VGC VGC'15 Team: A closer look to Battle Spot

Hey guys. Is SkarmSteel back with another VGC RMT. This one will be solely about my definitive team, one that i started using long time ago and how the team evolved through the time. Let's go with it:

All people that know VGC knows that in Battle Spot this core is repeated. Every single team has at least one of the members of this popular core, and it's for a reason: they're good. They don't have quite the typing synergy and some are very frail, but those 6 mons are pretty good enough to pick them and just throw them on a team. When the season was starting, i didn't agree with the last sentence.

We all could agree that Banded Talonflame can destroy the entire team if our own Talonflame was Knocked Out, so i decided to put Rotom-H. Pretty powerful mon, that also walls Mega Manectric and has a good synergy with the team. Lucario was here mainly to counter Kangaskhan before Mega Evolving as of it. Why "counter" and not "check"? The answer is simple: at that time Kangaskhan started using Adamant and Fake Out was prominent, so Inner Focus Jolly Lucario was the best choice to counter Mega Kangaskhan as of it.

I liked the Lucario+Rotom-H core, but it was so weak to Sylveon that i had to so something about it. As for the change, i started using Bisharp over Lucario because i needed my answer to Sylveon, something that was able to KO Sylveon with ease and wasn't crippled by Intimidate. Then i switched the Rotom form to Rotom-Wash because my team was extremely weak to Rain Teams, and Rotom was the only thing on my entire team that could resist Water.

This was the final change, and occured after the National Championship. I realised Rotom-Wash was giving me trouble and was using the Sitrus Berry that i needed for Thundurus to be able to survive certain moves. Suicune provided me the Speed control that my team needed as i lost against a Tailwind Terracott team (fuck Whimsicott) and the mixed bulk Rotom couldn't provide. Having Rotom was kinda pointless due to the fact that i already had Thundurus for the Electric coverage and Landorus could take care of Kangaskhan, so i didn't need that much burns. Suicune does the work of Rotom-W better, as it can spam Snarl against Rain Teams and make some Special Attackers weaker, and nullify the effect of Swift Swim thanks to Tailwind.

So without further ado, let's get into the final results (hopefully):

Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Superpower

Pretty simple set. Rock Slide is there mainly to check Mega Charizard Y....i will use Jolly if i have to but with Suicune i don't think is necessary. Earthquake doesn't need a detailed description or reason to be there and Superpower provides the Fighting coverage that my team doesn't have, making the difference when facing Mega Kangaskhan. Protect has the same reason than EQ to be there. I'd like to try AV but considering the amount of Special Attackers my team has and the fact that sometimes i have to switch Landorus to take a burn, Lum Berry has won its spot.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Same than Landorus, a standard Kangaskhan Set. I don't think i need to explain this one either. Return>Double Edge because i wanted Kangaskhan to stay on the field as long as possible and Power-Up Punch>Low Kick because PuP is really useful in dangerous situations and can handle Intimidate.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 196 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Helping Hand
- Psyshock

Ok, here we go. Specs Sylveon hits like a truck but locking yourself into a move makes Sylveon predictable and useless when facing mons like Imprison Gardevoir. Because Sylveon has a really good supportive movepool, i thought Helping Hand was worth a try.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 92 SpA / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Snarl
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Nothing interesting to say from this one either. It has enough Special Attack to OHKO Landorus-T with 4 HP/0 Sp.Def and has mixed bulk. I suppose the defense is enough to survive 2 Jolly Mega Kangaskhan's Return 100% of the time.

Zangetsu (Bisharp) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

Bisharp explanation was up there so i'll explain the moveset. Knock Off is the Strong Dark Type STAB move, Sucker Punch is the priority STAB move and Iron Head is for Sylveon and stuff like that. Protect is staple.

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 44 SpA / 68 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is Aaron Zheng Thundurus set. Made to survive Kangaskhan's Return, Mawile's Play Rough and other moves. Taunt is nice against TR, T-wave is for speed control. As for the other 2 moves, offensive presence is pretty much necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)