!!!UU Trick Room Team!!!

I like themed teams, and UU, so I have a UU Trick Room team. It's not too good though, so I'm hoping for some much needed help...

Sunny (Solrock) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/48 Atk/208 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Will-o-wisp
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Explosion
---
Sets up Trick Room, can burn things like Nidoking (Who might use Megahorn), can EQ for some damage to poisons, and has the option of exploding, to give one of my sweepers some free turns without getting hit switching in.
---
Dizzy (Spinda) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
- Flail
---
A set I wanted to use after seeing in the creative movesets thread. Props to the creator, but sorry that I forgot your name. It has Trick Room to go first, Flail to hit hard, Sucker Punch for ghosts and Protect to scout. I may remove this, but I like the originality.
---
Dolly (Claydol) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/136 Def/120 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
---
Another pokemon to set up Trick Room. Helps Spinda by RSpinning to save the sash, EQ with Ice Beam for some damage too. Decent defensively to survive small physical beatings...
---
Clampy (Clamperl) (M) @ Deepseatooth
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Confuse Ray
---
A special sweeper who is a staple to all my UU Trick Room teams. It hits hard, and can take a weak physical hit too. BoltBeam for coverage, Surf for STAB and Confuse Ray...it's movepool isn't so good, so to annoy.
---
Carny (Carnivine) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Def
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Power Whip
- Return
---
A physical sweeper who I'm not too sure about keeping. Sleep Powder, then SDance and have a short sweep. Maybe something else would work better, but I'm using this currently. Power Whip is nice physical STAB, with Return to hit more neutral, just I'm walled by steels.
---
Banny (Banette) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef
- Trick Room
- Shadow Claw
- Knock Off
- Destiny Bond
---
My last pokemon to set up Trick Room is the puppet with a few tricks up his sleeve, or in other words Trick Rooms. Shadow Claw for STAB with Knock Off to take away the enemy's item too!
---

That was one of my teams. It's not so good, so I want it to be improved. Please provide constructive criticism.

Alagross

Heh, this team is almost identical to mine, minus the Carnivine. I prefer Relicanth as my physical sweeper, though he's water type like Clamperl, as a CBed Head smash is too strong for most UU walls (even resisted). It did about 50 to 60 percent (forgot the number exactly) to a Claydol, then went in for the kill.
Oh, on shoddy I'm <Sorani Nozomu>. Just so you remember me =)

I know you do have Trick room in play, but Rotom can be a slight problem. Solrock can't hit him, and Banette and Claydol are weak to him, and if your Trick room set up may have the possibility of failing, Rotom could come through and tear a big hole in your team.

Oh yeah, Absol can be of a problem as well, since Sucker punch gets priority.

There are some other threats, but they're not worth mentioning because barely anyone uses them.

Maybe a possible suggestion, I know this kinda stupid, but whatever.

Sudowudo @ Choice Band/ Expert Belt/ Leftovers
Brave Nature
252atk, 252hp
Sucker Punch
Brick Break
Explosion
Rock Slide/Earthqake/Wood Hammer/Elemental Punches

This set is quite bad to be honest, But Brick Break will cover your dark weakness, Sucker Punch will take care of opposing Ghosts, and It works out of Trick Room which possibly save your butt.

A Choice Banded Explosion always does massive damage, and Sudowoodo's is no exception.
I looked through the UU teir, and there aren't any slowish fighting types, But because Sudowudo learns Brick Break and Sucker Punch I thought this would do well on your team. The last two slots can be chosen by you, It depends what you prefer/Think will be needed on your team.

I hope this helped somewhat, Although I'm not that good on giving advice.

------
Edit
------

Oh yeah, I'd change the Solrock Set.

Go for 252HP/252Atk with a Brave nature and a Focus Sash

Trick Room
Will-O-Wisp/Earthquke
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Stealth Rock is always good to have, Will-O-Wisp may work to your advantage, but only if they switch their lead, However Earthquake would be good to use if they are weak to ground. Then after you've done everything and possibly taken out enough pokemon, Explode.

Spinda-
Kecleon >>>>>>>>>>>> Spinda.
It Trick Room's and it can Sucker Punch. It can't Flail but it actually has a movepool, a decent 90 attack and doubles as a special sponge with over 120 special defense.

Claydol-
Earth Power > Earthquake, you're not scaring anything with that puny EQ.

Banette-
Trick Room Banette won't have any time to Knock Off, you're better off sticking on Thunderbolt for coverage.

Carnivine-
Abit iffy about lack of Crunch but it should do fine, though I'd actually replace Lefties with Life Orb and Swords Dance with Sludge Bomb which can hurt off 90 s.atk. That way even Meganium would think twice about trying to wall you.

Also I'd heavily agree with the above about fitting a Sudowoodo somewhere on your team. Although the moveset suggested I'd say kind of sucks. Sudowoodo is by far one of the most powerful and diverse Trick Room sweepers in the whole of UU.

Sudowoodo@Life Orb/Expert Belt/Leftovers
Adamant 252
Rock Head
-Stone Edge
-Wood Hammer
-Hammer Arm/Earthquake/Elemental Punch
-Explosion or Sucker Punch (SP would let it revenge kill even without TR)

On your Solrock, I would give some serious consideration of using stone edge over will-o-wisp so it can kill some things before exploding, because a 317 attack stat isn't too bad.

On Spinda, I think you should use hypnosis over protect so if you encounter something you can't ohko with flail, you can go for the 2ko. It also gives you another chance to set up trick room if it is about to run out.
I agree with Forsety on using earth power over earthquake on Claydol. Splitting ev's isn't fun.

Also, if you plan on using Sudowoodo, I would suggest this-
Sudowoodo@ life orb
stone edge
earthquake
wood hammer
sucker punch/explosion

It is remarkably similar to Forsety's set, except I would exclude the possibility of using the elemental punches because the other moves cover pretty much everything they would, and earthquake hits everything Hammer Arm already just as hard except for normals, although the speed drop would be welcome in trick room.

Also, if you do use the Sudowoodo, I would reccomend using it over Carnivine, as it has a rather limited physical movepool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)