VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
IMO, DDMence is a bad choice because of Salamence's common weaknesses to spread moves like Blizzard and Rock Slide. A Mixed Scarf set would work better with HP Flying, Draco Meteor, Rock Slide and Flamethrower. You probably want enough Attack to OHKO 4 HP Volcarona with double-target Rock Slide which I think is 36 Attack (idk which nature atm...)
I consider DDmence similar to Volcarona; I'm willing to take the gamble to use it with Dragon Dance to try something different (i normally use the Special Scarf variant). since that local tourney is 6 VS 6, i thought on using it as a mid-late game cleaner with Substitute + DD, but i'm still having trouble concerning the Teammates.
And btw, i think that the right nature for your suggested set may be Rash; and i'll try it too.

4th Gen moves are legal in VGC, correct? I want to use Dark Pulse on Heatran, and therefore have to catch one in Platinum, and I want to make sure I'm allowed to use it before going to the extra trouble of getting one.

Every move that the pokemon could learn via move tutor in other gens are perfectly legal. But keep in mind that 3rd Gen move tutor are harder to get since Emerald RNG is quite difficult and in XD and Colosseum the only way posible to get "usable" pokes are soft reset (helping hand Dusclops anyone?)

Every move that the pokemon could learn via move tutor in other gens are perfectly legal. But keep in mind that 3rd Gen move tutor are harder to get since Emerald RNG is quite difficult and in XD and Colosseum the only way posible to get "usable" pokes are soft reset (helping hand Dusclops anyone?)
Adding onto this, there are a select few that can RNG in XD> IIRC they're @Hozu, Zari and @Kaphotics to name a few.

Thank you for the quick and helpful response. I thought this was the case, but was a tad confused when I did not see Dark Pulse listed on Heatran's moveset in the Strategy Pokedex.

Yes, they are. But trying to find a legal one could be difficult since the huge majority of them are hacked, there are some legals on Smogon just ask around.
Your reply has me worried a bit
Yesterday I got through the GTS those two pokemons. The moves are legal (no egg moves) and are male, but I suspect they are hacked because they have perfect iv's. Pokecheck says that are completely legal. Everything looks good. Should I avoid using these pokemon? :confused:

Yesterday I got through the GTS those two pokemons. The moves are legal (no egg moves) and are male, but I suspect they are hacked because they have perfect iv's. Pokecheck says that are completely legal. Everything looks good. Should I avoid using these pokemon? :confused:
you can RNG them...

This is a common worry for us all. The perfect iV's is not a bad signal 'coz RNG is quite common these days, but keep in mind that being legal does not mean being legit. Only way to tell if is legit is to capture it yourself. In this case go with it to the Random matchup in the pokemon center if they allow it there they will allow it on VGC competitions

btw, if you would you please link the legality analysis page of those pokemons?

I've got a Tailwind team featuring Tailwind Staraptor, Imprison Smeargle (to stop Trick Room), Mixed Infernape, Dragon Gem Garchomp, CB Terrakion, and a Rotom-W. I'm struggling against rain teams pretty badly. Any advice on replacing one of my members? Rotom-W is not really doing his "rain-countering" job well, and the rest of the team is inclined to perform badly against water types (I'm looking at you Ludicolo and Kingdra). Oh, and I don't like to use legendaries because this is ingame and I can't RNG anything in BW2. Terrakion is the only exception.

Since the Dialga event is active, I will get it and RNG it. I have kind of quit using tiers and VGC is really all I care about. What nature would be best for Dialga in VGC. Sets in general would be helpful.

P.S. While I am at it, sets for Palkia and Giratina would also be nice if you have any.

I've got a Tailwind team featuring Tailwind Staraptor, Imprison Smeargle (to stop Trick Room), Mixed Infernape, Dragon Gem Garchomp, CB Terrakion, and a Rotom-W. I'm struggling against rain teams pretty badly. Any advice on replacing one of my members? Rotom-W is not really doing his "rain-countering" job well, and the rest of the team is inclined to perform badly against water types (I'm looking at you Ludicolo and Kingdra). Oh, and I don't like to use legendaries because this is ingame and I can't RNG anything in BW2. Terrakion is the only exception.
You're playing a format where you have 2 Pokemon on the field at a time (until the late stages of a match) and you only have one Pokemon that can comfortably take a strong Water attack so it's not surprising why Rotom-W isn't "countering" rain.

Imprison Smeargle isn't exactly a great way to stop TR since it has to stay on the field for it to work and it lacks bulk. Replacing it with Amoonguss should help with both your rain and TR problems. Water resist, good bulk, and the ability to threaten Politoed makes it a good anti-rain choice and the slow Spore will keep TR teams at bay. It won't single-handedly beat well-made rain or well-made TR teams but it should at least give you a chance.

Since the Dialga event is active, I will get it and RNG it. I have kind of quit using tiers and VGC is really all I care about. What nature would be best for Dialga in VGC. Sets in general would be helpful.

P.S. While I am at it, sets for Palkia and Giratina would also be nice if you have any.
Dialga is banned in VGC since 2010 until they reveal the rules for x/y

Even though you can't use it, most Dialgas in '10 used Modest or Quiet.

Is it a good choice to use Xatu in VGC? I need a utility pokemon in my party but i am afraid to use it.Because it looking weak except its wonderful ability Magic Guard.What you guys think?

Is it a good choice to use Xatu in VGC? I need a utility pokemon in my party but i am afraid to use it.Because it looking weak except its wonderful ability Magic Guard.What you guys think?
Back when Breloom was common, I tested it because it walled it + MB reflected Spores. Needless to say, it was terrible because of its stats and poor movepool...

Did they announce the locations for the all Autumn Regionals for VGC. I was happy when I saw Philly and then I realized it is only TCG.

Edit: Nvm I am a derp.

Just a random question. At what time does the masters division start? I want to go to the washington regional in the spring, but it's going to be extremely hard for me to get there if it starts at 8:00am for masters.

I am in desperate need of help. As usual, I waited for the last second to RNG my team. Well, now nothing is working and I am failing completely. If anyone can offer me these pokemon, I would greatly appreciate it. Btw, they don't need to be trained, evd, but they do need to be from the same evolutionary line.
Politoed
Quiet Flawless or 0 Atk Ivs
Kabutops
Adamant Flawless or 0 Atk Ivs
Amoonguss
Bold Flawless or 0 Atk Ivs
Tbh, I dont care if they are exact but as close as you can offer. In return, I will offer whatever I can but idk what I can offer atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)