Project VGC Next Best Thing - Week 8 (won by Helios of sun)

Bulky Regenerator Pivot
Mienshao @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 50
EVs: 228 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 60 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat / Low Sweep
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- U-turn

When Mienshao got announced I immediately wanted to play with a pivoting Mienshao. It get access to both U-turn and Regenerator, and since Mienshao is already naturally fast and damage wasn't my main priority, I decided to settle with that idea. Close Combat due to its Def and SpD drops can be replaced for Low Sweep. Knock Off, paired with its Speed makes it one point higher then Timid Xerneas, being able then to consistently remove its Power Herb. Fake Out because, well, Fake Out and U-turn for the pivoting. Its bulk maximizes Regenerator recovery and allows it to survive Choice Specs Regieleki's Thunderbolt.

Hi Vgc Here’s My Meinshao Set :)

1628640870745.png
1628640947057.png
1628640811767.png
1628640953786.png
1628640870745.png
Weather Weasel

Mienshao @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day / Rain Dance
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard / Feint
- Close Combat

This Meinshao Set is pretty Obvious in what it does, It Supports the Weather Gods (Mainly Don and Kyo) By Setting there Prefered Weathers and Protecting the Titans from Rilla. Feint also helps to open up gaps against Wide Gaurd Users, this makes using Choice Items on the Titans easier (Minus Scarf). Enjoy !

Fast Taunt Lead
Mienshao @ Safety Goggles
Ability : Inner Focus
EVs: 116 HP / 172 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- U-Turn / Knock Off
- Taunt

Mienshao is a fun pokemon and its move pool is huge accessing a variety of different sets. I thought of a fast offensive lead that disrupts Xerneas+Volcrona. The set is also able to ohko Incineroar with Close Combat. U-Turn is for easily getting out of tight situations while racking up decent damage on Rillaboom. Taunt can prevent Trick Room from going up and disable Indeedee-F from using any status moves. Knock Off can disturb the aforementioned Xerneas and possibly scout out a damage modifier item from Landorus-I, Rillaboom, Kyogre, etc.

:ss/mienshao::mental herb:
Mienshao @ Mental Herb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

submitting sub dance pass mienshao

yes i am drunk

Mienshao almost always runs fake out which usually pressures the target to protect in order to avoid an attack from the ally. Most Mienshao will run feint to punish protect, but I opted to run substitute with baton pass to support teammates hitting on the physical side. Mienshao's high speed, fake out pressure and immunity to opposing fake out give it plenty of oppurtunities to set up a substitute, especially in lead situations where it risks fake out into either pokemon. Once it sets up a substitute, it can pass its sub to another pokemon, making that pokemon immune to intimidate and fake out as well as protecting it from the next attack it takes. However, it also has the option of going for swords dance, which can allow it to either launch +2 stab close combats wherever it so pleases, or pass the boost alongside a potential substitute to a teammate like Zacian-Crowned or av entei which can easily snowball games. This set appreciates strong teammates or teammates that can lower speed as it can force the opponent to choose 1 pokemon to target while letting the other do its thing.

Close combat lets it keep its role of making incineroar cry and gives it a strong stab option to click if passing is not favourable. Mental herb stops encore and taunt from ruining the fun. 4 evs in hp over spdef gives mienshao an extra substitute.

t̶̢͖̐ḥ̴̦͌i̸͎͆ś̶̖ ̶̗̄i̵̛̠s̴̮̟͌ ̴̦̋̉ä̸̼̮́̈ ̵̩̖͛c̸̰͋̆͜r̵̫͛͘ͅy̷̲͖͒͆ ̵̢̿́f̸̈́͜ǒ̷̝̝r̶̝͒ ̷̨̳̂̀h̴̜̳̅ȇ̵͚̎l̶͎͋ṗ̸̯

Last edited:

Giokio

#1 Nia simp
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to Evelyie for winning week 6 of NBT with her Bulky Pivot set!
And now comes a roar in the middle of the storm, a guardian Spirit seeking revenge for its fallen usage… Week 7 will feature Landorus-T

F2768413-DEB3-4E66-956E-A725C6568070.png

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earth Power
- Earthquake

You have until August 25 23:59 pm gmt+2 to submit your set! Have fun with our favorite Tiger

:bw/Landorus-therian:
Imprison Landorus-Therian
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Protect
- Imprison

Imprison Landorus-T can shut down 2 very important moves in the format in U-turn and Protect. It can shut down U-turn from the likes of Rillaboom, Assault Vest Incineroar, Tsareena, and itself. Shutting down Protect can make offensive teammates such as Zacian-c, Groudon, and Nihilego even more fearsome. The speed EVs get past Jolly Incineroar, which I have seen...

Last edited:
Red Card+Endure
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Red Card
EVs: 212 HP / 20 Atk / 12 Def / 68 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Tomb
- Endure
- U-turn

Landorus-T doesn't have a lot going for it, but I made an idea of what it could do. The idea is simple, Endure allows Landorus-Therian to live on 1 hp from pokemon that would ohko it. Next the Red Card kicks in so, the attacking pokemon gets swapped out of the field. I had an idea like this but never had the time to use it. Rock Tomb offers great speed control to extent where you can out speed Zacian-Crowned and use Earth Power to do solid damage onto it. U-Turn allows Landorus-Therian to pivot from situations that can't be solved at the moment.

Choice Scarf / Scary Face
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn
- Scary Face

I started this set off with an idea of Scary Face Landorus-T. I gotta say, missing a single-target physical Ground-type move really hurts it. Anyway, with that set, I needed to put Choice Scarf to outspeed the likes of Zacian-C and Calyrex-S (the spread outspeeds Calyrex-S by one point with the Choice Scarf). The rest I dumped into SpA so I wasn't too passive and then I just put everything in HP.

Last edited:

Sole Survivor

Sepia-toned memories
is a Pre-Contributor
Choice Scarf + Leer
Pangea (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Leer
- Psychic
- Scary Face

I got inspiration from this set after going through Landorus' movepool for a while and I hit upon Leer. This move lowers the Defense stat of both opposing targets and combined with the Choice Scarf, Landorus has one of the fastest Leers in the game. Now though Leer may seem gimmicky, it gives huge snowball potential to strong physical attackers like Urshifu-RS, Entei and of course, Zacian-C. The lowered Defense stats mean that the Pokemon can crit and do even more damage than usual capitalising off said Defense drops, hit extremely hard and potentially score a burn and possibly finish the target off with priority Extreme Speed or just use their already monstrous Attack to power through the opposition, respectively.

Further, Landorus-T can provide Speed control via Scary Face allowing its partners to get some breathing room to attack the opposition before they do and potentially pick up crucial KOs. As much as it pains me to drop U-turn, I decided to go Psychic since Sludge Bomb is taken on another set and then my moveset would look exactly the same as theirs. Psychic hits Urshifu-R for a good amount of damage. Lastly, Earth Power is used over Earthquake on this set because of the ubiquitous Incineroar's Intimidate and the Grassy Terrain provided by Rillaboom which significantly reduce the damage of Earthquake.

The Speed EVs allow Landorus to outspeed max Speed Timid Calyrex-Shadow, effectively making it the fastest Pokemon in the game bar other Choice Scarf users since Regieleki literally cannot touch Landorus with the moveset it uses, all comprising of Electric-type moves. Landorus has max Special Attack investment to maximise damage from Earth Power and Psychic and the rest of the EVs are put in its overall bulk.

Last edited:

Giokio

#1 Nia simp
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Choice Scarf + Leer
Pangea (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Leer
- U-turn
- Scary Face

I got inspiration from this set after going through Landorus' movepool for a while and I hit upon Leer. This move lowers the Defense stat of both opposing targets and combined with the Choice Scarf, Landorus has one of the fastest Leers in the game. Now though Leer may seem gimmicky, it gives huge snowball potential to strong physical attackers like Urshifu-RS, Entei and of course, Zacian-C. The lowered Defense stats mean that the Pokemon can crit and do even more damage than usual capitalising off said Defense drops, hit extremely hard and potentially score a burn and possibly finish the target off with priority Extreme Speed or just use their already monstrous Attack to power through the opposition, respectively.

Further, Landorus-T can provide Speed control via Scary Face allowing its partners to get some breathing room to attack the opposition before they do and potentially pick up crucial KOs. U-turn helps Landorus pivot out of unfavorable matchups and Earth Power is used over Earthquake on this set because of the ubiquitous Incineroar's Intimidate and the Grassy Terrain provided by Rillaboom which significantly reduce the damage of Earthquake.

The Speed EVs allow Landorus to outspeed max Speed Timid Calyrex-Shadow, effectively making it the fastest Pokemon in the game bar other Choice Scarf users since Regieleki literally cannot touch Landorus with the moveset it uses, all comprising of Electric-type moves. It has max Special Attack investment to maximise damage from Earth Power and the rest of the EVs are put in its overall bulk.
This is too similar to Evelyie ’s set, please change it a bit or you will be disqualified

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)