VGC VGC2016 team with no primal(need help for adjust it)

like the title,here is my team that need to be adjusted(sorry bad english and not full info of pokemon but i am not english so i cannot give very full and detailed info because of my lack knowelage of english words and sorry for the bad team but i am a newbie).

(Dialga) @ Life Orb
Ability: Telepathy
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Earth Power

he is my killer.Can kill fairy,can handle groudon and kyogre,with some speed boost can handle rayquaza too.I chose it for try to make a different team from what i have seen,mostly groudon xerneas core,so i want try to make something from my self.

(Kangaskhan-Mega) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 4 Def / 60 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

I never used it because it was so abuse is previus meta.But i wan try it.I chose him for his great stats,attack,good speed hp and defences...can face groudon in combo with dialga,using eathquake,dialga isn't affect cause of his HA.Can fake out ghost type too(not sure if they are present in this new meta,but is better be prepared).Double edge make lot of damage to all and sucker punch for anticipate any enemy attack doing damage.Not sure of evs spread like near all my pokemon.

(Kyurem-White) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fusion Flare
- Focus Blast

He is one of my favorite pokèmon.Is sp.atk is so great.Not sure for the moveset,but i not feel safe only with one pokemon that can handle kyogre..and is the only move i can give to him for be super effective against him.Ice beam is for dragon and flying coverage mostly,fusion flare power move like Ice beam.Focus blast because i lack on fight move nad i think they can be useful maybe against another kyurem.

(Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 4 Def / 20 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

All is based on him(?).He set the wind,he taunt,can do good damage,can recover.I want to be fast and kill possible opponent taunt/trick room.This is what i want from my team.

(Cresselia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

My helper.He one of my wall.Idecided to make him a physic wall,because with calm mind i can boost sp.def too and sp.atk.He help to make big damage with helping hand.not sure on the movest...i not have any fairy and no psycho move..so not shure on what to give to him.

(Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rage Powder
- Grass Knot
- Spore
- Giga Drain

My second defender and annoyer.Can let me safe attack with rage powder,can do good dmg to big and fat pokemon and make pokemon sleep.not sure for the 4th move...

hope i do enough in deep of my team.Sorry again for my bad english...i can't do better of this...hope it is goon enough now...
So what i need is a help in evs spread,item choice and moveset too...check if it can be good...and if i have to change some pokemon.
I want be fast and letal,destroy possibile trick room setter and annoyer,hoping in ohko..and start to take care of big and bad pokemon like groudon or kyogre etc....
thanks for the help.
EDIT: i see whimsicott can have helping hand a tailwind...he can be a good replace for cresselia and do the same rule?is good have 2 wind setter?or i have to replace taloflame with him? thanks again

edit2:doing some test with the calculator of damage i see that even a life orb kyure white with an water hidden power can destroy a groudon with 207 hp and 135 sp.def with a 100% chance of ohko.I see that mega gyarados ability can do the job very well too but never do a ohko.Hope to reiceve some help.I read that gastroacid on amoonugus can be good to.And whimsicott os a so good supporter..so much nice move ,,but i think i need a fairy type move...so i not know if make him only a substitute user with taunt helping hand and tailwind...or not use substitute and use dazzling gleam or leach seed.I think is beter to remove talonflame or cresselia instead of amoongus.But more expert can give me helo in this choice.thanks

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey man...though its nice to make a team with something different, but there are quite a few flaws in this one and also i think you should make your descriptions a bit longer or your post might be locked by the mods.
So, here are the changes-

1. Dialga is very good in this meta but, your team is pretty weak to groudon, so first of all take life orb from it and give it shuca berry to revenge someone like groudon and boosted earthquake salamence. Though power drop is a little noticeable but you can easily remedy that with helping hand boost from cress. Also dialga badly nees protect to scout out TRs and avoid getting double targeted, I think you should remove earth power from dialga for flamethrower , for an extra assurance against ferro, who gives you a hard time if kyu-white goes down plus chande dragon pulse to draco meteor, remember 2 dracos do more damage than 2 dragon pulses and thunder is kind of redundant as draco hits harder so I would replace it with protect.

2. Next up kanga needs much more power in this hard hitting meta, also earthquake with spread damage and non STAB is kind of meh, so replace it with low kick to deal with opposing dialgas and kyu-whites. Btw I am curious about what the evs do, but I would suggest you to get a standard 252+atk/252spd kanga but its your wish.

3. You know what is the most attractive feature of kyu-white? His dracos coming from a massive 170 spl atk and specs, it ohkos groudon, does 85 percent to kyogre. Hp grass is not needed at all, replace it with draco, focus blast is good on it but I prefer sleep talk to surprise all the smeargle shenanigans with dark void and stuff. You can also make it modest as it will not be missing any imp benchmarks and hits even harder, hitting xerneas biggest threat for your team for about 79-87 percent with ice beam.

4.Next up, talon is just fine but again curious about the evs though. also if you can find a place for protect on talon so that it doesnt become victim to fake out + T-bolt. If you want you can run a simple 252atk+/252spd as it aint gonna take any hits anyway.

5.Now cress is a little weird on this team, as it is more useful on the teams with groudon and kyogre also you dont use Trick Room, but if you want to keep it, first of all calm minding is not an option here in vgc16 as plenty of ubers hit really hard and can easily break through cress. Also psyshock is not good, use ice beam on it, to do some chip damage on mega- salamence. you can also give it t-wave for some speed control in place of calm mind. Though I still feel it is more of a liability on the field for your team, you could replace it with aegi, who provides wide guard support and revenges xerneas with gyro ball.

6. Both giga drain and grass knot are redundant, as grass knot does enough damage to heavy mons you can replace it with protect. But since you are using not much setup so, I dont think you need rage support, here whimsi will be ideal.

Well, I know you dont want to use primals but just let me tell ya, that opportunity cost of not using a primal is too much, as you can see I didn't want to change your team so I didn't change the mons but if you want then I can suggest some changes. Well good luck .

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Gyro Ball
- Wide Guard
- Pursuit/Shadow Sneak

Whimsicott Focus sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Worry Seed
- Moonblast/Taunt
- Helping Hand

hello.thanks for the answer.and sorry for the lack of description but i am italian,so i am not able to write a good description cause of my lack of knowelage of the language,i tryeid to do my best for this,so i am sorry if it feels incomplete.Thunder in dialga is for hit hard kyogre but u are more expert of me so i follow your help.i gived hp on talon for make it capable of resist some attack ad little speed because i not know if taunt have priority. i modified in this way

(Dialga) @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Flamethrower

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

(Kyurem-White) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Fusion Flare
- Sleep Talk

(Whimsicott) @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Moonblast

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Bold Nature
- Protect
- Grass Knot
- Spore
- Gastro Acid

my first idea of whimsicott was a more defensive with lefttovers,and with prankster he can taunt ,tailwind, with priority..not sure of the lot of speed on whimsicott,i think he not need it after he set tailwind that have priority,maybe for outspeed other whimsicott?.i have to change the choice spec of kyurem with the life orb?thanks again

edit:i am not sure to change earthquake with low kick,with earthquake i can 2hko defensive groudon(65%) and 0% 3hko with low kick,against kyogre i have 2hko with both moves.so not know if i have to change or not.

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Alright, you have made quite a few changes I see. Actually 2hko is one on one basis with parental bond, but in doubles earthquake becomes 75pc in strength and hits only once, thus being significantly weaker. Also low kick is more of a utility move, plus countering groudon with kanga isn't a good thing, as far as I feel, unless you are physically really hard hitting, you should counter groudon from special side and kyogre from physical side.

Also since you have taunt already on whimsi, taunt on talon is redundant, you can replace it with quick guard to help your team against priority and fake outs. The speed on talon is little necessary though, as it wont be living any hits whatsoever, so you would want to make it fast and hit hard.

Also whimsi's main niche lies in its speed and prankster, so you don't want to get it taunted by opposing pranksters so that's the only reason though.
Though I would change amoongus to aegi or something otherwise you become too weak to mega ray and mega salamence.
That's all bud, don't fret I don't think you have tested your team much, just play with it and you will make any changes necessary yourself.
Goood Luck

ok..and for kyurem i had to leave the choice specs or give him the life orb?maybe i can try 2 different set one with focus blast and the choice spec and one with sleep talk and life ob? and how i can kill kyogre without super effective move? just hitting him much hard as possible?thaks for the help.

Sylveon.

Main thing is hitting for higher damage rather than hitting by supereffective hit, for example kyu-white's draco after STAB has a base power of 195 whereas hp grass does 120. Moreover with some prediction even kanga hits kyogre for high damage, due to its low defense.
Now, choice specs vs life orb is completely your choice, with which you are comfortable with, little less damage with recoil but choice of all 4 moves or just sheer power. Though since vgc's average span is small, life orb is a good idea too.

after vgc go out officisly msybe i can chose better witch one use...but i think life orb with sleep talk is good like choie speec with fosuc blast,,,

Last edited:
so my modification is this :

(Dialga) @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Protect / thunder
- Flamethrower /thunder

not sure of thunder...i non have a really way to face kyogre....maybe just hitting him hard whit all i have..i tryed this team and it isn't so bad,some time i lose for my inexperience and errors,i am a newbie in competitive.

Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

(Kyurem-White) @ Choice Specs / life orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Fusion Flare
- Sleep Talk /earth power

cannot decide witch one can be good in this meta

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Helping Hand
- Tailwind
- Taunt /encore
- Moonblast

not know here what to do...but i think taunt is better,i don't want remove tailwind,because i not take with me always whimsi and talon togheter.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak / life orb
Adamant Nature
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind
- Roost / flare blitz
- Brave Bird

here again not know what to do...if i give fire blitz to him i can give thunder to dialga?

(Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
- Pursuit/shadow sneak

not know,i not see so much switching for a good use of pursuit...some one suggest to use amoongus:
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Rage Powder

just for remove xerneas geomancy,and i can say after ageomancy he is really hard..a draco metero with helping hand not killed him

so..i have played like 15 match..and...not know why,on showdown i had a 10 win and 5 loss,on the 3ds i have 10 loss and 5 wins...so,what i can do for make this team better with minor changes i pokemon? amoongus>aegislash? i not have a really problem with groudon,kyure onko him with dracometeor,dialga can do a lot of damage with thunder to kyogre or draco meteor,but some time i got really in trouble facing they,being trapped in trick room o dark void...and not much experience of me,facing pokemon with some move that i never can imagine they can have,not know what i really need,i not think my team is so bad.hope in some more help.

so my modification is this :

(Dialga) @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Protect / thunder
- Flamethrower /thunder

not sure of thunder...i non have a really way to face kyogre....maybe just hitting him hard whit all i have..i tryed this team and it isn't so bad,some time i lose for my inexperience and errors,i am a newbie in competitive.

Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

(Kyurem-White) @ Choice Specs / life orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Fusion Flare
- Sleep Talk /earth power

cannot decide witch one can be good in this meta

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Helping Hand
- Tailwind
- Taunt /encore
- Moonblast

not know here what to do...but i think taunt is better,i don't want remove tailwind,because i not take with me always whimsi and talon togheter.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak / life orb
Adamant Nature
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind
- Roost / flare blitz
- Brave Bird

here again not know what to do...if i give fire blitz to him i can give thunder to dialga?

(Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
- Pursuit/shadow sneak

not know,i not see so much switching for a good use of pursuit...some one suggest to use amoongus:
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Rage Powder

just for remove xerneas geomancy,and i can say after ageomancy he is really hard..a draco metero with helping hand not killed him
IMO every serious vgc 2016 team should have one of the weather trio or at least have xerneas but anyway.
If u are running kangaskhan surviving opposing kanga low kicks

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 172 Atk / 76 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Next thing give amoongus a sitrus berry and don't run clear smog grass knot is a really better move. Also run all the much special defense u can (I have been using 252/252.notify me if there a better one)

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect
- Grass Knot
As for dialga running a trickroom set might be nice (not sure about this one as well,just made it right now lol.If someone can make a more efficient one pls tell me )

Dialga @ Adamant Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpA / 140 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Trick Room
DEFENSIVE-
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 60 Def Dialga: 174-206 (84 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Dialga: 174-205 (84 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 60 Def Dialga: 166-196 (80.1 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Dialga: 146-173 (70.5 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
this one is hilarious
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Dialga in Heavy Rain: 59-69 (28.5 - 33.3%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO

OFFENSIVE-
0 Atk Adamant Orb Dialga Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 134-158 (66.3 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
56 SpA Adamant Orb Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 260-308 (143.6 - 170.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
56 SpA Adamant Orb Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Palkia: 222-264 (112.6 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Adamant Orb Dialga Iron Head vs. 236 HP / 196+ Def Togekiss: 102-120 (53.6 - 63.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
56 SpA Adamant Orb Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 284-336 (166 - 196.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

U are weak to primal groudon (run kyogre).I have to run now i will edit in changes latter on :)

why iron head? i have flash cannon.i not want use trick room,i want buil another team based on trick room groudon and xerneas,i just want to improve this,because i think is not so bad,groudon can be shotted by kyurem white.i thinked to use sludge bomb istead of rage powder.it can be a good idea?

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
why iron head? i have flash cannon.i not want use trick room,i want buil another team based on trick room groudon and xerneas,i just want to improve this,because i think is not so bad,groudon can be shotted by kyurem white.i thinked to use sludge bomb istead of rage powder.it can be a good idea?
Iron head hits Xerneas harder as it gets +2 SpD when it uses Geomancy. Also Pursuit Aegislash isn't good at all and would replace it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)