UU [UU] Krookodile

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Krookodile @ Chople Berry / Passho Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down / Taunt

Krookodile is a top Stealth Rock setter in UU thanks to its excellent STAB combination, solid bulk, and good Speed. It can utilize Knock Off against foes like Galarian Weezing, which relies heavily on Black Sludge for longevity. Earthquake has great coverage, notably against Pokemon like Cobalion and Neutralizing Gas Galarian Weezing that resist Knock Off. Stealth Rock provides significant support for its teammates. Smack Down allows Krookodile to beat Pokemon such as Rotom-W, Skarmory, and Levitate Galarian Weezing, while Taunt stops those Pokemon and others like Palossand from setting entry hazards, recovering, or using Defog. A Chople Berry allows Krookodile to check Pokemon such as Cobalion and Terrakion more easily, while a Passho Berry helps it against Rotom-W, Slowking, and Starmie.

Krookodile is a great check to Pokemon such as Doublade and Reuniclus, making Fighting-types such as Mienshao and Cobalion good partners. However, Krookodile is beat by Fighting-types, making Doublade and Reuniclus good partners as well. Pokemon that beat Galarian Weezing like Slowking and Jirachi are great partners too.

Last edited:

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down / Taunt

Krookodile is a top Stealth Rock setter in UU thanks to its excellent STAB combination, solid bulk, and good Speed. It can come in and spam Knock Off meaning, it is always making progress against the opponent, as even resists fear losing their item. emphasise this a bit imo, one of the most ubiquitous Krook checks (Weezing) is super duper reliant on black sludge to survive throughout a game, which dissuades it from coming in Earthquake has great coverage, notably hitting Fairy- and Fighting-types that resist Knock Off. this feels sorta weird bc it doesn't hit those types super effectively, i'd rather see specific examples here like cobalion and neutralising gas galarian weezing Stealth Rock is arguably the most important move in Pokemon and provides significant support for its teammates. Smack Down allows Krookodile to beat Pokemon such as Rotom-W, Skarmory, and Levitate (if you can fit it) Galarian Weezing, but Taunt stops those Pokemon and others like Palossand in their tracks from doing what? this is p unclear, mention specifically that it prevents them from recovering or defogging if you can. The chosen Berry makes Krookodile capable of checking Pokemon such as Cobalion or Reuniclus Terrakion (it's already a fine enough reuni check and terrak is far more relevant and scary) with Chople, or Slowking and Starmie and Rotom-W with Passho.

Krookodile is a great check to Pokemon such as Doublade and Reuniclus, making Fighting-types such as Mienshao and Cobalion good partners. Krookodile is beat by Fighting-types, making Doublade and Reuniclus good partners as well. Pokemon that beat Galarian Weezing are great partners, too, like Slowking and Jirachi.
1/1 when done!

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (RC) = Remove Comma
This spotlight is about 200+ characters over the limit, so I really had to try and thin this out a bit. Remember that spotlights are meant to be short and sweet to convey the most important points. Before I approve, I'd like to double check this just to be sure I got everything after you implement the changes.

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down / Taunt

Krookodile is a top Stealth Rock setter in UU thanks to its excellent STAB combination, solid bulk, and good Speed. It can come in and spam utilize Knock Off meaning, it is always making progress against the opponent, as even resists fear losing their item. For example, against foes like Galarian Weezing, which relies heavily on Black Sludge for longevity. Earthquake has great coverage, notably against Pokemon like Cobalion and Neutralizing Gas Galarian Weezing that resist Knock Off. Stealth Rock is arguably the most important move in Pokemon and provides significant support for its teammates. Smack Down allows Krookodile to beat Pokemon such as Rotom-W, Skarmory, and Levitate Galarian Weezing, but while Taunt stops those Pokemon and others like Palossand from setting entry hazards, recovering, or Defogging using Defog. The chosen Berry makes Krookodile capable of checking Pokemon such as Cobalion or Terrakion with Chople, or Rotom-W, Slowking, and Starmie with Passho. A Chople Berry allows Krookodile to check Pokemon such as Cobalion and Terrakion more easily, while a Passho Berry helps it against Rotom-W, Slowking, and Starmie.

Krookodile is a great check to Pokemon such as Doublade and Reuniclus, making Fighting-types such as Mienshao and Cobalion good partners. However, Krookodile is beat by Fighting-types, making Doublade and Reuniclus good partners as well. Pokemon that beat Galarian Weezing like Slowking and Jirachi are great partners, (RC) too, like Slowking and Jirachi.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
thanks deetah i know its just hard between writing and then qc adding stuff as well

anyway, this is done. thanks gang

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
thanks deetah i know its just hard between writing and then qc adding stuff as well

anyway, this is done. thanks gang
No worries dude, just wanted to give a brief reminder. It is still quite a bit over the limit but I can't really find much else to remove without altering the meaning, which wouldn't be good, so this should do fine.

GP 1/1

garchompstamp.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)