Project UU Teambuilding Competition V2 - On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
And thanks to that last vote that I definitely didn't beg for, Sickist has won! Congratulations!!

Week 6 - Zarude

Use whatever set you want! Some recommended sets are in the spoiler below.
Zarude @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Zarude @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- U-turn
- Jungle Healing / Synthesis

Zarude is among UU's newest additions, and its extraordinary bulk, good power, high Speed, and surprisingly solid typing that allows it to effortlessly check Pokemon like Polteageist and Krookodile gives it a definite niche within the tier. Hopefully you guys can show off what this monkey can really do!!

Submissions are due by Sunday, September 6th~

1599072209498.png
1599072226628.png
1599072233638.png
1599072180773.png
1599072250218.png
1599072253503.png

Pretty cool balance team with Scarf Zarude. Of course Zarude + Slowbro is a really nice core, since a lot of Zarude's best checks get smacked by Future Sight. Same thing goes for Cobalion, which provides rocks and benefits from the other two mons' ability to handle bulky Water-types. Weezing does Weezing things, Noivern helps keep up the momentum with U-Turn, and Golisopod is just a nice anti-meta mon in general right now with its priority and STABs giving it a solid matchup against Slowbro, Zarude, Celebi, Starmie, Krookodile, Palossand, etc. I wanted to incorporate a Fire-type like Incineroar in here somewhere but couldn't fit it. Let me know what you think!

Katy

Banned deucer.
Bulk Up Zarude Offense

:weezing-galar: :claydol: :zarude: :darmanitan: :doublade: :rotom-wash:

import:
Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Toxic

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 8 SpA / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Teleport
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat
- Power Whip

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Discharge
- Volt Switch

explanation: team built around bulk up zarude, with galarian-weezing as a defogger and bulky tank to take hits from terrakion and opposing zarude. claydol is a lycanroc-dusk check and threatens this and terrakion with earth power, ice beam is there to lure in krookodile, palossand, noivern and rotom-mow. claydol is also the stealth rocks-setter on this team with teleport to gain the momentum advantage.
zarude has bulk up and its two stabs, which after a bulk up hit really hard, its coverage is close combat for bisharp, obstagoon, and sharpedo.
darmanitan is great user of choice scarf and is also here to maintain the momentum with u-turn, therefore it can bring in either of its teammates to check things or to give them an opportunity to set-up and dish out damage. doublade is great physical tank and physical sweeper alike with swords dance, shadow sneak for priority and iron head as its stab and close combat to break thru steels like cobalion. rotom-wash is the special sweeper with nasty plot + 3 attacks; hydro pump and discharge as its stabs and volt switch as another stab and adds to the offensive nature of the team with maintaing the momentum this team gained.​

Last edited:

Zarude @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Jungle Healing
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Bulk Up

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Corrosive Gas

Cobalion @ Chople Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Golurk @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost / Taunt
- U-turn

I started off the team with CB Zarude + FS Slowbro + SD Tflame, which is a basic offense breaking core. I added Weezing-G as a check to Goon, Mamo, and Terrak, as well as to burn MImi and Defog. After some switching around, Tflame didn't really fit, so I removed it, made Bro TWave and Zarude into Bulk Up, to better handle the rotoms. I then added Cobalion as more insurance vs the rocks and Goon, as well as it being my rocker. Having VoltSwitch gave me a pivot core between it and slowbro, so I added Golurk as a breaker to take advantage of that. Golurk is also my main Rak/Lycan answer. Noivern was slotted into the 6th slot to have a better matchup vs Roserade and hazard setters in general. Taunt is the key to this set, as it shuts down setup attempts or hazard setting attempts, as well as helping vs Stall. Roost can also be used here, and it's honestly probably preferable, so I'll slash it. After looking at it, Noivern was a scary matchup, so Slowking was slotted in instead for it's superior special bulk. The team has some unique techs, such as Corrosive Gas Weezing for Chansey and boots mons. Psychic Fangs variants of Lycanroc-Dusk are especially annoying for this team, as well as Toxic Spikes being quite irritating to deal with. Overall, it's a cool team in my opinion at least that can showcase Bulk Up Zarude pretty well.

Edit: I cant beat that claydol stuff, its too fire :( also this looks really similar to the first team posted this week, but I promise I didnt copy, this was all original work.

Last edited:
Luckily I had a team I laddered that was built specificially around Zarude the moment it dropped, so this should be simple.

THIEF TECH + TOXIC SPIKES
1599055343621.png1599055556333.png
1599106332003.png

1599101059572.png1599106437067.png1599106415987.png

Zarude
Jolly Nature
- Thief
- U-turn
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat

EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower
- Taunt

Cobalion @ Chople Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Starmie @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Recover

Barraskewda @ Mystic Water
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Flip Turn
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Oblivious
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Icicle Spear

Zarude seems to have quite the good movepool (and it does) but the lack of knock does suck, so instead I went with thief + itemless, and it went suprisingly well. It's pretty easy to steal boots from pivots like noivern and incineroar, who assume Zarude would switch out and that it's choiced, only for them to be suspectable to hazards.

It was only natural to pair it with Weezing G, who not only sets t spikes, but also checks fighting types for it. Cobalion's the rocker and set up sweeper, checking offensive threats like Lycanroc and Mimikyu in a pinch. Starmie runs a bulky spinner set, as it appreciates the longevity boots + recover brings for spinning longer. It especially apreciates Zarude switching agaisnt the rotoms while acting as a knock off sponge, while it in return checks fighting types and provides the team a status sponge.

Barraskewda completes a momentum core with Zarude, allowing it to capitilize on the mons Barra brings in, which includes the slow brothers and rotom wash. It outspeeding the entire unboosted tier is great for cleaning more frail / weakened teams, and with aqua jet it can rk Talon and Lycanroc. Finally is Mamoswine, who can suprise mons that would normally offensively check it, such as Terak, only to be rk'lled by an EQ, as people assume Zarude is the scarfer. Icicle spear is neat to avoid misses and bypass disquise or focus sash. Oblivious ignores annoying intimidates that prevents it from cleaning late game as well.

Edit: I hope this team isn't too similar from other submissions (Zarude+Cobalion+Weezing G is a pretty popular core I guess) and this team is centered around T spikes plus utilizing Zarude's unique typing.​

Katy

Banned deucer.
i vote for the team with the galarian weezing :bloblul:

joke aside, i like everyones team and i vote for: driftinglover coz i dind't see golisopod for a longass time really

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Congratulations to driftingover who has won this week!! Your team will be added to the OP shortly :3

Week 7: Heracross
:ss/heracross:
Use whatever set you want! Here are some recommendations:
Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Knock Off

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Spikes / Stone Edge

Heracross is often overshadowed by other wallbreakers like Terrakion or Lycanroc Dusk, but nothing really has the same level of immediate power and flexibility as Heracross does. It's also got a unique defensive typing, allowing it to easily trade with Pokemon like Zarude if needs be. How will you build with it?

Submissions are due by Tuesday, September 15th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)