VGC 2020 Role Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should at a category of weather abusers without weather abilities like Cinderace (Sun), Dracovish (Rain), and Intellion (Hail and Rain). Also should add terrain setters like Rillaboom and terrain abusers like Raichu (Both Forms) and Alakazam.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure how many weather abusers without weather specific abilities there are to justify a section, but I have added sections for Terrains since that is undeniably relevant.

Last edited:
Should add Slowbros, Slowking, Cofagrigus, and Musharna to trick room setters. Also Tyranitar, Escavalier, and Gigalith to trick room Sweepers. Also maybe should add a category of sweepers in general like Cinderace, Dracofish, Darmanitan (Both forms), Haxorus, and Lucario.

Reactions: Jio

Jio

God is Good
Do any of those use a specific item for sweeping? Such as Life Orb, Choice Band, Weakness Policy? If so I could just add them to those boosting sections instead

AllTerrainVen0moth

Banned deucer.
add deez pls

:poliwrath: Swift Swim
:lycanroc: (Midday) Sand Rush :dracovish: / :dracozolt: (Sand rush once their HA's come out)
:butterfree: Tailwind
:slowking: Trick Room
:ferrothorn: :azumarill: :lurantis: :beheeyem: :dragalge: :druddigon: :exeggutor-alola: :golisopod: :marowak: (kanto and alola) :musharna: :perrserker: :slowbro: (kanto and galar) :slowking: :throh: :vikavolt: :wishiwashi: Trick Room Sweeper
:rhyperior: Lightning Rod
:riolu: :klefki: Prankster
:keldeo: Beat Up Recipient
Quiver Dance: :volcarona: :butterfree:
:ninetales-alola: Dual Screens
:krookodile: Intimidate / Snarl

You should add a section for Coaching (Terrakion, Hitmontop, Riolu, Mienshao, Cobalion, Virizion), and add Volcarona to Rage Powder users.
As far as TR sweepers, Duraludon, Vikavolt, and Dragalgae could be good adds. (You also have Gigalith twice in this section)
A section for Safeguard users could be cool, too, as it is growing in popularity on Arcanine (and Volcarona).

Also, I would like to maybe suggest the possible removal of Pokémon that are banned? Idk, it seems a little bit strange having them listed in this kind of thing. Could just be me, tho. (who knows, maybe they’ll be unbanned after Crowned Tundra release?)

Yuichi

umu!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Just a thought: is there really a point in adding every single mon onto the list that learns a particular move/has a particular ability? It doesn't really help people know what are "some of the more viable users " (as quoted rom the OP) when teambuilding. Like, i dont get why practically every single FE sand rush user is listed on that list when some are outright unviable and if anyone wanted to know what gets sand rush they could just google it or /ds sand rush on PS. If anyone wanted to find X abuser for half the categories here using PS commands would be a much faster and more efficient way of doing so.

Just a thought: is there really a point in adding every single mon onto the list that learns a particular move/has a particular ability? It doesn't really help people know what are "some of the more viable users " (as quoted rom the OP) when teambuilding. Like, i dont get why practically every single FE sand rush user is listed on that list when some are outright unviable and if anyone wanted to know what gets sand rush they could just google it or /ds sand rush on PS. If anyone wanted to find X abuser for half the categories here using PS commands would be a much faster and more efficient way of doing so.
You definitely bring up a good point, although I would argue that the whole "knowing which ones are viable" is what a tier list's job is, and that this is simply to tell people which pokemon to what, especially when you consider the amount of tricks that bo1 allows. Say for an example someone ran into a dhelmise on the doubles showdown ladder, and wasn't quite sure what it wanted to do, they could go here and see that Dhelmise is a Trick Room Sweeper which would then tell them that they should prepare to deal with Trick Room.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Say for an example someone ran into a dhelmise on the doubles showdown ladder, and wasn't quite sure what it wanted to do, they could go here and see that Dhelmise is a Trick Room Sweeper which would then tell them that they should prepare to deal with Trick Room.
typing /dt dhelmise, looking at its speed and attack stats, and then looking at the rest of the opp's team would also tell you it's a trick room attacker without leaving the page

typing /dt dhelmise, looking at its speed and attack stats, and then looking at the rest of the opp's team would also tell you it's a trick room attacker without leaving the page
I should also mention that I know jack shit about Showdown's commands lmao

Jio

God is Good
You make a good point actually. I can work on trimming some of these lists cause it has come to be really bloated by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)