[UU] I Know A Team That Will Get On Your Nerves

Meet The Gang

I created this team originally due to me having sucess with a parahax team in OU and wanted to see if it would work in UU and it does work fairly well, haven't played too many games but have had relatively decent sucess.

Uxie @ Choice Scarf

Nature: Impish (+Def,-SAtk)
Ability: Levitate
EVs:252 Hp/104 Def/152 Spe
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn

I originally had Donphan in this spot but Uxie just works much better. Uxie help me get momentum early game and is one of the most reliable lead out there. It's natural bulk allow me to almost always get the important rocks up (because this kind of team force a lot of switch),and it is my first t-wave spammer. Trick allows me to cripple most leads,and sometimes prove important mid to late-game to help beat set-uppers. U-turn allow me to keep momentum and scout for opponent switch ins. EV are standard, 252 HP and 104 Def allow Uxie to tank some of the hardest physical hit out there and 152 speed Evs allows me to reach 396 speed, outspeeding every pokemon in the tier except opposing scarfers (bar Electrode).

Lanturn @ Leftovers

Nature: Calm (+SDef,-Atk)
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs:40 Hp/216 Def/252 SDef
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam/Surf

Lanturn provides my team an electric and water resist and is just annoying for teams to deal with unless they have a STAB earthquake user. I usually bring it in on something that it threatens, sub when they switch out and then I can t-wave what they bring out and get in an attack before I switch into something that can deal with it or scare it out. I was thinking of changing sub for confuse ray to create the annoying parafusion combo but sub provides a valuable wall to t-wave and attack before switching.

Mismagius @ Leftovers

Nature: Calm (+SDef,-Atk)
Ability: Levitate
EVs:252 Hp/60 Spe/196 SDef
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)

Now I bet you're thinking another t-wave user! and yes it's another t-wave user, most people expect an offensive Mismagius so this one catches most people by surprise. I use it in sort of the same way I use lanturn but this hits harder and can take out a few threats. Sub for protection, t-wave just to paralyse and annoy and shadow ball and HP (Fighting) for coverage. It can punch holes in teams and can cause switches.

Clefable @ Leftovers

Nature: Calm (+SpD,-Atk)
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs:252 Hp/152 Def/100 SDef
-Thunder Wave
-Encore
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled

Clefable is another pokemon that carries thunder wave, 4 t-wave users might seem overkill but it's worth it to spread it around and really cripple the opponent. Clefable is also my special tank in general. Seismic Toss is Clefable only means of attacking and does a solid damage to anything that is not a ghost. Encore means that I'm not helpless against NP mismagius or subchargerotom as I can encore them into a set up move causing a switch. The EVs are taken straight from the analysis, maximizing Clefable's ability to take hits.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers

Nature: Adamant (+Atk,-SAtk)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs:252 Hp/252 Atk/4 Def
-Foresight
-Rapid Spin
-Close Combat
-Sucker Punch

Hitmontop provides the team with a crucial rock resist that this team otherwise lack, it can also help me eliminate most of the annoying clerics (Chansey, Clefable, Miltank) that can destroy all my hardwork spreading para, Hitmontop also provides me with rapid spin support to help my Pinsir switch-in and out if need be and as an added bonus it has a cool ability (Intimidate) to check many physical threats that may cause trouble to my team. Close Combat is it's strong STAB attack, coupled with Sucker punch it's only resisted by a few (Toxicroak). Foresight helps me get a guaranteed spin against teams that lack double ghost and may help against stall. EVs are standard to give Top a nice amount of bulk and firepower.

Pinsir @ Life Orb

Nature: Adamant (+Atk,-SAtk)
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs:4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor
-Stone Edge

This team is build around a Pinsir sweep, with it's huge attack stat and awesome ability once Pinsir gets on a roll not much is stopping it. After the rest of the team spread paralysis to the opposing team, this guy comes out late-game, sets up a SD and it's basically good game from there on. Due to paralysis not much will be outspeeding Pinsir, X-Scissor is this guys STAB attack, OHKOing or 2HKOing everything that doesn't resist it, Earthquake is for coverage and pairs well with Pinsir's ability, Mold Breaker. Stone Edge round off the coverage, hitting fliers that resist or are immune to bug and ground. EVs are straightforward to give Pinsir the most of speed and attack. I chose adamant over jolly to give Pinsir a bigger sting and he doesn't really need the extra speed due to paralysis.

Just a few calcs on Pinsir's power.

+2 X-Scissor v 252/252 Bold Milotic = 77.2% - 90.9%
+2 X-Scissor v 252/152 Calm Clefable = 98.5% - 116%
+2 X-Scissor v 52/252 Adamant Donphan = 78.4% - 92.5%
+2 X-Scissor v 252/100 Careful Registeel = 116.5% - 137.4%
+2 Earthquake v 252/252 Bold Weezing = 115% - 135.3%

Thanks to ZapdosBlitz for writing most of this for me as I have trouble explaining why I made certain choices.

Well, nice team overall. I really just want to say a couple of things that I caught.

First off, I get the whole idea of the team being a parahaxing team. And if you are all for it, then go ahead. But really, why not take some of those slots and put some other status inducing moves in their place? But, I respect the fact that you want this to be a pure parahax team, so I'll rate accordingly.

Really, all the movesets you have are pretty good. Pinsir has good moves that can make it a dangerous late game sweeper.

I'm just wondering how you would fair up against a good sceptile. I could see it really hurting most of your team with a few leaf blades. But, other than that, nice job. I also would not reccomend putting Confuse Ray for sub on Lanturn. Sub just seems like it would be such a nice combo with t wave and then boltbeam.

Good job.

The reason I chose paralysis over other status is purely because parahax is one of if not the most annoying thing to happen to a player. They have a 1 in 4 chance of not moving that turn and in that turn I could either sub up or set up a SD and then I can run rampage through the oppositions team. Also the reason I chose Pinsir over Absol is purely because of the ability, no levitators can come in on an earthquake now and it OHKOs Weezing and Rotom after a SD, so not much can survive pinsirs onslaught.

SD Sceptile can't do much to Pinsir with leaf blade, hitting 20.2% - 24.3% max on my set. I would normally bring Clefable in on something like Sceptile and encore because most of the time it will use it's STAB attack and then I can bring Pinsir in knowing that it's barely gonna scratch me. I've had alot of success with my Lanturn because it just surprises people, I bring it in on something it scares away like a fire poke or whatever, sub on the switch and then t-wave, tbolt or ice beam depending on what they bring in and it gives an extra hit before I have to switch.

Thanks for the comments mate.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm 100% certain that +2 X-Scissor doesn't do that much against Registeel. Maybe you meant Earthquake? Anyway...currently anything immune to Thunderwave with powerful attacks destroys your team. Donphan, Torterra, Hitmonlee, and especially Rhyperior give you huge issues; currently your only answer to them is Hitmontop/Uxie, depending on the poke. Top isn't reliable if you're also going to spin with him since, in all likelihood, he'll get burned or severely hurt while trying to spin. Same with Uxie in the lead position, all it takes is one Moltres Fire Blast for it to drop into kill range for Torterra/Hitmonlee. Because you don't have any form of recovery on your primary counters to paralysis-immune Pokes, I would strongly recommend turning Clefable into a Wish variant. Get rid of Softboiled for Wish; you lose some reliability on the recovery but you also gain a ton of team support, especially since Encored pokes are a great time to Wishpass. Besides that, I can't make any suggestions that would be in line with the spirit of this team except to say that maybe you should look into a Tangrowth to spread paralysis against ground types with Stun Spore and patch up some of your [insert physical sweeper here] weaknesses. I just don't know what you would replace with Tangrowth. Edit: Oh, I would also recommend a Rotom over Mismagius. The RestTalk set is great at spreading paralysis with Discharge and can also help with Swellow and some other physical attackers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)