UUSD IV - FINALS! WON BY THE SANDACONDAS!

Who you got?

• Tohjo Falls Dragonites

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Lake of Outrage Sandacondas

Votes: 44 61.1%

• Total voters

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion

Welcome to the FINALS!
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.

>> Standings <<
(with the help of Ticken)

:dragonite:Tohjo Falls Dragonites (5) vs. (7) Lake of Outrage Sandacondas :sandaconda:
SV UU: TyCarter vs Fc
SV UU: starbitstorm vs gum
SV UU: Easter Bliss vs Mossy Sandwich
SV UU: Gondra vs Azick
SS UU: dex vs Luthier
SM UU: robjr vs pdt
ORAS UU: ojr vs dingbat
BW UU: Fakee vs Nalorium
DPP UU: LpZ vs Thiago Nunes
ADV UU: Xrn vs Heysup
GSC UU: Mystras vs vani
RBY UU: Sabelette vs YBW
Tohjo Falls Dragonites (0) vs. (0) Lake of Outrage Sandacondas
SV UU: TyCarter vs Fc
SV UU: starbitstorm vs gum
SV UU: Easter Bliss vs Mossy Sandwich
SV UU: Gondra vs Azick
SM UU: robjr vs pdt

The deadline for this week will be Sunday, December 10th, at 11:59 PM GMT-4. No exceptions.

Last edited:

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
:dragonite:Tohjo Falls Dragonites (6) vs. (6) Lake of Outrage Sandacondas :sandaconda:
SV UU: TyCarter vs Fc - TyCarter has been improving recently as a player, but Fc is just a much better player and has a better record as well.
SV UU: starbitstorm vs gum - UU mainer energy. Slightly better record and better tier grasp make me want to bold starbitstorm, but gum is just as capable as a player, so it could realistically go either way.
SV UU: Easter Bliss vs Mossy Sandwich - Mossy has been on a tear after getting picked up in the middle of the season, while Easter Bliss has yet to play a game. I'm told they are a promising player and builder, but it's hard to predict against a 4-1 w/ 0 games.
SV UU: Gondra vs Azick - Similar records, but Gondra is just a better player altogether.
SS UU: dex vs Luthier - My fucking goat is killing it as usual. Hard to stop Luth when he is doing well.
SM UU: robjr vs pdt - This is a big matchup in every UU team tour I see. Both great players and they are doing about the same, so it feels like a toss up. I'm bolding robjr cause that's my guy, and I'm sure he doesn't want to end negative vs pdt this tour but it could go either way.
ORAS UU: ojr vs dingbat - ojr is a fun guy and I'm sure he likes to prove himself in these types of tours, but dingbat has been that guy in this tour. They have the same amount of losses but dingbat has 7 more wins and just knows the tier way more.
BW UU: Fakee vs Nalorium - I don't know anything about BW low tiers but they have the same record. Nalo won their match in the regular season so I trust in feiki to get his dub back as well.
DPP UU: LpZ vs Thiago Nunes - Thiago is just more proven as a player, and that to me matters a lot in finals of these types of tours.
ADV UU: Xrn vs Heysup - Same record, both have been killing it but I'm betting on Xrn to win. I feel like Heysup tends to get unlucky a lot and all good things must come to an end, so I going for the odds this time around.

I don't know anything about GSC and RBY so I just bolded the better records.

Last edited:

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
500th post being predicts this is what my life has come to

Tohjo Falls Dragonites (6) vs. (6) Lake of Outrage Sandacondas
SV UU: TyCarter vs Fc - think fc has the higher ceiling right now with more impressive wins in the pool and the better record. I also think I cursed ty when i predicted him over mimilucha so this is really just for ty's own peace of mind
SV UU: starbitstorm vs gum - gum has been in and out of the lineup, but does have some good wins over people like feli, but sbs tryhards this tier and seems to have found a decent footing after his losing streak during the season (despite losing to rasche last week). Think it can go either way but ima stick with the hometown hero
SV UU: Easter Bliss vs Mossy Sandwich - Easter Bliss' first game is in finals vs mossy who only seems to be getting better and better as he has only dropped 1 match this entire tour
SV UU: Gondra vs Azick - Gondra and Azick has similar records, but Gondra has only lost in ORAS this tour and they are not playing ORAS. Don't know enough about Azick teammate wise but I do know Gondra will be that confident teammate you need in a finals situation like this. Giving them the edge
SS UU: dex vs Luthier - dex has been having some trouble this tour, while Luthier only seems to be thriving every week. dex can definitely make an upset here, but I think Luthier can't be stopped right now
SM UU: robjr vs pdt - this is 1 of 3 highlight mu's for me during this entire series. Both are amazing at this gen, only have 2 losses, and will bring something exciting to watch. pdt beat rob in the regular season if that holds any weight for people, but with a match that can go either way, I think pdt will bring something that just catches what rob likes to bring. Builder is probably going to win here
ORAS UU: ojr vs dingbat - seems like everyone collectively didn't know ojr played this tier and dingbat has only dropped 1 game this entire tour. seems pretty clear cut to me
BW UU: Fakee vs Nalorium - the 2nd highlight mu as the homies have to face off for the winning spot. I think Fakee's teams have been a lot more solid than Nalo's and since both can pilot well (assuming fakee's internet doesn't go out) I will give the edge to Fakee.
DPP UU: LpZ vs Thiago Nunes - this mu is really interesting as both are really good at this tier despite both their records being about even. A few misteps here and there can cost games or an unlucky crit at the wrong time this could go either way. Thiago also beat LpZ in the regular season, but I think LpZ has just looked a lil bit better overall like just barely so I am going to give him the slight edge.
ADV UU: Xrn vs Heysup - this is the only ADV game I ever want to watch. Both have had immaculate tours and have really shown their stuff. Feel like you could bold either one and no one would be upset about it. Going to go with heysup cus I think he is due a little bit to get things done without anything wild happening for once
GSC UU: Mystras vs vani - don't know enough about this tier but I like Mystras he is cool I hope he wins
RBY UU: Sabelette vs YBW - don't know enough about this tier but I like Sabelette she is cool I hope she wins

Tie Breaker (Assuming tiers I picked were right):
SV: Gondra > Fc or Mossy
SS: Luthier > dex
SM: pdt > robjr

Gl to everyone in finals! If you came here for predicts stop reading here.

Met a lot of cool people who kept me going. I'm sick so excuse me for this shoutout being bad.

Shoutout galaxy park boys, bax gang, 1v1 guys (specifically DEG who made me).
Shoutout to anyone who has ever drafted me for a tour thank you for putting your faith in me whether I pulled a good record or not.
Shoutout BIG loven for teaching me DPP OU this year so I can now start that chapter too.
Shoutout all the south fellas in the different tiers who bring me along for the worlds rides.
Lastly shoutout anyone who reads my babblings or roots for me in my matches. Means a lot to me.

Here's to 500 more

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator
GOOOOOOO SANDACONDAS!!!

that said i also want to say thank you to some people :)

avarice Highways for picking me up

hs hydreigon "season's over" specs for being one of my biggest cheerleaders

Heysup for teaching me a lot about ADV and putting up with my crack rock builds all season

Mossy Sandwich both for coming in midseason and going on an absolute fucking tear and for helping me really put some builds together

been a good season and i really couldn't have asked for much better for my first snake, glhf all / MIONDA SANDACONDA

spell

destined
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Double posting because I forgot I actually wanted to do some predictions for SV lol...

SV UU: TyCarter vs Fc - Fc actually kind of won last week if Notily didn't get pretty fortunate due to not getting them up, so his record has been adjusted accordingly in my head to reflect this. Congrats on the 7-2 bud. Anyways, I think Fc is uncontroversially the better player here both in the tier and in general and that the Sandacondas have been feeding him / he has been building himself pretty meta-secure teams. TyCarter will probably put up a decent effort but the combination of respectful play + respectful team will goob him in the end considering Ty likes using crack.

SV UU: starbitstorm vs gum - speaking of crack, we have the uu version of bengay/crying (more 2023 accurate comparison) facing off against a pretty ok player in gum. Last week, like with Fc, I think gum should have won pretty handily considering the amount of critical mistakes Feli made in the early-mid game that he just did not get punished for somehow. Sbs is a known crackhead, and crackheads are generally known to not be the best at using standard teams so this will be a pretty tough hill to climb for sbs because if his opponent brings skeledirge+pick your poison he's pretty done for. (see last week) But, the good thing about being a crack builder is that no one ever expects what kind of shit you're bringing so while I do see gum pretty easily winning, I also can see a world in which sbs brings delphox screens and 6-0s somehow. Realistically though, super favour gum. Whatever you do though, IGNORE HS. PLEASE! Good luck bestie :3

I also learned this guy never uses torn, what the fuck.

SV UU: Easter Bliss vs Mossy Sandwich - Somewhere, Accel is probably wondering how 2 pretty good-decent players in watashi and parpar ended up floundering so much in SV. But, in their stead, Easter Bliss is looking to make their UU tournament debut? I believe, against someone else who has been slowly making a name for himself in the community after being the centerpiece of many an OMPL squadron. I think Mossy is a good builder most of the time and a good enough player to cover up the weaknesses his checklist-y teams tend to have. I got no read on Easter at all to be honest, so going with the known quantity here for safety.

SV UU: Gondra vs Azick - Gondra has been great, Azick has also been decent but Gondra is just very good at pokemon and I found out I was lied to about the ''Next Attribute'' comments I had in the past. Sorry gang, you just have to win MWP or get a good looking emoji pfp to be like him.

Overall, the Sandacondas seem to have an easy time. They have a bunch of great minds supporting the already competent starters (thinking of pdt mainly, but i know Highways also plays too and hes pretty good imo) and have jerk ability for days. I feel like this one really is theirs to take looking at it with a more critical lense, but anything can happen in mickey mouse club house. Dragonites seem to be just outmatched, though. Really respect what avarice and Highways have done here putting together a very strong team with little to no weaknesses in every single slot in a snake draft, really pushing the boundaries here. It isn't easy to do this.

SM UU: robjr vs pdt - one of the few people id bold against pdt in sm, both are supercomputers in sm and i think their h2h this year is even?

Last edited:
i am claiming an activity victory. my opponent and i scheduled for 5 pm -7. i was on smogtours at the scheduled time and notified my opponent of this. i have a lot of work to do tonight and i do not appreciate my time being disrespected. their managers were alerted at XX:06.
View attachment 577783
1. I didn't get tagged on Discord, only Avarice, who wasn't online at the time, so no, the managers weren't alerted, because I would've done something about it, 2. the messages clearly say that you schedule for after 5pm -7, not any specific time. He didn't specify which time, and neither did you. Only after 5pm -7, not exactly 5pm -7, and 3. he didn't care that you clicked TWave.

This act call is bullshit.

Nalorium

is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending BW Circuit Champion
World Defender
i am claiming an activity victory. I told my opponent we played today at 10:11pm -5. i was on smogtours at the scheduled time and notified my opponent of this. i have nothing to do at tonight and i do not appreciate my time being disrespected. Their managers were not alerted cuz I’m incapable of tagging 2 users in the same message.

1702092002593.png

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
fc sbs and mustras will win
sorry if they've played i havent been paying attention

update: fc is apperently playing rn and I didn't know whoops

TyCarter

Tough Scene
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
won gg go dragonites!
avarice, highways, heysup, pdt, luthier, dingbat, vani, fc, azick, Mossy Sandwich, YBW, Thiago Nunes, Nalorium, gum, Mister McLovin, Celebii, Melt Gibson, hs y'all are a bunch of losers I hope u know it.

e: s/o locks worked out otherwise cringe tier

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)