Tournament UUWC I - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

extraordinary art made by lyd! thanks again friend n_n
Co-hosted with TPP
Spreadsheet (thanks to Natan)

Welcome to the UUWC, a chance for nations all around the world to prove who's the best at UU. There's no defending champion this year, so the fresh title of UUWC Champions is up for grabs for whichever nation proves that they're the best of the best!

Format:

Teams consist of eight starters, four substitutes, and two captains. The tiers for this year are: SS UU (x3), SM UU, ORAS UU, BW UU, DPP UU, and ADV UU.

In this first round, players will be placed into groups of four where they will battle all three of their opponents. Divisions will be assigned randomly.

Six points will be awarded for first place, four for second place, and two for third place in a division. If there is a tie for any position, the total number of points between those two positions will be split equally among the tied parties. For example, if two people are tied for first place, they will split ten (six for first + four for second) points between them for a total of five points each.

Teams will be ranked based on records, rather than points. This means the four teams with the best records will qualify for semi finals. If two or more teams within the top four have identical records, points will be used to sort out the tiebreaks. However, if there is a tie in records for the last spot, points will be ignored and the teams will face off in a tiebreak series. The tiebreak will consist of three games (Bo3): One SS game and one tier chosen by each team (which could be SS again). The higher seed (based on points for Round 1) will get second pick of tier.

All battles are to be completed by Sunday, August 16th, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST. Battles that are not completed will be reviewed for activity and have a winner declared accordingly. If both parties are at fault, the game will simply not count in deciding final standing. Activity calls will not be made before the round is over. If there are any mistakes, please let me know.

FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY!

Last edited:
Pairings:

SS UU:
SS UU #1:
TMM (1-2) / Feliburn (1-2) / Freeroamer (2-1) / TDK (2-1)

SS UU #2:
watashi (1-2) / hs/Luigi (3-0) / avarice (0-2) / Anish (1-1)

SS UU #3:
solonor24 (1-2) / Adaam (2-1) / Ramolost (2-1) / ZoroDark (1-2)

SS UU #4:
Amukamara (2-1) / Lets In The Sun (1-2) / CBU (3-0) / ToastedBunzzz02 (0-3)

SS UU #5:
gorex (1-2) / Star (2-1) / Highways (3-0) / Ajna (0-3)

SS UU #6:
Lilburr (2-1) / basaninho (1-2) / Confide (2-1) / pokemonisfun (1-2)

SS UU #7:
Meru (3-0) / Amane Misa (0-2) / Maple (0-2) / Moutemoute (2-1)

SS UU #8:
King Leo V (2-1) / Jrdn (1-2) / lyd (1-2) / Loki (2-1)

SS UU #9:
Indigo Plateau / Stone_Cold (2-1) / Sabella (1-2) / Twilight (1-2) / Kiichikos (2-1)

SM UU:
SM UU #1:
Corazan (2-1) / PinkDragonTamer (2-1) / SPACE FORCE meeps (1-1) / vivalospride (0-2)

SM UU #2:
Ninjadog (1-2) / Kink (1-2) / robjr (2-1) / Gondra (2-1)

SM UU #3:
Floss (1-2) / Santu (3-0) / martha/Cynara (0-3) / Spl4sh (2-1)

ORAS UU:
ORAS UU #1:
bugzinator (1-2) / Pepeduce (2-1) / Wanka/HT (0-2) / Flamita (2-1)

ORAS UU #2:
Hogg (1-2) / Sjneider (2-1) / Splash/Notily (2-1) / Sam/Expulso (1-2)

ORAS UU #3:
Euphonos (2-1) / RaJ.Shoot (3-0) / Bobby Dagen (1-2) / Eternal Spirit/A Hero's Destiny (0-3)

BW UU:
BW UU #1:
trace (2-1) / SOMALIA (3-0) / 52Gambit/jeronipuff (1-2) / r0ady (0-3)

BW UU #2:
MrAldo (1-2) / EviGaro (3-0) / choolio/TonyFlygon (1-2) Pedrock / mncmt (1-2)

BW UU #3:
Serene Grace (1-2) / Finchinator (3-0) / Alkione (2-1) / faded love (0-3)

DPP UU:
DPP UU #1:
luisotte (3-0) / esche (1-2) / byronthewellwell (1-2) / Heysup (1-2)

DPP UU #2:
brewfasa (2-1) / atomicllamas (1-2) / Estarossa (2-1) / Thiago Nunes (1-2)

DPP UU #3:
Emeral (2-1) / TSR/z0mOG (2-1) / Donphantastic/DrReuniclus (2-1) / Mikaav (0-3)

ADV UU:
ADV UU #1:
Bouff (2-1) / The Kyle (2-0) / Shiba (0-2) / Hamhamhamhamham/Cam (1-2)

ADV UU #2:
BlazingDark (0-3) / lighthouses (1-2) / Christo (3-0) / Raichy (2-1)

ADV UU #3:
BKC (3-0) / Finding True Love (1-2) / eden (1-2) / So Noisy (1-2)

Last edited:

Lyssa

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
Got bullied into posting predictions. I cba'd to comment on oras cause it took long enough to do other tiers and i don't know much about the tiers below oras.

SS UU:
SS UU #1:
TMM (0-3) / Feliburn (1-2) / Freeroamer (3-0) / TDK (2-1)

Fine pool. I think that this could go in many ways, but I expect roamer to 3-0 in this. I like his teams and think that he's solid enough to do this.

SS UU #2:
watashi (2-1) / hs (2-1) / avarice (1-2) / Anish (1-2)

Fine pool as well. Idk what to say here cause I never saw Anish playing outside of ladder, I saw little to none of avarice in ss and i've never really seen watashi playing this tier. I expect hs to do well as he is playing good lately, even tho the open g1 choke said otherwise.

SS UU #3:
solonor24 (1-2) / Adaam (3-0) / Ramolost (0-3) / Zorodark (2-1)

Highlight #1 i guess. The zoomers are fine but I don't really see them going positive in this pool. I think that Adaam is playing worse lately than used to(in the sm days at least cause i wasn't around for uupl), but I think that he should still be able to go 3-0 in this. I like Zorodark's teamchoices and think that he should go positive in this. I prefer the solo guy to pif's child from what i saw so going with this.

SS UU #4:
Amukamara (2-1) / Lets In The Sun (1-2) / CBU (3-0) / ToastedBunzzz02 (0-3)

Idk???? CBU will 3-0 this even if he's a clown because no one will call out his awful teams. Liam plays the tier and i have no clue who the other guys are(sorry about it :( ).

SS UU #5:
gorex (0-3) / Star (2-1) / Highways (2-1) / Ajna (2-1)

Highlight #2. I'm sorry for my penguin guy but he got the pool of death :psysad:. I won't comment on star/ajna cause i don't really know them, but i've always been high on them and think they're solid so /shrug. Highways is interesting, I always thought he was good but his teamchoices, especially in early sm, were very questionable imo. I think that he fixed that now, I like a lot of his ss teams and has cool ideas going so i expect him to do well in this tour.

SS UU #6:
Lilburr (2-1) / basaninho (1-2) / Confide (0-3) / pokemonisfun (3-0)

fine pool too. Idk who Confide is but the other 3 are more than decent. I'm not really high on basa but i think that he could definitely go positive. I like pif even if his teamchoices aren't really my thing(I actually prefer his stall teams than his attempts at balances) and think that if he cares about this tour enough he could def 3-0. Lilburr is weird to me, I think that she tends to play a bit worse in tours cause she overthinks her plays sometimes but might just be a me thing(cit.). If she isn't burned out enough i expect her to go positive.

SS UU #7:
Meru (1-2) / Amane Misa (3-0) / Maple (0-3) / Moutemoute (2-1)

Idk? I don't like moute's playing much, even tho i think that his building is fine. Unless she brings awful cheeses Misa should def be able to go 3-0, idt i've ever seen Meru playing uu in ss and Idk who Maple is (sorry :( ).

SS UU #8:
SANJAY (2-1) / Jrdn (1-2) / lyd (2-1) / Loki (1-2)

Worst pool probably(in SS at least). I love lyd and i think that he can definitely go positive, first win might be needed for motivation issues tho. I have seen some sanjay games in pspl and looked fine to me even if some turns were underwhealming, Idk the others so i'm just guessing.

SS UU #9:
Indigo Plateau (2-1) / Sabella (2-1) / Twilight (1-2) / Kiichikos (1-2)

Highlight #3, but I don't really have many comments here. IP / Sabella are both doing well lately, especially IP. Twilight is someone that I don't know much even if they have been around the UU community for a long time, but from the little games i spectated i didn't like his playing much. I have no idea about kiichikos but i love their nick so i want them to win at least 1 game:psyglad:

SM UU:
SM UU #1:
Corazan (1-2) / PinkDragonTamer (2-1) / SPACE FORCE meeps (1-2) / vivalospride (2-1)

Highlight for SM. I kind of liked Corazan's SM even if he has been criticized for it iirc? I think that he could definitely go positive. Not sure on meeps' SM so i won't comment that, even tho i remember a certain game against aquadext with a certain tspike. I think that Viv is solid, more in the builder than on the stage, but i expect him to go positive. Hope he isn't too burned out and cares enough about the tour, he didn't seem to be on a good mood lately and i wouldn't want it to affect his playing (but maybe it's just me and there is nothing of this going on). I like pdt's sm but i think that you can prep easily against him and i expect either cora or viv to(if they take the tour srsly enough).

SM UU #2:
Ninjadog (0-3) / Kink (1-2) / robjr (2-1) / Gondra (3-0)

Fine pool. Idk ninjadog so i'm not gonna comment on them but the other 3 are dangerous. I think that rob is really good but his teams are kind of easy to call. I prefer kink's ru than uu in sm and i don't like his uu teamchoices much but i can see him going positive. Idk if gondra will have pak's help or not but i think that they can 3-0 with the right choices.

SM UU #3:
Floss (0-3) / Santu (3-0) / martha (2-1) / Spl4sh (1-2)

Santu 3-0s, martha(hopefully) wins her first game so she gets on a good mood to carry the pognited kingdom and spl4sh idk uses some wack br team to beat the other guy which i don't know.

ORAS UU:
ORAS UU #1:
bugzinator (1-2) / Pepeduce (1-2) / Wanka (3-0) / Flamita (1-2)

ORAS UU #2:
Hogg (3-0) / Sjneider (2-1) / Splash (0-3) / Expulso (1-2)

ORAS UU #3:
Euphonos (1-2) / RaJ.Shoot(0-3) / Bobby Dagen (3-0) / Eternal Spirit (2-1)

Don't take it personally if i predicted you to go negative, i'm a clown so my opinion doens't matter :pleading_face: Rooting for UK / South.

hope grammar is fine :pleading_face:

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
unBIASED PREDICTIONS:

SS UU:

SS UU #1:

TMM (1-2) / Feliburn (1-2) / Freeroamer (2-1) / TDK (2-1) - This is a pool comprised entirely of solid players, but I believe TDK + Freeroamer’s experience combined with how they're mainers should give them a decent advantage versus the other two. TMM is good enough to beat Feliburn, and Feliburn is good enough to beat one of the two mainers, so I don’t think either of them go winless though.

SS UU #2:

watashi (2-1) / hs (1-2) / avarice (1-2) / Anish (2-1)

FLCL’s tournament experience and consistent play + viv teambuilding support should give him the ability to cruise through this group without too much trouble. Picking the other winner is tough, but I give the slightest edges to Anish, who I believe is a little less inconsistent and a little more tournament ready than the other two, assuming he’s motivated.

SS UU #3:

solonor24 (2-1) / Adaam (2-1) / Ramolost (1-2) / ZoroDark (1-2) - who THE FUCK let this pool happen? All four of these players are capable of getting hot and going 3-0, but I’m going to lean on past tournament results and give the edge to the best SS player alive and also to the canadian conquerer. This pool is still anyone’s game though.

SS UU #4:

Amukamara (1.5-1.5) / Lets In The Sun (0-3) / CBU (3-0) / ToastedBunzzz02 (1.5-1.5) - CBU is CBU, there’s actually no need to discuss him further. Toasted and Amukamara are each solid players who have far more grasp on SS UU than Let’s In The Sun, and I think the winner of their game goes on to be the second winner of the pool.

SS UU #5:

gorex (0.5-2.5) / Star (2-1) / Highways (0.5-2.5) / Ajna (3-0) - Ajna and Star are two great players who are at the top of their games. Gorex and Highways, on the other hand are good, but don’t really stand a chance against these two bar insane RNG and I question their team support.

SS UU #6:

Lilburr (2-1) / basaninho (2-1) / Confide (0-3) / pokemonisfun (2-1) - Lily’s unwavering motivation and promising showing in UUPL in my mind lock her up as one of the pool winners. pif and basa, while both my friends, both cannot make it and are quite similar in that they can both play very solidly in-game but their teambuilding leaves a lot to be desired at times. The winner of their game should advance as the second winner.

SS UU #7:

Meru (2-1) / Amane Misa (3-0) / Maple (1-2) / Moutemoute (0-3) - Meru and Misa are both pretty accomplished and experienced tournament players, whereas the other two aren’t so much. This is pretty clear cut to me.

SS UU #8:

SANJAY (1-2) / Jrdn (2-1) / lyd (1.5-1.5) / Loki (1.5-1.5) - I’m pretty certain that Team Canada will whip something up pretty good for Jrdn that he can win with, given his experience but not 100% on that. Brazil and Midwest don’t have the same teambuilding support behind their respective players but they’re both relatively okay in game. I refuse to bold anyone in this pool because it’s just so full of unknown quantities.

SS UU #9:

Indigo Plateau (2-1) / Sabella (2-1) / Twilight (1-2) / Kiichikos (1-2) - UUPL champion Indigo Plateau and UULT runner-up Sabella should cruise through this pool because of their previous tour experience and better support behind them.

SM UU:
SM UU #1:

Corazan (1-2) / PinkDragonTamer (2-1) / SPACE FORCE meeps (1-2) / vivalospride (2-1) - I trust viv and PDT far more than the other two given how well and how long they’ve played this tier. Corazan’s teams are always whack and I’m 95% sure meeps joined as a meme.

SM UU #2:

Ninjadog (0-3) / Kink (1-2) / robjr (3-0) / Gondra (2-1) - robjr is one of the best SM players on the planet, period. Gondra is not, but given Kink’s rust and questionable motivation, I trust him ever so slightly more.

SM UU #3:

Floss (0-3) / Santu (3-0) / martha (1-2) / Spl4sh (2-1) - Santu is good at whatever tier he chooses to play. Spl4sh is somewhat questionable but I expect the brazillians to give him teams just bad enough to work, so he gets the edge. (He also isn’t a pog spammer)

ORAS UU:

ORAS UU #1:

bugzinator (2-1) / PepeDuce (0.5-2.5) / Wanka (3-0) / Flamita (0.5-2.5) - Christopher Wanka is insane, except with choosing when to Draco, but still insane nevertheless. bugz isn’t quite as good as him but still solid enough to win against these inexperienced opponents easily

ORAS UU #2:

Hogg (2-1) / Sjneider (3-0) / Splash (0-3) / Expulso (1-2) - GOD KING NEIDER is gonna cruise pretty easily through this pull with such good team support behind him and solid fundamentals. Hogg is also good and his boomer self has been playing this tier since its inception, so his knowledge of the littlest of nooks and crannies of this meta should serve him well.

ORAS UU #3:

Euphonos (1-2) / RaJ.Shoot (0-3) / Bobby Dagen (2-1) / Eternal Spirit (3-0) - Rodri and ES are both super good and tournament experienced, despite the fact that one is from Brazil and the other doesn’t always have the most comprehensible scheduling attempts. This is an easy prediction.

BW UU:

BW UU #1:

trace (1-2) / SOMALIA (3-0) / 52Gambit (0-3) / r0ady (2-1) - SOMALIA’s UUPL performance showed off how hot the man really is, if he doesn’t ghost his team. r0ady isn’t super impressive but is no slouch either, and I expect the fact that he’s mainer should give him enough of an edge in this pool to cruise through.

BW UU #2:

MrAldo (1-2) / EviGaro (2-1) / choolio (3-0) / Pedrock (0-3) - EviGaro and choolio have both shown that they are capable of playing this tier at a high level in UUPL. The other two have not.

BW UU #3:

Serene Grace (0-0) / Finchinator (0-0) / Alkione (0-0) / faded love (0-3) - LOOOOOOOOL WHO UNIRONICALLY PUT THIS EDGELORD JOKER FADED LOVE IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS GUY HAS NO SHEET PRESENCE EXCEPT BEING 0-2 IN NFEPL LMAO. I don’t care who wins this pool, but it won’t be that unviable shmuck.

DPP UU:

DPP UU #1:

luisotte (0-3) / esche (3-0) / byronthewellwell (1-2)/ Heysup (2-1) - esche is a heatman, and heysup is a good veteran despite his uupl performance showing otherwise.

DPP UU #2:

brewfasa (2-1) / atomicllamas (0-3) / Estarossa (1-2) / Thiago Nunes (3-0) - Thiago was on fire last UUPL, and I expect that to continue. brewfasa has been in SPL, and I expect his overall DPP know how and excellent team support to come through for him here, assuming he can shake off the rust.

DPP UU #3:

Emeral (1-2) / TSR (3-0) / Donphantastic (2-1) / Mikaav (0-3) - TSR and Donny P are tier veterans and are extremely motivated to win for their respective teams, so it’s very hard to predict against them.

ADV UU:

ADV UU #1:

Bouff (2-1) / The Kyle (1-2) / Shiba (2-1) / Hamhamhamhamham (1-2) - Shiba and Bouff are both relatively experienced veterans who really shouldn’t have too hard of a time with this pool, bar The Kyle pulling classic BRASILIA LUCK.

ADV UU #2:

BlazingDark (0-3) / lighthouses (1-2) / Christo (2-1) / Raichy (3-0) - Raichy is hot, and Christo has great team support and he’s real good at slower metagames, if his SS OU play shows anything.

ADV UU #3:

BKC (3-0) / Finding True Love (2-1) / eden (1-2) / So Noisy (0-3) - BKC is BKC. FTL performed super well in UUPL, so I can’t bold against either.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
unBIASED PREDICTIONS:

SS UU:

SS UU #1:

TMM (1-2) / Feliburn (1-2) / Freeroamer (2-1) / TDK (2-1) - This is a pool comprised entirely of solid players, but I believe TDK + Freeroamer’s experience combined with how they're mainers should give them a decent advantage versus the other two. TMM is good enough to beat Feliburn, and Feliburn is good enough to beat one of the two mainers, so I don’t think either of them go winless though.

SS UU #2:

watashi (2-1) / hs (1-2) / avarice (1-2) / Anish (2-1)

FLCL’s tournament experience and consistent play + viv teambuilding support should give him the ability to cruise through this group without too much trouble. Picking the other winner is tough, but I give the slightest edges to Anish, who I believe is a little less inconsistent and a little more tournament ready than the other two, assuming he’s motivated.

SS UU #3:

solonor24 (2-1) / Adaam (2-1) / Ramolost (1-2) / ZoroDark (1-2) - who THE FUCK let this pool happen? All four of these players are capable of getting hot and going 3-0, but I’m going to lean on past tournament results and give the edge to the best SS player alive and also to the canadian conquerer. This pool is still anyone’s game though.

SS UU #4:

Amukamara (1.5-1.5) / Lets In The Sun (0-3) / CBU (3-0) / ToastedBunzzz02 (1.5-1.5) - CBU is CBU, there’s actually no need to discuss him further. Toasted and Amukamara are each solid players who have far more grasp on SS UU than Let’s In The Sun, and I think the winner of their game goes on to be the second winner of the pool.

SS UU #5:

gorex (0.5-2.5) / Star (2-1) / Highways (0.5-2.5) / Ajna (3-0) - Ajna and Star are two great players who are at the top of their games. Gorex and Highways, on the other hand are good, but don’t really stand a chance against these two bar insane RNG and I question their team support.

SS UU #6:

Lilburr (2-1) / basaninho (1.5-1.5) / Confide (0-3) / pokemonisfun (1.5-1.5) - Lily’s unwavering motivation and promising showing in UUPL in my mind lock her up as one of the pool winners. pif and basa, while both my friends, both cannot make it and are quite similar in that they can both play very solidly in-game but their teambuilding leaves a lot to be desired at times. The winner of their game should advance as the second winner.

SS UU #7:

Meru (2-1) / Amane Misa (3-0) / Maple (1-2) / Moutemoute (0-3) - Meru and Misa are both pretty accomplished and experienced tournament players, whereas the other two aren’t so much. This is pretty clear cut to me.

SS UU #8:

SANJAY (1-2) / Jrdn (2-1) / lyd (1.5-1.5) / Loki (1.5-1.5) - I’m pretty certain that Team Canada will whip something up pretty good for Jrdn that he can win with, given his experience but not 100% on that. Brazil and Midwest don’t have the same teambuilding support behind their respective players but they’re both relatively okay in game. I refuse to bold anyone in this pool because it’s just so full of unknown quantities.

SS UU #9:

Indigo Plateau (2-1) / Sabella (2-1) / Twilight (1-2) / Kiichikos (1-2) - UUPL champion Indigo Plateau and UULT runner-up Sabella should cruise through this pool because of their previous tour experience and better support behind them.

SM UU:
SM UU #1:

Corazan (1-2) / PinkDragonTamer (2-1) / SPACE FORCE meeps (1-2) / vivalospride (2-1) - I trust viv and PDT far more than the other two given how well and how long they’ve played this tier. Corazan’s teams are always whack and I’m 95% sure meeps joined as a meme.

SM UU #2:

Ninjadog (0-3) / Kink (1-2) / robjr (3-0) / Gondra (2-1) - robjr is one of the best SM players on the planet, period. Gondra is not, but given Kink’s rust and questionable motivation, I trust him ever so slightly more.

SM UU #3:

Floss (0-3) / Santu (3-0) / martha (1-2) / Spl4sh (2-1) - Santu is good at whatever tier he chooses to play. Spl4sh is somewhat questionable but I expect the brazillians to give him teams just bad enough to work, so he gets the edge. (He also isn’t a pog spammer)

ORAS UU:

ORAS UU #1:

bugzinator (2-1) / PepeDuce (0.5-2.5) / Wanka (3-0) / Flamita (0.5-2.5) - Christopher Wanka is insane, except with choosing when to Draco, but still insane nevertheless. bugz isn’t quite as good as him but still solid enough to win against these inexperienced opponents easily

ORAS UU #2:

Hogg (2-1) / Sjneider (3-0) / Splash (0-3) / Expulso (1-2) - GOD KING NEIDER is gonna cruise pretty easily through this pull with such good team support behind him and solid fundamentals. Hogg is also good and his boomer self has been playing this tier since its inception, so his knowledge of the littlest of nooks and crannies of this meta should serve him well.

ORAS UU #3:

Euphonos (1-2) / RaJ.Shoot (0-3) / Bobby Dagen (2-1) / Eternal Spirit (3-0) - Rodri and ES are both super good and tournament experienced, despite the fact that one is from Brazil and the other doesn’t always have the most comprehensible scheduling attempts. This is an easy prediction.

BW UU:

BW UU #1:

trace (1-2) / SOMALIA (3-0) / 52Gambit (0-3) / r0ady (2-1) - SOMALIA’s UUPL performance showed off how hot the man really is, if he doesn’t ghost his team. r0ady isn’t super impressive but is no slouch either, and I expect the fact that he’s mainer should give him enough of an edge in this pool to cruise through.

BW UU #2:

MrAldo (1-2) / EviGaro (2-1) / choolio (3-0) / Pedrock (0-3) - EviGaro and choolio have both shown that they are capable of playing this tier at a high level in UUPL. The other two have not.

BW UU #3:

Serene Grace (0-0) / Finchinator (0-0) / Alkione (0-0) / faded love (0-3) - LOOOOOOOOL WHO UNIRONICALLY PUT THIS EDGELORD JOKER FADED LOVE IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS GUY HAS NO SHEET PRESENCE EXCEPT BEING 0-2 IN NFEPL LMAO. I don’t care who wins this pool, but it won’t be that unviable shmuck.

DPP UU:

DPP UU #1:

luisotte (0-3) / esche (3-0) / byronthewellwell (1-2)/ Heysup (2-1) - esche is a heatman, and heysup is a good veteran despite his uupl performance showing otherwise.

DPP UU #2:

brewfasa (2-1) / atomicllamas (0-3) / Estarossa (1-2) / Thiago Nunes (3-0) - Thiago was on fire last UUPL, and I expect that to continue. brewfasa has been in SPL, and I expect his overall DPP know how and excellent team support to come through for him here, assuming he can shake off the rust.

DPP UU #3:

Emeral (1-2) / TSR (3-0) / Donphantastic (2-1) / Mikaav (0-3) - TSR and Donny P are tier veterans and are extremely motivated to win for their respective teams, so it’s very hard to predict against them.

ADV UU:

ADV UU #1:

Bouff (2-1) / The Kyle (1-2) / Shiba (2-1) / Hamhamhamhamham (1-2) - Shiba and Bouff are both relatively experienced veterans who really shouldn’t have too hard of a time with this pool, bar The Kyle pulling classic BRASILIA LUCK.

ADV UU #2:

BlazingDark (0-3) / lighthouses (1-2) / Christo (2-1) / Raichy (3-0) - Raichy is hot, and Christo has great team support and he’s real good at slower metagames, if his SS OU play shows anything.

ADV UU #3:

BKC (3-0) / Finding True Love (2-1) / eden (1-2) / So Noisy (0-3) - BKC is BKC. FTL performed super well in UUPL, so I can’t bold against either.
I drafted you in UUPL last year and you’re predicting lilburr over me??? Dude!

host-sanctioned purdictions of EVERY MATCH my god I hate juno good thing I didn't have much else to do with my day today

TMM vs Feliburn: already starting off with one I can't really predict, both have the pretty aggro playstyle where they have no fear pulling tough triggers and prefer the offensive stuff in their team choices, should be a pretty damn entertaining game either way. Would give feli the edge in raw playing capability but tmm in the meta knowledge deparment.

TMM vs Freeroamer: I think this game will be in a similar vein to the one above but can't help but bold roamer due to the fact that I feel he edges out tmm in the playing department but tmm can't get away with the superior meta knowledge in this matchup. Granted, still should be a pretty close game and another good one to watch.

TMM vs TDK: another one where I just have a really hard time bolding tmm against his opponent since tdk is definitely one of the best of the best on smogon in general and is very capable of 3-0ing this pool off of raw outskilling alone. That being said, I can't say for sure where his motivation lies on the scale of zero to pak playing with free pre workout on the line, so I feel like he might have the capacity to flop the odd game or three. I don't think anyone in this pool can run away with a free win from tdk though unless insane mu or luck, so I have a tough time bolding not him here.

Feliburn vs Freeroamer: This one should be similar again to a lot of my tmm predicts above, both like being aggressive in game and aren't ever afraid of making tough plays that would make the stours lobby explode if there was a trophy on the line. Gotta think roamer will edge this one out with his combination of The Meta Knowledge + motivation.

Feliburn vs TDK: At the risk of sounding repetitive, I think tdk is probably the hardest person to beat in this pool just due to his much more lengthy experience all around, so I can't really predict against him too hard. I think they way feli approaches the game naturally matches up well against how tdk seems to however, so it could very easily turn around in feli's favor as well.

Freeroamer vs TDK: Probably the single closest game in this pool, I'm fairly sure roamer is motivated and in pretty great form atm so I expect him to at the very least put up a really good fight here. Hard to predict against the best in terms of raw proven talent in the pool though, so I think this is about as much of a tossup as it could be.

hs vs avarice: both are players that I feel have decently high peaks and are capable of turning up when need be, but I feel like avarice may be more slightly tilt-prone in the 1v1. Chances are that -hs is the tilter and avarice ends up being the tiltee if it does come down to this; close game though.

hs vs Anish: another about even game I feel, not much to go on about how these 2 match up other than knowing anish is now one of our resident ladder fiends so he may have a quicker uptake on playing our silly meta since he'll probably have a lot more games under his belt, so I'll give him a small edge for that reason.

avarice vs Anish: gotta bold Anish here, I'll keep it short with the reasoning here basically being a hybrid of the 2 above.

solonor24 vs Adaam: Half the ladder demons in one pool oh my. Adaam is just the more tried and true option here and probably the far and away favorite to 3-0, though if I had to pick one this would for sure be the pool where anyone in it can turn up and clean sweep. Big edge to adaam overall but an upset would not be remotely surprising.
solonor24 vs Ramolost: Definitely can't even begin to predict this one granted what I just mentioned about the ladder goats. This one's sure to be a good watch, would recommend tuning in.
solonor24 vs Zorodark: Gotta give the bold to zoro here since I feel like he tends to match up decently well vs players who tend to get overly aggressive which I have seen solonor do quite a bit in the past. Again no flack to solo and I think another upset here would be nothing to be shocked about if he brings a more calculated approach that he's definitely capable of.
Adaam vs Ramolost: Another edge here just because it's Adaam ngl
Adaam vs Zorodark: On paper this is the closest matchup Adaam will have to the Fabled Upset but it's still Adaam so he's probably favored to win this one as well. Heat pool overall, hope I can catch all these games.

Amukamara vs Lets In The Sun: I think amukamara tends to be pretty consistently above average at UU stuff across the board, whereas his opp here probably doesn't play UU much at all and doesn't look to have much in the way of top tier building support. Also I must know... LET'S WHAT IN THE SUN!?!?!?! WHAT ARE WE DOING IN THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amukamara vs CBU: On paper I don't see cbu not going 3-0 in this pool if I'm being honest. That said, if there was one matchup he was more likely to lose than the rest, it'd be this one.

Amukamara vs Toastedbunzzz02: No info on this toastedbunz fellow so I'm just gonna bold the person that I've seen play competently before.

Lets In The Sun vs CBU: See above

Lets In The Sun vs Toastedbunzzz02: Again, no idea on either of these so idk how the game could turn out.

CBU vs Toastedbunzzz02: Unlike the last pool, some serious tom foolery would need to happen in these games for cbu to not go 3-0 imo.

gorex vs Star: Both from my experience are solid players but it should go without saying that star is probably solid-er, I don't imagine him making this an easy one for gorex.

gorex vs Highways: Another solid player vs solid player thing, highways seems to be in pretty good form if open is anything to go by so he probably will be able to take this one home.

Star vs Highways: Another probably good one; like I mentioned above highways is in good form but Star is one of the more consistent players overall and it'll be a big hurdle for him to clear.

Lilburr vs basaninho: I'm decently high on lily at the moment, as she's gotten pretty damn good in a pretty short timespan and has been on a decent roll. This being said, I find some of her team choices questionable on occasion, and she is more tilt prone than she lets on while I'm pretty sure basa just is not. Giving lily the edge but wouldn't be surprised with an upset.

Lilburr vs Confide: Same as above generally but to a higher degree, lily is simply better at this tier (probably) and should be able to win this one too if she keeps her head on her shoulders.

Lilburr vs pokemonisfun: Lily is good and all but pif has been around forever now and is the definition of consistency. Granted he does tend to pull out some cheesy / less consistent stuff sometimes and it should be doable for lily if she does do the said nesting of head on her shoulders.

basaninho vs Confide: Giving basa a small edge on the basis that I'm assuming he'll just be more in tune with the meta, could go either way since confide is a pretty decent player as well.

basaninho vs pokemonisfun: See above @ my lily vs pif predicts, pif is just really consistent and is my favorite to 3-0 this pool.

Confide vs pokemonisfun: see above x2

Amane Misa vs Maple: Misa is probably the best player in this pool, don't see her losing outside of some tom foolery.

Amane Misa vs Moutemoute: See above but to a slightly less extent, but I think misa will match up naturally well as a player in this one.

Maple vs Moutemoute: Edge here to moute just because of the good ol meta knowledge

SANJAY vs Jrdn: I don't really have enough info to go on here tbh, should be a decent game afaik but I haven't watched either of them play all too much in general.

SANJAY vs lyd: Again, not to much info I have to go on for sanjay here, I wanna give lyd the edge because he spends way more time on this tier but I know he tends to have some confidence issues in game, could pan out poorly for him.

SANJAY vs Loki: This one I feel is a little more clear cut since it's pretty obvious Loki has the experience precedence and has appeared to still be pretty hot even after coming back from the long hiatus.

Jrdn vs lyd: Pretty much same as above, personal bias but hoping lyd can pull these ones out.

Jrdn vs Loki: Pretty much the same as the other Loki predict, I don't have much more to add but it looks like he hasn't lost his spark so I think taking a properly motivated Loki down will be quite the task.

lyd vs Loki: Same as above, hoping lyd can put up a good fight but he's gotta keep his cool in game.

Indigo Plateau vs Sabella: SUPER hot matchup, no idea how this will go but it should be a quite high quality game and I'd recommend tuning into this one.

Indigo Plateau vs Twilight: I think ip, while being a furry, is very demonstrably in good form right now and probably is overall a bit better overall. I really do wanna see twiloat turn it around and kill it here after getting robbed for half a season in uupl.

Indigo Plateau vs Kiichikos: This pool is absolutely brutal for kiichi, wins are always possible but its gonna be TOUGH to not go 0-3.

Sabella vs Twilight: Same sentiment again as ip vs twilight, booty is a bit more of a seasoned player so hard to predict against him but twilight hopefully has the motivation to put himself on the board here.

Sabella vs Kiichikos: Same as above, booty's gonna be way more on top of the meta and playing than kiichi here

Twilight vs Kiichikos: ^

Corazan vs PinkDragonTamer: I have personally never been a fan of the junk that cora brings to this tier, while pdt usually brings some decent stuff and is no slouch as a player, so if he keeps his head on his shoulders I think he'll be able to pull this out.

Corazan vs SPACE FORCE meeps: Same as above, meeps is an overall consistent player so I think he'll edge it out but is also mildly likely to bring junk as well; game might be mind expanding.

PinkDragonTamer vs SPACE FORCE meeps: Tough one to call here, if everything pans out as I predict pdt will probably build the better team and meeps will play the better game, how far each of those go will be tbd.

Ninjadog vs Kink: I think the king has a slight edge because he'll be more in tune with the tier and ninjadog might not be ready for kink's special brand of creativity and I'm expecting it to at least slightly throw him off.

Ninjadog vs robjr: Rob has been doing quite well for a while now so I don't see him being an easy hurdle to get over for anyone in this pool. He also happens to be one of the like four people that actually enjoy this nonsense tier so I'm imagining the motivation will be there.

Ninjadog vs Gondra: Another tough one for ninja since gondra is a pretty good player while also being another one of those three other people that actually enjoy this clusterfuck. That being said I'm not sure on how gooper builds on his own so there's a chance a good scout could go a long way.

Kink vs robjr: Should be a decently close game but I think rob should be able to win this one off of raw outskilling.

Kink vs Gondra: Imagine this will be in the same vein as kink vs rob, pretty winnable for both ends though.

robjr vs Gondra: As I said these are like the two people that can have fun in sm uu, expecting a really good game here.

Floss vs Santu: Hard to predict against santu here, he's fairly consistent while I've got zero on floss.

Floss vs martha: Holy SHIT i want martha to win so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad but her confidence issues in game are like lyd's I mentioned earlier but turned up to 13. Outside of this I expect martha to be able to have way better prep here, if she can follow it up in game she'll be golden.

Floss vs Spl4sh: Not much to go on here since idk how floss is gonna perform, I'll say spl4sh might have a slight edge since I've at least seen him play decently in the past?

Santu vs Martha: Santu as I mentioned earlier is probably the most consistent player in this pool and martha is martha sometimes. If martha can keep her nerves under control she'll be able to put up a great fight though.

Santu vs Spl4sh: Pretty much same as I've been saying, santu is decently consistent and should be able to Just Outplay.

martha vs Spl4sh: martha win please

starting to hate myself

bugzinator vs Pepeduce: I've lowkey never seen pepeduce oras but I'll give it to bugz on the fact that he can probably get handed a couple teams and go positive.

bugzinator vs Wanka: Think if the game gets done our hero wanka is pretty even when he plays well. However, bugz has a timezone outside of the U.S. so the chances of wanka being able to schedule properly are slim.

bugzinator vs Flamita: Same thing @ pepeduce, bugzi can probably just get handed teams and do well where flamita I don't know if he's gonna have decent building support.

Pepeduce vs Wanka: ORAS tends to be pretty favored toward those who have good teams, and chris wanka can manage to build his own or use more of pak's pre workout frenzy-induced top tier oras builds, so gonna give it to wankerson based off of the fact that I don't know what the prep for pepeduce is really gonna be.

Pepeduce vs Flamita: Much like some of my other neutral predicts I just don't have good info to go on as far as these guys go in terms of oras prowess, so I'll just assume it's a tossup for now.

Wanka vs Flamita: Same as above, wanka has easy access to good teams but I've got no idea on where Flamita is coming up with stuff. Everyone's got a chance if they don't bring wish sylveon and bronzong though.

Hogg vs Splash: While hogg doesn't play a ton, he has quite a bit more experience in general, and I feel hogg's gonna be able to be able to win with his more creative stuff.

Hogg vs Expulso: Expulso's been pretty decent since he's come back but I feel like that just might not be enough to deal with hogg's pretty wild ideas.

Expulso vs Splash: Think this one is about even, will probably come down to who has the better team choice here.

Euphonos vs Raj.Shoot: Clarion is always a massive wild card because his builds and play can be downright insane sometimes. Raj seems like the least likely player to come prepared for his 10000 iq stuff so I'll give this one to clarion.

Euphonos vs Bobby Dagen: I can't really bold against rodri in confidence, he's really really good at choking opponents out over long games. If clarion can effectively prep for some of his often outdated team choices though it should be interesting.

Euphonos vs Eternal Spirit: Hard to predict since gama is pretty consistent and can win for sure but I'm feeling him just getting passed teams and might not come prepared as he could be for the crazy shit he's bound to face.

Raj.Shoot vs Bobby Dagen: Raj has a lot to prove here, rodri is simply pretty favored here.

Raj.Shoot vs Eternal Spirit: Read above

trace vs SOMALIA: Somalia is the GOAT and for once seems to be very consistently motivated at the moment, gonna be a hard one for trace since somalia is a bw uu overlord on top of this (personal bias) (I like trace too).

trace vs 52Gambit: I haven't seen 52Gambit do much while I know that trace can be a pretty good player when he wants to be.

trace vs r0ady: Managing to be in pretty good form after his triumphant return and probably is more in tune with bw uu, trace is definitely not a slouch though so I'd say this'll be a decent game.

SOMALIA vs 52Gambit: Motivated somalioat vs someone that I don't really know in the bw department.

SOMALIA vs r0ady: Best matchup in the pool imo, expecting somalia to pull up with some heat.

52Gambit vs r0ady: More to go on r0ady here gotta give it to him.

MrAldo vs Evigaro: RU moment. Pretty sure evi plays this tier actively more often but they're both pretty similar in their styles so it could be close. One is in the asiancy so maybe aldo has the edge though.....

MrAldo vs choolio: Now for this one I KNOW is way in choolio's favor, he's got a long history of being good at this tier so I will not go against it.

MrAldo vs Pedrock: I haven't seen much of pedrock play so I'll just favor aldo here since I think the good stuff in bw uu will pretty comfortably suit his style.

EviGaro vs choolio: If all goes Right In The World I'm just imagining that choolio's gonna be 3-0ing this pool. Evi is probably his best competition here though so it'll definitely be a close one.

EviGaro vs Pedrock: Evi's the 2nd best in this pool probably, choolio's probably gonna be the only roadblock for her other than eternal tilt.

choolio vs Pedrock: Like I've said many a time, choolio's probably winning this outside of major tom foolery.

Serene Grace vs Finchinator: This pool's gonna be hard pressed to stop an incoming 3-0 finch. However, finch can manage tilt a bit when playing jank stuff so a win might be able to be squeaked out if anyone brings some weird junk they're confident in.

Serene Grace vs Alkione: Both guys here are pretty big wild cards here imo, I think serene will probably play / build overall better since alkione has brought junk a bit in the past.

Finchinator vs Alkione: Same as above pretty much, though alkione has the luck factor on his side from past experiences so finchy beware.

I crave death
luisotte vs esche: Thank GOD I didn't get this pool father esche is an autoloss for me without fail. Anyway, esche has good game sense and manages to pull up with the good kind of creative stuff, highly valued traits in a (good) variance madhouse with no preview like dpp.

luisotte vs byronthewellwell: Can't say I know much about this luisotte fellow and I have reason to believe byron will be fairly competent at worst this tour, gonna bold him.

luisotte vs Heysup: Read anything I've said about this pool so far, I've got nothing on luisotte while heysup always does well in dpp.

esche vs byronthewellwell: Another case of being more in tune with the tier imo, dad should take this but I imagine it won't be a bad game.

esche vs Heysup: Super close one that can go either way, think dad will edge it out in the building department a bit but that won't carry him for the entire game unless insane mu (a very rare occurence!)

byronthewellwell vs Heysup: Should be another good game, think Heysup knows his way around the tier in question better so I'll say he's probably got this one.

brewfasa vs atomicllamas: If fatty can schedule in a timely manner this'll be a good one but real talk I think he'll bring a good team and be a little bit better at this tier than llamas.

brewfasa vs Estarossa: The logical tsr says esta should probably lose this but I know he's hella motivated and as long as his prep is on point and he doesn't play too passively in game I think he'll have a fighting chance to take it here.

brewfasa vs Thiago Nunes: Think fatty's simply the better player here, expect him to take it with better team choice and better play. I know thiago has been messing around in dpp for a bit now though, maybe he can pull an upset here.

atomicllamas vs Estarossa: I think this game will play out similar to fatty vs esta, but llamas I feel is not as much of a scary opponent so esta can definitely manage a win here.

atomicllamas vs Thiago Nunes: Not sure about how this one plays out, might give a slight edge to llamas just based on precedence but feel like I can't really make a good call on this one.

Estarossa vs Thiago Nunes: Just some random thoughts here but esta can be a little tilt prone so if that kicks in his potential hot streak might stop early. In this particular matchup I think he'll have the motivation and team choice to win, I think esta can pull out a positive record if he stays on top of his shit.

Emeral vs Donphantastic: Emeral is a pretty accomplished player as of late in gen 4, so I'm expecting him to be a tough contender in our pool. While he may probably have the edge in raw playing ability, donathan carlos phantastic plays this shit more than most of the dpp regulars combined and probably has 15 teams ready for any given matchup. If emeral really knows what he's doing in this tier he's gonna make it really tough as hell for donny since he tends to have some Noticeable Trends that can definitely be exploited by a smart builder.

Emeral vs Mikaav: Better player here, not sure how they function in uu but not really expecting an upset here.

Donphantastic vs Mikaav: See above other than the questionable functioning in [dpp] uu part.

home stretch bros please end me

Bouff vs. The Kyle: I'm gonna say bouff is the better player here when he's not tilting off the face of the planet. He's got some momentum getting pretty far along in adv cup this year so should be in his favor. Unfortunately for boufferson this is kyle we're talking about and there is a nonzero chance that he gets bailed hard in any given game so guess we're not gonna know until we know.

Bouff vs Hamhamhamhamham: Bouff is the more solid player in this particular tier imo, hamx5 could take this though.

The Kyle vs Hamhamhamhamham: I don't know how to feel about this game at all.

BlazingDark vs lighthouses: Never actually seen these guys play adv so I'll just say its a tossup for now.

BlazingDark vs Christo: Again not much to go on with bd so I gotta assume that christo is gonna know his way around this tier a bit better than him.

BlazingDark vs Raichy: Pretty much same as the above prediction

lighthouses vs Christo: I'm gonna sound like a broken record

lighthouses vs Raichy: Broken record

Christo vs Raichy: Gonna probably be the best game in this pool, both will probably bring Good Teams and while christo may attempt to employ some of his tilting tactics, I'm fairly sure raichy is mostly immune to them and won't make any silly moves.

BKC vs Finding True Love: I can't really predict against the goat, on the chance that he has good building support since I am aware that he hasn't been the most motivated on his own for these uu tours in the past. That being said, ftl has a ton of confidence every time he goes in, and he could definitely pull up with a superior team choice depending on the circumstances.

BKC vs eden: As a long time friend of sunny I can say he might be kinda tilting depending on when he plays this game, his record at the time, and how early in the round he plays this one in comparison to the others. I think if I'm being honest bkc can outskill the whole pool but the motivation on both sides of this matchup will be fairly questionable. Gonna go with the goat but will be praying for the asiancy.....

BKC vs So Noisy: Not really a question of who's the better player here, if noisy wins here it'll likely be to some manner of the classic tom foolery.

Finding True Love vs eden: Very small advantage for ftl considering his past success in the tier, but sunny REALLY pops off when he wants to, could see him winning if the drive is there.

Finding True Love vs So Noisy: Yea not much to look at here, ftl has notable success at this and I've yet to see noisy play this tier at all.

eden vs So Noisy: I can say with a reasonable degree of confidence that sunny is the better player here and will win if he's not mentally checked out.

Well this was a Good Use of a few hours, nothing personal about these predictions etc etc. Gl to everyone and let's go west!!!!!!!!

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Posting on this site is fire for procrastination. I'd do some oras but i havent seen like more than half these goons play it so i'll move on to an even worse tier.

SM 1
Corazan vs PinkDragonTamer - This is one of the better SM games imo and both are def goodand know their way around the tier. Going to agree with the others than cora tends to bring some (mostly fat) tom foolery and that should be further compounded with jaaj supporting him, but I mean, it's worked for both of them and he's had some solid results over the last year, especially in a tier that he was mostly unfamiliar with to that point. However, PDT is one of the more passionate SMers and the tier prob fits his aggressive playstyle more so than other gens. He also has a metric fuck ton of SM support behind him assuming that they care, so he should definitely have the tools to break down cora's usual comfort zone along with the room to make those aforementioned big plays.

Corazan vs SPACE FORCE meeps: I honestly don't know if meeps has played SM UU since clef meta way back, where he was really solid, but it's hard to feel confident in his abilities with him so far removed from it. Like I said above, Corazan's a really nice player in-game and that's been on display across a number of major tournaments in recent times. Him and jaaj are presumably much more on top of the current meta than the opposing side and I'm assuming they'll prey on that gap of recent exp and tier knowledge to grab this one.

PinkDragonTamer vs SPACE FORCE meeps: As said earlier, PDT has a lot of support/general knowledge of the tier and will presumably bring a solid/up-to-date team to suit his playstyle. I'm not entirely sure what to expect from meeps team wise, but purely from a support/likelihood-to-give-a-shit standpoint, I have to give the edge to PDT who is more likely to bring a good modern team and from my previous predict/what's already happened, should have a decent head of steam going at this point already.

Corazan vs vivalospride - This one, I'm actually pretty torn on and think it could go either way. Ordinarily, I think vs bolds are kind of a cop out but to me it depends on viv's motivation level, which may not be all there atm. If it is, then he is one of the better builders the tier has to offer imo and isn't a slouch in game by any means either. See above for cora stuff but I think this game ultimately comes down to viv's motivation.

PinkDragonTamer vs vivalospride - happened

SPACE FORCE meeps vs vivalospride - As mentioned earlier, I'm not super confident in SM UU meeps considering his lack of exp in it during recent times and it's hard to pin down what he'll look like getting back into it. He's a solid player, but viv is definitely more proven in this meta specifically, especially in recent years, and I expect him to put that on display and take it. That said, I really don't know what to expect from meeps in any of these games and he unfortunately was paired against a few of the tier's standouts in round 1. I wouldn't be shocked by any means to see him take a game or 2 though.

SM 2
Ninjadog vs Kink - Kink has always had this unique style in any tier he touches, and the most recent UU gens haven't been any exception. While in my honest opinion, they may not always be the most optimal meta picks/choices, they are undoubtedly harder to get a read on for someone less familiar with the tier. To much knowledge, ninjadog falls under that description p firmly, and while he is a good LC player, I don't have much to go on here and will give it to the king.

Ninjadog vs robjr - Rob is definitely a top 3 or so SM UU player, or even higher depending on who you ask, and his passion for the tier is pretty even more apparent considering how much everyone else hates it. I'm not sure how much he would prep or build and all that for this tour specifically, but he does also have a strong group of players to bounce ideas off of if it comes down to it. Same deal as above for ninjadog, I'm not super familiar and would confidently bold rob against almost anyone in this tier.

Ninjadog vs Gondra - My fellow latino Gondra is another one of the very few people who actually like this tier, which can absolutely be accredited to the fact that he doesn't have to build it but I digress. Motivation to play whatever tier definitely matters imo and the pride of Mexico has really liked it over the last couple years whilst raking in some nice results. He's another player I'd bold against much of the pool and unfortunately for ninjadog, much like meeps, I don't have much to go off of and he pulled three solid opps in round 1.

Kink vs robjr - You can scroll up a bit to see rob gassing if you want and a lot of it will apply here too. The main thing to add in this setting is that rob has about as much experience in the tier as anyone and he should be more equipped from a playing standpoint to deal with some of kink's off-the-wall team picks, while also being able to take advantage of some of those tendencies in his own team choice. Kink's a solid player and I wouldn't be like shocked to see him take it but ye.

Kink vs Gondra - This one will be closer I may have thought it was at a glance. Gondra is really good at this tier, but given his lack of building exp or fundamentals, he presumably won't be as well-equipped to deal with the kink specials as someone like rob. Given the lack of direct support behind him, I'd expect Gondra to fall back on his tried-and-true teams of old, which is just fine ofc, but it does increase the chance of kink getting into the positions he envisions in his own prep. That said, I'm higher on Gondra playing-wise and with an even matchup I'd give him the edge.

robjr vs Gondra - Undoubtedly the highlight of this tier in round 1 in my humble opinion. It's super hard not to repeat myself over and over in these but these are two of the metagame's stronger and most passionate players for it, and I expect a back-and-forth slug fest of aggressive plays. Hopefully the matchup doesn't skew too heavily one way or the other so the spectators really get a treat. Rob gets a slight edge because of things I already said but yeah it could go either way.

SM 3
Floss (0-0) / Santu (0-0) / martha (0-0) / Spl4sh (0-0)

idk man. Honestly, I haven't seen much of any of these players in the tier. If anything I'd expect Santu to take it based on general pokemon skill along with the solid support behind him. Aside from that, martha probably has the most exp in this meta specifically so that should be a decent advantage to her against the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)