VGC team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have never played doubles, I have never played Ubers, so I am trying to get a decent team together for VGC. It's a Trick room team designed around Bronzong and Kyogre.

Bronzong@ Macho Brace
Ability: Levitate

-Trick Room
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion
-Protect
EVs:
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Brave

This guy will go out first with Kyogre..with Drizzle he has no weakness and should be able to get Trick Room up. After TR is up he can hit hard with Gyro Ball and blow himself up to go out with a blaze of glory.

Kyogre@ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle

-Ice beam
-Thunder
-Water Spout
-Surf
EVs:
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 HP
Modest

Nice slow specs Kyogre, since I think a lot of people are gonna be using rain dance teams, his thunder is gonna come in really handy. I bulked him up a bit since he doesn't need speed but I think this thing is gonna score me some unexpected kills, especially late game.

Palkia@ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure

-Trick Room
-Spacial Rend
-Aqua Tail
-Thunder
EVs: 252 SpA ??? (need help)
Quiet

Kyogres best friend, together they can kill a lot of stuff. Aqua tail for Blissey, Spacial Rend for Giratina/other dragons, thunder for Kyogre and trick room just because.

For the EVs since he doesn't need speed I was thinking of boosting Atk and HP, but I wasn't sure of what spread to use so a little help please?

Scizor@ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician

-U-turn
-Super Power
-Pursuit
-Bullet Punch
EVs - 4 HP / 252 Attack
/ 252 SpD
Adamant

Scizor is here to take Dragon type attacks aimed at Palkia, he also can kill a lot of threats to Kyogre (Latias) and is just generally a threatening Pokemon. Super power will take out dialga/Palkia and U-turn will hit nearly everything hard.

And that's it. I'll say right now that I am a noob with EVs/movesets/trick room/ubers/doubles/battling so there you go. Be brutal as you like and help me improve my team. (:

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How do you plan on not hurting your other team members with Explosion? Give Kyogre Protect over Surf, and an Iron Ball. Also make it Quiet, because opposing Quiet Kyogres are not uncommon.

Give Bronzong a Lum Berry so Sleep doesn't disrupt your Trick Room setup. Drop Gyro Ball for Rock Slide; half the Pokemon you will ever see in VGC either resist Gyro Ball or are slow enough to take low damage from it. Rock Slide is a useful multi-hit move that can break Focus Sashes before Water Spout hits, and actually hits Shedinja.

Palkia could probably drop Trick Room for Protect or Substitute.

If you want to keep Dragon attacks away from Palkia, drop Scizor for a Brave 252 HP \ 252 Attack Lucario with Follow Me. That Follow Me Lucario could give you great synergy if you predict they're going to Taunt Bronzong. Just Protect with Bronzong and switch in Lucario.

haunter

Banned deucer.
RMT rules said:
16. Play with your team before putting it up for rate. We as a community cannot emphasize this enough. No one wants to rate the team that you freshly created while eating breakfast or the gimmick you randomly put together. We as a community want teams that have been battle tested so that the obvious flaws have been hammered out.

This is particularly because just by playing with a team, you yourself can figure out what is wrong with your team. You don't need other people to help you quite yet - and to be blunt, you're just being lazy or have the wrong idea of what the RMT forum is if you're posting teams you spent fifteen minutes creating.
You obviously did not test the team before posting it here. If you ever test it, then PM me and I'll unlock this thread. Also, you need to provide a complete EV spread for your Palkia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)