UU UU Masters III - Grand Finals (Won by Nat)

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
posting for martha
UU Masters III

banner made by Lilburr

Welcome to the third iteration of UU Masters! Matchups are standard SS UU, best-of-three, double elimination.
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard SS UU.
  • Best-of-three, double elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.

Battle Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on their team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, they lose.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.
  • Dynamax Clause: You cannot Dynamax your Pokemon.
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer the widest range of time possible to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
That aside, feel free to get back to me if you still have any questions regarding this tournament after reading this post.

Points for the 2021 UU Tournament Circuit will be awarded accordingly for people who perform well in this tournament.

Set 1
Nat vs PinkDragonTamer

Game 1 / Game 2 / Game 3

Set 2
Nat vs PinkDragonTamer

ended up being unneeded!
Nat will only need to win one set as she is coming from the winners bracket, while PinkDragonTamer will need to win two sets to win the whole tournament.

No specific deadline, just get it done. Tentatively Sunday, May 2nd, but can be extended if needed ofc.

REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED FROM THIS ROUND ONWARDS. NO REPLAY = NO WIN

Last edited:

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
won vs pdt in a hell of a series, ggs.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-558028
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-558029
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-558030

there's a couple of things i wanna say, firstly shoutout to my usual testers Lilburr Askov odr , and ofc anyone else who helped me out.
s/o to the rurk for being a really amazing place for me, and my uupl team for being an enjoyable team even if i got owned by the game a lot.

this tour was fun and i'm happy to win uu seasonal (rename it to this btw), i hope it stays double elim as it's just better, it's your only one after all. i'm probably done w/ ssuu until champs rolls around, unless i feel like playing it in scl over ru/ou which is definitely a possibility but i'm leaning ru rn. the tiers always been fun as hell to build in for me, though.

shoutout entei for being the god damn goat in uu, people sleep way too hard. reminds me of when i used donphan/golisopod at 1st in gen 7 ru.

lastly thx for pdt for rfning, always my pleasure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)