Tournament UUPL VIII - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Tournament Rules and General Guidelines
- Best of 3 tiers include SS UU, SM UU and ORAS UU. Both players can decide what tier to play first, and if they can't agree, then the first tier will default to SS UU. Loser picks the tier after that.
- Liepard and Riolu are banned from BW UU
- Baton Pass is banned from BW UU, DPP UU, and ADV UU
- All standard tournament rules apply
- Good luck and have fun!

Week 3:

Canalave City Clowns (7) vs (3) Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: lax vs. Wanka
SS UU: ggggd vs. MetaRiolu7
SS UU: Luthier vs. Sabella
SM UU: Empo vs. Eternally
ORAS UU: Eternal Spirit vs. Pak
BW UU: Lopunny Kicks vs. choolio
DPP UU: Thiago Nunes vs. brewfasa
ADV UU: Bouff vs. BKC
GSC UU: HSA vs. alive
Bo3: yeezyknows vs. HT

Iki Town Idols (4) vs (6) Mikan Island Monsters

SS UU: Sage vs. Ajna
SS UU: Freeroamer vs. Kushalos
SS UU: Lilburr vs. TDK
SM UU: Shiba vs. suapah
ORAS UU: Moutemoute vs. Garay oak
BW UU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs. FLCL
DPP UU: Chill Shadow vs. Eo Ut Mortus
ADV UU: Hogg vs. ict
GSC UU: kaori vs. d0nut
Bo3: bugzinator vs. TonyFlygon

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (4) vs (6) Blackthorn City Battle Girls

SS UU: Bebo vs. teal6
SS UU: vivalospride vs. Star
SS UU: Odd Della Robbia vs. Jaajgko
SM UU: FUMA HI-FI vs. HarrisIsAwesome
ORAS UU: Thisbemyalt vs. Killintime
BW UU: SOMALIA vs. EviGaro
DPP UU: Donphantastic vs. -okara
ADV UU: Noitu vs. The Kyle
GSC UU: Sinkyr vs. gorgie
Bo3: Sacri' vs. robjr

Eterna Forest Veterans (5) vs. (5) Camphrier Town Ladies

SS UU: Indigo Plateau vs. 100%GXE
SS UU: Accelgor vs. Xiri
SS UU: Stone_Cold vs. Skysolo
SM UU: PinkDragonTamer vs. Christo
ORAS UU: dingbat vs. Santu
BW UU: Amukamara vs. r0ady
DPP UU: esche vs. Heysup
ADV UU: Raichy vs. Sam I Yam
GSC UU: Mr.378 vs. Zokuru
Bo3: CBU vs. Adaam

Deadline will be Sunday, April 5th at 11:59 PM GMT-4

Last edited:

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
SS UU: Stone_Cold vs. Hikari

A match I did not know we needed until we got it. Two legendary boomers rising out of retirement to show the young bloods that this game has been, and always will be, about buckets. I expect both players to somehow play without team preview.

Also:

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
SM Predicts:

Empo (50) vs Eternally (50) - This battle of non uu mains is shaping up to be a good one. Eternally has a lot more experience in this tier, but Empo is probably the better overall player and has marginally better building support in laximus prime + yeezyknows, so it’s a toss up.

Shiba (65) vs Suapah (35) - Shiba is a pretty decent player and has been playing this tier for years, and while newcomer Suapah, Snake trophy and all, is a solid player, I gotta take the Lamar Jackson of Pokémon here.

FUMA (55) vs Harris (45) - I’m very high on FUMA’s ability to play this tier at a high level, but Harris has shown some skills himself, such as that one amazing open run. If he can harness some of that energy, as opposed to the SPL energy, this game could definitely go either way, but as is, FUMA and his better building support from the friends should take this one.

PDT (49) vs (51) Christo - PDT has shown flashes of greatness, but Christo has been consistently great for years now. This game actually could go either way, and will be the highlight game to watch between the best SM players in the tour at the moment. I’m giving Christo the slightest of edges because he’s just that good, but PDT has amazing team support and definitely has the potential to upset this one.

VAMOS VETERANS

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't know all of the players and I'm not sure how much each player know their respective tiers, but since nobody made full predicts I thought I'd take a shot at it.

Canalave City Clowns vs Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: lax vs. ZoroDark Zoro is good but not good enough to beat the next Slam winner
SS UU: ggggd vs. MetaRiolu7 I'll go with pablo for his amazing SPL but I don't know his opp at all so it's just a guess
SS UU: Luthier vs. Sabella luthier has shown talent outside of LC but Sabella just feels like the better overall player
SM UU: Empo vs. Eternally it's a tough one, Empo is one of the best OU players atm and he should do well in UU too, but I'll trust Eternally to make use of his greater knowledge about the meta to take this one.
ORAS UU: Eternal Spirit vs. Pak ES has struggled recently while Pak is still as good as ever while having better knowledge about the meta. I wouldn't be surprised to see ES win this one as he has a very high ceiling, but I'll give Pak a solid edge.
Bo3: yeezyknows (SS, SM) vs. HT (ORAS) I believe HT has more experience in ORAS (not sure tho) but from what I've seen in Snake Draft yeezy felt like the better SM player and is probably also superior in SS.

Iki Town Idols vs Mikan Island Monsters

SS UU: Sage vs. Ajna Sage has looked very good in the latest SPL and I think she'll have a good run in this tournament. Ajna has been incredible in RU throughout SM but he feels a bit inferior in terms of overall player skill.
SS UU: Freeroamer vs. Kushalos the chef is fire and will cook him
SS UU: Lilburr vs. TDK I don't know much about Lilburr but she seems talented. TDK on the other side is one of the best players in the tour, and it's hard to predict him to lose.
SM UU: Shiba vs. suapah I'll trust Suapah with TDK's support, as he's looked very good in SPL whereas Shiba seems to always struggle. He has more experience in the tier tho, so he could take it as well, but I think suapah still has a solid edge.
ORAS UU: Moutemoute vs. Garay oak The ORAS UU God is unstoppable, and I didn't even know Moute could play ORAS.
Bo3: bugzinator (ORAS, SM) vs. TonyFlygon (SS) I'll go with bugzi because he seems to know more about UU, but Tony is more solid as a player and has a great shot at taking it. Should be a close one.

Eterna Forest Veterans (0) vs. (1) Camphrier Town Ladies

SS UU: Indigo Plateau vs. 100%GXE honestly no idea
SS UU: Accelgor vs. Xiri close one. both made slam playoffs and both showed the ability to play well in SSD, so I'll go with the one who I think has better team support
SS UU: Stone_Cold vs. Hikari I'll go with Hikari because he seems to be good at getting wins in lower tier, but I have never seen any of them play so it's just a random guess
SM UU: PinkDragonTamer vs. Christo best player in the tournament imo, I don't see him losing, but PDT has looked very strong in his match against explodingdaisies
Bo3: CBU vs. Adaam Adaam is just too powerful

Good luck to everybody, and let's get our first win Girls

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
IP ghost wrote these, pls be upset with him and not me. If you're upset with me I don't care tho tbqh.

Canalave City Clowns (4.5) vs (5.5) Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: lax vs. ZoroDark - lax was a friend last year and the superior gen7aaa player compared to ZoroDark, probably chalked unfortunately
SS UU: ggggd vs. MetaRiolu7 - idk who metariolu7 is, nor do I really know this pablo guy but metariolu7 is only a few notches above SuperVegeta20 level bad of a name on smogon so gonna have to give this one to gggggggggggg
SS UU: Luthier vs. Sabella - Sabella was my ompl teammate and he was the only reason i had quite literally any fun bc we sucked donkey dick and he was open to using my teams/letting me start/fun to test with/etc. Anyways rozes is trash.
SM UU: Empo vs. Eternally - The fuma slayers meet, unfortunately they both have bad karma for doing the unthinkable and overcoming my boy, so they will both inevitably lose this week, shoulda thought about the longcon :/.
ORAS UU: Eternal Spirit vs. Pak - Pak's caffeine intake potentially triumphs mine and doesn't have the insomnia that I have afaik, therefore he's basically like the upgraded version of me and has a boner for ORAS, and this is the ORAS slot, so Pak will surely win.
BW UU: Lopunny Kicks vs. choolio - fsr I did this one last and the scales were too heavily in rangers' favor so I'm bolding lop
DPP UU: Thiago Nunes vs. brewfasa - yzy has been betting money on this thiago guy but fatty is still a fatass even if he changed his name to fuckin brewfasa. I've also never spoken to thiago while fatty was on my ESTEEMED uu team tour team so cmon...
ADV UU: Bouff vs. BKC - Bouff will be busy slaving for his oras slot so BKC will probably win bc he doesnt have to slave for his oras slot like bouff does
GSC UU: HSA vs. alive - idk a fuckin thing about this tier or either of these people, hsa beat sinko so i want alive to win
Bo3: yeezyknows vs. HT - yeezy k is rooting for me this week so I feel obliged to root for him, HT is great but yeezy k is greater woot woot go clowns etc

Iki Town Idols (8.5) vs (1.5) Mikan Island Monsters

SS UU: Sage vs. Ajna - Every predict I've ever made is pure bias and idk a fuckin thing about ajna bar that he's a ru player and sage is one of my closest homies so obviously sage is superior
SS UU: Freeroamer vs. Kushalos - The roamer roamed away from mons for a while and then came back to get rotational council with ease, im sure kush has the higher floor and ceiling but I want roamer to win
SS UU: Lilburr vs. TDK - I don't have much of a relationship with either of these individuals but both of them actually seem very cool and I'd love to talk to either of them more, Lily came out of nowhere and seemed to just be better than pretty much everybody that came a little before her out of her peers, and I admire TDK's job as tl so far, rlly only based off how he immediately gave more credit to contributors with his selection of council, which is admirable in itself. I've also heard the legends of TDK's one man army prepping for pl teams, anyways, both these guys are trash and will both lose bc they suck.
SM UU: Shiba vs. suapah - Shiba is surely on a mission to prove that he's still one of the best sm uuers after snake happened and he quit mons. Idk who suapah is but I can only assume he's good bc idk a lot of good players due to just not paying any attention to tours im not in. Anyways shiba is a fuckin pussy but he's my homie so I will bold his name.
ORAS UU: Moutemoute vs. Garay oak - The general consensus of Garay oak is that he's good, Moutemoute went for 10k last uupl and had like 3 lines in the discord despite being known as a general workhorse towards the forums, so I don't have really any faith in moute prevailing here but I hope he proves me wrong. Gary in the anime also had a ton of hoes, sniperr would be jealous
BW UU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs. FLCL - meeps is an honorary friend, had like 12 lines in the discord last year but seemed very cool
DPP UU: Chill Shadow vs. Eo Ut Mortus - I have one interaction with CS and i still dont know who this other guy is, I like CS tho he seems pretty cool, I also heard that this other guy is quite good but nothing here will make me bold his name unless he explains what it means in detail
ADV UU: Hogg vs. ict - Years ago for breloom reqs I crit hogg's SD Defog Gliscor on stall (yeah hogg is a pos) with my fuckin ice beam quagsire on stall, so to repay him I will bold his name in a prediction post that nobody except the like 5 people that asked cares about, if ict changed his name to icey tea he'd have a better chance tho
GSC UU: kaori vs. d0nut - bags of hostess mini donuts says "america's #1 donut" on it, which I think is just delusional. They're not bad and obviously it's just a marketing thing but like cmon, hostess has no business making claims like that. Imagine you ask someone what the best donut they've ever had is and they say "ah yes, hostess mini powdered donut!", no bitch.
Bo3: bugzinator vs. TonyFlygon - my opinion of bugzi is very high, idk much about tony but he's always seemed nice, I was there when Eyan promod him to global voice. I don't have anything remotely funny to say about this mu which is the case for all mus but I don't have any random fluff to say either, so I flipped a coin and bugzi will win.

Eterna Forest Veterans (5) vs. (5) Camphrier Town Ladies

SS UU: Indigo Plateau vs. 100%GXE - Oh boy. IP is a piece of rat if we're being honest here. Idk this 100gxe guy but i think he did well in masters or something like that while IP is still the same IP that won't rate a single team. His ex consumes more pre-workout than him and probably benches more than him too. IP already has a win so he can't go 0-x but he'll find a way to go 0-x anyways, gah what a BITCH.
SS UU: Accelgor vs. Xiri - Accel is worth like 47k and xiri is xiri, idc if he has that uu ribbon, Accel will prevail as the 128k man
SS UU: Stone_Cold??? vs. Hikari??? - wtf is this, why is this mu happening in SS UU
SM UU: PinkDragonTamer vs. Christo - Wow what a matchup, it's really hard to root against my homie pdt but my opinion on Christo is as high as pretty much anybody's and he's got the results to back it up. I hope to watch this live, I think it can go either way but chances are Christo will win.
ORAS UU: dingbat vs. Santu - dingbat will hax his way through the pool whether you guys want him to or not, the goat himself, best oras slot bar noah, what a man, I wish I could be dingat, GO FRIENDS, etc. (edit: what the fuck dude you lost in the time I was writing this shit???)
BW UU: Amukamara vs. r0ady - I debated pretty heavily about getting alolan muk here and r0ady seems p cool and good but he's also a dinosaur. I'd imagine amuk is more motivated n shit but alolan muk was nuked from the pokedex and even in sm it was rather subpar so the numbers tell me r0ady will win.
DPP UU: esche vs. Heysup - WANG FIRE HIMSELF, TSR'S FATHER, THE HANDSOME MAN ESCHE HIMSELF WOOOO. Heysup is great and seems very cool but my opinion of esche is extremely high and I really wanted him but CBU stole him from me :(. This guy is the greatest gen7ubers player since Ackler
ADV UU: Raichy vs. Sam I Yam - Raichy seems nice and Sam I Yam kept ruining my PU reqs by beating me like 2 years ago for like fuckin pyroar suspect or something so I'm bolding Raichy to avenge me
GSC UU: Mr.378 vs. Zokuru - Idk either of these people but Zokuru reminds me of Zuko and Zuko was my fav character in avatar the last airbender so I think it's gotta go to him. Mr. 378 sounds like a rejected One Piece character that was supposed to be the final boss in baroque works
Bo3: CBU vs. Adaam - Not gonna bold either person bc I can't bring myself to root against either of them. GO FRIENDS

UUPL has been very fun so far so I'm looking forward to the rest of it, I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during this pandemic, and I hope being forced to turn into a recluse that plays mons isn't affecting your mental health too much!

Last edited:

yeezyknows

Banned deucer.
predicts i did in class cuz the uu disc asked ppl to do them

SS UU: Sage vs. Ajna (55-45) close in terms of play, ajna slight edge in the experience department, sage with more motivation and arguably a greater degree of building support. highlight MU

SS UU: Freeroamer vs. Kushalos (55-45) kush more experience, roamer similar to sage/idols in general in that they have a greater degree of overall support. roamer also likely has greater familiarity with the meta. another great game.

SS UU: Lilburr vs. TDK (65-35) lily rising star, tdk current star. significant edge, lily might be able to get a solid MU but strong edge to carson 1.

SM UU: Shiba vs. suapah (60-40) #freeneider. no idea if suapah has ever touched sm, shiba knows sm well. significant edge.

ORAS UU: Moutemoute vs. Garay oak (75-25) garay's a lot better, not sure if moute's played oras either. #freegungunj

BW UU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs. FLCL (55-45) fooly's better, CS' prep is stronger which makes this closer than it would be normally

DPP UU: Chill Shadow vs. Eo Ut Mortus (55-45) Eo using fun teams will continue to hurt him vs a stacked pool.

ADV UU: Hogg vs. ict: push, both are good players and know the tier well. edge to ict in playing, edge to hogg in motivation/prep.

GSC UU: kaori vs. d0nut (55-45) sam's top 3 GSC uu, d0nut's one of the best gsc on site, cool mu, definitely gaining more appreciation for gsc uu and i hope to catch this live

Bo3: bugzinator vs. TonyFlygon (60-40) bugzi knows the metas better

SS UU: Bebo vs. teal6 (55-45) teal has more tour experience but bebo's a killer in ss uu, more motivation as well but i dont see him overcoming the skill gap too readily.

SS UU: vivalospride vs. Star (55-45) see: above

SS UU: Odd Della Robbia vs. Jaajgko (60-40) ODR's really good and has better support

SM UU: FUMA HI-FI vs. HarrisIsAwesome (60-40) fuma has the potential, but he needs to show me more to get the bold. harris is more experienced and generally has both a higher floor and ceiling.

ORAS UU: Thisbemyalt vs. Killintime (60-40) KT has way more tour experience and generally both a higher floor and ceiling. tbma has pak teams, automatically giving him 40%, but kt retains the playing edge.

BW UU: SOMALIA vs. EviGaro (60-40) evi's better and will probably whip up some nice anti-offense but somalia could cheese/use some wack offense and win again

DPP UU: Donphantastic vs. -okara (70-30) carlos is better, okara hasn't shown me anything yet.

ADV UU: Noitu vs. The Kyle (60-40) see: above

GSC UU: Sinkyr vs. gorgie (60-40) sinkyr el complaino got his salad tossed by hsa last week despite being in a favorable position mid-game. big edge to gorgie.

Bo3: Sacri' vs. robjr (55-45) sacri's insane, another highlight mu.

SS UU: Indigo Plateau vs. 100%GXE (60-40) IP has more experience, i hope gxe doesnt lose confidence at 0-2, as i'm personally rooting for the ladder kingpin here. should be a good game

SS UU: Accelgor vs. Xiri (55-45) highlight mu, accel likely more motivated and has a playing edge. another great game.

SS UU: Stone_Cold vs. Hikari (60-40) dave in SS isn't too shocking, as i've tested with him a bit, but i'm still giving hikari an edge in a preview gen. rooting for dave though.

SM UU: PinkDragonTamer vs. Christo (60-40) see: lilburr vs tdk. christo's inarguably top 2 sm and pdt has a ways to go before he's on that level. prove me wrong though bro, rooting for u in this one.

ORAS UU: dingbat vs. Santu (happened)

BW UU: Amukamara vs. r0ady (55-45) liam's crazy underrated, super solid player and has immense bw knowledge+ accel support, r0ady's talented but i favor accel support in bw behind a confident and experienced pilot.

DPP UU: esche vs. Heysup (65-35) esche is solid but heysup has owned dpp uu since i was in elementary school. big edge.

ADV UU: Raichy vs. Sam I Yam (60-40) raichy's better in adv uu and likely more motivated overall.

GSC UU: Mr.378 vs. Zokuru: both are solid, no discernable edge here.

Bo3: CBU vs. Adaam (55-45) adaam i think has a higher ceiling but cbu's building has been insane, really cool set between the two, hope we get to see three games here.

playing ht 1 pm -4 saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)