Tournament UUPL IX Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Rules and General Guidelines
- Best of 3 tiers include SS UU, SM UU and ORAS UU. Both players can decide what tier to play first, and if they can't agree, then the first tier will default to SS UU. Loser picks the tier after that.
- Liepard and Riolu are banned from BW UU
- Baton Pass is banned from BW UU, DPP UU, and ADV UU
- All standard tournament rules apply
- Good luck and have fun!

Week 2:

Blackthorn City Battle Girls (6) vs. Eterna Forest Veterans (4)

SS UU: 100%GXE vs. Indigo Plateau
SS UU: Mindnight vs. Notily
SS UU: avarice vs. SilvioGuacamole
SM UU: Gondra vs. Xiri
ORAS UU: Manipulative vs. Kink
BW UU: r0ady vs. Amukamara
DPP UU: Heysup vs. JabbaTheGriffin
ADV UU: Raichy vs. esche
GSC UU: Estarossa vs. Mr.378
Bo3: Finchinator vs. CBU

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (4) vs. Iki Town Idols (6)

SS UU: odr vs. Lilburr
SS UU: Bebo vs. Serene Grace
SS UU: Meru vs. martha
SM UU: rozes vs. PinkDragonTamer
ORAS UU: Killintime vs. J0RIS
BW UU: Alkione vs. SoulWind
DPP UU: Donphantastic vs. Chill Shadow
ADV UU: TSR vs. Bouff
GSC UU: Leru vs. kaori
Bo3: Sacri' vs. bugzinator

Mikan Island Monsters (7) vs. Heaheabeach Surfers (3)

SS UU: Star vs. Luthier
SS UU: col49 vs. Askov
SS UU: beatiful vs. Highways
SM UU: Bushtush vs. hs
ORAS UU: Garay oak vs. Eternal Spirit
BW UU: Punny vs. EviGaro
DPP UU: TonyFlygon vs. Thiago Nunes
ADV UU: Ark vs. Plas
GSC UU: d0nut vs. Hyogafodex
Bo3: TDK vs. mncmt

Camphrier Town Ladies (4) vs. Safari Zone Smashers (6)

SS UU: Ajna vs. KSt3ve
SS UU: Feliburn vs. LNumbers
SS UU: Ramolost vs. Cynde
SM UU: Pak vs. HT
ORAS UU: Splash vs. Chaitanya
BW UU: choolio vs. watashi
DPP UU: Christo vs. Tomahawk
ADV UU: brewfasa vs. Shiba
GSC UU: Zokuru vs. HSA
Bo3: Adaam vs. robjr

deadline is Sunday March 14th at 10 pm Eastern

Last edited:

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Blackthorn City Battle Girls vs. Eterna Forest Veterans

SS UU: 100%GXE vs. Indigo Plateau : ip is terrible at the game and i love gxe this is ending up in a 6-0
SS UU: Sabella vs. Notily : booty forgot to answer the gdoc that lily sent. therefore i assume hes dead and notily should win against a dead man
SS UU: avarice vs. SilvioGuacamole : depends if avafish fish well i guess. i wish he doesnt tho tired of the milotic and wp rhyperior bullshit
SM UU: Gondra vs. Xiri : cool one. i missed gondra but xiri played good last week but pak is pak
Bo3: Finchinator vs. CBU : this year cbu will go 7 - 2 with only 2 loses against adaam sorry finch

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers vs. Iki Town Idols

SS UU: odr vs. Lilburr : lilburr is a scorpio lol i cant bold her. love odr too
SS UU: Bebo vs. Serene Grace : bebo brought ground coverage on his mong last week for toxtricity and coalossal which was weird and i liked serene grace serie last week
SS UU: Meru vs. martha : no idea
SM UU: rozes vs. PinkDragonTamer : pdt rules
Bo3: Sacri' vs. bugzinator : i have no idea but viv always tell me about how sacri is the best french man so i'll go with my country i guess even if viv is probably wrong given his 2 brain cells

Mikan Island Monsters vs. Heaheabeach Surfers

SS UU: Star vs. Luthier : cant bold 3 - 0 in ss for brazil. why the fuck is tony en dpp uu tho
SS UU: lax vs. Askov : hype game i hope askov wins i think i found him great last week but i dont remember coz like viv i have 2 brain cells.
SS UU: beatiful vs. Highways : bea game was :/ last week and highways played great if he doesnt missclick he got this
SM UU: Bushtush vs. hs : LOOL hs is fucking awful at this game if he wins one game in this tour its unreal in other words he cant play mons free for bush
Bo3: TDK vs. mncmt : tdk sucks but so does brazil

Last edited:
BW UU: r0ady vs. Amukamara - This is gonna be super tight, two experienced bw uuers duking it out. most entertaining bw uu game this week for sure
BW UU: Alkione vs. SoulWind - Alkione is going undefeated this uupl
BW UU: Punny vs. EviGaro
BW UU: choolio vs. watashi - Best bw uuer in this tour lgi brother team #14001500 po days

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
SS UU: 100%GXE vs. Indigo Plateau
SM UU: Gondra vs. Xiri - This should be an enjoyable game to watch. Afaik both are p big fans of SM and have had their respectively good results when it was the main gen. I'm kind of curious to see how both approach the game considering neither is known all too well for building their own stuff. With that said, I may be a little biased in saying that Gondra has impressed me a bit more in recent times overall and especially at his peak of playing this tier in early 2019 or whatever that majors was. Xiri can still hold his own against anyone in this pool, as shown by his solid uu snake run, but I give a decent playing edge to Gondra atm.
ORAS UU: Manipulative vs. Kink - oh lord. I can say for a fact right now this game will be wild as fuck in some respect. After not playing for 1200 years, Manip showed up last week looking like he was ready to play, taking full advantage of his CB Meta and pulling what I considered to be a bit of an upset over the more recently(ish?) proven ORAS commodity in joris. Kink's game was p cursed last week but he always seems to make his usual stuff work in these kinds of bo1s, usually featuring some off the wall pick here and there. Given that factor against someone whos been out of things a while and his comparatively more prominent presence in tours in the last couple years, he seems to have a decent edge here. Although I wouldn't be shocked to see manip take it if he keeps pulling some of the triggers he was last week.

SM UU: rozes vs. PinkDragonTamer - Much like a lot of SM games in this pool will probably be, this is another one I'm intrigued by. rozes had a super one-sided game last week against hs. There isn't a ton to analyze there, but it looked like he came in knowing what to do and executed well, so yeah. PDT did get a bit of favorable luck but he also had a p decent mu advantage imo and played well on top of it. Overall, both looked like they should inspire some kind of confidence from their teams going into week 2. My gut is telling me to go with rozes fsr. He has a lot less experience in the tier, but hes always been a solid player + has SM dork and good friend of his vivalospride in his corner who's presumably doing everything he can to help him succeed, who is also very familiar with PDT. Ofc PDT always has a shot though, as he can stomp p much anyone on the right day.
ORAS UU: Killintime vs. J0RIS - Hot dog. Killintime is always tough to predict. Sometimes his techs hit and he looks like jesus, then some others fall flat and leave him behind at preview. In any case, he's always a tough out, especially if he doesn't get crit every turn. As I mentioned a bit above, joris is someone who impressed me a good amount 2-3 years ago, although the wrinkle here is that he seems to have a good amount less support on the roster around him than he has had previously. I for one wouldn't really know what to expect from him due in part to that, but still, it's hard not to give the edge to killintime given how much he's kept up with the tier in recent years compared to the opposition and his team.

SM UU: Bushtush vs. hs - Both had pretty rough week 1s although bushtush managed to pull his out with some favorable luck down the stretch. Both have always been solid in the tier dating back to its time as the main gen and it should be a competitive game, but I do favor bush a decent amount here. His team support looks to be a lot stronger between tdk / tony, assuming they care enough to prep much for it on a week to week basis. He also had a lot more involvement in the tours scene at the time, holding his own in spl 9 and still maintaining a presence in other officials while banned. hs still had his share of success but it wasnt quite to the degree of the tush, and that's all there really is to go off of since we haven't seen either one in this setting in what seems like quite a while.
ORAS UU: Garay oak vs. Eternal Spirit - This projects on paper to be the hl ORAS mu of the tour. It very well could be, given the past results of both players in the tier, but it's hard to definitively say what kind of direction it'll take. As per usual, it really depends how much both players really care and that isn't a given by any means. Both loaded up old teams last week, which is fine and (should have) worked for both, but it did indicate a bit that this season probably won't be the most intensive effort from either one, not that it was particularly expected to be. Honestly I'd give the edge to whichever side cares more, and ultimately I think that would be the monsters, whereas Garay has also had more consistently good performances here in the past, compared to ES's kinda standalone dominant uupl 2020. So yeah, that on top of what I would consider better support around him make me favor Garay in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)