also does more damage versus Steelix which is always nice). Decidueye is my form of hazard control as not only can it check common setters such as Rhydon, Steelix, and defensive Druddigon, but it also provides spinblocking support and is generally a better Lisk check compared to Dhelmise as not only is Defog a better form of hazard removal compared to Rapid Spin due to the prevalence of opposing Dhelmise that are used to spinblock, but also since it formes a VoltTurn core with Lisk which is great for a team like this. Next there is standard defensive pivot Incineroar that is mainly here to check Delphox, Magmortar, Sneasel, Mega Glalie and of course opposing Incineroar, threats that can otherwise really fuck this team up. Also provides another pivot mon which is always nice for a mon like Viv. Steelix is here as the main Comfey check alongside hazard setter and general fat tank that can sponge so much. Protect is here to mainly better the mindgames versus opposing Lisk which can be really important when paired with Decidueye. Scarf Pass is just best scarfer, nothing more to say lol.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor

Sub QD Vivillion paired with Leftovers is prob the most busted mon in this tier, it literally never dies. So I decided to build around it, pretty simple team, Blastoise provides a great form of hazard control for Vivillion since it can beat most rockers and check fire types. Offensive Drudd provides a decent Stealth Rock user that can also whittle Rotom which is great for Vivillion. Togedemaru provides speed control and a decent Comfey check. Weezing provides t-spikes support and a great way to whittle down Passimian and Comfey. Finally Aerodactyl provides a nice revenge killer and an emergency Defog, if its ever needed.

Vivillon @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Rotom @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Memento
- Defog

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Incineroar @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

This is a team built around Vivillon with Double Defog support from Rotom and Whimsicott. I chose Rotom as a defogger because it reliably gets hazards off the field (especially Toxic Spikes from Garbodor and Rocks from Steelix). Whimsicott was chosen for its ability to Defog on Druddigon reliably and slowly get chip on Steelix so Vivillon can Sweep. Pixie Plate is chosen because I like having a little bit of offensive presence and freedom to switch moves. At this point in building I can go 2 routes with my rocker, scarfer, and Comfey check. I can go Togedemaru + Druddigon, or Passimian + Steelix, and then put an ice resist in the last slot. I decided that Steelix + Passimian would be the best core because it deals with Aerodactyl better which is proving to be quite the threat at the moment. Passimian U-Turning on poison types could create setup opportunities for Vivillon. I chose Incineroar instead of Slowking in the last slot because it deals with Decidueye / Dhelmise better while providing the much needed Ice Resist and Delphox check. Incineroar also forces Passimian to lock itself into CC which can allow Vivillon to setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)