VGC Apprentice Program - Round Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for not updating the schedule on this one, life has been incredibly hectic!

Welcome to the third VGC round of Battling 101. This round will run from the time pairings go up until October 10th. This is the last round until October regionals, so if you plan on attending one of those, be sure to sign-up! We have some of the best tutors VGC has to offer, so if you're looking to learn the ins and outs of doubles, sign up now!

Use the following form to sign up.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
Division: (Masters: born 1997 or earlier or Seniors: born 1998 or later)
Tell us a little about yourself:
It should look something like this when completed:

Username: Solace
Pokemon Online username: Solace
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4 PM - 10 PM
Division: Masters
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a junior in high school and I love Pokemon!
Please keep in mind you must have access to Pokemon Online in order to participate. It's the most efficient way to practice when being tutored!

Additionally, tutees and tutors are encourage to use #b202 on irc.synirc.net to meet with each other.

Username: Wiretap
Pokemon Online username:
Wiretap
EST 4PM-Whenever M-F, 12PM-Whenever on Weekends
Division:
Masters
I’m a freshman in college, so my hours are pretty flexible. I got into VGC in the ’12 season and took second in Florida (I’m convinced that was luck) and went 4-4 at nationals. I’m looking to increase my team building ability as well as learn a bit more about creating custom EV spreads so that I can make it back this year.

Username: WDFAmatt
Pokemon Online username: -NRFM-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 (DST) 4pm-11pm weekdays, 11am-11pm weekends
Division: Seniors
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a teenager from England and I've been playing pokes for over a year. I decided that I want to learn VGC as it seems really interesting although I have no experience in it at all, so I would like to be tutored. I am highly active so I won't have much difficulty in meeting up with my tutor.

USERNAME: OneActor
POKEMON ONLINE USERNAME: TheCapitolHG
TIMEZONE: UTC/GMT (-5 hours due to daylight saving time) - i live in texas...if that helps with timezone
HOURS OF AVAILABILITY: monday/wednesday - 9am-11am, 6pm-10pm
Tuesday/thursday - 6pm-11pm
Friday/saturday/sunday - depends on work schedule, which i will let my tutor know as soon as i have it (and i normally get it on wednesdays)
DIVISION: masters
ABOUT ME: im a freshman in college, and ive been playing pokemon ever since red/blue, but ive only recently been doing it competitvely. My first vgc was last year, and i didnt do too well hahaha. My regional happens in october (yikes!!!) so im looking for just some help to help me out and be the best like no one ever was. In addition to pokemon, i do theatre a lot, and i plan on becoming a theatre teacher. I also love harry potter, eragon, LotR, GAME OF THRONES, HUNGER GAMES. So yeah. Thats me :)
Im looking to increase my teambuilding and prediction ability

Username: Stijn
Pokemon Online username: Stijn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, in the weekends i can start 24 hours a day (that doen't mean i have the weekends off, it only means when i can start) 19:30-21:00 thursday and friday.
Division: Senior
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 14 year old Dutch boy who really wants to learn vgc because i am attempting the German vgc for the 3th time, and i was beaten so easily. I also like reading, GW2, fencing and i play trumpet.

Username: Golden Emp
Pokemon Online username: Waitaxa, Golden Emp, etc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6; Every day after 2:00pm, aprox
Tell us a little about yourself: I just started college, and I'm really happy with it :D
I'm a heavy smoker. I love to play guitar and to chat with people.
I'm not new to VGC, but the lasttime I played this format was early 2011, so I know nothing about '12. There's a VGC tourney coming soon (actually, the same day as your regionals!) and it appears to be official, so I want to train hard for it. I'm looking forward to this :)

Username: Die2Distroy
Pokemon Online username: D2D
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: BST: 9pm - 12pm Weekdays, Flexible Weekends and Mondays

I currently do Video Games Design Level 3 at College, I am currently on my 2nd Year of the course and am enjoying it thus far. A lot of Computer work involved but thats expected anyway, lol, some artwork involved aswell like Character Design, Level Design etc.

I have been playing Pokemon since 2003 when Ruby and Sapphire came out, I've played every game since then, I started playing competitive in 2009 when I knew I could advance my battling skills further, I started VGC in 2011, I lost in Round 3 back then and lost in Round 1 in 2012 :/ I know all my basics on Double Battles (especially since that was my favorite Battle Style when I was younger), plus I know why certain Pokemon were used in the VGC Tournaments (Especially 2012's now, lol).

What I mainly need help in is Team Building, making good EV Spreads which I'm bad at, I usually put 252/252 EV's on Each Pokemon before 2012's European Nationals, prediction and what Pokemon to pick during Matches. I just want to build something Unique that would be unexpected in the VGC Metagame, I only normally learn why something is good when I see it, I don't think of them, like I only heard of the Imprison Landorus + Volcarona Strategy because someone used, I didn't even think about that, even some of VGC 2012's Finalists have good Teams with Unique Strategies, maybe I'm just looking at only the basics of the Pokemon.

Plus I'm looking at taking part in GBU Tournaments now since I can get Buys(?), I've always wanted to go to Worlds! Not many of my Friends even like Pokemon, but I've still stuck by it, I just want to be somehow known for something I like.

Thanks Again!

Username: NidokingKing
Pokemon Online username: Pareidolia
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, between 4:30 and 5:30 and between 8:00 and 10:00 on weekdays and 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on the weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: The highest I've placed was in the Pleasonton 2012 VGC at 40th. I'm a Junior in High School and hate to get shown up if I can avoid it, but will accept the inevitable.

Username: Dietcoke101
Pokemon Online username: Dietcoke101/Lokos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST
PO Time: Friday 4:30pm-6pm Saturday 8am-10 4:30pm-6pm
Smogon/Online Time: Sunday-Friday 3:30pm-11pm Saturday All day
Division: Masters :| I'm a ''97
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old guy. I'm in grade 11 in high school. I skipped grade 1. I'm taking grade 12 math. I get really good grades. I really like Pokemon and have been playing since I was little but competetively only about 1 year. I have a game from at least every generation. I don't have BW2 yet? I really wanna learn good VGC so I can do well at VGCs. I was gonna go last year but wasn't allowed :(

I really wanna learn VGC I think it would be so great to actually do well in VGC's and actually go. I'm really very excited about VGCs this year. I'm kinda new to VGcs so I will need a whole run down.

Also I was skipped last round.

Username: Skitten
Timezone and Hours of Availability: Eastern timezone, available after noon hour and until 10pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; available on most Thursdays from 2:30pm until 10:00pm; Available on weekends until 10pm; and I'm also available anyday between midnight and 1 am. I hope that wasn't confusing. I'm really just trying to be flexible here. However sometimes I might not always be available during those times, such as if I have a midterm the following day. And of course I'll take any help I can get and will work to meet my tutor's schedule.
A Little Bit About Me: I'm a Canadian and I participated in VGC for the first time last July at nationals. It was honestly the most fun I've ever had. I did decently I suppose, but I would really like to come in the top 30% in the future. Due to the low amount of time I intend to enter a slightly altered version of my team from nationals in the fall regionals and a new one in nationals. I would sincerely appreciate help building that new team, advice about the metagame and my current team, and any other help I can get. If you want some non-pokemon related info about me: I'm an aivd reader and paticularly enjoy mystery novels. I also enjoy participating in dramatic arts and have a reputation for being a goody-two-shoes.

Username: Konekog
Pokemon Online username: konekog
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5 CDT 2pm-2am(can be later for right trainer) + anytime weekend
Tell us a little about yourself: I like anime, movies, video gaming, and occasionally sleep. I am interested in getting involved in competitive pokemon

Username: ILoveGarchomp
Pokemon Online username: ILoveGarchomp
Monday-Friday: UTC 1AM to 3AM
Weekends: anytime between UTC 10AM and 3AM
Tell us a little about yourself: I recently get engaged on the competitive play. I find it exciting!

Username: Psychic Will
Pokemon Online username:
Psychic Will 1
EST, I'm looking at a hectic schedule coming up, should be available Sat-Thurs after 9:00 PM, however I'll need to keep in contact with my tutor as that may change
Division:
Masters
I've adored the franchise since I was six and got my first pokemon in the form of a loveable little keychain pokeball. After something like 13 years of having "be the very best" drilled into my head, I can't help but want to become proficient with taking advantage of the intricacies of the official pokemon video game championship metagame. Despite years of playing pokemon, I still think of myself as a bit of a novice when it comes to competitive battle, and look forward to working with someone more experienced than myself to gain a working knowledge of this metagame. Of course, I'm hoping whoever I'm matched with won't mind the flood of questions I have. I also might need a bit of tech support, as I don't generally use IRC channels.

Username: Leahn Novash
Pokemon Online username:
Leahn Novash
GMT -3 8 PM - 11 PM (except thursdays)
Division:
Masters
I am from Brazil and I have been training Pokemon since the first generation, when it was released here. I really got into it on the second generation, and I used to be very good at stalling, but this strategy is now a big no-no on the 5th generation, so I am not taking a more offensive approach. There are (unconfirmed) rumours that Nintendo may make the Brazilian championship official because they did so with TCG last year, so I want to be ready for it if it happens. Also, I know very little of doubles.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dietcoke101 - Solace
Wiretap - Cybertron
Psychic Will - TheMantyke
OneActor - Human
Konekog - kingofkongs
Skitten - Maski
Nidokingking - R Inanimate
Leahn Novash - TalkingLion

Sorry to most of our European participants, I mainly focused on those who signed up in the US / Canada who have their regionals coming up. We'll be working on getting more European tutors in the future when your regionals are announced.

Remember to PM your tutors and pop by #b202!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)