Not open for further replies.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
won vs cbu in a wild set, sorry for fucking around g3 lol
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-497892
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6uu-497895
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-497901
i had a good time this season, so a few words on that. thanks to everybody who fed me teams every week as i wouldnt have gotten a single w without y'all. i remembered feeling far more stressed and angsty in past seasons of uupl, that definitely seems silly now so shoutout to everyone for trying to win while also keeping it chill, that's not an easy feat to achieve. shoutout in particular to viv for convincing me to sign up and being a delight to team up with in particular, and to godr for killing it, watching you was definitely one of the best parts of this tour for me. see y'all around

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
okkkkk we're officially out and I must do shoutouts, second year ina row we were close but couldn't quite get it done, we will be stronger than ever next year and even if the record didn't show it I'd like to believe we were much stronger this year compared to last year. I slaved harder this tour than I have for any tour and honestly my lifespan has depleted exponentially, I will prolly go a few weeks w/o touching mons bc my brain has melted into a puddle and I hope the rest of you have a fun and competitive uupl. At the very least I hope everyone on my team had fun this year.

Donphantastic - Cardio Carlos my brother, thank you for being an incredible assman this season and being part of the friends backbone like you should be with your pre-thursday donny p (w) posts to kick the week off right for the friends. There is nobody on the planet I'd rather have beside me for this uupl and I'm very happy with the team we put together, but none of it happened w/o you being behind a ton of it and popping off last year, being a huge reason the friends have any reason to have had the confidence to compete with the big boys the past 2 years despite being considered a failure before the season even started, 2 yrs ina row. This team wouldn't be the friends w/o you :carlito:

Bebo - A team's environment can be changed very easily even by one person. You definitely defined this team's environment this year even if you're a pos diva 12 yr old bitch. You have the 2nd most lines in the friends disc next to me afaik, and ik that's not how you roll in p much every single other team tour. So ik that the friends are special to you in some way shape or form, you wrote a fuckin ESSAY on why we'd win it all this year and I'm sorry we couldn't live up to it. Get your Noivern some glasses pls surely you have the money for it, also, THANK YOU for avenging fuma, noah, tsr, and kreme. Friends backbone. Thank you for taking years off my life with how mentally inept you are tho.

Odd Della Robbia - After bumass UUFPL I knew I needed you in UUPL. Your confidence and consistency genuinely carried our team the whole year, it's rare to feel so confident in someone else winning no matter who they were playing bc of their own confidence. It was written beforehand by some higher power than you were popping off this UUPL and I just happened to know, you were part of the spine of this team and literally the first person other than myself and donny who I knew would be on this team bc nobody was dropping more money on you than I. Thank you for all the effort and even building your own shit each week when you could've easily had me slave for you took a ton of weight off my back, :goat:

Sacri' - Donathan and I had been pondering our bo3 slot for a while and we couldn't decide on a name that would be cost efficient and fit the mold, we almost slotted myself in there which prolly would've been fine but I just wasn't happy settling for that when I knew we could get some veteran of the community to impact the rest of the team positively w/ their presence and experience. Especially when I could just slave for them, the second you signed up I knew you were the one no matter what. This tour wouldn't have been the same without you and similar to ODR your confidence rubbed off on all of us every time we needed a dub, we knew we could count on you bc you made it clear that was the case. Thank you for basically teaching me how to play pokemon in these 7 weeks too as I've harassed you to go over every game possible with me. Thank you for sharing the self improvement mindset with me and being such a great friend and husband in the time I've known you you're the coolest :cool:

Twilight - Even tho you're 0-3 like the piece of rat bastard you are, you are the other person I knew I was getting in UUPL fuckin MONTHS before this tour was on the horizon. I've tried my best to include you in as many facets of the smogon community as humanly possible and I want to see you continue growing as a player and as a person in the coming months/years/whatever you continue to contribute to this site/strive to improve. You were the person I relied on the most for reassurance that SS builds didn't suck as imo you're one of the SS pioneers atm. If you continue to enter tours and do your best you will w/o question be a big dawg in this community, you're already good enough to do some damage. I hope I can continue (if i have at all so far) to help you. Thank you for the effort and in my book you're 1-2.

TSR - You were probably one of the biggest workhorses on the team and I'm GLAD these clowns of managers didn't spend more $$$ on you and you ended up on our roster bc you were extremely helpful with just general activity across literally all gens. The oras calls were some of my favorite parts of this UUPL and it wouldn't have been the same without you as your support was seriously invaluable EVERYWHERE. I didn't know you had a decent grasp of almost every gen and I've had confidence in your playing ability for years, your record does not reflect your skill. With a little more confidence you can go far into this community (not like you haven't already), you're invaluable support in any team setting, any team would've been lucky to have you no matter the price and I'm glad we got you. Thank you so much for all the effort :bebo:

pokeisfun - Dude the friends literally would not exist without you, you've been one of my best friends on this site for years now and if you didn't exist this uupl season would've been much less fun, your support is unmatched and you still ooze manager energy in our chat with how supportive you are and how easily you sway conversations in a positive direction with nothing but your raw personality. Even if we didnt use any of them thank you for dropping about 400 stall teams in each ss channel each week, and even if we couldn't bring it home for you I hope we made you proud of us. 7-0 in chess slot btw

Clefable - Sorry we couldn't drop that 2.5k on you, but your presence single handedly shapes environments when you decide to show yourself. That kind of support is unmatched and it's not even you doing anything other than being yourself. You were with donny and I in the call when we drafted the team and all season you were like a substitute manager for when the team needed a laugh to keep the morale up. At the end of the day, pain split forre gets decid in for frizzle on Blissey. Thank you for the teambuilding support to lead pif to a 7-0 debut in chess slot.

amber lamps - WOW I didn't pay enough attention to old gens last year to realize just how much of a steal and a half you are. You literally carried dpp and adv, donny fuckin sucks but you somehow gave him the support necessary two years ina row to get some dubs under his belt. Realistically you deserved 584938439% the playing time, you're a monster that I want to know is valued by your team bc we'd be fucked w/o your activity and willingness to help all season.

SOMALIA - You're so cool dude oml, you fell into our laps this season and I had no idea you'd be this cool. You're one of the nicest and most positive individuals I've spoken to on this website and I hope you never lose a game for the rest of your life. Similar to all the other people mentioned above, you really were a vital part of our backbone, we knew every week no matter what you'd bring that you'd give us a show and you've probably fuckin win LOL. Thank you for being as active as you were as a presence in the chat and thank you a ton for putting in the effort you put in to get us a dub every single week you were slotted in. I cannot express how important you actually were to this team.

rozes - Ahhh saying nice things about you doesn't feel right but I must for the sake of this post bc I'd be an asshole if I was nice to everyone other than you. Thank you for putting so much effort into this team despite your millions of other commitments on this site whether it be tours or contributing or whatever. Thanks for actively wanting me to improve and progress into the site and thanks for helping me get better as a player and a person. Whether it be rambling about getting 6-0d by scarf keldeo or going over some arbitrary cpl replay with me or encouraging me to branch out and getting me in nupl and whatever else you've done for me as the list is probably somewhat long. ADV UU Rozes is overpowered while every other gen of UU Rozes seems to suck ass, but that's ok bc I'd suck ass at gsc uu too :D. rozes mengy viv core is like 0-x in tours but one day we will succeed.

Sinkyr - THANK YOU for all the effort and for being yourself. We wanted GSC in this tour specifically to get you for a second year in a row, you were an important piece to the puzzle and your record absolutely does not reflect your skill. Do not let hax or mu tilt you in game, you are better than that, you can be one of the best gsc slots in this tour >:D. You're one of the best cheer leaders a team could ask for when we need support, you were always there with your raw personality to make us smile by shouting something in spanish that none of us other than carlos understood, or by dropping a :sinkostoisepoor:. Thank you for the effort and emotion you put into the tour we value it and you as a person a ton.

DrReuniclus - This chat was NOT even close to the same without you. I'm so glad we secured the doctor in our chat to ask us about our lives every day and get to know all of us just because he wanted to, I will one day play osrs with you doc, I promise. You tied the friends together yet again with your care for all of us as human beings and desire to help us as people, fuck mons.

FUMA HI-FI - Your record absolutely does not reflect your skill as a player, your effort each week was there, you deserved some dubs. You are one of my best friends and partner in crime on this site. This team is absolutely not the same w/o you and idc how big of a bitch you're gonna be about the tour, you did great, we all loved the fact that you were there and we all loved watching you play. Bebo won for you, we all won for you every single time. It's not you, it's just the game we play, you did great and you helped us exponentially. Idk how more clear I could possibly make it but the friends aren't the friends w/o fuma. I'd get you 100% of the time if I could redo this draft, there isn't a person on the team i'd change, and that applies to you more than most.

Thisbemyalt - Similar to what I said about bebo, one person can change a team's environment exponentially. This was the case for you as your endless supply of funny stories about our friends across this site and supply of carlos emotes guaranteed that all of us would have a good time. Your record does not accurately convey your skill or the effort you put in and I am extremely grateful to have drafted you and that carlos stanned you hard enough for me to continue believing in your ability to win a game even if it did not come to fruition, also... I'm glad bebo won so you kreme and tsr didn't have to pull through on that suicide pact :(. Our oras slot went 1-6 but the oras calls were as fun as they were bc of your presence. Noat.

Kreme - While you went 0-1 like the piece of trash you are, you built more for sacri than any other oras goon we had... even if that meant just having the same team in the back for like 20 weeks in a row bc sacri kept winning in 2 w/o playing orass. Your presence defined oras calls as well with your consistently absolutely horrible puns and constant reminders to "just outplay" our opponents. Glad we got you a second year in a row as I believe you heavily contribute to the environment we wanted to uphold.

Alkione - I'm so sorry you didn't get the playing time you deserved, we knew we had to get you no matter what tho. Even if you didn't end up showing any interest in returning we WANTED you, we wanted you bc you're important to the friends dynamic and you were a core part of the team last year, and this year. Thanks for winning that sm game for me this week, my pride was on the line as a sm builder ;_;7. Thank you for showing interest in wanting to be on the friends again, and thank you for playing that one week even tho u were sick. You are a strong player and person, I'm happy to know you and I hope we get you again next year >:).

Leru - Thanks for dropping your endless supply of dbza references in the chat and being donny's testing prison bitch when he needed it, if that even happened. Ik one week you helped him a ton with evs and stuff. Your general experience had a positive impact in general on the team and I'm glad you were here from the getgo >:).

Noitu - Thank you for being such a ridiculously nice guy. I wish you were around more because you're clearly an angel whenever you talk, you give off a ridiculous amount of good vibes with your presence and i'm sorry you were too busy to contribute as much as you'd like to. I'm sorry for the games where pressure landed on your shoulders to win, either way I'm glad I had you another year and I hope you succeed in life bc you deserve to :)

Zwein - Thanks for being on the team, I really wanted to get you playing time this week but the stars did not align. Even tho I still don't know you well, you seem like a very kind person and from the few conversations we've had you've always left me smiling afterwards. Make sure Sinkyr goes on a training arc this next year and returns to next uupl as the strongest gsc uu player oat. >:)

Pak Wanka Ark - Thank you for contributing to our team, we love you guys and want the best for all of you. Without you we would've done worse in the last few weeks, you contributed to our dubs and our team environment positively. Pak viv sacri core is broken, christopher wanka's presence makes any jerk 20x stronger, and ark enjoys slaving for ungens so that's about as valuable as you can get. I'm sorry our oras slot has let you guys down this tour :(

Amane Misa Rage passion CBU hs Lilburr Killintime Darksafadao Mahmudkipz dingbat and everyone else - Friends supporters, thank you for your support this uupl. It helped a lot, we were trying so hard throughout the whole thing and the losses were frustrating at times but people like you always made it easy to bounce back the next week and keep trying our best :) go vets

At the BARE fuckin minimum I hope you guys had fun this year and I hope we stay a bit active even past uupl. Amigos forever. :carlito: :bebo: :sinkostoisepoor: :goomba: friend if you see this can you drop a :sinkostoisepoor: in amigos general, thank you.

Last edited:

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not the season most of us wanted but still a fun ride, thanks for hanging in there idols. We may have sucked but we sucked with style.
[6:33 PM] Freeroamer: theres an outside chance we can still do playoffs btw LOL
[6:33 PM] kaori: ,
[6:33 PM] kaori: what
[6:33 PM] kaori: with a losing record???????
[6:33 PM] lilbrrrrrr: no way LOL
[6:42 PM] raymond: yea
[6:42 PM] raymond: i asked last week if clinching a tie would help
[6:42 PM] raymond: and ppl just said no we're out
[6:42 PM] raymond: LOL
[6:42 PM] nh1240: oh we're not out
[6:43 PM] Shiba: wtf!!!
6:44 PM] GunGunJ: WTF!!!!
[6:45 PM] Shiba: WTF!!!!
[6:45 PM] juuno: everyone else said we were out too
[6:45 PM] GunGunJ: Are you serious??
[6:48 PM] Sage: wait a minute
[6:48 PM] Sage: wat
[6:48 PM] ChillShadow: Yeah.
[6:48 PM] Moutemoute: gogogogo team
[6:48 PM] kaori: yeah.
[6:48 PM] ChillShadow: Fuck u.
[6:48 PM] Moutemoute: :fire:
[6:48 PM] Sage: how are we alive LMAO
[6:48 PM] ChillShadow: Woat manager
[6:48 PM] Sage: jesus christ
[6:49 PM] Sage: lets salvage this
[6:49 PM] Freeroamer: we need a lot of things to go our way
[6:49 PM] kaori: are we doing
[6:49 PM] ChillShadow: Inb4 clowns just win and the real clowns are us :peepoclown:
[6:52 PM] raymond: sage do u wanna sub in dpp for cpl btw
[6:52 PM] raymond: ur on our team
[6:52 PM] Sage: im still on the team??
[6:52 PM] raymond: yea
[6:52 PM] kaori: LOL
[6:52 PM] ChillShadow: Lmfao
bugzinator Chill Shadow kaori Shiba wish i could hve been there more for you guys esp coming off last year hope y'all do well at whatever lies in store for the future

Get Freeroamer for Snake A1 teammate / guy and fantastic player, Lilburr belongs here too, all the same applies thnx to you both for carrying cg hard

Rest of you were great too, esp the rookies who came in w/ lots of effort, don't wanna get too long winded when we kinda blew but thanks for making it a good one
Peace out homies was a fun ride, may your stone edges hit but more importantly stay safe and be well :psyglad:

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
The Idols are now officially out, so ggs everyone! I unfortunately suck so I don't have a winpost this week BUT I have shoutouts to write regardless.

With this being my first team tour, I didn't really know what I was getting myself into. I honestly didn't even expect to get drafted, so going for a relatively high price actually surprised me a bunch. Still don't think I really deserved it, but I'm glad I was able to pull a bunch of wins in and justify how much I costed :3
That said, I wouldn't have been anything at all without the help of certain people, including some who weren't even on my team. I unfortunately won't be giving a massive dedicated shoutout to -everyone- because it'd just be too long. Regardless, here they are, in no particular order other than who's on top of the online list and my own memory:

Sage - My first ever manager, the best support I could ever ask for and one of my closest friends, all wrapped up into one beautiful bundle. I still don't really know why you took such a risky shot on me, especially considering we lacked a lot of starpower in SS in general (or so we thought!) and all I really had to my name was "she seems nice". I'm very thankful for it though. This tour has done wonders for my confidence in more ways than just one, but not nearly as much as you have. You're one of the sweetest people I've ever met and have so much to give, and I hope others know that just as well as I do. Take care with everything you decide to do, and you know you'll always have my support just like I've had yours. I love you. <3

Chill Shadow - You told me you didn't care about miss chance, but you only ran Blizzard on a hail team. For that reason, I will never trust you ever again. However, you were a crazy DPP slot and provided a lot to other oldgens as well as to the team's environment as a whole. I'm kinda sad that we never really got to talk as much as I would've liked to, but there's always gonna be time in the future for that. Now that I have the opportunity, I'd like to give the whole world a chance to see Chill's nicknames for me:
-Little Burp
-Little Burden
-Little Burger
-Little Burrito
-Little Burbank
and of course, -Little Burr

Endearing, aren't they? I'm glad my name was versatile enough for you to come up with them, sir. Thanks for everything, and good luck with whatever you decide to do going forward!

kaori - CUTE USER HANA! No matter what kind of team tours I do in future, I don't think I'm ever gonna get another highlight quite like "sorry I can't play yet, my teammate is waiting for her pizza". Idk what made you take such a shine to me but nobody made me feel quite as welcomed as you did, and even tho I don't talk much there I promise that I rlly like lurking in the church!! It's been really cool to see you evolve as a person in the short time I've known you and I'm just really glad to have met you, I hope we can continue being friends in future :3
Also, while I haven't rlly been around very long, I'm pretty sure you're the first and only person to have ever won a UUPL game with a monotype team. So congrats on that.

GunGunJ - The matchup wizard. How you got us all those wins in old gens is beyond me. I'm really glad to have gotten the opportunity to team with you, you've been an awesome helper in every gen and a really cool person too. I know you're not too happy with your own record, but try not to sweat it too much; you basically got us like 10 wins bc of matchups so like, in reality you're #2 in the tour behind meeps of course. I hope other teams in future know how valuable your support is, bc you were super vital.

Lilburr - you suck LMAO

Moutemoute - It sucks a bunch that we didn't get to talk at all, really. I honestly can't believe you went as cheap as you did. You've been an awesome teammate, and oml that oras debut was HEAT. I admire your work ethic and your ability and I hope you continue to strive to be the best player and contributor you can possibly be going forward, the things you do are super impressive and a great example of what a community member should be. Hope you're starting in SS next year, I want a chance to slap you >:3

SPACE FORCE meeps - Though you were quiet, you were an integral part of the team's motivation and a really stellar player too. I'm pretty sure you were also the only player in the tour with 15 wins which is obviously incredibly impressive. Didn't really get the chance to talk to you much at all so I've not got a lot to say here, but thanks for being a solid slot when we needed it.

Juuno - My lovely wife and also my most active supporter, you were an amazing helper when building and generally prepping. I know your confidence took a hit this tour, but don't let it get you down. You've got so much potential as a player and as a person, you've just gotta keep working to reach it. I really appreciate everything you did for me in this tournament and I love you so much. Let's keep at it this year and get you into your domination stage next year, kay? <3

Cynara - I'M REALLY SORRY THAT MY SKEWDA WASN'T MAX SPEED OKAY I KNOW IT WAS A MAINER SKEWDA AND I REGRET IT AND I WILL NEVER INSULT YOU LIKE THIS AGAIN. I know we only talked a few times over the course of UUPL but every late night interaction we had that made me think you lived somewhere that wasn't in my timezone made me very happy. Thanks for educating me on the correct speed benchmarks for my Noiverns, and thanks for being there when we needed you. You were great. :3

Shiba - It's honestly really sad that this is kinda the end for you as far as tournaments on this site goes. For what it's worth, you were a really great teammate, and I'm super thankful that you gave it your all. It's a shame I never got to know you because you honestly seemed like one of the coolest people on the team just based on the limited interactions we had. I hope you're happy with whatever you plan to do going forward, take care!

bugzinator - If I had to pick one word to describe you, it'd be... abstract. >:3 I know this tour meant a lot to you and I'm sorry it didn't go the way you wanted. I'm glad we've gotten the chance to become friends because of it, you're a really great person and a great player to boot. I'm sorry that I forced you into using so many of my SS creations, but at least you managed to get wins with some of them! I hope this isn't the end of your participation and I hope we get the chance to team more in future tours. And for the last time I'M NOT AN ALT

Freeroamer - Most certainly the team's carry. Congrats on solidifying yourself as one of the best SS slots in the entire tournament! You've had an amazing run, and it's been both a delight and an honour to work alongside you. I hope you get the recognition you deserve after this. You've made it very clear that you intend to dominate UU this gen, and managers in future tournaments had better be aware of it. An amazing job through and through, in addition to being a great teammate. Sorry that the rest of us couldn't keep up :p

Hogg - I see where the "Papa Hogg" thing comes from now. Your support across literally every generation was insanely impressive and I'm glad I got the opportunity to team up with you. I'm really happy that so much of your heat worked out and you offered a very unique building perspective - something I really appreciated as someone who kinda falls into similar patterns time and time again. It's a shame that you didn't quite manage to pull out as many wins as I'm sure you would've liked to, but there's always next year for that. Thanks for being a great backup leader and supporting member, hope you enjoyed this as much as I did :3

danger zone - Not quite an official teammate, but you sure as hell made us feel like you were. You were the king of cheese and a super impressive mind with a really cool methodology that I appreciated a bunch. I hope you continue to stick around and make the SS metagame your own, and I want you to keep passing me heat. Open's coming up and I may or may not need a few screens teams :eyes:

As for the non-idols, I have three special shoutouts and then a list of people that were just great helpers at some point or other:

vivalospride - Genuinely one of the funniest, sweetest and most charismatic people on the site. I don't know what made you randomly DM me halfway through the season just to tell me how amazing I am (?_?) or what made you want to add me to your teamchat as soon as it wasn't like, immoral to do so, but I'm really thankful for it. I've told you this before but it's not often I connect with someone the way I did with you. You were an amazing manager to your team, an amazing workhorse and player and have been an amazing friend, helper and mentor to me. I hope you get the recognition you deserve for everything you do here and I hope our friendship continues to grow. You're incredible. :purple_heart:

martha - Someone I've always looked up to for a whole host of reasons who has quickly become one of my best friends around here. I love your sense of humour even tho it's honestly the weirdest shit ever like how does the word "poggers" actually break you this much?? idgi. You're growing so much as a player and I wish you had even half the confidence you deserve to. I want to see you pop off in playoffs, Knock em dead :3

Accelgor - This one's unique. Not quite here for mons-related reasons themselves, but because of the confidence and support you instilled into me as a person that kept me going through some tough times. You really are an admirable person and a role model for everyone in this community. I hope you continue to lead and be such a good friend to everyone you meet going forward. Thanks for everything <3

Odd Della Robbia yeezyknows Twilight hs Indigo Plateau Estarossa and some others who are slipping my mind i'm sure, i'm sorry!! - For always being there whenever I needed a hand, whether it was a build or a test game. Wouldn't have done nearly as well as I did without you guys!
It was a great run for my first tour, all things considered. Rooting for the Clowns going forward, but may the best team win! :psyglad:
please ignore that i posted the unfinished version the first time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)