VGC 2020 Series 6 Viability Thread

Does Sneasel have a use beyond Beat Up? I’m not familiar with the strategy or Pokemon but have used Weavile in the past. Super frail and fast from what I recall.
Sneasel has the added benefit of not being flinched. It also learns Surf, so it can do Coalossal/Steam Engine things. Both Pokemon are very good, and can hold Safety Goggles to avoid the Amoongus redirect if they are doing the Beat Up strat.

Hi All! I’m looking for some feedback on this team. I’m undefeated with it so far but I know that won’t last and I’m still testing it out before I use it in anger.
This should go in the RMT forum, but there's nothing wrong with this team at all: its' comprised of top-tier mons with good synergy with each other. I only recommend giga drain on amoonguss to help vs gastrodon, which your team might have a problem vs as the only way you can hit it is energy ball on prim.

This should go in the RMT forum, but there's nothing wrong with this team at all: its' comprised of top-tier mons with good synergy with each other. I only recommend giga drain on amoonguss to help vs gastrodon, which your team might have a problem vs as the only way you can hit it is energy ball on prim.
Thanks! And apologies for posting in the wrong forum!

>>D tier<<

:alcremie: Alcremie
:raichu-alola: Alolan Raichu
:flygon: Flygon
:greedent: Greedent
:heracross: Heracross
:mandibuzz: Mandibuzz
:meowstic: Meowstic-M
:passimian: Passimian
:pincurchin: Pincurchin
:scizor: Scizor
:scrafty: Scrafty
:togetic: Togetic
:tsareena: Tsareena
:weavile: Weavile
I haven't formed many opinions on series 6 yet, but there is a mon in the D tier that I feel like shouldn't be here.

Tsareena D->B
This is seriously one of the most underrated mons right now in my opinion. It's the only physical grass type in the meta that doesn't rely on beat up (virizion). It has great coverage, an amazing ability (queenly majesty), and a variety of sets it can run. I'd say definitely B tier.
Here is a set I like to use:
Tsareena (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- High Jump Kick
- Bounce
- Play Rough

Thats all I have to say for now about series 6.

Jashsmash

Braviary aficionado
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I haven't formed many opinions on series 6 yet, but there is a mon in the D tier that I feel like shouldn't be here.

Tsareena D->B
This is seriously one of the most underrated mons right now in my opinion. It's the only physical grass type in the meta that doesn't rely on beat up (virizion). It has great coverage, an amazing ability (queenly majesty), and a variety of sets it can run. I'd say definitely B tier.
Here is a set I like to use:
Tsareena (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- High Jump Kick
- Bounce
- Play Rough

Thats all I have to say for now about series 6.
Yeah we definitely under rated it pretty severely with our initial rankings so I definitely think it's one that we're gonna move up soon.

Aight, I don't know if I'm blind and i can't see it, but Klefki is unranked and it definitely shouldn't be. It has possibly the best typing in the game and has prankster with a bunch of great support moves like dual screens and T-wave, heck you could use swagger if you want to be annoying. It also has prankster sunny day which is pretty good in the meta right now. I propose this:
Klefki
UR->B (B+ once it comes out)
It even has pretty good defenses, nothing to scoff at.

Changes

We have voted on :klefki: Klefki and have decided on D tier for the following reasons
1. Grimmsnarl also provides dual screens but also has more reliable Speed Control in Scary Face
2. Grimmsnarl also provides more reliable offense in the form of Foul Play and a base 120 attack.
3. Grimmsnarl also provides Fake Tears, helping out Special Attackers like Primarina, Lapras, and Duraludon
4. The only thing Klefki has to separate itself from Grimmsnarl are Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and Imprison. Otherwise, Grimmsnarl is just better

We are also discussing Tsareena, Arcanine, Milotic, and Dracozolt

Changes

We have voted on :klefki: Klefki and have decided on D tier for the following reasons
1. Grimmsnarl also provides dual screens but also has more reliable Speed Control in Scary Face
2. Grimmsnarl also provides more reliable offense in the form of Foul Play and a base 120 attack.
3. Grimmsnarl also provides Fake Tears, helping out Special Attackers like Primarina, Lapras, and Duraludon
4. The only thing Klefki has to separate itself from Grimmsnarl are Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and Imprison. Otherwise, Grimmsnarl is just better

Fair, Klefki has better bulk and typing tho, so I would say not D tier, maybe C, C-.

Changes

Klefki could have been higher if terrain wars were more prevalent in Series 6. Having access to Prankster Misty Terrain as a way to reduce the damage output via Expanding Force a la Indeedee and friends. It's also worth noting that some variants of Rillaboom would have been outsped by Klefki, depending on the team. That already gives it one niche over Grimmsnarl. Plus, Misty Terrain reducing the damage from Max Wyrmwinds that Dragapult would use definitely is not to be entirely slept on. Of course, one of the main reasons you would run Misty Terrain is to stop status akin to what Safeguard would do but with added bonuses.

As it stands now, D rank is perfectly fine for Klefki. I personally hope to see Klefki usage go up and allow it to rise through the ranks but overall it just doesn't have enough merit to be higher than D rank.

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Due to some unforseen circumstances, there will be a restructuring of the Viability Rankings for Series 6. The council will be disbanded for now while we reassess for the future. This thread will remain open for now while we figure what will be the best solution for the VR (especially given that players cup is series 5, and series 6 is all but dead).

Porygon-Z: Tier 2 --> Tier 1
This thing is a menace, plain and simple. Adaptability on its own is amazing and having near-unresisted stab makes this Glitchy Bird a force to be reckoned with. It has a great offensive moveset with BoltBeam coverage, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, and 300 Base power Hyper Beam. It also has a decent support moveset, although Porygon-2 would have been better for it if it was unbanned. Recover, Ally Switch, TWave, Trick, TR, Swagger, Icy Wind, and many more. The sheer amount of untapped versatility is great.

Clefairy: Tier 2--> Tier 1
There's really only 1 reason this thing should be tier 1, but it's a good one: Unblocked redirection except for Stalwart. Spamming follow me with Clef has won me a LOT of games and something tells me that it's not just bad players being bad at the game. There aren't many fake out users in this format, and that lets Amoonguss and Clefairy run rampant. On top of Follow Me, it gets speed control in Icy wind and TWave, debuffs in fake tears and tickle, recovery in soft-boiled and life dew, and status moves in Toxic, Sing, and Swagger. Its bulk is nothing to be scoffed at either, due to eviolite. Clef has everything you really could want in a support mon.

Porygon-Z: Tier 2 --> Tier 1
This thing is a menace, plain and simple. Adaptability on its own is amazing and having near-unresisted stab makes this Glitchy Bird a force to be reckoned with. It has a great offensive moveset with BoltBeam coverage, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, and 300 Base power Hyper Beam. It also has a decent support moveset, although Porygon-2 would have been better for it if it was unbanned. Recover, Ally Switch, TWave, Trick, TR, Swagger, Icy Wind, and many more. The sheer amount of untapped versatility is great.

Clefairy: Tier 2--> Tier 1
There's really only 1 reason this thing should be tier 1, but it's a good one: Unblocked redirection except for Stalwart. Spamming follow me with Clef has won me a LOT of games and something tells me that it's not just bad players being bad at the game. There aren't many fake out users in this format, and that lets Amoonguss and Clefairy run rampant. On top of Follow Me, it gets speed control in Icy wind and TWave, debuffs in fake tears and tickle, recovery in soft-boiled and life dew, and status moves in Toxic, Sing, and Swagger. Its bulk is nothing to be scoffed at either, due to eviolite. Clef has everything you really could want in a support mon.
PZ should stay tier two. Anything that resist it will do well against it, AV Cobalion and others. But I agree on clefairy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)