UU...

Hello thanks for checking out this rmt. Let me first say that this team has resulted more because I was experimenting with counters to current threats to the metagame. Since I kind of made this hodge podge mess it has become something that actually does its job fairly well despite the awkwardness of its appearance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Team Building Process~
Though the team did not start with this pokemon as a sweeper it later became the main one simply because it can beat chansey 100% of the time regardless of Chanseys health.

Secondly I wanted a pokemon that would lure the main threat to missy on a near constant basis. So roserade was added

Those two pokemon were actually added last to an already made defensive core. I wanted a sturdy lead that could draw predictable reactions from my opponents. I added Registeel simply because he was such a solid counter to so many of the top specially oriented threats.

Donphan and Quagsire have both been in the next slot and neither of them do this job amazingly well, though I feel Quagsire may be the better choice.

The next pokemon was simply because I wanted to try it out as a switch in to many common bulky pokemon in the tier. I chose Hariyama and the set it is running because I wanted a strong physical attacking presence on the team while still maintaining the already bulky theme(i didn't have Roserade at the time and Missy was a Scarfer).

Lastly I wanted to use a pokemon that didn't get much love. HG and SS changed alot of pokemon and made some previous UU nearly unstoppable in the tier. I chose Luxray as an anzwer to two specific problem pokemon in UU and it works great though the one its made to counter has been no where lately.

~The RMT Part~

~At a Glance~

~~~~~~~~~~~
Arkeis.com owns the following pictures. They are not my own​

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful; 252 Hp/ 232 Sp Def/ 24 Spe
Stealth Rock
Seismic Toss
Shadow Claw
Explosion

-Registeel is almost necessary in todays metagame. He provides a counter to Yanmega, Missy, SubCharge Rotom, etc. etc. Because he is so sturdy I put him in the lead spot as an attempt to force out Yanmega leads and get down rocks early. I forgot about Ambipom getting Low Kick, so Registeel took a hit as a lead in that regard. However, he is the best suited for the job on the team and will likely remain unchanged.

-The set may look strange, but it has a purpose. Magneton can really mess up registeel as well as some other pokemon with sub that resist iron head like rotom. however, seismic toss and shadow claw work together to try to prevent such set ups from occuring as well as allow me to beat most other registeel one on one. Thunderwave isn't helping me much tbh as most things are slower than my main sweeper anyway. Explosion kind of goes without mention because it is such a potentially useful move.

-The ev's are pretty basic. 24 is my magic number in instances where a pokemon occupies a speed tier with many common other pokemon that don't run speed (the base 50 speed in UU being, perhaps, the most common and large group) I want my bomb to be able to blow up in confidence that he will outspeed azumarill, donphan, or chansey and either knock of a large chunk of hp and preventing a rapid spin or outright ko them.

Counters to Missy that it covers:
Yanmega, Ambipom (w/o Low Kick), Registeel

Roserade @ Life Orb
Modest; 156 Hp/ 244 Sp Atk/ 108 Spe
Sleep Powder
Synthesis
Sludge Bomb
Leaf Storm

-Roserade makes a wonderful compliment to mimagius and an invaluable heavy hitter that this team really appreciates. She lures Registeel amazingly chipping off ~25-30% at a time with SR and can put him to sleep should he stay in against her. With Registeel out of commission, it can mean open season for missy.

-This set isn't original. Leaf Storm will sting any pokemon in the tier and can outright ko a massive portion. Sludge Bomb provides a powerful secondary STAB. Synthesis helps keep Roserade healthy regardless of SR or LO recoil. Sleep Powder is perhaps the most valuable move on the set for this team.

-The ev's are specifically to aid in taking milotic Ice Beams while still outspeeding the 56 spe variants. Bulkier than most LO roserades, it actually wins one on one against faster ones provided they both are at full hp and come in on SR.

Registeel, Regirock, Steelix

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Timid; 252 Spe/ 252 Sp Atk/ 4 Def.
Taunt
Nasty Plot
Thunderbolt
Shadowball

-Mismagius is ridiculous with nasty plot. Given a turn or two she can easily sweep an opposing team with little to no effort at all. I chose her because of her ability to take out chansey by herself and because she can finish off a weakened registeel easily enough.

-The set is pretty common. I chose taunt of substitute because of the lack of leftovers and I felt it could be of more use shutting down toxic, thunderwave, etc. Nasty plot and sweep. HP Fighting isn't needed as much because thunderbolt after a NP will easily finish off a standard milotic coming in on SR thanks to LO.

-Missys ev's are straightforward. I dumped HP Fighting because I wanted to be faster than the missys that didn't. Also, nailing Honchkrow switches is a beautiful thing. LO is present because I wanted her to hit harder. As my main sweeper she needed to be packing hurt, so I gave it to her.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Impish; 252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp Def
Recover
Encore (thinking maybe toxic)
Ice Punch
Earthquake

-Quagsire is here as a bulky water. Thanks to the addition of recover he is now an extremely difficult pokemon to ko. Water absorb makes a great ability and is the main reason I chose it over milotic. Probably the most replaceable pokemon I have tbh... All suggestions welcome preferably something with a ground immunity.

-The set is, again, fairly simple. Ice punch to hit incoming roserade, venusaur, sceptile etc. as well as an attack against swellow and honchkrow should my main answer already be ko'd. EQ is reliable STAB and compliments ice punch nicely. Recover doesn't really need explaining. Encore... I'm iffy about. Sometimes I would love toxic on this team, though encore is so useful I find it difficult to give up. I need opinions.

-The ev spread is max/ max to help take physical hits with the remaining point going to sp def.

Registeel, Regirock, Steelix

Hariyama @ Leftovers (Guts not Thick Fat)
Impish; 96 Hp/ 136 Atk/ 252 Def/ 24 Spe
Rest
Sleep Talk
Payback
Brick Break

- Hariyama makes a wonderful switchin to so many bulky pokemon in the tier. This set was largely an experiment and has worked really well as a tank and as a heavy hitter. Sleep Talk can be aggravating at times, but overall once Hariyama is statused he can 2hko most pokemon packing recovery. I went without thick fat partially because I wanted to try out guts and partially because people still expect me to have it.

- The moveset is simple to figure out. Rest + Sleep talk in conjunction with guts makes up the back bone of the set. Hariyama is fairly bulky and with a 450 atk stat he is a tank and a rather strong attacker. The two attacks provide unresisted coverage to everything not named toxicroak. Brick break is his strongest STAB after focus punch, close combat, and vital throw which all have drawbacks making them not worth it. I've actually considered giving vital throw a chance, but I don't know if it works with sleep talk like roar does or not. If someone knows could you please fill me in.

-The ev's are pretty all over the place, and tbh not 100% stratigically placed. 252 def. + impish means she is going to be fairly bulky on the physical side. The rest I dumped into atk and hp. I knew 80 hp was a lefties number, but I wanted just a little more so. The remaining ev's went to atk.

Registeel, Regirock, Regice, Steelix

Luxray @ Leftovers (Intimidate not Rivalry)
Impish; 252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Spark

-Luxray has proven to be, at least in my eyes, the best counter to honchkrow you can have in UU. To put his defensive potential into perspective for people who may think this is crazy, this thing takes physical hit better than weezing thanks to intimidate. Also, luxray has proven to be a fantastic switch into ambipom.

-This moveset would love one more slot. As it stands, however, I've had to make due. Rest and sleep talk again make up the main focus of the set. Spark is the best physical oriented STAB available, and I really dont mind the relatively high chance for paralysis that goes along with the move. Roar is a fantastic option on Luxray because he stops a decent amount of pokemon thanks to intimidate which allows roar to scout their counters while tacking on a small amount of extra SR damage. This set hates that donphan is as common as he is, though he makes for a decent pivot to missy if I should find myself ready to sweep with her.

-The ev's are max/ max to provide the best bulk possible.

Honchkrow, Ambipom, Swellow, Absol, Toxicroak​

~Wrapping It Up~
I have tried to list clearly why I'm using each mon, and how they help missy sweep. Like I said, it's not an amazing team and I feel like I'm lost since the meta has changed. I just wanted to get a couple critiques on the team before UU changes again. Quagsire's spot is what I think is most up in the air... So perhaps helping me find something that might work better. Anyway, please rate and just help me brainstorm what could work. Thanks for all help​

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Good effort in trying to slip in some forgotten Pokemon. I can't shake the feeling that this needs Spikes support and as such, I would try out Spikes Roserade. Roserade does hit hard, I know that, however you can take full advantage of this with a Spike set and since Roserade is normally forcing switch-outs, you'll find it easier to lay down Spikes. Although running an offensive set on it may be difficult, use the a slightly different moveset with Spikes / Sludge Bomb / Synthesis / Energy Ball with an EV of 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe at a Timid Nature. This is an offensive way of approaching Spikes with a custom EV tailored to maintain good Speed and Special Attack to actually threaten shit. With that being said Spikes + Stealth Rock help break this RegiBro combo your having troubles with. With Mismagius or Luxray threatening Slowbro, its forced to switch to Registeel, taking a sizeable chunk from spikes (2 layers minimum) and sr. With Registeel gone, your free to sweep with Mismagius much freely.

I feel like Quag and Hariyama check similar threats and one needs to go. However, Quagsire can work well because bulky water is a staple on teams. Hariyama is not needed and you can look for Hitmontop on that slot to check shit with priority and most importantly, Rain Dance teams who absolutely takes this team on very well. Hitmontop @ Life Orb with the EVs 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD and moveset of Fake Out / Mach Punch / Close Combat / Pursuit should work out for you. Fake Out + Mach Punch is good for stripping health off Pokemon like Blaziken and any other frail Pokemon while Close Combat adds immediate power to 2HKO Pokemon like Milotic. Pursuit deals with Mismagius trying to flee.

As for other options, Thunderbolt on Luxray should work out to add immediate threat on Slowbro. With Spark, Slowbro isn't easily phazed and the generally idea is to break your weakness to RegiBro. Thunderbolt is a good STAB move for luxray. On Quag, keep Encore to prevent an easy SD set up for Feraligatr. overall gl.

Edit: I noticed that your not comfy with Quagsire through your conclusion (missed that). In that case, look for the standard Milotic as your bulky water selection with the EV spread 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA and movesets Surf / Haze / Hidden Power Grass / Recover. If Quagsire isnt working out, just lean towards Milotic.

I'm too tired for a full-rate, but I do have a nice suggestion (which accommodates Franky's suggestion (spikes) as well).

Since you seem to feel 'meh' about Quagsire, and you do really need some Spikes Support, I suggest you try out Cloyster. Cloyster not only still beats what Quagsire beats (except for Regirock, which is covered and then some by Hariyama), it sets up Spikes on various Pokemon (especially the ever-common Azumarill) that you may have had trouble with before. It will also help you with Honchkrow, which could (and will) be a problem if Luxray bites the dust (or Honchkrow has Roost).

So, give Cloyster a shot, the set I'd recommend is Ice Shard / Surf (or Waterfall) / Spikes / Explosion.

I honestly think that Arcanine would be a better fit over Luxray on this team for several reasons. Although it doesn't quite deal with Honchkrow as well (but still fairly decently), it deals with all the others at least as well and has two key advantages; reliable recovery and access to decent priority.

Two ResTalkers on the same team is already risky enough (especially without a Cleric) but the Luxray set you're using seems like a massive liability even if the opponent is carrying some of those Pokemon, and even more so if they are not. You don't want Torterra, Donphan and other threatening Ground types to get a completely free opportunity to do what they like every time Luxray comes in, do you? I wouldn't. With Arcanine you can go two ways; either use Flare Blitz and Extremespeed alongside Toxic for incoming Water and Rock types, or you can act as a decent Bulky Water lure with Sunny Day + Toxic, using Flamethrower as the lone attack, which would help to break down the RegiBro combo that Franky mentioned as a weakness. Morning Sun is obvious on both sets, and Roar is always available as another option if you really need the PHazing. If you are considering my Arcanine suggestion, I would start with the template spread of 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 Spe with either a Bold or Impish nature, and then you can tweak however you like if you feel more of a need for extra power over bulk.

I'm also concerned about the team's Fire weakness, particularly PoltDoom and LO Moltres. Arcanine could at least check Houndoom with Extremespeed, but not brilliantly, so I have to ask you in this regard if you think you're using the right Hariyama. Alternatively you could try Regirock over Registeel, who can check both Houndoom and Moltres reasonably well, and has a much stronger Explosion among other things. You do lose some special defense and Grass coverage, but just remember that Yanmega and Roserade are leaving UU very soon, which also begs the question of what you're going to do about the Roserade slot on this team?

Alright lets see here:

Franky-
Thunderbolt on Luxray has worked just about as well. Really the only thing I miss is the boosted chance for paralysis that I dont even really need. Thanks for the tip. I tried the Roserade, but I think Im going to go the cloyster route and replace roserade altogether.

Heysup-
Trying out a cloyster(among other things)

Lemmini-
Yeah I completely forgot Arcanine got instant recovery, but I dont think that he will cover Luxrays job as well... However, I'm going to do a massive revamp anyway so Ill give him a shot. Didn't know roserade was leaving; I'm working on a replacement now. Houndoom has always been a bother on just about any team I have. Thanks for the tips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)