Resource VGC: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

is a perish trap team viable in this meta now that restricted mega sweepers are now gone?

What are the best perish/shadow tag users remaining

The game itself has a permanent VGC ladder to play with now, if it helps.
The one thing I like about a forum or Facebook league is being able to discuss the battles.

I love the built in tournaments and rulesets for this gen, but it still leaves a lot for a player to struggle.

Years ago I battled on a forum, it has since been closed down, that had tournaments and a gym system. At one time I was one of the best on there, but I got to battle 24/7.

I also had a chance to discuss problems I had and with so many different battling styles, the feedback was amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I know all this forum does to help battlers and I think I just need more ingame battling.

How do I get started with this format? All the teams I build are trash af and I can't evn get past 1100. Is there somewhere to copy teams where I can tweak or something?

What are the best two natures possible for Celesteela? particularly if I wish to run more defensive sets.

Is SRing for a specific Hidden Power worthwhile?

What are the best two natures possible for Celesteela? particularly if I wish to run more defensive sets.

Is SRing for a specific Hidden Power worthwhile?
Depends on what you're running, TR wants sassy or relaxed. Defensive sets want bold or calm. And modest is used if you want a little punch on it.

If I want to run Leftovers in other member of my team, which item is good for a Gigalith? Is it worth going assault vest for the extra tankyness or is it better being able to wideguard/protect with him?

If I want to run Leftovers in other member of my team, which item is good for a Gigalith? Is it worth going assault vest for the extra tankyness or is it better being able to wideguard/protect with him?
His base Sp Def of 80 makes Assault Vest viable, but I'd go with a berry of sorts, like Sitrus or Lum, because Assault Vest cuts off your ability to use Stealth Rock.

His base Sp Def of 80 makes Assault Vest viable, but I'd go with a berry of sorts, like Sitrus or Lum, because Assault Vest cuts off your ability to use Stealth Rock.
I'm not using stealth rock, i Don't see it very useful on VGC. On the other hand, Wide Guard is much more useful in that regard, so prob gonna try with sitrus, thanks!

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
what is better? HP ICE or Ground For Tapu Koko?
Ice. You outspeed Garchomp and can OHKO most non-tankChomps easily. Ice also gives Koko something to hit enemy Tapu Bulu with.

Ground is only for Marowak-Alola, who isn't hit hard enough by it to care. Just run a Ground- or Water-type to pair with Koko.

FloristtheBudew

I'm just tired
Yeah don't use stealth rock in 4 v 4. That's just such a momentum kill. You gain so little for the cost of a moveslot. While you could be using a far more useful move.

Entry hazards are not viable in VGC.

does anyone have any tips for getting 0iv pokemon? Gotta get that trick room team ready
For capturing, find the minimum speed a pokemon can have with 0 IVs, if you wish it to have a nature that lowers speed, take that into your calculations as well. Then get a pokemon that outspeeds that by one point. If it's faster than it, reset, if it's slower, catch it.

For breeding, I suggest either spending time trying to catch a ditto with 0 IV in speed, or looking for someone that gives away dittos with varying IVs

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Is subpass a viable VGC strategy? Sorry new to VGC and just learning
baton pass in general is not very good in vgc

it's fairly obvious when a mon is about to baton pass, and then the opponent is free to just double into it the next turn

Oh, by the way is it legal to use a 3ds with a video capture board installed? There aren't any firmware changes, but it is modified.

Oh, by the way is it legal to use a 3ds with a video capture board installed? There aren't any firmware changes, but it is modified.
I wouldn't try it. From what i heard, that interferes with the IR that the game uses to challenge your opponent, meaning you could get DQ'd due to that. Assuming they let you do it in the first place.

What will be the main changes in the post Bank meta? Specifically I` d like to know if we will have more pokemon with access speed control moves (tailwind, icy wind, etc.)

What will be the main changes in the post Bank meta? Specifically I` d like to know if we will have more pokemon with access speed control moves (tailwind, icy wind, etc.)
Icy wind doesn't gain any viable users via egg moves, tailwind will add toucannon, mantine, and Oricorio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)