Resource VGC: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

I know that, I was wondering if there's anywhere on Smogon I can post it? I already know about the event but I'd like to use Smogon as a platform to promote the upcoming VGC MSS in Toronto for anyone on smogon who doesn't know about it.

The VGC board seems a little unclear. The discussion seems to be kept to the discussion tread and new threads aren't common. It was more a question to the mods blarajan if I can post the info in it's own thread or put it in VGC IRL.
I would try messaging the mods directly instead of posting about it here so they're more likely to see it. I'm not sure where you'd post about it on Smogon.

I know that, I was wondering if there's anywhere on Smogon I can post it? I already know about the event but I'd like to use Smogon as a platform to promote the upcoming VGC MSS in Toronto for anyone on smogon who doesn't know about it.

The VGC board seems a little unclear. The discussion seems to be kept to the discussion tread and new threads aren't common. It was more a question to the mods blarajan if I can post the info in it's own thread or put it in VGC IRL.
Both are fine

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
EV spreading for level 50 means I need to distribute evs in 3 or 5 stats to not prevent having 4 evs left over?

What are viable items for vikavolt and Arcanine? I was thinking iapapa berry and sitrus berry respectively, but I would like other ideas. I already have two z moves on the team.

What are viable items for vikavolt and Arcanine? I was thinking iapapa berry and sitrus berry respectively, but I would like other ideas. I already have two z moves on the team.
Those two items both work well on the respective 'mons. The question you should be asking yourself is whether or not it fits well given the context of the rest of your team. Other items you can consider for the two include but are not limited to: Assault Vest, Choice Specs (I'm not sure about this one), Sitrus Berry (instead of having it on Arcanine), and Life Orb on Vikavolt; other 50% berries like Aguav Berry, Life Orb (eh), Safety Goggles (in most cases I wouldn't recommend it, but it makes facing Torkoal/Lilligant teams easier if you find yourself having trouble with it) on Arcanine. Firium Z could work on Arcanine, though you already have two Z-moves on the team so it's probably not optimal to run three it can still be something to think about if you're working on your team and find that the other Z-moves aren't a great fit or something.

Does anybody know if Joohwan Kim has released is sets from Athens yet?
I don't believe so. Here is what I know/think he is running. (Thanks to Pyritie for the Bulu, Lilligant and Torkoal movesets).

Lilligant (F) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Protect

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
- Bulldoze
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
- Nature's Madness

Gyarados @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall*
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb*
Ability: Psychic Surge
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Protect

Nihilego @ Expert Belt
Ability: Beast Boost
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Power Gem
- Protect

I basically can't say anything for sure about Lele considering I haven't seen him use it. According to an article on thegamehaus.com, he didn't run After You Lilligant or Eruption Torkoal. I know he used Heat Rock on Torkoal and Expert Belt Nihilego, which makes me presume he used LO Lele. Gyarados was certainly groundium Z and Bulu was definitely scarfed. Everything else we have to make presumptions about at this point. Definitely some weird sets but cool innovations :)

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Lilligant (F) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Protect

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
- Bulldoze
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
- Nature's Madness
fixed a few for you

Is Mimikyu completely unviable outside of being a Trick Room setter? Every single VGC moveset assumes it'll be used to set Trick Room, so I assume that's the case.

Is Mimikyu completely unviable outside of being a Trick Room setter? Every single VGC moveset assumes it'll be used to set Trick Room, so I assume that's the case.
It's not that other sets are unviable, it's more the fact that Mimikyu is one of the only truly viable Trick Room setters and its ability helps it very much in setting up trick room. Really it doesn't have more valuable options for that moveslot, since even the ability to reverse opposing can be very valuable. For most other roles that it could fill there is a better option available.

I usually play 6v6 with friends even on doubles so there tends to be hazards.
If you are just playing 6v6 with friends, you don't have to play by VCG rules (If you wanted to play by VCG Rules, it is 4v4 anyways).

It is possible to get by teaching it in DPP with the HM, but then you would have to bring it all the way to Gen 7, and likely have to do some Hyper Training/Ability Capsule to make it viable. Personally, I don't think its worth the effort.

If you are just playing 6v6 with friends, you don't have to play by VCG rules (If you wanted to play by VCG Rules, it is 4v4 anyways).

It is possible to get by teaching it in DPP with the HM, but then you would have to bring it all the way to Gen 7, and likely have to do some Hyper Training/Ability Capsule to make it viable. Personally, I don't think its worth the effort.
I know we don't have to, we just go by the same rules but 6v6 instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)