Resource VGC Team Bazaar

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Hello and welcome to the VGC Team Bazaar! This is a more casual team-sharing environment than the RMT subforum. However, we will have some rules that will apply:
  • Make sure your team has been tested!​
  • Be sure to include a pokepaste and a description on how your team works.​
What is the purpose of this thread?
As stated above, this thread is meant to be a place where anyone can post a team they want to share with everyone without having to write a full RMT. This is not a place to dump your entire builder, but a place to showcase teams you think represent your best work or an innovative strategy. Additionally, this can be a place for discussion about teambuilding trends or ideas.

That is it! Now happy posting everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://pokepast.es/777ef4b648f98cdc
Rental: 0000 0004 0WPY MN
This is a trick room team using choice specs kyogre in a different way than the usual.

https://pokepast.es/7b9b87b78e799e18
Rental:0000 0004 Y6KX 9B
This is my xerneas team, featuring a few interesting takes like 3 attacks + wide guard expert belt celesteela and dragon dance + 3 attacks salamence!
so obviously these are very nutty teams, if you have any questions feel free to pm me on discord at GalaxianGod#4314, i try to keep up with my teams on ladder often, and know a bunch of my teams and try to stay invested in most of them!

Power Herb Meteor Beam *Lunala-Dawn-Wings + Dragapult support

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Power Herb
Ability: Prism Armor
Level: 50
EVs: 140 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpA / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Meteor Beam
- Moongeist Beam
- Protect
- Psyshock

Dragapult @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 244 HP / 36 Def / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Breaking Swipe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Light Screen
- Sucker Punch

Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 20 HP / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 12 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electroweb
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Electro Ball

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 68 Def / 180 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Parting Shot
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out
- Snarl

Rillaboom-Gmax @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 92 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Wood Hammer
- High Horsepower

Stakataka @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Gyro Ball
- Body Press
- Trick Room
Code: 0000 0001 KL6F R3

Series 8 team I tried to build with Necrozma-Dawn-Wings!
Its main purpose is to set up Dawn-Wings using Power Herb Meteor Beam with all the support possible. It is also the primary role of Dragapult; using Will-O-Wisp and Light Screen to have a better chance against strong hitting opponents.

I spent most of my time testing this team on cartridge and didn't quite make it to the top but I still wanted to share it because of the potential it has. I consider it as an alternate version of a real Necrozma-Dawn-Wings build.

• Most of the time Dawn-Wings and Dragapult lead is preferable and it forms an anti Fake out core primarily when facing an Incineroar that Dawn-Wings can use to set up with.
  • Dragapult can also help setup the Rillaboom + Grassy Seed Stakataka core when Dawn-Wings isn't much needed.
  • Dawn-Wings can use frail opponents (primarily having Focus Sash) as a setup fodder in most situations (e.g. with Incineroar's Fake Out).

https://pokepast.es/777ef4b648f98cdc
Rental: 0000 0004 0WPY MN
This is a trick room team using choice specs kyogre in a different way than the usual.

Update: On this team, I've replaced Incineroar with Jellicent to help with setting TR up against Kyogre teams, and new rental and paste reflect this.
https://pokepast.es/15dc7ac3b6c17978
0000 0005 XGFR ML

https://pokepast.es/7b9b87b78e799e18
Rental:0000 0004 Y6KX 9B
This is my xerneas team, featuring a few interesting takes like 3 attacks + wide guard expert belt celesteela and dragon dance + 3 attacks salamence!
so obviously these are very nutty teams, if you have any questions feel free to pm me on discord at GalaxianGod#4314, i try to keep up with my teams on ladder often, and know a bunch of my teams and try to stay invested in most of them!

While I enjoy cooking up heat, this one is a little less heat and a bit more neat.

:porygon-z: :clefairy: :calyrex-ice: :heatran: :gyarados: :rillaboom:

Calyrex-Ice is an absolutely fantastic Pokémon. Glacial Lance is an incredibly powerful and consistent move, and its ability to clean up late feels exceptional. In my pursuit of enabling it, I examined quite a few different team compositions for it. Cal-Ice Sun was a fun one. However, sun is an incredibly common archetype at the moment, and while the strength it offers is notable, most players have an excellent answer for it. So I looked elsewhere for a good early game puncher that still had utility.

A large amount of teams, as I came to find out, have little, if any Porygon-Z matchup. It was able to offer the hole punching capability I wanted, while being able to provide utility and set up the board for Calyrex in the back. I then added Clefairy, as Clef's Friend Guard and general utility enables both Porygon and Calyrex immensely. From there, the team fell together based on what I needed to help enable those two, as well as provide general consistency and team answers. What ultimately formed is a consistent, and in my opinion, rather cool team.

The team is admittedly not without its downsides. Despite having options to deal with Dialga, the opposing Dialga matchup can still be rough, and comes down to skill. For example, my scramble set versus Nightfront, while a win, was still an incredibly uphill climb in part because of how excellent Dialga was against my team. In addition, the Calyrex shadow matchup can be wobbly, and requires smart playing. These are things that I am currently working on patching up. Regardless, I enjoy using this team, and I hope you do as well.

Clefairy, while not traditionally sashed, is sashed on this team, as it is the only way for clefairy to live both Zacian and Dialga at the same time ev wise. Given this compromise for sash, it allows me to invest in enough speed to outspeed a nice chunk of Incineroar and Grimmsnarl. While the speed is not essential, it has proved handy for some decent Moonblast chunks.

Last edited:
:calyrex-shadow: :Crobat: :Mienshao: :Tapu Lele: :Rillaboom: :Incineroar:
https://pokepast.es/7809ba3cad2285da

Mienshao Calyrex-Shadow was something proven strong in series 8 and in series 10 I think it will be even better thanks to Wide Guard, Fake Out, and feint all being more valuble. Fighting + Ghost is really good offensively and Mienshao destroys some threats to Calyrex like Urshifu-S and Incineroar. Calyrex-Shadow has Shadow Ball as to not be useless vs Wide Guard. Crobat is able to provide speed control and a Xerneas check at the same time. Rillaboom checks Kyogre and is generally a great Pokemon with its priority Grassy Glide and Fake Out. Incineroar is Incineroar lol. I chose AV with Snarl to check Calyrex-S really well. Tapu Lele can stop pesky Priority with its psychic Terrain and checks Urshifu offensively with Choice Scarf .

I doubt I will be playing Series 10 on cart due to declining interest Pokemon thanks to SwSh, but I managed to win a room tour with this team, so it can't be that bad.

https://pokepast.es/bf205ad35e4fcafd

Notes:

-Nasty Plot turns Calyrex-Shadow into a terrifying sweeper to punish protects and switches. Focus Sash ensures you can take a hit at full when setting up.
-Wide Guard gives Regigias a niche outside of Neutralizing Gas.
- Support Thundurus-T is used because of its abillity to use Electroweb without worrying about Regieleki and access to Taunt. Max Speed allows you to outspeed Urshifu and Palkia and Electroweb them.
-Entei compresses a Xerneas, Zacian, Sun, Incineroar and Rillaboom check in one slot, especially thanks to Inner Focus.

Replays: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1369118763

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1369117447

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1369114604

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1369111536

Sole Survivor

Sepia-toned memories
is a Pre-Contributor
Active Mode

https://pokepast.es/a120346018ad1235

Hey guys, after thorough testing and improvements for the past two weeks or so, I have come up with what I feel is the best Xerneas team against the current meta. On the day Series 10 was announced, Kunal won the second s10 room tour ever with a Xerneas team. This got me really hyped because if you know anything about me, you know I love Xerneas. I started with their earliest iteration of Xerneas-Volcarona-Incineroar-Rillaboom-Regieleki-Urshifu. I went with Single Strike Urshifu over Rapid Strike however because I wanted to have a more favorable matchup vs Calyrex-Shadow as my best option to slow it down was Snarl Incineroar. Since then, I've played 32 bo3's and 75+ ladder games accounting for both the Legacy VGC server games and the Series 10 ladder on PS!. One thing I've understood about Xerneas after all that madness is that Dual Fake Out + Redirection + Priority makes it extremely difficult to handle, much harder than one would imagine. Another thing is that one has to deny absolutely every Substitute attempt possible by an opposing Zacian-C player. The matchup still is in the Xerneas player's favor however but getting as much damage on Zacian as possible is generally more appreciated as Zacian gets a lot less room that way since Volcarona pressures it with a burn every turn because of a potential Rage Powder. I have experimented and improved the movesets, items and even EVs of every Pokemon on this team.

Xerneas first of all is EV'd to outspeed Calyrex-Shadow when I'm at +1 (since most players tend to Electroweb before Geomancy so the plan is to set up Geo and Protect and Switch to Rillaboom next turn and get a KO on Eleki before it Electrowebs a second time) and the rest is put into its attacking power and bulk.

Volcarona is Xerneas' bestie (hence the female gender :3) as she redirects things like Behemoth Blades so Xerneas can get some breathing room and set up Geomancy, and, unlike many other Volcarona, is a max Speed Timid one to outspeed Timid max Speed Xerneas so I can get a Struggle Bug as it Geomancies and a Parting Shot from Incineroar guarantees a neutral Xerneas on the opposing end with the Safety Goggles unless they Protect which would still be fine. It can also potentially Burn Zacian if it uses Behemoth Blade into a Rage Powder so it pressures Zacian heavily.

Incineroar is Incineroar. On this team, it was originally Figy Berry but after seeing the rise of VenuDon which this team had no matchup against, I reluctantly gave up Snarl for Taunt and gave it a pair of Safety Goggles. This made me a tad weaker to Calyrex-Shadow but I explain later how it can be beaten almost guaranteed.

Rillaboom helps a bunch as it is an extremely strong user of priority and demands respect both in Team Preview and in the actual game and is very effective against TornOgre teams even with Tsareena on them as it can pivot out early-game and be coupled with Eleki for immediate Speed Control or just raw Offense against an opposing Kyogre, forcing it to switch which gives us huge momentum. All we need to do is get that one piece from their team which is called Tornadus as Sash Eleki stays safe and pivots out just like Rillaboom does or it can take a risk of Tornadus being Wacan berry but just Volt Switching out is generally safer. It also guaranteed 2HKO's bulkless Calyrex-Shadow and is a guaranteed OHKO on it if paired with Eleki's TBolt. Eleki and Rilla are extremely strong and have a tremendous amount of unexpected synergy. Eleki was originally holding a Magnet but I changed it to Focus Sash once I realised how key it would be in TornOgre-Tsareena matchups.

Landorus is the piece needed to beat the nightmare known as Stakataka and fellow Steels that wall and threaten Xerneas. It also helps in the VenuDon by having Psychic and being immune to Groudon's main move, i.e, Precipice Blades. It was originally Scarfed to outspeed and surprise OHKO Zacian-C even if it had max HP and 124 SpD EVs or more, however this usually didn't come into play so I changed it to Life Orb for an extra 69% (lol nice) of power on my moves when taken with Sheer Force. It also had Rock Slide to OHKO Volcarona but it never came into play either so I replaced it for Protect. As an addition, my Rillaboom and Incineroar have 12 Spe EVs each so I can win the speed ties and get my Fake Out first.

I have thus patched up all the weaknesses I have seen so far in relation the current meta and to solidify the claim I'm going 33-10 on the ladder counting the previous iterations, peaking at a 1463 rating so far. Feel free to give the team a try if you like Xerneas or just want to experience the thrill of clicking Fake Out-Geomancy or Rage Powder-Geomancy! Thanks a lot for reading and I hope you enjoyed :)

Last edited:
Regigigas.png
Weezing.png
GmaxVenusaur.png
Torkoal.png
Zacian.png
Tapu Fini.png

A team I built around the core of Regigigas + Weezing with Zacian for series 8. The idea came from a video posted by MoxieBoosted right before the beginning of the season, where he suggested the idea of running a Regigigas + Weezing core with Zacian. His reason being is that it basically granted the team 2 restricted Pokémon for the price of 1 due to Regigigas' stats and Neutralizing Gas from Weezing enabling it's fantastic wallbreaking capabilities, which is then combined with Zacian's phenomenal late game cleaning potential. This trait of Zacian goes like bread and butter with a Regigigas' team playstyle, which is to Dynamax Regigigas on turn 1 of the game to put a big hole on the opposing team so that a fast and strong Pokémon in the back can come in and clean up in the late game. The fact that Zacian itself can't Dynamax further leans into this playstyle and makes it perfect for this role. I decided that the best way to complement these 3 Pokémon was the by this time classic sun core of Gmax Venusaur + Torkoal which has been running rampant in the SWSH VGC metagame for a long time. Gmax Vine Lash is a phenomenal tool to have acces to, as it causes residual damage to opposing non grass-type Pokémon for 4 turns (1/6 of their max HP), which is an amazing effect that pairs up really well with Zacian, as the damage racks up to further weaken the opposing team. Meanwhile, Torkoal is a Pokémon that I personally did not expect much from initially. I thought it would end up fullfilling a similar role to Weezing, in that it just exists on the team to support their main Dynamax partner and not much else, but I'm so glad I was wrong. Torkoal has always been a favourite of mine, and I couldn't be happier with how effective it has been at doing the things I wanted it to do. I opted for a physically defensive set as opposed to the more common offensive variant since I felt that fitting Trick Room into the team was a pretty big problem with Zacian being my main late game option and Dynamax being expended in the early game on Regigigas/Venusaur, as well as the fact that space was getting tight for me to put in more stuff on the team, so I wanted Torkoal to be as bulky as possible to stick around but at the same time, I had to find a way to give it offensive capabilities so as to not have another passive member on the team in addition to Weezing. Burning Jealousy + Body Press + Iron Defense is an amazing combination that gave me exactly what I needed. Burning Jealousy is a great tool to punish opponents who Dynamax recklessly, and the burn damage greatly supports your Gmax Vine Lash gameplan. Meanwhile, Body Press + Iron Defense allows Torkoal to apply offensive pressure while being very bulky, preventing it from being passive. This way, Torkoal can play both an offensive role and a support oriented role (mainly) for Venusaur at the same time without losing bulk. With the addition of the sun core, the team now had 2 modes: a sun mode, which deals mainly with rain and steel types and it's actually more flexible when it comes to leads, and a "yolo mode" which basically takes care of everything else but it's much more linear as a tradeoff. Both these modes support Zacian very well, heavily denting common Pokémon that give it trouble making it's job much easier. They also share a few checks between them, which forces the opponent to have those members on their team take damage to fend of Regigigas/Venusaur, leaving them exposed to Zacian in the late game. Tapu Fini was the last member I added to the team. I really wanted to complete a Fire-Water-Grass core with Venusaur and Torkoal, and I also felt that the team would greatly benefit from Misty Terrain to stop status (most importantly paralysis and burns), as well as a great and reliable bulky pivot that can come in when needed. I decided to give Tapu Fini Calm Mind to prevent it from being too passive following my mindset with Torkoal.

https://pokepast.es/201682b8f16d097a

- Regigigas can run Darkest Lariat over Ice Punch for Calyrex Shadow Rider, but loses it's strongest option versus ground-types like Groudon and Landorus-Therian. Protect has proven to be useful, but due to the hyper offensive nature of Regigigas, it might not be a bad idea to replace it with another coverage move. The aforementioned Darkest Lariat is your main option, while you have other useful options like Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Drain Punch, Iron Head and Rock Slide.
- Weezing's spread maximizes it's bulk to stick around longer, just like Torkoal. Shuca Berry helps it whistand a ground-type move. Focus Sash felt unreliable with Regigigas having acces to Max Hailstorm. If you opt to not run Ice Punch or Rock Slide, you can change the Shuca Berry into a Focus Sash if you feel more comfortable with it.
- Venusaur has a few additional options. It can run Leaf Storm over Frenzy Plant if the late game is of concern. Solarbeam and Energy Ball are more consistent options but lack power and the former relies on sun to be used viably when Venusaur isn't maxed. Due to the prevalence of Misty/Electric Terrain and Safety Goggles, Growth or Protect can be used over Sleep Powder. Weather Ball gives Venusaur fire-type coverage under the sun for Pokémon like Celesteela and Kartana but loses the ability to breakthrough Incineroar and other common fire-types if used over Earth Power. It's Ev spread can be changed to 252 SpA / 44 SpD / 212 Spe with a timid nature to outspeed max speed Regieleki in sun. The item slot is also flexible to a certain extent. If Weezing is not running the Focus Sash, it can be given to Venusaur. Other berries like the Yache or Payapa can be used, but the Coba Berry is definately the best as Max Airstream is extremelly common. Finally Wide Lens gives your Sleep Powder (and Leaf Storm if you have it) more accuracy.
- Torkoal has the Heat Rock to enable Venusaur as long as possible. A Figy or Sitrus Berry can be used to give it more longevity if you feel the extra sun turns are not needed. It's physical bulk is maximized as it takes hits incredibly well, and it gives Torkoal a really strong Body Press. I don't recommend a specially defensive set as it's bulk is much more lackluster. I rather spend all bulk on the physical side where I know it can take hits as opposed to the special side which is pretty frail, on top of the fact that being so slow means that you usually have to take a hit before you're able to set up with Iron Defense. If you want a more support oriented Torkoal, Yawn is a fantastic move you can run in place of Iron Defense. If you somehow manage to make room for a Trick Room setter like Porygon2 (if you feel Tapu Fini is not that necessary for example), you can change the set to the more standard 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD with a quiet nature with the moves Eruption/Heat Wave/Earth Power/Protect and a Charcoal as your item at the cost of bulk and your support options.
- Zacian can run Close Combat over Sacred Sword for a stronger fighting-type option, but Sacred Sword can breakthrough defense boosts in exchange for the weaker damage output in other situations and not dropping it's bulk. It has enough speed to outspeed max speed base 130 Pokémon like Tapu Koko. If faster Pokémon like Dragapult and Zeraora are of concern, investing more into speed to outspeed them is an option, but at the cost of bulk which can prove to be significant.
- Fini has acces to great support moves in Taunt and Nature's Madness. Both moves improve your matchups vs bulkier teams, as well as Trick Room, and offer great utility in general. Definately keep them in mind if you find that the current Calm Mind set feels lackluster/uncomfortable.
- Fini's and Zacian's Ev spread can be optimized, especially Fini's.
- The sun mode on this team is quite flexible. Since Zacian is so naturally strong and fast, it can be used in the early game to break the opposing team down and go for a late game sweep with Gmax Venusaur under the sun. On the other hand, both of them can be on the field at the same time for the highest early game pressure possible, but this may leave the team out of steam for the late game.

Last edited:
:yveltal: :shedinja: :nihilego: :rillaboom: :incineroar: :regieleki:
https://pokepast.es/3dc033a9f7c08e82

Hey guys, I've been making some s10 teams for a while and I thought of an idea that could make Yveltal function in this current metagame. I got this team idea from AV Yveltal in s10, but instead I thought the idea wasn't that effective which I thought Tailwind could offer much more and do basically the same thing. Black Glasses would extend the power of Foul Play which through my experience does over 70% to standard Zacian-Crowned. Tailwind allows Nihilego to out speed Xerneas with a Geomancy boost. Snarl just weakens Kyogre and Calyrex-S which especially because of the 4x weakness in addition to the SpA drop.

Shedinja is an interesting pokemon to test out because it works with really any restricted because of its ability Wonder Guard which is immune to non super-effective moves. Will-o-wisp makes Shedinja to annoy physical attackers like Groudon, Calyrex-I, and Zacian-C. Ally Switch puts a lot of offensive pressure due to the affect.

Nihilego is to check Xerneas because I was looking for a faster pokemon which could beat Xerneas and Nihilego happens to be the answer. Incineroar walls non offensive Yveltals too, so Nihilego can counter Incineroar if there are no problems on the field.

Since I "slapped on" this last three pokemon I am going to just put all in the same area. Rillaboom allows me to get Tailwind up safely with rare problems. Kyogre is also a problem which could get handled. U-turn is on Rillaboom to beat recycle Grassy Terrain and to beat opposing Rillabooms. Incineroar is for a good Intimidate user with good utility which can disrupt the enemy team. Safety Goggles+Taunt which can beat amoongus who is in a lower speed tier. Regieleki was just a decision for a strong special attacker because I chose am using the bulky Magnet variant which dishes out great damage while surviving things like Rillaboom's Miracle Seed boosted Grassy Glide and Incineroar's Flare Blitz.
game 1
game 2
The team has effective matchups across the board and does a good job doing what needs to be done, and that's all for guys I hope you guys enjoy the team :D

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/179c995b89eb6b1c
An escavalier/palkia trick room team, because choice band escavalier is the funniest thing to ever exist.
Escavalier, palkia, and amoonguss form the core of the team. They cover each others weaknesses incredibly well and are in effect a self-sustaining win condition. Escavalier in trick room murders everything on the planet bar fire types, palkia does nuclear damage, sets trick room, and removes fire types, and amoonguss spams spore, rage powder, and pollen puff to keep everything going. Palkia can just sit in front of kyogre rain teams, and escavalier just murders zacian and xerneas teams.

Everything else patches up weaknesses in it. Landorus makes an easier matchup vs ho-oh, volcarona, and regieleki and provides a backup plan in the case of safety goggles taunt incineroar. The ev's survive zacian's +1 behemoth blade, rillaboom's wood hammer, and outspeeds 252+ urshifu. Even with no special attack investment it still does quite the healthy amount of damage. Incineroar is brought in case of calyrex/indeedee, but otherwise I find him too passive to use in the limited turns of trick room. Urshifu was brought in as, in theory, another switch in to fire attacks, but in practice I don't bring him much as I find landorus more useful.

The biggest flaw with this one is safety goggles taunt incineroar, or just tsareena. Landorus deals with the former fairly well, if you know about it, but most of the time you don't. Tsareena with taunt just ruins everything, but thankfully most run assault vest. Urshifu could be swapped out with something that can deal with these two but I haven't found anything. Zapdos-G, maybe?

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/b5ea3b2925a29eb6

A Calyrex-S build that utilizes the well-known Incineroar-Rillaboom-Urshifu core, letting you opt for a more control-oriented game rather than always being forced into offense. A nice tech choice within the core is Helping Hand Urshifu, primarily to boost up Astral Barrage but can also net surprise kills by boosting Rillaboom's Grassy Glide. In general it's nice to use when you know Urshifu is gonna get Fake'd out but already used Detect the previous turn. Urshifu is particularly useful on the team due to the good offensive synergy it has with Calyrex; Urshifu threatens things like Incineroar whereas Calyrex is running Psyshock to threaten a KO on Amoonguss. Knock Off Rillaboom is another tech choice that removes Rocky Helmet to support Urshifu and cripples the occasional Porygon2 which would wall Calyrex.

Whimsicott is here to support Calyrex with Tailwind, giving a favorable matchup against TornOgre and opposing Calyrex-S that lack their own Tailwind. Urshifu also appreciates Whimsicott being around, in particular under Tailwind Urshifu can outspeed everything up to Regieleki, getting a handy KO without caring about its sash.

The last mon is Ditto, interestingly enough holding a Sitrus Berry instead of a Scarf. The drawback of being forced into speed-ties when transforming into an offensive threat is mitigated by Whimsicott's Tailwind support, and not being Choice-locked improves the pool of mons that you'd want to transform into, making it a viable options to transform into supportive mons where you can freely utilize moves like Fake Out and Protect. This also makes Ditto a viable option against Trick Room builds.

The Xerneas matchup can get a bit prickly since the team lacks a real Fairy-resist but we can always use Ditto to copy their Geomancy-boosted Xerneas. To further help this matchup in particular, Incineroar is running Goggles to shrug off Volcarona.

Sole Survivor

Sepia-toned memories
is a Pre-Contributor

A TailRoom Dialga team which focuses on choosing the mode of Speed control which is more preferable against the opposing team and playing towards it to overwhelm the opponent with offense while also having a solid defensive backbone (click the minisprites for the PokePaste of the team!). This is the fifth iteration of Dialga teams I've built and I finally settled on this one as it seems to have all the necessary pieces to handle all the meta strategies while also having a good strategy on its own as it is very flexible on how it can be played depending on the opposing team. Huge shoutouts to ToastNoButter for helping me build this team. It originally had an Amoonguss for redirection to aid Dialga in setting up Trick Room but it was far too passive for this style of team and I was noticeably weak to bulky Waters so I decided to settle on Rillaboom as it also easens the Calyrex-Shadow matchup. There was also a Grimmsnarl with Fake Out, Fake Tears, Light Screen and Darkest Lariat which also aided in setting up TR but it also faced the same fate of being too passive even if TR did go up.

After a series of test games, I realised Groudon and Xerneas are the most threatening restricteds to go up against (every time I build Dialga, these two are the only two restricteds who give me problems so it wasn't a surprise it's still the case) for Dialga. I originally had Stakataka for Wide Guard and Gyro Ball but my Ground weaknesses were too big in number for me to achieve anything with that. Then this morning I asked if anyone was interested in building Dialga and ToastNoButter agreed and we started with the core of Dialga, Araquanid (which also provides Wide Guard), Incineroar and one of Amoonguss and Togekiss to provide redirection for Dialga to set Trick Room up. We ended up with Amoonguss but like I said before, it was too passive to fill too much of a role and was thus replaced. With Rillaboom added over it we didn't really make much progress until Toast sent me the idea of Whimisicott and Landorus without really much explanation but sent a Grass Knot calc on the Hoenn duo and it was beyond impressive. I really liked the idea of having Whimisicott as not only did it give us a secondary mode to play towards if TR weren't the best option, it also provided Fake Tears pressure which Dialga and Landorus really appreciate. Landorus strengthened the matchup against Zacian, the Hoenn duo (with the aforementioned Grass Knot) and Xerneas so it was too good to give up. That's basically how the team was put together and what the ideas were behind its functioning.

With the basic introduction to the team given, let's move on to what the EV spreads on each Pokemon do.

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 36 Def Dialga: 133-159 (64.2 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(On White Herb Sets)
252+ Atk Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 36 Def Dialga: 152-182 (73.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 36 Def Dialga: 138-164 (66.6 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 36 Def Dialga: 156-184 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

220+ SpA Dialga Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Zacian-Crowned: 106-126 (53.2 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Calyrex-Shadow Rider Astral Barrage vs. 196 HP / 140 SpD Assault Vest Rillaboom: 87-105 (43.5 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Outspeeds Max Speed Timid Calyrex-Shadow in Tailwind.

252 Atk Mienshao Close Combat vs. 236 HP / 164+ Def Incineroar: 168-198 (84 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Araquanid is standard Max HP, Max Attack to maximise bulk and damage output with the Mystic Water. The same goes with Landorus and Whimsicott who have Max Special Attack and Max Speed and the Timid Nature to maximise Speed and damage from their Special moves.

Moving on to Moves, Dialga has Flash Cannon for STAB, Trick Room, Earth Power to dent things like Incineroar and Steel types like Zacian-C and Thunder to take advantage of the Rain set up by the commonly used Kyogre.

Rillaboom has three standard moves in Grassy Glide, Fake Out and U-Turn. Its fourth move, however, is Knock Off as it significantly improves our matchup against Calyrex-S.

Incineroar has a standard set except for Throat Chop, which not only OHKO's Caly-S, but also blocks Snarl and Parting Shot from opposing Incineroar.

Araquanid has a fully standard set with Substitute over Leech Life as it was better in testing against players who kept Protecting and switching out to a Fake Out Pokemon so Substitute would give me a ton of momentum moving forward.

Whimsic
ott's set is also standard but it has Fake Tears as a surprise tech which synergises well with Dialga and Landorus.

Last but certainly not the least, we have Landorus who is yet another Pokemon with one unexpected move in Grass Knot in this case. It is great as it heavily dents most opposing restricteds, especially the Hoenn duo as mentioned before.

That was the team! I had a ton of fun building it and writing about it here and I hope you enjoyed reading it. As a final shoutout, I would like to thank Typhoeus200318 who gave me the really smart idea of Speed creeping Rillaboom to outspeed Caly-S in Tailwind. Feel free to use the team if you liked it, have a great day :)

Here's the Rental Code with a few small changes!
IMG_20210912_070426.jpg

Last edited:

jonas

put your hands to the constellations
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
https://pokepast.es/c19acdef94af9301
https://pokepast.es/2ca16c3924fe2970
https://pokepast.es/4bb055e2501e003a
teams i built/used for wcop, didnt play great and had a little hax against me but it happens. Ill be taking an extended break from vgc, so shoutouts to all my friends who kept me playing, especially InkVGC . My day 1 and always super kind and willing to build anything. love you bro, and thanks for everything you've done. if you ever need help with teams n shit or just want to talk you can hmu on discord Jomatoes#0001

Later

I am back again to feature more of my somewhat interesting teams which focuses on Reshiram and Tailwind, I've done this before in series 10 with Whimsicott and Reshiram, but it didn't work as well as the team I will be showing you today. I will also like to give huge shout outs to Dawn Greninja for helping me build this spectacular team and I would enjoy you guys checking my team out.

Team: Reshiram
:Reshiram: :Suicune: :rillaboom: :landorus-therian: :regieleki: :incineroar:

Reshiram: Reshiram isn't great right know and that's why I tried to make it work. Life Orb and Blue Flare would allow Reshiram to hit like a nuke especially when Groudon is on the field. Draco Meteor will strengthen your matchup against Palkia and destroy most pokemon.
Optimizes HP for Life Orb damage,140+ SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 236 HP / 4 SpD Groudon in Sun: 205-243 (100 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO and out speeds Regieleki in Tailwind.

Suicune: Suicune is the Tailwind setter for the team and offers Snarl, Scald burns, and Helping Hand to make Reshiram's power even further destructive. Snarl is crucial for weakening the special attackers that might harm the team, Scald is a great stab and burns physical attackers that might harm the team, and Helping Hand can possibly allow the team to OHKO what they wouldn't.
Grassy Terrain recovery without using up to much EVs, 188+ Atk Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 132 HP / 108 Def Suicune in Grassy Terrain: 128-152 (66.6 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery , and out speeds Calyrex-Shadow in Tailwind.

Landorus-T: Its immunity to ground is valuable along with intimidate and countering Regieleki makes Landorus-Therian a decent addition to the team. If you saw my post here you would recognize this spread which has the same EVs but just different item 1 different move.

Rillaboom, Incineroar, and Regieleki: This doesn't need to be explained if you guys ever played series 10, these pokemon have great synergy together which allows it to fit well with my team.

This it, I hope you guys enjoyed the team or try to play the team. I had a blast making this team because I always love to make new ideas. Have a great they and goodbye :)

Last edited:
Pretty standard Kyogre team. Not much going on, but I think Sharp Beak Tornadus (with Protect) is pretty neat, and Tsareena / Rillaboom pressures too hard with Double Grassy Glide threatening the K.O

Got a SPL W with that team, 2 W's in CBT and went relatively well with it in Rose Tower's / Mt. Silver (also yea Aldrich cut Mt. Silver using it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)