Tournament UUFPL - The Dream Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
(approved by the UU mods)
Shoutout to itsjustdrew for starting the dream last decade...

1615323047455.png

(Art by Fusion Flare )

WELCOME TO THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! THE UU FARM PREMIER LEAGUE (UUFPL)!! (signup here!)

So what is it? The UUFPL is set up as an auction based team tournament, nearly identical to UUPL, except it gives some lesser known talents of the UU Community a chance to be selected as part of this experience. While nobody is restricted from joining, the goal is to open up the community to a team tour where more members can participate, joining vets and rookies in a unique experience unlike any other!

I WILL BE POSTING ANNOUNCEMENTS IN THIS THREAD ITSELF (NO NEW THREAD), AND WILL ALWAYS UPDATE THIS FIRST POST(S) WITH THOSE ANNOUNCEMENTS SO IT IS EASY FOR EVERYONE TO SEE

TO SIGN UP, POST AS SUCH:

Code:
Player Name: BigFatMantis
Tiers Played: SS UU / SM UU / ORAS UU / BW UU / DPP UU / ADV UU / GSC UU / RBY UU
Timezone: GMT -8 (PST)

(for managers only:)
Interested in Managing: Yes
But how bad do you really want to manage?: So bad omg
GO AHEAD AND POST TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORMATS/TIERS:

• SS UU :Zeraora:
  • SS UU :Azelf:
  • SS UU :Tapu Bulu:
  • SM UU :Scizor:
  • ORAS UU :Aerodactyl-Mega:
  • BW UU :Victini:
  • DPP UU :Venusaur:
  • ADV UU :Scyther:
  • GSC UU :Nidoqueen:
  • RBY UU :Tentacruel: (Since the tournament is unofficial we will be testing RBY UU in a team tour capacity here. Good luck!)

STRUCTURE:

• There will be 6 or 8 teams, depending on how many people sign up.
  • You can post here to sign up as a player and also express interest in managing a team. There is no separate thread for manager signups.
  • Signups are open for approximately 1.5 to 2 weeks.
  • Managers are selected after about 3-6 days of signups. Manager selection is a bit subjective but will be based, in a nutshell, on how well I think you will handle managing a team.
  • Each manager starts with 120k credits.
  • There are no retains - the auction will be totally vanilla except for potential manager self-retains
  • The minimum number of players per team is 12.
  • There is no maximum number of players on a team.
  • The regular season will be 5 or 7 weeks (depending on 6 or 8 teams), followed by a two round playoffs for the top 4 teams.

UUPL PLAYER/MANAGER RESTRICTIONS:

• Current managers in UUPL are not allowed to manage in UUFPL
  • Current managers in UUPL can, however, sign up as players in UUFPL
  • Players already in UUPL cannot play/sign up for SS UU for UUFPL.
  • Players already in UUPL cannot play/sign up for the Tier that they have already played or plan to play in for UUPL (just be as honest as you can with this - if you sign up for GSC and end up randomly playing GSC in Week 7 of UUPL it's not the end of the world)

As a side note, the reason for these restrictions are to open up UUFPL to more players, typically new players, that don't get many opportunities otherwise, and SS is the most popular tier amongst these newer players.

OTHER RULES:

• In order to purchase themselves, managers must pay 10k + 2k for every win they achieved in the last UUPL they played. If they have never played in a UUPL, then they must pay 10k + 1k for every 15 points they received in the 2020 UU Circuit standings.
  • Trades are permitted but must be approved by the host and must occur before Week 2.
  • Riolu and Liepard are banned from BW UU.
  • Baton Pass is banned from all formats except GSC UU.

Code:
Player Name: BigFatMantis
Tiers Played: SS UU / SM UU / ORAS UU / BW UU / DPP UU / ADV UU / GSC UU / RBY UU
Timezone: GMT -8 (PST)

(for managers only:)
But how bad do you really want to manage?: So bad omg
Signups will close approximately 11 days from this post (so around March 20)
Live Auction will take place the Sunday after signups close at 1:00 PM EST, 6:00 PM GMT, 10:00 AM PST

HAVE FUN!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

(3/12/2021):

The Managers and Teams have been decided! Here are you teams and managers for the Under Used Farm Premier League!

TEAM A: Tropical Malamar Militia :Malamar: - Manager: TMM
TEAM B: Entralink Enteis :Entei: - Manager: faded love
TEAM C: Yanmegatron and the Destroyers :Yanmega: - Manager: SOMALIA
TEAM D: Bad Lombres de Po Town :Lombre: - Manager: Yami
TEAM E: Hungry Hungry Hippowdons :Hippowdon: - Manager: Estarossa
TEAM F: Blipbug City Battlegirls :Blipbug: - Manager: Ramolost
TEAM G: Flapple Bottom Jeans :Flapple: - Manager: avarice
TEAM H: Tangela Ever After :Tangela: - Manager: Luirromen

All Some managers have elected to self-retain themselves. Here are the prices:
  • TMM - $11k Self Retain
  • faded love - $10k Self Retain
  • SOMALIA - $20k Self Retain
  • Yami - $10k Self Retain
  • Estarossa - $10k Self Retain
  • Ramolost - $13k Self Retain
  • avarice - $14k Self Retain
  • Luirromen - $11k Self Retain

Additionally, the following managers have already posted ways to contact them so you can bother them extensively until they draft you:

Other managers will likely provide info later as well.

FINALLY, A SPECIAL TREAT FOR EVERYONE:

WE WILL BE HAVING A UUFPL PRE-DRAFT TRAINING CAMP ON SATURDAY, MARCH 13, @ 4:30PM EST (GMT-5), 1:30PM PST, 9:30PM GMT!!!! (OMG THAT'S LESS THAN 24 HOURS AWAY!!!!!)

This will be held in a separate subroom of the PS UU Room - so just be in the UU Room at that time and it will eventually get revealed.

FAQ:

Q:
Wtf is a pre-draft training camp that sounds dumb af?
A: Basically, it's where any of the players that signed up can go and do some fights to either shake off the rust, as well as show off their skills to managers, scouts, manager surrogates, GameFreak Executives, etc.

Q: How long does it last?
A: It will probably be about two hours but you can just pop in whenever.

Q: Do I have to go?
A: No, and actually a lot of managers host their own practice sessions/tryouts individually so you should ideally contact them for more specific information on what they are looking for.

Q: How does it work?
A: I will be there to organize it so everyone knows what they are doing, but in a nutshell: you will just fight other players there in whatever formats you're looking to play, and post the the link to the fights in the chat so managers can spectate if they wish.

Q: I can't make it!!!
A: Don't worry, as I said before, most managers will pay more attention to their own personal sessions, this is just a more public/open one for everyone generally.

---------------
---------------

Announcements March 14, 2021:

SOMALIA has elected to NOT retain himself for Yanmegatron and the Destroyers - that team now has no retains and will engage in a full vanilla auction draft. SOMALIA will not be playing any games and will focus on managing only. Smogon Inc. LLC has written a check to SOMALIA for $20k to return his retain fee.

THE LIVE AUCTION WILL TAKE PLACE ON SUNDAY, MARCH 21, 2021, @ 6:00 PM GMT! This is 2:00 PM EDT, 11:00 AM PDT. Since Daylight Savings Time just happened in the USA, but not quite yet in the UK, I recommend you all research what this means to ensure you have the correct time. For more information on Daylight Savings Time, you can read this article on TimeAndDate.com. If you would like to take a quiz send me a DM.

Live Auction Time moved to 7:15 PM GMT, 3:15 PM EDT, 12:15 PM PDT, Sunday, March 21, 2021.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Player Name: Expulso
Tiers Played: DPP UU / BW UU / RBY UU
Timezone: GMT-5 (EST)

hs meet me in RBY UU

But how bad do you really want to manage?: So bad omg.
I would love to help get ppl involved in mons, give them advice on their play, etc.! team chat will be active

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)