UU Player of the Week #10: aim

Approved by Sam and Hikari

Hello, and welcome to UU's player of the week where I interview
some of Smogon's most accomplished and well knowns players in the tier to give
some insight on who they are and their views on certain aspects of the metagame.
If there's someone you want to see interviewed next week, shoot me a PM!

aim

Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
I'm a 21 year old college student in my third year. I enjoy sports like basketball and football as well as track. I'm owner of the YouTube channel pokeaimMD and I love to play pokemon and love my girlfriend :D

Most Known For:
Success in SPL 5 and 6 and my World Cup run. I guess being a friendly dude who has a popular YouTube channel based around Pokemon.

Favorite Pokemon:
Suicune *-*

Most used UU Pokemon:
XY UU - Jirachi. ORAS UU - Mega Aerodactyl

Opinions on ORAS compared to XY?
Even though Jirachi was my favorite Pokemon to use in XY UU for obvious reasons,i really like the changed that ORAS brought to the UU tier. Losing Jirachi, Sableye, Raikou and the list goes on opened up a lot for UU as a tier making Pokemon viable that before next really had a chance like Beedrill! All in all though I am not a big fan of ORAS as a whole, I very much enjoy ORAS UU.

What is your favorite tier from any gen to play competitively and why?
That's a tough question haha but atm probably DPP OU! I love not having to rely on team preview to make plays and to actually have to scout. I'm really rusty though haha.

Do you think any mon is suspect worthy atm? If yes, which mon and why.
Nah. We definitely have powerhouses in the tier, see S Rank mons, but I feel we have adapted and do know how to deal with them. Doesn't mean they aren't strong though!!

Do you prefer public suspects (now) or the council suspects (koko system)? and why?
I was fine with both tbh. The council was/is filled with people who have extensive knowledge in UU so I trusted us/them to make the "smart" decision. I'm fine with public suspects though as it gives the community more of a say. Not like we didn't see what they said before though, haha.

Favorite moment of SPL?
Seeing my boy RH156 shine! Very underrated player ;] I also liked seeing my boy IB put in work with his Whimsicott/Entei teams.

What is some advice you can give to new players who want to get noticed?
Lurk a lot. Get to know the tier before you start posting but post questions if you do have them! Not everyone is a jerk so hopefully you'll get proper answers haha. Also, perform well in tours! That's probably the best way! For UU i'd advise joining Grand Slam and doing well :]

How do you go about preparing for tournament matches?
It really depends on the tournament match. If it is an "important match" I check up on my opponents history so to speak. I scout replays, see his playstyle and just how he is as a player and I go from there. PRACTICE WITH YOUR TEAM! and know what it does haha.

Who are some of your favorite people in the Smogon community?
I honestly have way too many to list :(( but my friends all know who they are and know that I respect them all and enjoy all of the time that I spend with them.

Finally can you provide for us a team that you think reflects you as a player with a brief explanation of how it works?

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Memento

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 248 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Memento
- Tailwind
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

I made this with my boy Calloflochie during Grand Slam when I was paired against my boy Afro Smash. Afro Smash loves to use Mega Abomasnow, Empoleon and mons like that on ALL of his UU Teams. Since trapping is one of my favorite strategies in UU, I decided I would use a U-Turn Whimsicott + Dugtrio to bait in his Empoleon and trap it with Dugtrio. Needless to say, it worked, at least during Grand Slam. We had a recent battle for UUPL and he had shed shell on his Empoleon this time haha. Basically it's trap stuff that threaten the team (this was back during Victini meta) and Tail Wind and Sweep! Was a very fun team back in the day.

-----

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions for aim, leave them down below. See you next week!

How did you get into Pokemon and whats your favourite playstyle in UU? :3
as a sidenote what made you choose Whitney as your "Avatar"? o3o

What events do you usually run for track? (high school runner here xd)

What would you consider your best battle ever? (in terms of plays made, matchups, etc)

You think once you marry your gf you'll grow out of pokemon? You talked about this a little on you joey chat.

Also what do you want to see in a new pokemon game?

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
aim again! k so i asked in ou and ubers, but here goes some more n_n

1) What tier's gonna be the next interview for?
2) Will you link the old interview for some of the questions?
3) Do you have answers for some standard questions saved?
4) I challenge you to a randbat, ccv1, randubs? +5.30 can play on my evenings when can you play!
5) Who's joey and why does he claim to be related to you/be you?
6) Under whose influence did you lie to the previous question?
7) For real tho, why are you called joey? irl name or something?

your interviews and vids are fun keep up :]

You think there is something that can or should be retested right now?
I playing for a long time, try to understand the game and playing a lot, but I still don't get any better- got any tips for me?
Big fun of yours! :]
Keep the great content on your channel!

1. I actually hadn't heard of you before I stopped contributing to Smogon (January last year) and only heard of your youtube channel/account back in December when i returned, but it seems you've been a member for a while, did your youtube channel really take off after that?
  2. How do you go about making predictions? Do you go based on risk-reward or also try to overpredict on, say, an obvious switch although the risk is higher (there are many scenarios, just can't think of any atm)?
realize these weren't very UU-specific but don't really have anything to ask on that front

Is this interviewing player of the week or popular players?

Seriously though,
What do you think the best suicune set in the current meta is?

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
What's your opinion on current UU? Is there anything you'd like to see change about it pokemon wise, ie. Any potential suspects to ban or drop back into the tier?

What did you think of the accusations that UU was becoming stale before the recent drops, was it because it actually was stale or because it was balanced and nothing needed changing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)