One brave Knight, a man of principle and honor, rode through the land in search of a broken kingdom, a kingdom he could rebuild. But alas he could not do it alone.
He selected and trained challengers that he would lead into battle against the King.
Do you accept the challenge, will you take the throne and become the King of the Hill?
Hello folks! Welcome to a new addition to the UU Forums, King of the Hill. This a project that involves both team building and battling. Competitors will challenge the King of the Hill to a battle of both knowledge and skill. Both the King and the Challenger will build a team based around a theme picked by the King (ex. Mono blue, no Choice Scarfs, three Dragon types). They will then compete in a single battle for the throne. If the Challenger wins they will take the Kings place, and the King will step down. If the King wins they will keep their throne.
The rules are in this next segment. Please read carefully!
_______________Sign-ups are ongoing and there is no end so feel free to sign up anytime. However if the reservation list fills up fast it will take longer for you to participate.
- Your team must follow the theme. You will share your replay with me after your battle. Play by the honor rule and do not cheat, if I discover that you cheated you will be disqualified.
- Save replays for the Hall of Fame. Even if there are a lot of viewers in your battle, not everyone will be able to catch it, and we want to archive every battle so everyone can have fun watching!
- Themes should attempt to modify the UU tier in some way. As such, Pokemon that are currently being suspect tested and are not part of the UU metagame outside of their test cannot be built with unless the theme states otherwise. If a theme does not look to be UU or UU-related (e.g. a BL theme), I will reserve the right to veto such a theme.
- There are no constraints for sets or spreads as long as they fit the theme.
- For Challengers there will be a rolling reservation list in which it is first come first serve. However since this is a rolling reservation list everyone will be able to go eventually. If there is a time zone issue that makes it impossible for the Challenger and King to play the Challenger will be placed back on the waiting list until they can play the King.
- Challenge period will last a maximum of four days at a time. Please get your battle done in this time period. If scheduling is impossible for you, I'll add the Challenger back to the rolling reservation list and have another Challenger give it a go.
- Contact me, or Accelgor on Forums if you have any questions.
- Have fun and enjoy this project!
To sign up you must post in this thread with these two things:
Time Zone: PST
Showdown Name: itsjustdrew
Showdown Name: itsjustdrew