UU Rain dance RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first RMT and I am very new to competitive battling so please help me out :)

Electrode @ Damp Rock
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Atk/48 SAtk/208 SDef
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Rain Dance
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Thunder

Role: This is my lead. It is basically a suicide lead, just to get off a quick rain dance. This is easily countered by a fake out user but if one does come I will switch out into Uxie to set up rain dance/SR. If it survives after the rain dance I will usually explode. This really cripples any pokemon coming in to set up because of taunt, forcing a switch.
---

Lanturn (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP/216 SAtk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Role: This is a good bulky poke that can switch in to incoming electric attacks and also set up additional rain dances. STAB Thunder is a great plus in the rain,
---

Gorebyss (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP/220 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Role: This is my special sweeper and does very well with its good type coverage. It outspeeds most during swift swim and is just there to sweep. This can take out quite a few pokes before it's down.
---

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 60 HP/196 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Rain Dance
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
Role: This is a second special sweeper and can get up a rain dance, it is more bulky than Gorebyss.
---

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
Role: This is my physical sweeper. I will switch in on something that will want to switch out against this to set up my swords dance. Aqua jet can take down any other priority move users for an OHKO after a swords dance most of the time.
---

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Yawn
- Rain Dance
Role: This is to set up rocks and scout the other team. Yawn causes lots of switches and u-turn will allow me to scout for a good switch in for Kabutops to set up a swords dance. I will also switch this in often to put up any needed rain dances.
---

Any criticism and advice is greatly appreciated as I just started competitive battling a few days ago after reading up a bit on here.

maybe waterfall over aqua tail on kabutops? for 100% accuracy, is 10 power a worthy sacrifice? Up to you

I run kabutops and ludicolo on my team, but they're my sweepers:

kabutops@life orb
Adamant
252 Atk/80 Spe/176 Def
X-Scissor
Rock Slide
Waterfall
SD

Ludicolo@Expert Belt
Modest
172 SpA/168 SpD/100 Spe/ 68 HP
Grass knot
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

both of these two work very well, maybe try one? Up to you again

if the extra 10 base power of aqua tail is worth it for the 10 accuracy, then go ahead and use it over waterfall.
I'm not sure what brick break is doing for you since i cant think of something that would take less damage from waterfall and stone edge. I would recommend aqua jet as an insurance against other priority users like hitmontop and blaziken who could end your sweep with mach punch and vacuum wave respectively.

hope that helped and GL

Ludicolo is a awesome rain sweeper so don't let it go to waste.
Use this set

Ludicolo@Life Orb
Modest
60HP/252SAtk/196Spd
Grass knot--coz uus take more damage tan this than energy ball
Surf
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

I also run kabutops before and Aqua Jet seems more useful than brick break in case the rain wears off. Low Kick is still better than Brick Break is you insist on a fighting move.

Using this Uxie Set allows Kabutops to set up as opponent switches out and after that, its gg.

Uxie @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP/4 SDef/252 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento

Ludicolo is a awesome rain sweeper so don't let it go to waste.
Use this set

Ludicolo@Life Orb
Modest
60HP/252SAtk/196Spd
Grass knot--coz uus take more damage tan this than energy ball
Surf
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

I also run kabutops before and Aqua Jet seems more useful than brick break in case the rain wears off. Low Kick is still better than Brick Break is you insist on a fighting move.

Using this Uxie Set allows Kabutops to set up as opponent switches out and after that, its gg.

Uxie @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP/4 SDef/252 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento
Thanks, I've switched in Aqua Jet over Brick Break and it helps at the end of the rain like you said. I'd try that Uxie set but then I'd need another wall after the memento, but I'm gonna start using that Ludicolo set. I was thinking of switching out a poke for a special wall rain rest Dewgong.

So,

On my own Rain Dance team that I ran awhile back, there are some Pokemon that I found very helpful to have.

First off, focus more on sweeping and coverage rather than slapping three moves + Rain Dance on your Pokemon. Other strategies work well, but if your Pokemon are all trying to accomplish different things, such as a SubPunch here, a SubSeed there, your team lacks cohesiveness. I support the switch on Ludicolo's set entirely as it can really clean up when it comes to it. On Omastar I suggest trying out a sweeping Gorebyss instead. Only reason being that it has the ability to sweep with almost the same base power (Gorebyss:114 SpA, Omastar: 115 SpA) but can carry Psychic to kill off opposing Toxicroak. The set looks like this:

@ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
36 HP, 252 SpA, 220 Spe
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- HP Grass

The main reason to use Gorebyss is for Psychic, which can net the OHKO on Toxicroak. Other than that, not having a 4x weakness to Grass types helps to add to Gorebyss's chance to survive. While Omastar will get knocked away by the lightest of Grass type attacks, Gbyss has a better shot of surviving.

Another Rain setter is suggested as the Rain can go away very quickly. I have two suggestions. One is trying a Lanturn, who can provide you with a solid way to get rid of Milotic, or Registeel, who can provide defensive backing whilst also packing Explosion to leave with a bang. The sets are as followed:

@ Damp Rock
Nature: Calm
40 HP, 216 SpA, 252 SpD
- Rain Dance
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam / Confuse Ray

or

@ Damp Rock
Nature: Careful
252 HP, 40 Atk, 216 SpD
- Rain Dance
- Explosion
- Earthquake / Seismic Toss
- Shadow Claw / Thunder Wave

Which one you use is entirely dependent on what you're looking for. Lanturn provides offensive power along with Rain Support, while Registeel provides a strong defensive backbone plus the escape button known as Explosion. Which ever one you you decide to use, if at all, I suggest running it over the current Toxicroak you have.

Hope my advice helped and good luck with your team.

So,

On my own Rain Dance team that I ran awhile back, there are some Pokemon that I found very helpful to have.

First off, focus more on sweeping and coverage rather than slapping three moves + Rain Dance on your Pokemon. Other strategies work well, but if your Pokemon are all trying to accomplish different things, such as a SubPunch here, a SubSeed there, your team lacks cohesiveness. I support the switch on Ludicolo's set entirely as it can really clean up when it comes to it. On Omastar I suggest trying out a sweeping Gorebyss instead. Only reason being that it has the ability to sweep with almost the same base power (Gorebyss:114 SpA, Omastar: 115 SpA) but can carry Psychic to kill off opposing Toxicroak. The set looks like this:

@ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
36 HP, 252 SpA, 220 Spe
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- HP Grass

The main reason to use Gorebyss is for Psychic, which can net the OHKO on Toxicroak. Other than that, not having a 4x weakness to Grass types helps to add to Gorebyss's chance to survive. While Omastar will get knocked away by the lightest of Grass type attacks, Gbyss has a better shot of surviving.

Another Rain setter is suggested as the Rain can go away very quickly. I have two suggestions. One is trying a Lanturn, who can provide you with a solid way to get rid of Milotic, or Registeel, who can provide defensive backing whilst also packing Explosion to leave with a bang. The sets are as followed:

@ Damp Rock
Nature: Calm
40 HP, 216 SpA, 252 SpD
- Rain Dance
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam / Confuse Ray

or

@ Damp Rock
Nature: Careful
252 HP, 40 Atk, 216 SpD
- Rain Dance
- Explosion
- Earthquake / Seismic Toss
- Shadow Claw / Thunder Wave

Which one you use is entirely dependent on what you're looking for. Lanturn provides offensive power along with Rain Support, while Registeel provides a strong defensive backbone plus the escape button known as Explosion. Which ever one you you decide to use, if at all, I suggest running it over the current Toxicroak you have.

Hope my advice helped and good luck with your team.
Thanks for the help, I'm gonna try out the Lanturn/Gorebyss. STAB Thunder in rain seems nice.
EDIT: In a few unranked UU's I did it really helped speed up matches, nearly 6-0ed a person but sucker punch critted u.u

Bloo

Banned deucer.
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.
Your descriptions are lacking, which means you are violating the above quoted RMT rule. If you wish to remedy this problem, explain your reasoning behind each Pokemon and why they work on your team more thoroughly. I recommend lurking through the RMT Archive in order to see prime examples of what we're looking for in an RMT!

If you improve your explanations for your Pokémon, please private message me indicating that you've done so by showing me your new descriptions. Once you've done that, I will re-open this thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)