Tournament UUPL VIII Commencement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Hosted by TPP and Finchinator
Amazing banner by Kaiju Bunny

Hello, and here we are with the newest installment of the UnderUsed Premier League! Like every year, 8 teams with 10 starters each are here to duke it out against each other on the big stage in order to come out on top of the biggest UU team tournament of the year. Who will win? Which players will have this act as their breakout tour and which players will fall? Stay tuned for these answers in the newest UUPL. Without further adieu, here are the teams, the format, and the potential draft date(s) for UUPL VIII.

The teams, their managers, and their tryout discord server links if they have one:

Blackthorn City Battle Girls, managed by EviGaro
Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers, managed by vivalospride - Discord
Camphrier Town Ladies, managed by Adaam - Discord
Mikan Island Monsters, managed by TDK
Ruin Valley Rangers, managed by Pak
Canalave City Clowns, managed by yeezyknows
Iki Town Idols, managed by Sage
Eterna Forest Veterans, managed by CBU - Discord

Format (still not finalized):
Code:
SS UU
SS UU
SS UU
SM UU
ORAS UU
BW UU*
DPP UU*
ADV UU*
GSC UU
Best of 3 (SS UU/SM UU/ORAS UU) or SS UU

*Baton Pass is banned from ADV UU, DPP UU, and BW UU in this tournament.
Draft date(s): March 21st or March 22nd

Good luck to everyone managing and participating, and I hope we see some exciting battles all while everyone shares a good time.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Hello, and here we are with the newest installment of the UnderUsed Premier League! Like every year, 8 teams with 10 starters each are here to duke it out against each other on the big stage in order to come out on top of the biggest UU team tournament of the year. Who will win? Which players will have this act as their breakout tour and which players will fall? Stay tuned for these answers in the newest UUPL. Without further adieu, here are the teams, the format, and the potential draft date(s) for UUPL VIII.

The teams and their managers:

Blackthorn City Battle Girls, managed by EviGaro
Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers, managed by vivalospride
Camphrier Town Ladies, managed by Adaam
Mikan Island Monsters, managed by TDK
Ruin Valley Rangers, managed by Pak
Canalave City Clowns, managed by yeezyknows
Iki Town Idols, managed by Sage
Eterna Forest Veterans, managed by CBU

Format (still not finalized):
Code:
SS UU
SS UU
SS UU
SM UU
ORAS UU
BW UU*
DPP UU*
ADV UU*
GSC UU
Best of 3 (SS UU/SM UU/ORAS UU) or SS UU

*Baton Pass is banned from ADV UU, DPP UU, and BW UU in this tournament.
Draft date(s): March 21st or March 22nd

Good luck to everyone managing and participating, and I hope we see some exciting battles all while everyone shares a good time.
#notmyhost

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
I am pleased to announce that the official banner for UUPL VIII is complete and can be seen below and here too. Thank you Kaiju Bunny for the absolutely incredible artwork! I'll also use this post to also say that I will be linking the tryout discords (if they exist) for teams in the first post of this thread. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your Wednesday.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
i know i'm kind of an unknown quantity so to help managers out, i will list my gsc uu experience:

exhibit a: my gen 2 ladder experience.
as you can see, i am quite literally undefeated on the gsc uu ladder. i wielded "GSC UU Sample #1" with surgical precision against a team including a pikachu for a crushing 6-0 defeat. also listed are my gen 2 random battle exploits, with an earthshaking record of 8-2 and an elo of 1205, which would be higher if that ladder wasn't dead.

exhibit b: a battle where i switched around for 100+ turns to frustrate my opponent into forfeiting.
wrong generation of poke(accent)mon, but i believe it illustrates my patience and prioritization of game plan over all else. during my road to top 10 of the gen 3 random battle ladder, i encountered this unholy matchup where my opponent had a ho-oh and my rock type did not have a rock type move. i expertly maneuvered him/her for 100 turns, which i hear is not uncommon for gsc uu.

exhibit c: a battle where i faced the best of the best, earthworm (the pirate99) and went head to head with him in fierce battle...for the first 40 turns, at least. then he goatered me, as expected.
self explanatory.

TPP

Head TD
We had a mock draft today:

Accelgor23000
robjr22000
BKC21500
Bebo20000
Star20000
Indigo Plateau19500
Christo18000
FLCL18000
Heysup17500
Eo Ut Mortus17500
Sacri'17000
Empo16500
Jytcampbell16000
Xiri16000
Kushalos16000
d0nut14000
rozes13500
ict13000
Luthier12000
Juuno12000
Diophantine11500
hogg11000
PinkDragonTamer11000
lax11000
HSA10500
teal610000
martha10000
xJoelituh10000
Freeroamer10000
Eternally10000
ht9000
Feliburn9000
Alkione9000
Stone_Cold8000
Bouff8000
Odd Della Robbia8000
Ajna7500
Sinkyr7500
suapah7000
z0mOG7000
TSR7000
Santu7000
explodingdaisies7000
Twilight7000
lighthouses7000
faded love6500
amber lamps6500
Hikari6500
Raichy6000
Amukamara6000
CKW6000
Lilburr6000
Jarii5500
Randomnick5000
Sabella5000
bugzinator5000
danger zone4500
DKM4500
esche4500
maroon4500
Cynara4000
Shakur4000
His4000
Moutemoute4000
blarghlfarghl4000
Choolio4000
FALSE3500
Kickassin6663500
Hamhamhamham3000
ZoroDark3000
beatiful3000
GotCookies3000
HarrisIsAwesome3000
H.M.N.I.P3000
Splash3000
egalvanc3000
TJ3000
Manipulative3000
atomicllamas3000
EternalSnowman3000
Killintime3000
avarice3000
GW3000
itsjustdrew3000
Haru3000
Noitu3000
TonyFlygon3000

Lineups:

SS: pak
SS: Indigo Plateau
SS: pinkdragontamer
SM: christo
ORAS: wanka
BW: alive
DPP: H.M.N.I.P
ADV: CKW
GSC: choolio
Bo3: rozes

Subs: Manipulative, DKM

SS: Eternally
SS: Sabella
SS: lighthouses
SM: Freeroamer
ORAS: Teal
BW: Chill Shadow
DPP: Alkione
ADV: z0mOG
GSC: Kaori
Bo3: Sage

Subs: Odd Della Robbia, HSA

SS: KillinTime
SS: False
SS: EternalSnowman
SM: Danger Zone
ORAS: Garay Oak
BW: Accelgor
DPP: Eo Ut Mortus
ADV: Heysup
GSC: HamHamHamHam
Bo3: TDK

Subs: Jarii, TJ, TonyFlygon, Scizorphobic, esche

SS: FLCL
SS: Juuno
SS: Ajna
SM: vivalospride
ORAS: His
BW: Empo
DPP: Donphantastic
ADV: amber lamps
GSC: Shakur
Bo3: ict

Subs: Randomnick, ht

SS: Luthier
SS: Adaam
SS: Hikari
SM: Xiri
ORAS: Star
BW: bugzinator
DPP: Haru
ADV: Noitu
GSC: d0nut
Bo3: lax

Subs: ZoroDark, Lilburr

SS: CBU
SS: Santu
SS: Feliburn
SM: Amukamara
ORAS: Splash
BW: Kushalos
DPP: BKC
ADV: Raichy
GSC: Diophantine
Bo3: TSR

Subs: suapah, Santu, Cynara, maroon

SS: Sacri
SS: martha
SS: explodingdaisies
SM: itsjustdrew
ORAS: bouff
BW: EviGaro
DPP: atomicllamas
ADV: hogg
GSC: xjoelituh
Bo3: robjr

Subs: the kyle, GW

Ty to Juuno for helping out with the auction :)

yeezyknows

Banned deucer.
Hello!

We are currently in the midst of the worst public health crisis of our generation. Please take the proper steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Wash your hands with soap, practice social distancing, and impose a self-quarantine if you develop flu or pneumonia-like symptoms. Spend your time this subforum PL season inside on these subforum PLs.

The absolute worst-case scenario, as forecasted by the CDC, has shown the potential for tens upon tens of millions of Americans to develop COVID-19, with between two hundred thousand to 1.7 million possible deaths.

However, this is the absolute worst-case scenario, an instance where absolutely no steps are taken. If the appropriate measures are taken, we can avoid the spread of this disease to a profound degree.

Please stay safe and follow the guidelines outlined by the CDC and other reputable news sources. This is not the time to be complacent.

Love you all

Worst-case scenario (NYT)

Preventative measures (NYT)

TPP

Head TD
Another mock draft:

A small note, but the bot messed up with the playerlist so Accel wasn't on the playerlist and couldn't be drafted this time around. I have fixed it so we should be good for the real draft tomorrow.
robjr26000
BKC20000
lax20000
Heysup17500
FUMA HI-FI16500
Christo16500
FLCL16500
Shiba15500
Bebo14000
Star14000
Raichy13500
hogg13500
Eo Ut Mortus13500
Empo13500
Kushalos13000
Darksafadao13000
Indigo Plateau13000
Sacri'12000
PinkDragonTamer12000
Xiri12000
Killintime11000
SPACE FORCE meeps10500
Eternally10000
TSR10000
Stone_Cold10000
Odd Della Robbia10000
Ajna9500
Noitu9500
Amukamara9500
Hikari9000
Bouff9000
Feliburn9000
rozes9000
Sinkyr8500
ict8500
Kreme8500
sjneider8500
ht8500
teal68000
H.M.N.I.P7500
bugzinator7500
Sabella7000
CKW7000
jacob6500
HSA6500
Amaroq6500
Twilight6500
Ark6500
Zesty436500
Alkione6000
MetaRiolu76000
col496000
EternalSnowman6000
esche5500
lighthouses5000
TonyFlygon5000
Jytcampbell5000
dingbat4500
Cynara4000
Thisbemyalt4000
danger zone4000
Chaitanya3500
blarghlfarghl3000
Wigglytuff3000
martha3000
Freeroamer3000
Serene Grace3000
FALSE3000
amber lamps3000
Estarossa3000
Flawless Nazgul3000
xJoelituh3000
maroon3000
Jarii3000
Jaajgko3000
Manipulative3000
avarice3000
HarrisIsAwesome3000
z0mOG3000
Osh3000
r0ady3000
Ampha3000
TJ3000
Decem3000
MrAldo3000
Luthier3000
Mr.3783000
brewfasa3000
Choolio3000
suapah3000
Santu3000
Diophantine3000
100%GXE3000
Slowpoke92i3000
Corckscrew3000

Lineups (I don't have all of them but I'll post the ones I have):
SS: Sage
SS: Eternally
SS: rozes
SM: Flawless Nazgul
ORAS: Killintime
BW: Chill Shadow
DPP: fatty
ADV: mr.378
GSC: kaori
bo3: robjr

subs: Amaroq, Estarossa, amber lamps

SS: ajna
SS: odr
SS: sabella
SM: punny
ORAS: gama
BW: bugzi
DPP: dave
ADV: kushalos
GSC: hsa
BO3: yeezy

Subs: twilight, safa

ss: viv
ss: feliburn
ss: cynde
sm: fuma
oras: ht
bw: bouff
dpp: donny
adv: xjoelituh
gsc: space force meeps
bo3: sacri

bench: tbma, martha, esche, alkione, dingbat

SS: Adaam
SS: Bebo
SS: Jytcampbell
SM: Xiri
ORAS: Santu
BW: Choolio
DPP: CKW
ADV: Raichy
GSC: Diophantine
BO3: Star

Subs: suapah, Chaitanaya, Jytcampbell

SS: lighthouses
SS: serene grace
SS: freeroamer
SM: pdt
ORAS: teal6
BW: Hikari
DPP: heysup
ADV: tony
GSC: sinkyr
Bo3: CBU

subs: false tsr ark esm ict

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UUPL VIII Power Rankings
By: Pak, Indigo Plateau, and Sage
1584333020424.png

TEAM OVERVIEWS
Blackthorn City Battle Girls
With the passing of King UU, it was unknown who would step in to lead one of UUPL's most historic franchises. It ended up being EviGaro, who stepped out of the RU jungle to restore the Battle Girls to their former glory after a disastrous last place finish the previous year. With The Kyle there to spam :messi: and :neymar: as well as help plan the draft, this year's rendition of the BGs is both oddly scattered, but also an improvement over the preceding roster. Taking players from all sorts of friends groups and tiers, they will hope to coalesce as a functional team and use their star power (pun 100% intended) to return to the playoffs.

EviGaro may have come back down to earth after a scorching UUPL VI where she became known as the legendary Finchslayer, but she still posted a positive record and is regarded as one of the premier players of BW. Her other retain Kyle had a great 5-2 campaign and will look to avoid regression and keep things moving for the Battle GIrls. Their first pick somehow ended up being Star, despite nearly everyone predicting him to end up with TDK and the Monsters, but after a fantastic SPL his playing skill is very coveted and he will be one of the big threats of current gen provided his teams are solid enough. UU veteran robjr will be anchoring them in bo3, and he'll have great team support from ORAS starter Killin'time (insert Drapion reference) and French prodigy Jaajgko. Teal6 is another "Jerk" pick who can certainly do well despite not being in his preferred Snake 1 meta, and Feliburn takes the prize of Evi's chosen RU main, while looking to pump out quality SS squads for his less prone to building teammates. Harris has shown skill in SM, but his last outing in the tier was a rough SPL X and the onus will be on him to prove he has what it takes in a tough pool. llamas adds to the RU quota and will provide some old gens support for Evi and unknown DPPer -okara. Time will tell if Kyle's scouting pans out for this pick, and the DPP pool is looking to be a hard one to break out in. French prodigy Jaajgko proves once again he's a coveted support slot, notching another steal from the Monsters in the Battle Girls belt. For the clear most important tier in GSC, gorgie looks to learn the ropes as he goes. His GSC OU skill should translate, and notorious Sleep Turn Counter MrAldo will be there to ensure the teams are up to scratch, much like he did in UUPL VI, and perhaps most importantly he gives Evi a full market's share of the RU elite. Finally, explodingdaisies finds his way back on the roster, looking to make more of a mark as a supporter than he did as a starter last year. Perhaps the new gen will be just the spark needed to utilize his surprisingly viable off-meta builds to their greatest effect.

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (the Friends)
Despite extensive roster criticism going into the 2019 season, then-manager pokemonisfun led his team to within a couple dice rolls of reaching the playoffs. According to those on the team, it was largely due to the family-like atmosphere developed among the army of players. This time around, one of the former leaders of the team, vivalospride, decided to take the reins himself as manager. You may notice a striking resemblance between the team's 2020 draft and that of their's in the previous year. Although it does have some notable tweaks, it seems the team decided to go in a very similar direction in this edition of UUPL, picking up a total of 17 players and dwarfing the amounts of most other teams. Naturally, this approach severely limited the amount of perceived top talent that the Friends were able to acquire, instead hoping the hard work and established chemistry within the team could carry them to a sum greater than their mostly-cheap parts.

The team got off to a strong start, grabbing the UU-main-turned-OU-mainstay Sacri', to go along with their pre auction buys in viv himself and Donphantastic. While Sacri' has not been active in the tier for a couple years, his playing ceiling is unquestioned and he won't be lacking for support in Bo3. Along with their new gen anchors in the former two, top DPP UU player and cheap retain, Donphantastic, gives them some insurance in the old gens. Beyond that trio, the team really only shelled out money on Odd Della Robbia for SS, who has been on a hot streak as of late in RU metas. Beyond this point in the draft, the team invested in the aforementioned huge sum of players; all of whom cost 7.5k or less. Alongside ODR and viv in SS is tournaments mainstay, rozes, who may lack the playing potential of those he's constantly associated with, but he has always shown a willingness to help out his teams in whatever way he can. The trio finds their primary support through knowledgeable UU subforum residents: Twilight and TSR. In gen 7 we have long-time friend of viv's, FUMA HI-FI, who aims to back up some of the hype he's gotten against a strong SM pool. The ORAS core mostly consists of old men Thisbemyalt and Kreme, who have stuck around for years in spite of their shaky-at-best activity with the game itself. In BW we have usual-new-gen player Bebo receiving support from more established options in Somalia and Alkione. While Bebo's playing ceiling is notable, it remains to be seen if the somewhat questionable decision of slotting him over the latter two with more experience will pay off. Former Friends members Noitu and Amber Lamps are back in ADV again, hoping to build on their lower-end performance of last year. Finally, GSC lies with the previously-steady hand of Sinkyr, although the GSC pool seems to have beefed up considerably in comparison to 2019. Although most starters are expected to hold their own in some capacity, the 2020 Friends seem to lack the level of raw skill possessed by most of the other competition. Will they defy the odds again and make another respectable push towards the playoffs or will the wheels finally fall off?

Camphrier Town Ladies
8th Grand Slam Winner, UU stud, and Primarina h8r Adaam proudly leads the Camphrier Town Ladies into UUPL VIII for the first time. Despite no player retains, the Ladies started off the draft relatively shorter on funds than other teams with Adaam purchasing his own playing rights. However, this didn’t stop them from going big early on for Christo, one of the most talented UU players up to date. Adaam finished off the draft strong by making a statement and nominating Manipulative as his last pick. However, will this be enough for the Ladies to have a strong franchise debut?

The Ladies’ SS core might be last in the power rankings, but that does not mean they will flat out fail. Xiri made a name for himself in SM UU after defeating then UUTL Pearl. Boomer and once UU goat Hikari and UU Masters finalist 100%GXE were ranked relatively low despite both being in touch with the current meta. These three can definitely put up a solid fight, but it will depend on how much effort they actually put forward. Christo should dominate the SM field with his incredible playing talent. In ORAS, the team has Santu; although not known for building or putting forth a ton of prep himself, Santu has shown that he is talented. The team’s ORAS building looks to be dry, though, so this could be a very iffy slot. r0ady looks to bounce back from a 2-3 record last season but will struggle in a competitive BW pool. Things do not get better for the Ladies, as Heysup faces stiff competition in a monstrous DPP pool, where the team would hope he can come out with a positive record. Sam I Yam finds himself in ADV, looking to salvage a poor 1-4 record from last season. Similar to the rest of his team, stall lord Zokuru will look to make moves in a GSC pool where he is not ranked very highly. Boasting an impressive undefeated 7-0 record in UUPL VII, Adaam will undoubtedly have a tougher time this season in Bo3. The Ladies possess subs in col49, H.M.N.I.P., Skysolo, and Manipulative, capable of filling in most slots if others flop. Overall, this team is plagued with activity and effort issues despite the playing talent present across several slots. The Ladies will largely depend on Adaam to become a leader and motivate the rest of the squad. If Christo and Adaam flop and the rest of the team remains unmotivated, do not be surprised if the Ladies come up short of glory.

Mikan Island Monsters
The vaunted Jerk team is back at it again, but this time without Pearl to support a million slots and have his team stall the ever-living daylights out of the competition. His replacement tier leader / manager TDK has done an admirable job in keeping with the spirit of the team. With an early purchase of fellow manager Tony, TDK was able to both play Smogon Tour and assemble a roster that feels very much in line with previous editions of the Monsters. Proven Tournament players make up the rank and file of the starting slots, relying on team support from a few chosen workhorses, and some motivated substitutes and support slots to keep the chat going. They no doubt have a veritable armada of teams to choose from in nearly every tier, and with solid piloting this will once again be a recipe for success.

The Monsters started with the aforementioned manager purchase of TDK, as well as retaining ORAS superstar Garay Oak to give them a great albeit expensive foundation for two players. Fooly returns to BW lower tiers, where he may have more wins than times he speaks per week, and Tony was another early addition to alleviate TDK's multitasking as well as grind out SS. With many tiers covered already, piloting skill was next on the agenda, grabbing a pair of SPL semifinalists in eo and ict for DPP / ADV respectively, both having good prior results in their listed tiers. d0nut makes his UUPL debut in Good Skillful Competitive, and while he might not have played this tier very extensively, he's a quality GSC player who will have solid metagamer Diophantine backing him up with building support, looking to help a team out after a mediocre showing last season. Part time RU Wizard / Part time Rapper Ajna and aye yuh Neider are both players who have great ceilings if they can find a footing in whatever tier they are slotted in, and Classiest star + Sjneider's bf Suapah will look to fill in both SS / SM should one of those slots not pan out. Lastly, MAGMA BIG jacob is there to provide some modicum of testing and support in old gens, unfortunately missing from yeezyknows’ roster after a memory lapse. The Monsters are not unstoppable, as seen by their Semifinals exit last year with a very similar style of players and team chemistry, but once again they will be the team to beat for another round of UUPL.

Ruin Valley Rangers
Last year's victors are back again, this time with a significantly lower amount of Latinos. While the team chemistry won't be popping off the charts, Pak hasn't lost a handle on how to run a draft and has gotten a talented group of experienced boomers mixed with a few high risk high reward picks. This time he's inserting himself into the fray with a manager purchase after sitting out last years ruckus, and we'll see if he shakes the rust off to dominate yet another UU tour. They do say it's the defending champ's trophy to lose after all!

With a very different pack of retains compared to last year, the Rangers started off strong in current gen with Pak and Draco Dropper Wanka looking to innovate together, and the rear end of the tiers covered by "the best player" alive in GSC. A shockingly cheap BKC was the first pick off the boards, but some managers believed to be merely a fair if not slightly undervalued price for someone with an inconsistent track record in old gen lower tiers despite his immense playing skill. He ended up in ADV after the newly christened brewfasa and hairy toenail have returned to play with their homies, fresh off a stint with Sage and the Idols last year. ht has been struggling a bit in tournament play, but in ORAS he has had perhaps his peak as a player, while fatty will continue to put up solid results in DPP. Lower tiers jack of all trades Eternally will be piloting SM, and he has had many successes there over the years. For SS the Rangers have gone for some more volatile picks in tour bros Sabella and Zorodark, but booty has made a point to grind UU when he has a chance, and ZoroDark is a great player in his own right, despite "not knowing half the new mons." His words, not mine! Choolio takes the reins in BW and fills out the SPL IX (NOT the SPL X) Raiders core, but it is yet to be seen if the loss of Baton Pass will cripple him for good. Rounding out the team is green SS player MetaRiolu7, who has impressed people in UU masters, as well as the Great White Ark for some wisdom and reliability as a substitute. Motivation will be the key for this year's Rangers, they won't have the high activity of some of their lesser grizzled players from last year, and if they can find that fire they'll be a tough out for anyone in the tournament.

Canalave City Clowns
Taking over for the long-standing UUPL franchise of the Route 30 Shit UUsers (man, chances are none of you will even know what this is), ahem Youngsters, is UU mainstay yeezyknows. While he is perhaps the manager most lacking tournament experience or previous results, he's been around the block over the last couple years, spanning back to his UUPL debut with the Smashers in 2018. Throughout SM he has established himself thoroughly, earning a spot in the most recent Smogon Snake Draft and eventually a place on the gen 8 UU council, while building a number of tours connections that assisted him in assembling the team he has before us today. Joining him pre-season were strong tournament players, Lopunny Kicks and Eternal Spirit, although neither of them is expected to be too active in the prep department. That theme largely carried through the rest of the draft, as it is littered with good tournament players who possess various degrees of experience in UU tiers. This approach is far from foreign in tours like UUPL, and the success levels its yielded mostly depend on the support system placed around them. There seems to be a lot of pressure on yeezy's shoulders in that regard, but the team's maximum potential is one of the highest in the tournament.

First off, yeezy decided to slot himself in bo3. Despite his ranking on the lower end of the slot, it is much less about yeezy's capabilities as a player and more about the competition level among his competitors, in addition to his inexperience in ORAS UU with no real support on that front. As mentioned above, Lop Kicks and Gama are expected to see solid success in their respective pools of BW and ORAS, giving the team a respectable foundation off the bat. The team's primary big buy was lax, who has seen a ridiculous amount of success over the last couple years in settings like SPL and WCoP. He has also been fairly active in the new UU, and he is fully expected to carry over his positive momentum into SS UU no john wins. Rounding out SS are some SPL LC standouts in ggggd and Luthier, who seem to be rather inexperienced in the tier, but have put their high ceilings on display in recent times. Empo is manning Sun and Moon with a solid support system behind him, and he has consistently shown to be a strong tournament player in pretty much all settings. He does not possess too much experience in SM UU specifically, but given his offensive playstyle lending itself well to the tier, he's expected to soundly hold his own. The team's main blunder was when yeezy forgot to buy an established DPP slot, where he was forced to place Thiago Nunes instead. Of all the pools to throw someone unfamiliar with a tier to the wolves, DPP is definitely one of the worst ones to do so given how deep it is with top talent, especially since he lacks much support there as well. However, the Clowns finished the draft on a high note, picking up Bouff for ADV and HSA for GSC. Bouff has shown to be a solid ADV option in the past, possessing a notable passion for the tier to go along with his unique ability to support most slots in the tour to some extent. HSA's price was pretty ridiculous considering he's widely considered a top end GSC player, and yeezy was likely ecstatic when he pulled off this pick at the end of the auction. Beyond their week 1 starters are new gens support in Splash, martha, and solonor24, along with xJoelituh for some old gens back up. It will be crucial for the former three alongside yeezy himself to get on the same page with their SS and SM starters from the get-go, and they appear more than capable of doing so given their recent experience in the tier. As a whole, in spite of a couple weak spots, the Clowns have a wide collection of talented, high-potential players, which leads to a high overall ceiling. It also very much depends on the support given to them and how much their inexperience shines through during the team's games. The team is perhaps the strongest case of "boom or bust" in this year's UUPL.

Iki Town Idols
The Iki Town Idols return after a phenomenal franchise debut in UUPL VII, where they came up just short of claiming the title of champions in a nail-biting tiebreaker. The team is once again led by the versatile Magma Big Sage, who has a hot hand following a respectable OU showing in SPL. The Idols started off the roster strong with retains Chill Shadow and kaori, two players who had top records in their respectable tiers. One can tell by glancing at the lineup that the Idols have great chemistry and a relatively consistent on-paper lineup. However, their roster will also rely on certain key players to put up top records once again if their weak spots can’t hang in against the competition.

The team’s first pick was UU-mainstay and veteran Hogg, who is proven to be versatile and can provide leadership and support in several tiers. Although Hogg had a shaky 2-5 record in ORAS last season, there is no question that he is capable of turning it around and coming out with a positive record in a relatively top-heavy ADV pool. The SS core for the Idols consists of Sage, Freeroamer, and Lilburr. Sage has been putting in work during SPL and throughout SS UU’s lifespan, so expect her to come out hot. Freeroamer has been keeping up with the meta lately despite a short break and has generally been regarded as a knowledgeable UU player, so he is more than capable of doing well here. Don’t be misled by Lilburr’s low SS ranking – she has been sharpening her skills all season long and can pull of some offsets with a bit of confidence. The team decided to slot Meeps in BW instead of CS, who had an astonishing 8-1 record last year. With proper support, Meeps can succeed in BW with proper support but will face stiff competition from top players like Lopunny Kicks and FLCL. CS is unquestionably talented but finds himself in perhaps the most difficult pool this year, where putting up the same record as last season will be significantly harder. If needed, the team can shuffle slots around depending on how BW/DPP work out. Shiba returns as the #2 ranked SM to redeem himself for coming up short in tiebreakers last season after a very solid 6-3 record. If the Fortnite grind has not gotten to his head, Shiba should end the season with a Top 3 record. Juuno, Cynara, and Moutemoute are motivated subs that can provide building support across several tiers. The Idols’ lineup is not without flaw, however; two slots that can be very worrisome for the Idols are ORAS and Bo3. GunGunJ is unproven here and up against players with more UU experience or better team support. The Sagezinator core returns in true fashion from LTPL, but bugzi finds himself in a stacked Bo3 pool and will have to be on his A+ game if he wants compete with the giants. If these two slots and their SS trio can defy the rankings, then look for the Idols to make some noise and come back hotter and more fashionable than last year.

Eterna Forest Veterans
Although the Friends' core mostly carried over from the previous year, one notable subtraction was that of reigning ULT/UU Majors champion, CBU. He has been active within the community for a number of years and put that experience on full display in his draft plan, which mostly consisted of other UU mainstays. Despite the team entering the auction as the one of only ones lacking any retains, they made up for it by nabbing another long-time UU player in Accelgor, albeit at an absolutely gargantuan price tag of 26k. It goes without saying that such an investment limits the rest of the draft's flexibility price wise, but the man has been tearing up SS UU and offers unparalleled support to teammates in nearly every other tier included in the tournament. Due in large part to the Accel buy, the team finds itself on the more top-heavy side, which is a perfectly viable draft strategy if some of the team's cheaper picks hit their intended mark. If not, the Veterans could be in for a long season.

CBU finds himself holding it down in Bo3, expected to put forth a solid performance albeit in a stacked pool of players. As stated above, Accelgor has been finding his groove in SS UU, reaching the semifinals of UU Masters and remaining active through its variety of major shifts. Joining him in the tier's newest iteration is Indigo Plateau, another semifinalist of the on-going UU Masters tour. Given some recent struggles in settings like snake and the previous UUPL, he aims to turn the tides and appears to be in prime position to do so. Closing out the SS core is respectable tournament player, Jytcampbell, although his comfort level and potential in the tier remain to be seen. Once-hyped newcomer, PinkDragonTamer, is expected to continue to hold his own in Sun and Moon, coming off a couple solid performances in UUPL 2019 and LTPL. The team's ORAS slot belongs to dingbat, who offers years of experience in the tier and along with seemingly unparalleled luck, which can be pointed to for a number of his UUPL wins in recent memory. Another UU mainstay in Amukamara finds himself in BW, as opposed to his usual setting of the tier's current iteration. Despite the tier shift and presumably lacking the experience possessed by many other competitors in the tier, he has shown in recent years to be a respectable player within UU, finally putting that on display by holding his own in his first UUPL last year. Stone_Cold makes for an interesting pick for DPP. Although he has been around for years and will undoubtedly make the chat more fun, he has never made much of an impact on the battlefield, not to mention that he'll be squaring off against a strong DPP pool. ADV player Raichy put forth a fantastic performance in UUPL 2019, playing a crucial part in the team taking home the trophy. Hopes remain high for this edition, but it's up to him to keep up the consistency with his sometimes-erratic playstyle. Lastly is Mr.378, who lacks much of a sample size in GSC UU, but he has seen success on the biggest stage within the generation, albeit in OU, and he hopes to replicate that on this smaller scale. The team's supporting cast consists of esche, Jacobikko, His, and Flawless Nazgul, whom all possess some degree of experience in the tier and hope to build on the team's presumably friendly environment. As mentioned above, the Veterans took more of a top-heavy approach, possessing a strong core of players up front, but it left them with a couple more projected weak slots than they would prefer. However, this team is fully expected to be active and hardworking, potentially allowing them to reach higher heights than their middling-at-a-glance appearance may suggest.

PLAYER RANKINGS
1) Accelgor
2) lax
3) Kushalos
4) Sage
5) Xiri
6) Star
7) Indigo Plateau
8) Wanka
9) vivalospride
10) Freeroamer
11) teal6
12) Odd Della Robbia
13) ggggd
14) Sabella
15) Ajna
16) Luthier
17) TonyFlygon
18) Feliburn
19) ZoroDark
20) Hikari
21) 100%GXE
22) rozes
23) Jytcampbell
24) Lilburr

1) Christo
2) Shiba
3) Eternally
4) Empo
5) PinkDragonTamer
6) Sjneider
7) HarrisisAwesome
8) Fuma HI-FI

1) Garay Oak
2) HT
3) Killintime
4) Eternal Spirit
5) Santu
6) Dingbat
7) Thisbemyalt
8) GunGunJ

1) FLCL
2) EviGaro
3) Lopunny Kicks
4) SPACE FORCE meeps
5) choolio
6) r0ady
7) Amukamara
8) Bebo

1) Eo Ut Mortus
2) Donphantastic
3) Chill Shadow
4) brewfasa
5) Heysup
6) Stone_Cold
7) Thiago Nunes
8) -okara

1) Raichy
2) BKC
3) ict
4) Hogg
5) Bouff
6) The Kyle
7) Sam I Yam
8) Noitu

1) alive
2) Kaori
3) HSA
4) d0nut
5) Mr.378
6) gorgie
7) Zokuru
8) Sinkyr

1) Pak
2) TDK
3) Adaam
4) robjr
5) Sacri'
6) CBU
7) bugzinator
8) yeezyknows

1) Mikan Island Monsters - 60 pts
2) Ruin Valley Rangers - 56 pts
3) Iki Town Idols - 46 pts
4) Canalave City Clowns - 44 pts
5) Eterna Forest Veterans / Blackthorn City Battle Girls - 42 pts
7) Camphrier Town Ladies - 40 pts
8) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers - 29 pts

Please remember that these rankings are just a fun thing and don't take them to heart too much. It's a few people's opinions after all. Good luck to all teams and all players participating and lets make it a great tour sirs. Also shoutouts to the IP and Sage for slaving away with me on this goddamn.

Last edited:
NYANPASU AND WELCOME TO THE HEAVILY-REQUESTED UUPL POWER RANKINGS

In this ranking, I will PRIMARILY be ranking based on the individual skills of the players. Prowess in a specific tier will be secondary, and will mostly be disregarded if the participant in question lacks any qualifications in said tier on the big stage. That being said, if someone has displayed competency in GSC OU, for example, I will naturally assume that that skill will carry over to GSC UU. We will also NOT be factoring in motivation in most situations, because attempting to gauge that is way too arbitrary and would skew all of my predictions. Anyway, let's begin!

The Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers

SS UU: rozes
SS UU: vivalospride
SS UU: Odd Della Robbia
SM UU: FUMA HI-FI
ORAS UU: Thisbemyalt
BW UU: Bebo
DPP UU: Donphantastic
ADV UU: Noitu
GSC UU: Sinkyr
Bo3: Sacri'

The SS core is rather lackluster. rozes isn't exactly known for his standout performances on the sheet, but he's probably skilled enough to have a decent performance in a lower tier PL. vivalos is a filler character who apparently is the manager of the team...so let's move on. ODR is a massively hyped RU prospect, and it appears people fancy his skills in UU as well. He has no experience on the big stage, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if he flopped. The rest of the team consists of a bunch of filler characters who I will assume are all bad. The exception to this is Sacri, who is easily one of the best players in the entire tournament. I would be shocked if he didn't get at least 5-6 wins.

Overall, this team is honestly a joke, and it would be pretty surprising if they did anything remotely notable in this tournament. Let's move on.

Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: Sabella
SS UU: ZoroDark
SS UU: Wanka
SM UU: Eternally
ORAS UU: HT
BW UU: choolio
DPP UU: brewfasa
ADV UU: BKC
GSC UU: alive
Bo3:Pak

Sabella usually puts forth decent performances on the big stage. He's probably good enough to have a decent season, at least. ZoroClick is an above average player, which means that he is probably elite in the context of this tour. I wholly expect him to go positive. Wanka is a filler character, so we can ignore him. In SM, we have Eternally. I've never been a big fan of his skills, though, at least relative to how the masses view him. I'll predict him to get around 4 wins. In ORAS...LOOOOOOOOL of course. I knew HT would be in this tour. Classic. Anyway, if you've read any one of my posts, you'll know my stance on HT. I think he's pretty bad; the fact that he went for 17k is pretty baffling to me. That being said, this isn't SPL, so perhaps he can fluke his way to 3 wins or something.

In BW, we have choolio. choolio looked pretty washed in his last SPL appearance, so that makes me a bit concerned. He might have upside, but I don't really expect him to do that well. In DPP, we have another filler character, so let's ignore him too. In ADV, we have BKC, who is easily the best player in the entire tournament. Based on his ridiculous ADV SPL showing, you'd have to be insane to not think BKC would get least 7 wins in this tour. alive is next up. I don't really know much about him, but apparently won the World Cup back in the stone age. I'm gonna assume he's crust, and thus, garbage. The team is rounded out by Pak, who proved the haters (mostly me LOL) wrong in his last performance on the big stage. I'm sure he'll do pretty well in this tour.

Overall, this team's decent. They have some capable players that could lead them to the playoffs.

The Iki Town Idols

SS UU: Sage
SS UU: Freeroamer
SS UU: Lilburr
SM UU: Shiba
ORAS UU: GunGunJ
BW UU: SPACE FORCE meeps
DPP UU: Chill Shadow
ADV UU: Hogg
GSC UU: kaori
Bo3: bugzinator

The SS core of the team is honestly a meme. Sage is the "star" player here, I suppose. I wrote her off as unviable after a terrible SPL X, but she had a relatively solid showing in SPL XI. He's probably good enough to get around 3-4 wins in this tour, I suppose. The other two players are irrelevnt, so let's move on. In SM, we have Shiba, a UU mainstay who has never really accomplished anything of note on the big stage. I don't really have much faith in him. ORAS is occupied by another filler character, so we can safely ignore him too.

In BW UU, we have meeps. I wouldn't say meeps is good, but he usually manages to accrue some wins in the lower tiers against some sub-par opposition. I doubt he'll be facing too many threats, so I'd expect him to get around 4 wins. In DPP, we have Chill Shadow, an RU mainer. He's been about average in team tours, which I guess means he's probably good enough to have a decent performance in this tour. The team's ADV player is Hogg, who hasn't played too much in relevant tours. He was decently impressive back in SPL VII, but that was quite a long time ago. His season could really go either way. In GSC, we have a Doubles player...yeah. I don't even know, people. Apparently he did well in the past in GSC UU, but does that really matter? I suppose it means that he might be viable in this tier, but I really don't have any faith. The team is rounded out by one of Smogon's biggest enigmas, bugzinator. He's very strange, but when he's on his game, he has displayed quite a bit of talent. I'll bank on him going positive here I suppose.

This is another team with some decent pieces, but I'm pretty skeptical of a lot of their players.

The Camphrier Town Ladies

SS UU: Xiri
SS UU: Hikari
SS UU: 100%GXE
SM UU: Christo
ORAS UU: Santu
BW UU: r0ady
DPP UU: Heysup
ADV UU: Sam I Yam
GSC UU: Zokuru
Bo3: Adaam

Xiri is a PU mainer who did well in his one relevant tournament. He was playing some pretty bad people, though, so I'm not overly confident in his abilities. His season could go either way, I suppose. Hikari is easily one of the best UUers of all time; it's hard to know how much effort he will put into this tournament, but I'm a big believer in his ability. I think he'll go positive. The SS last slot is occupied by another irrelevant player. In SM, we have without question, the best UUer in the entire tournament, GOD CHRISTO. I've always been a big Christo fan, and he showed in SPL XI that he's not a one-trick pony, either. Back in his home UU tier, I would honestly be surprised if he lost more than a single game; he should wash pretty much everyone. In ORAS, we have Santu. He put himself on a map in a big way with a pretty nice run in SPL XI. I'm still not too big of a believer, but he should do decently.

In BW, we have another filler character. In DPP, OMG HEYSUP IS IN LOL GOAT Heysup was definitely a pretty skilled player once upon a time. I'm worried about the crust rule rearing its ugly ahead again; he won't have to play too many good players, though, so I'll be cautiously optimistic and say that I expect him to do decently. In ADV, we have Sam I Yam, the Tyrants cheerleader. There's no real evidence that he's viable, so. In GSC we have Zokuru, who had some pretty impressive GSC wins in the past SPL. considering that he'll now be going up against inferior competition, I'm honestly inclined to believe that he has a pretty nice shot of doing fairly well here. Lastly, we have Adaam. He's been decent in team tours, but he clearly has a lot of talent, as evidenced by his Grand Slam trophy. He should do pretty well.

This team has some pretty nice players, as well as some filler characters. They're not bad, though.

The Eterna Forest Veterans

SS UU: Accelgor
SS UU: Indigo Plateau
SS UU: Jytcampbell
SM UU: PinkDragonTamer
ORAS UU: dingbat
BW UU: Amukamara
DPP UU: Stone_Cold
ADV UU: Raichy
GSC UU: Mr.378

Accel went for a ridiculous 26k in this tour LOOL what are people smoking? He hasn't really impressed on the big stage, though he did manage to positive last Snake I suppose. I'll give him some benefit of the doubt and say that he'll do decently, but it seems quite unlikely that my fellow [VoD] member will live up to his price tag. Next up, we have L;LSG;LAG;LG;DKGLA OH MY GOD. Man, I thought I wouldn't have to talk about this dude anymore. Whatever. Indigo Plateau is unviable, so I wholly expect him to get washed. Next up we have jytcampbell. I've never really thought he was too impressive; that being said, he's probably good enough to get around 3 wins, I suppose. In SM, ORAS, and BW, we have three more filler characters.

In DPP, we have...DAVE? LMAO WHAT DAVE STILL PLAYS? I mean...he's -15 on the sheet and he's most definitely crust. That being said, he most assuredly has a fair amount of DPP UU experience. I'm not too confident in his ability to succeed; the crust rule makes me way too nervous here. Next up, we have Raichy. He hasn't really done anything too notable on Smogon, especially in lower tiers so he's another player I don't have too much faith in. At least he he has some experience in relevant tours, I suppose. In GSC, we have THE ICE BEAMER LMFAO YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!! Man, all the clowns really come out for UUPL. His SPL finals choke aside, he did manage to have a nice run in that tournament. He's probably good enough to go even here. The team is rounded out by CBU, a non-Asta / Fear / roudolf Greek player. You know the drill.

Overall...this team's garbage.

The Canalave City Clowns

SS UU: lax
SS UU: ggggd
SS UU: Luthier
SM UU: Empo
ORAS UU: Eternal Spirit
BW UU: Lopunny Kicks
DPP UU: Thiago Nunes
ADV UU: Bouff
GSC UU: HSA
Bo3: yeezyknows

This man yeezy really named his team the clowns LMAO wow. The SS core of the team is the best I've seen so far. lax is absolute monster, and is definitely one of the best players in the tour. He should smash everyone. Pablo and Luthier are LC mains who have displayed some solid levels of talent on the big stage. I think they'll both do relatively well. Next up, we have Empo. You all know that I haven't consumed the Empo kool-aid; that being said, he's definitely talented enough to wash a bunch of random SM UU players. In ORAS, we have Gama, a sheet warrior who hasn't been at his best lately. His relatively poor recent form makes him a bit riskier of a pick than normal, but either way, he should be able to click his way to 5 or 6 wins.

In BW, we have Lop Kicks, another sheet warrior who had a sub-par SPL. I also think he'll be able to go positive pretty easily. In DPP, we have our first filler character; the fact that we made it this far without seeing a filler character in this lineup is pretty impressive, honestly LOL In ADV...we have Bouff LMAO man. Bouff certainly isn't viable; the fact that he went for 13k is absolutely insane. He is a good team supporter, though. lol. In GSC, we have HSA, a crust player who looked revitalized before his disastrous Snake III performance. I don't really know how to feel about him, but he probably won't sink the team. Lastly, we have yeezyknows, a Derk member who displayed some competency in Snake III. His record was unfortunately marred by some luck, though. Either way, he doesn't have enough experience on the big stage to make me too confident in him. His season could go either way.

Overall, this is definitely the best team so far. They have a lot of sheet-warriors who should be able to carry the inferior goons on the squad.

The Mikan Island Monsters

SS UU: TonyFlygon
SS UU: Kushalos
SS UU: Ajna
SM UU: Sjneider
ORAS UU: Garay oak
BW UU: FLCL
DPP UU: Eo Ut Mortus
ADV UU: ict
GSC UU: d0nut

Ah, yes. The famed Jerk team. The SS core of the team is pretty interesting. Tony has displayed some proficiency on the big stage as of late, and he should have enough talent to do decently well in this tour. Kushalos has been a good lower tier player for a while, and I have a solid amount of faith in him. He should easily go positive. Ajna is without question the best RU player on the site; I'm not sure how his proficiency in that tier will translate to UU, but I'm relatively optimistic about his ability to perform here. I think he'll probably get at least 4 wins. In SM, we have Sjneider. I was never too impressed with him, but he has now managed to put together a solid 14-6 run across 2 tours. He has to be respected for that, and against an inferior player pool, he should be able to go positive. In UU, we have Garay Oak. He's had some decent performances in team tours, and is probably good enough to go positive against some bums.

Next up is FLCL, who is scorching hot right now. He's having one of the best tours of his career, and it'd be shocking to see him not finish positive, even if he'll probably load up the same team for 8 weeks in a row. In DPP, we have Eo, who's easily the best DPP UUer in the tournament. That tier is all about stall, and that should fit Eo's skill profile nicely; I'm sure he has a sizable amount of experience in it as well. It would be pretty surprising if he didn't get at least 6 wins. In ADV, we have ict. Leon's always been good at lower tiers, and he should definitely be able to wash some scrubs here. The team is rounded out by d0nut and TDK. d0nut really impressed me in World Cup, and he's shown that he's one of the better GSC players on the site. I have full confidence that he'll smash the poor GSC UU pool. TDK hasn't had a great tour in a while; he's been slumping a fair amount lately. That being said, this isn't SPL. He should easily be able to go positive in this tour and has a lot of upside as well.

How on earth was this roster assembled? LOOL Were the other teams sleeping or something???? WHAT????? LOOOL God, why even play this tour? If this team doesn't win, I will be absolutely shocked. Man, the rest of you need to learn how to draft.

The Blackthorn City Battle Girls

SS UU: Star
SS UU: teal6
SS UU: Feliburn
SM UU: HarrisIsAwesome
ORAS UU: Killintime
BW UU: EviGaro
DPP UU: -okara
ADV UU: The Kyle
GSC UU: gorgie

Let's move on to our final team. This team features a nice Jerk core of Star + teal6. Star's one of the best players in the tour, and I'd be surprised if he didn't get at least 5-6 wins. teal's proven recently that he's not just a lower tier farmer, smashing people in OU as well. He's always done well in the lower tiers in official tours, so he should easily be able to get 5 or more wins too. Last up in SS, we have Feliburn. He's struggled quite a bit on the big stage, and I don't really think he knows UU too much. I'm pretty skeptical of his ability to succeed here. Next up is Harris, who hasn't been too great in relevant tours. I'm not really a big believer on him, but he might be able to get around 3 wins or so, I suppose. In ORAS, we have our first filler character. Let's move on.

In BW, we have EviGaro, whose probably still suffering from the Kobe curse. I don't have too much faith in her abilities outside of RU, so I'm not really expecting her to do too well. In DPP and ADV, we have two more filler characters. How fun. In GSC, we have the ASCENDED FLOPPY, who showed that he wasn't a washed up loser in SPL. He had some pretty nice games, honestly. I'm not fully aboard the bandwagon after just 1 tour, though; this man has been mediocre for his whole career. That being said, he should be able to go positive in this tour, at least. Last up, we have robjr. He's shown that he's a force to be reckoned with in UU, and I wholly expect him to smash most of the competition.

Overall, this team's not terrible. They have some nice pieces, but also some meme slots.

Final Rankings:

1. The Mikan Island Monsters

This team is so much better than any of the other teams. Why even bother ranking rest LOOOOOOOL jesus

2. The Canalave City Clowns

This team is the clear second-place team. Man, now it gets tricky hmmm

3. The Camphrier Town Ladies
4. The Blackthorn City Battle Girls
5. The Ruin Valley Rangers
6. The Iki Town Idols
7 and 8. The Friend Zone Safari Pokemon Trainers / The Eterna Forest Veterans Flip the order of these two if you want; they're both equally unviable. These two teams shouldn't bother playing. It's over already.

Last edited:

In this ranking, I will PRIMARILY be ranking based on the individual skills of the players. Prowess in a specific tier will be secondary, and will mostly be disregarded if the participant in question lacks any qualifications in said tier on the big stage. That being said, if someone has displayed competency in GSC OU, for example, I will naturally assume that that skill will carry over to GSC UU. We will also NOT be factoring in motivation in most situations, because attempting to gauge that is way too arbitrary and would skew all of my predictions. Anyway, let's begin!

The SS core is rather lackluster. rozes isn't exactly known for his standout performances on the sheet, but he's probably skilled enough to have a decent performance in a lower tier PL. vivalos is a filler character who apparently is the manager of the team...so let's move on. ODR is a massively hyped RU prospect, and it appears people fancy his skills in UU as well. He has no experience on the big stage, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if he flopped. The rest of the team consists of a bunch of filler characters who I will assume are all bad. The exception to this is Sacri, who is easily one of the best players in the entire tournament. I would be shocked if he didn't get at least 5-6 wins.

Overall, this team is honestly a joke, and it would be pretty surprising if they did anything remotely notable in this tournament. Let's move on.

Ruin Valley Rangers

Sabella usually puts forth decent performances on the big stage. He's probably good enough to have a decent season, at least. ZoroClick is an above average player, which means that he is probably elite in the context of this tour. I wholly expect him to go positive. Wanka is a filler character, so we can ignore him. In SM, we have Eternally. I've never been a big fan of his skills, though, at least relative to how the masses view him. I'll predict him to get around 4 wins. In ORAS...LOOOOOOOOL of course. I knew HT would be in this tour. Classic. Anyway, if you've read any one of my posts, you'll know my stance on HT. I think he's pretty bad; the fact that he went for 17k is pretty baffling to me. That being said, this isn't SPL, so perhaps he can fluke his way to 3 wins or something.

In BW, we have choolio. choolio looked pretty washed in his last SPL appearance, so that makes me a bit concerned. He might have upside, but I don't really expect him to do that well. In DPP, we have another filler character, so let's ignore him too. In ADV, we have BKC, who is easily the best player in the entire tournament. Based on his ridiculous ADV SPL showing, you'd have to be insane to not think BKC would get least 7 wins in this tour. alive is next up. I don't really know much about him, but apparently won the World Cup back in the stone age. I'm gonna assume he's crust, and thus, garbage. The team is rounded out by Pak, who proved the haters (mostly me LOL) wrong in his last performance on the big stage. I'm sure he'll do pretty well in this tour.

Overall, this team's decent. They have some capable players that could lead them to the playoffs.

The Iki Town Idols

The SS core of the team is honestly a meme. Sage is the "star" player here, I suppose. I wrote her off as unviable after a terrible SPL X, but she had a relatively solid showing in SPL XI. He's probably good enough to get around 3-4 wins in this tour, I suppose. The other two players are irrelevnt, so let's move on. In SM, we have Shiba, a UU mainstay who has never really accomplished anything of note on the big stage. I don't really have much faith in him. ORAS is occupied by another filler character, so we can safely ignore him too.

In BW UU, we have meeps. I wouldn't say meeps is good, but he usually manages to accrue some wins in the lower tiers against some sub-par opposition. I doubt he'll be facing too many threats, so I'd expect him to get around 4 wins. In DPP, we have Chill Shadow, an RU mainer. He's been about average in team tours, which I guess means he's probably good enough to have a decent performance in this tour. The team's ADV player is Hogg, who hasn't played too much in relevant tours. He was decently impressive back in SPL VII, but that was quite a long time ago. His season could really go either way. In GSC, we have a Doubles player...yeah. I don't even know, people. Apparently he did well in the past in GSC UU, but does that really matter? I suppose it means that he might be viable in this tier, but I really don't have any faith. The team is rounded out by one of Smogon's biggest enigmas, bugzinator. He's very strange, but when he's on his game, he has displayed quite a bit of talent. I'll bank on him going positive here I suppose.

This is another team with some decent pieces, but I'm pretty skeptical of a lot of their players.

Xiri is a PU mainer who did well in his one relevant tournament. He was playing some pretty bad people, though, so I'm not overly confident in his abilities. His season could go either way, I suppose. Hikari is easily one of the best UUers of all time; it's hard to know how much effort he will put into this tournament, but I'm a big believer in his ability. I think he'll go positive. The SS last slot is occupied by another irrelevant player. In SM, we have without question, the best UUer in the entire tournament, GOD CHRISTO. I've always been a big Christo fan, and he showed in SPL XI that he's not a one-trick pony, either. Back in his home UU tier, I would honestly be surprised if he lost more than a single game; he should wash pretty much everyone. In ORAS, we have Santu. He put himself on a map in a big way with a pretty nice run in SPL XI. I'm still not too big of a believer, but he should do decently.

In BW, we have another filler character. In DPP, OMG HEYSUP IS IN LOL GOAT Heysup was definitely a pretty skilled player once upon a time. I'm worried about the crust rule rearing its ugly ahead again; he won't have to play too many good players, though, so I'll be cautiously optimistic and say that I expect him to do decently. In ADV, we have Sam I Yam, the Tyrants cheerleader. There's no real evidence that he's viable, so. In GSC we have Zokuru, who had some pretty impressive GSC wins in the past SPL. considering that he'll now be going up against inferior competition, I'm honestly inclined to believe that he has a pretty nice shot of doing fairly well here. Lastly, we have Adaam. He's been decent in team tours, but he clearly has a lot of talent, as evidenced by his Grand Slam trophy. He should do pretty well.

This team has some pretty nice players, as well as some filler characters. They're not bad, though.

Accel went for a ridiculous 26k in this tour LOOL what are people smoking? He hasn't really impressed on the big stage, though he did manage to positive last Snake I suppose. I'll give him some benefit of the doubt and say that he'll do decently, but it seems quite unlikely that my fellow [VoD] member will live up to his price tag. Next up, we have L;LSG;LAG;LG;DKGLA OH MY GOD. Man, I thought I wouldn't have to talk about this dude anymore. Whatever. Indigo Plateau is unviable, so I wholly expect him to get washed. Next up we have jytcampbell. I've never really thought he was too impressive; that being said, he's probably good enough to get around 3 wins, I suppose. In SM, ORAS, and BW, we have three more filler characters.

In DPP, we have...DAVE? LMAO WHAT DAVE STILL PLAYS? I mean...he's -15 on the sheet and he's most definitely crust. That being said, he most assuredly has a fair amount of DPP UU experience. I'm not too confident in his ability to succeed; the crust rule makes me way too nervous here. Next up, we have Raichy. He hasn't really done anything too notable on Smogon, especially in lower tiers so he's another player I don't have too much faith in. At least he he has some experience in relevant tours, I suppose. In GSC, we have THE ICE BEAMER LMFAO YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!! Man, all the clowns really come out for UUPL. His SPL finals choke aside, he did manage to have a nice run in that tournament. He's probably good enough to go even here. The team is rounded out by CBU, a non-Asta / Fear / roudolf Greek player. You know the drill.

The Canalave City Clowns

This man yeezy really named his team the clowns LMAO wow. The SS core of the team is the best I've seen so far. lax is absolute monster, and is definitely one of the best players in the tour. He should smash everyone. Pablo and Luthier are LC mains who have displayed some solid levels of talent on the big stage. I think they'll both do relatively well. Next up, we have Empo. You all know that I haven't consumed the Empo kool-aid; that being said, he's definitely talented enough to wash a bunch of random SM UU players. In ORAS, we have Gama, a sheet warrior who hasn't been at his best lately. His relatively poor recent form makes him a bit riskier of a pick than normal, but either way, he should be able to click his way to 5 or 6 wins.

In BW, we have Lop Kicks, another sheet warrior who had a sub-par SPL. I also think he'll be able to go positive pretty easily. In DPP, we have our first filler character; the fact that we made it this far without seeing a filler character in this lineup is pretty impressive, honestly LOL In ADV...we have Bouff LMAO man. Bouff certainly isn't viable; the fact that he went for 13k is absolutely insane. He is a good team supporter, though. lol. In GSC, we have HSA, a crust player who looked revitalized before his disastrous Snake III performance. I don't really know how to feel about him, but he probably won't sink the team. Lastly, we have yeezyknows, a Derk member who displayed some competency in Snake III. His record was unfortunately marred by some luck, though. Either way, he doesn't have enough experience on the big stage to make me too confident in him. His season could go either way.

Overall, this is definitely the best team so far. They have a lot of sheet-warriors who should be able to carry the inferior goons on the squad.

Ah, yes. The famed Jerk team. The SS core of the team is pretty interesting. Tony has displayed some proficiency on the big stage as of late, and he should have enough talent to do decently well in this tour. Kushalos has been a good lower tier player for a while, and I have a solid amount of faith in him. He should easily go positive. Ajna is without question the best RU player on the site; I'm not sure how his proficiency in that tier will translate to UU, but I'm relatively optimistic about his ability to perform here. I think he'll probably get at least 4 wins. In SM, we have Sjneider. I was never too impressed with him, but he has now managed to put together a solid 14-6 run across 2 tours. He has to be respected for that, and against an inferior player pool, he should be able to go positive. In UU, we have Garay Oak. He's had some decent performances in team tours, and is probably good enough to go positive against some bums.

Next up is FLCL, who is scorching hot right now. He's having one of the best tours of his career, and it'd be shocking to see him not finish positive, even if he'll probably load up the same team for 8 weeks in a row. In DPP, we have Eo, who's easily the best DPP UUer in the tournament. That tier is all about stall, and that should fit Eo's skill profile nicely; I'm sure he has a sizable amount of experience in it as well. It would be pretty surprising if he didn't get at least 6 wins. In ADV, we have ict. Leon's always been good at lower tiers, and he should definitely be able to wash some scrubs here. The team is rounded out by d0nut and TDK. d0nut really impressed me in World Cup, and he's shown that he's one of the better GSC players on the site. I have full confidence that he'll smash the poor GSC UU pool. TDK hasn't had a great tour in a while; he's been slumping a fair amount lately. That being said, this isn't SPL. He should easily be able to go positive in this tour and has a lot of upside as well.

How on earth was this roster assembled? LOOL Were the other teams sleeping or something???? WHAT????? LOOOL God, why even play this tour? If this team doesn't win, I will be absolutely shocked. Man, the rest of you need to learn how to draft.

Let's move on to our final team. This team features a nice Jerk core of Star + teal6. Star's one of the best players in the tour, and I'd be surprised if he didn't get at least 5-6 wins. teal's proven recently that he's not just a lower tier farmer, smashing people in OU as well. He's always done well in the lower tiers in official tours, so he should easily be able to get 5 or more wins too. Last up in SS, we have Feliburn. He's struggled quite a bit on the big stage, and I don't really think he knows UU too much. I'm pretty skeptical of his ability to succeed here. Next up is Harris, who hasn't been too great in relevant tours. I'm not really a big believer on him, but he might be able to get around 3 wins or so, I suppose. In ORAS, we have our first filler character. Let's move on.

In BW, we have EviGaro, whose probably still suffering from the Kobe curse. I don't have too much faith in her abilities outside of RU, so I'm not really expecting her to do too well. In DPP and ADV, we have two more filler characters. How fun. In GSC, we have the ASCENDED FLOPPY, who showed that he wasn't a washed up loser in SPL. He had some pretty nice games, honestly. I'm not fully aboard the bandwagon after just 1 tour, though; this man has been mediocre for his whole career. That being said, he should be able to go positive in this tour, at least. Last up, we have robjr. He's shown that he's a force to be reckoned with in UU, and I wholly expect him to smash most of the competition.

Overall, this team's not terrible. They have some nice pieces, but also some meme slots.

Final Rankings:

This team is so much better than any of the other teams. Why even bother ranking rest LOOOOOOOL jesus

6. The Iki Town Idols
7 and 8. The Friend Zone Safari Pokemon Trainers / The Eterna Forest Veterans Flip the order of these two if you want; they're both equally unviable. These two teams shouldn't bother playing. It's over already.

Iki Town Idols > all

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Ruin Valley Rangers

The Iki Town Idols

The Canalave City Clowns

Final Rankings:

6. The Iki Town Idols
For you: https://www.autism-society.org/about-the-autism-society/contact-us/

I apologize you haven’t improved in a year. I really hope you get the help you need. God bless your soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)