Victory Lucked-On [OU:RMT]

Here's my Lucario team (Lucked On is Lucario + Locked On not anything HAX related):

Rockin Monkey (Infernape) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/192 Spd/64 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat

A fluid member and kickass lead that beats many other pokes after Fake Out breaks their sash. Has problems with the releatively-rare Azelf. Not much more to say because this pokemon is both the newest member of this team and a suicide lead.

Commander 60 (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

The team's late-game sweeper. I initially had Stone Edge but it literally was a Missing Edge (by having a accuracy of 30% and NEVER critting) so i switched to crunch. Also revenge kills after scizor is down.

Steel Wing 01 (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/1 Spd/4 SDef
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Steel Wing 01 ready to dump a magazine (or what the gattling tanks say in Generals Zero Hour). Standard CB Scizor that literally makes huge bulletholes in teams with hers Bullet Punch. Low Speed gives him the upper hand in scizor mirror matches (so i can switch to a counter of the U-Turned pokemon or hit the -1ATK/-1DEF opponent after superpower instead of him hitting me while low in HP)

Red Demon (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/104 Atk/100 Def/148 Spd
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Bulky Gyara the Shiny Red Demon that says "gyarados 6-0s you" to these Toxic Swamperts all while Dragon Dancing when the swampert switches into their OHKOed-but-not-so-OHKOing Gyarados. Many teams rely on status moves to kill gyarados, which never works against this demon of early DP. Its low speed gives it a Jolteon weakness, but her's durability overcompsenates for that, and allows it to sweep after Scizor had made holes in the opponent's team.

Possessed Oven (Rotom-h) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/164 Def/92 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-wisp

A nasty pokemon for sure that provides a slight amount of bulkyness into this team, Thunderbolting these gyaradoses to hell and beyond (or, typically, WoWing this switching-in T-Tar/Flygon/Gliscor). Leftovers over Scarf because this team already has 3! Revengers (Heatran, Scizor's Make-A-Hole-In-Opponents-Pokemon, and to a lesser extent, Lucario's Extremespeed) and needs some bulkyness.

Heat Runner (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Explosion

The team's last revenger. I love to play mind games with other teams (but fail as often i succeed, sometimes EPing flyers and Flamethrowering Heatran, but as often OHKOing these flyers and heatran with their proper attacks. HP [Grass] because Salamence outspeeds after DD and Swampert is more of a threat then Gyarados. Flamethrower over Fire Blast because the latter has some 30% accuracy against scizors, and half that during late game when both heatran and the rest of my team are in its KO range, while maintaining a 100% rating against flamethrower versions who can PP-Stall me out of fire blast if i stay and PWN me if i switch.

This team has a serious Suicune weakness and some Zapdos and Dragon weakness. I feel i need a proper steel to deal with the dragons, but i dont know who to switch.

Also, why smogon has these ugly stabilily problems?

Your biggest weakness is predictability. Try straying, if even a little, from the basic Smogon sets. But besides that:

Infernape- Most of the leads Infernape will be messing up by taking away their sashes are still suicide leads, so once they get their SR up, they're done, and any damage done afterwards is just complimentary. This guy's biggest weakness is Gyarados. Also, most people will see the Fake Out coming and switch to a Ghost type. Even if Infernape DOES take down your opponent's lead (suicide or not), they will most likely immediately switch in their spinner. By this time, Infernape will be to weak (Close Combat) or unable to touch the spinner (Overheat sharply lowering your Sp. Attack), giving them an opportunity to spin and set up their own rocks if the suicide lead hasn't. Also, ThunderPunch is never a bad idea, because a lead Gyarados will get in a couple of Dragon Dances, after which it is probably Good Game, since Gyarados is your only viable counter, who would still be at a one or two Dragon Dance disadvantage.

Lucario- Once you do your first attack, most people will know your exact set or close to it and switch a counter in, most likely Gliscor. I advise switching Crunch with Ice Punch.

Scizor- I advise dropping this guy right now. Everyone and their uncle has a Scizor counter, whether it's a scarfed Heatran, a Gyarados, Zapdos, appliance Rotom, or what-have-you.

Gyarados- I run a similar set. I've had a lot of success with it (as a lead), so the only suggestions I have are to take 4 attack EVs and give them to Speed, to prevent speed ties with any other Bulkydos. Also, give it Ice Fang, because Stone Edge is the worst move in the game. Also, Dragons.

Heat Rotom- The only problem I have with this is that it is the same as most Rotom-h sets. It works well on paper, but you'll have to compete with people that can outpredict you. Sashed Gengar could be problematic.

Heatran- A good revenger, if not a predictable one. But you already have revengers out the wazoo, so I suggest switching it with a different Steel-type, one that can tank more than one hit. I suggest Swords Dance Empoleon.

And what do you mean by "stability problems"?

Well, their is nothing wrong with being standard. The movesets work fine though I would still change a bit. Infernape is fine. First off, your still beating their lead, whether your opponent gets rocks or not. I don't see how azelf is a problem as fake out+fire blast is a OHKO.

Also, most people will see the Fake Out coming and switch to a Ghost type. Even if Infernape DOES take down your opponent's lead (suicide or not), they will most likely immediately switch in their spinner.
Fake out infernape is not as common as he used to be and for that reason, most people won't switch. Next your assuming everyone has a ghost, which they don't. Steel pokemon won't switch-in as they are hit for SE by his two STAB moves and anything else is still losing quite a bit of health. As for spinner, they are not found on every team, and besides, he has a ghost type. Although this set is good, the only common suicide leads are azelf and aero. Aero isn't OHKO so he manages to usually get down sr and taunt you or possibly break your sash. I would prefer something like encore or u-turn in it's place.

Lucario- Once you do your first attack, most people will know your exact set or close to it and switch a counter in, most likely Gliscor. I advise switching Crunch with Ice Punch.
Everone has crunch on lucario. Ice Punch is pointless as most gliscors outrun Lucario anyway. Lucario is meant to be used late-game when all of his counters are gone. It is alot easier to beat Gliscor then it is to beat celebi, cresselia, rotom-a which is the point of crunch.

Scizor- I advise dropping this guy right now. Everyone and their uncle has a Scizor counter, whether it's a scarfed Heatran, a Gyarados, Zapdos, appliance Rotom, or what-have-you.
Um..no. That's the whole point of Scizor. He lures out Lucario's counters and the player has to deal with them. Zapdos is being hit by sr and u-turn which puts it in range for x-speed while heatran is walled by gyara and can always be hit with superpower. Gyarados is handled with rotom-h and so on. He also makes an excellent counter to latias as well as several other frail pokemon. He is also a very good pokemon against stall(especially hail teams.) The EVs though, are horrible. Never give him 252 in HP as that will allow for one less switch. 1 EV does nothing and 4 EVs in SDef is a waste. I would have 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe or SDef.

Gyarados- I run a similar set. I've had a lot of success with it (as a lead), so the only suggestions I have are to take 4 attack EVs and give them to Speed, to prevent speed ties with any other Bulkydos. Also, give it Ice Fang, because Stone Edge is the worst move in the game. Also, Dragons.
...Stone Edge is far better than Ice Fang. Ice Fange isn't hitting anything that isn't handled by Stone Edge effectivley. What is the point of outrunning other Gyara if you don't have stone edge? SEdge lets you hit fliers as well as water types for effective damage. Ice Fang is hitting Dragons, Salamence to be exact who is taking plenty from stone edge. Celebi is taking minimal damage even after a DD and can take Gyarados out with grass knot before he gets to KO celebi(factoring in sr and leftovers.) It's fine the way it is right now.

Heat Rotom- The only problem I have with this is that it is the same as most Rotom-h sets. It works well on paper, but you'll have to compete with people that can outpredict you. Sashed Gengar could be problematic.
Sashed Gengar..your joking right. This set is good and prediction is a common element in battle. That is why it's usually better to do something like T-Bolt a Jirachi early on in the game rather than going for the over heat. It works on paper and in battle. I would prefer sub in place of overheat as you don't really need it. It always better to use sub on a switch rather than w-o-w and then act accordingly from there. It also lets you beat other ghosts though sashed gengar is going to ruin this thing...

Heatran- A good revenger, if not a predictable one. But you already have revengers out the wazoo, so I suggest switching it with a different Steel-type, one that can tank more than one hit. I suggest Swords Dance Empoleon.
That would only add to his electric weakness. I would suggest something like celebi in it's place because you don't have a very reliable way to beat swampert and other bulky water types. With HP Fire, you will be able to get rid of Scizor quickly though you want to have inflicted some previous damage as it does around 75% damage. Sorry I can't spend more time on this rate. I would personally prefer a bulkier lead in Infernapes place. Something like swampert could work well.Gl

That's a poor reason IMO to scrap scizor. Everyone tries to counter threats in the metagame; most people have heatran counters (bulky waters, etc.) yet people still use Heatran due to its sheer power and usefulness. Besides, it's not as if any of those pokemon force scizor to die, only if he stays in.

Also, give it Ice Fang, because Stone Edge is the worst move in the game.
Wha- huh? Stone edge is a great move, with uses ranging from mauling Zapdos, Gyarados, Salamence, Yanmega, just about any bug type out there, fires, ice types, etc. 85% accuracy may be shakey, but for the power of stone edge plus no negative after effects (such as close combat), missing 3 out of every 20 uses isn't that bad.

Sashed gengar is irrelevant because he's getting rocks up on pretty much the first turn. Yes, spinners can remove rocks, but even so nobody carries a spinner just so their gengar can get in with its sash intact. They just give their mid- or late-game gengars life orbs for the extra power that he needs. Even if the stars aligned and the opponent managed to get in sashed gengar with full health, all he has to do is switch to scizor.

And yeah, you need an electric resist. Scarfzone does a lot of damage to your team, killing scizor and luke, and dealing at least neutral damage to everyone else aside from scarftran (who outspeeds it). I agree with your need of a celebi, but cetting rid of scarftran for celebi though I think makes you a little fire-weak, so I'd keep it and put in a celebi w/ grass knot and hp fire over Luke or Scizor. That way you replace one fire weakness with another, and still keep your fire immunity in heatran. I'd go for lucario since scizor is needed to deal with certain threats (celebi, latias, and gengar, to name a few).

Well, their is nothing wrong with being standard. The movesets work fine though I would still change a bit. Infernape is fine. First off, your still beating their lead, whether your opponent gets rocks or not. I don't see how azelf is a problem as fake out+fire blast is a OHKO.

Fake out infernape is not as common as he used to be and for that reason, most people won't switch. Next your assuming everyone has a ghost, which they don't. Steel pokemon won't switch-in as they are hit for SE by his two STAB moves and anything else is still losing quite a bit of health. As for spinner, they are not found on every team, and besides, he has a ghost type. Although this set is good, the only common suicide leads are azelf and aero. Aero isn't OHKO so he manages to usually get down sr and taunt you or possibly break your sash. I would prefer something like encore or u-turn in it's place.
While standard sets may work well on paper, a little deviation is always suggested. And if it looks like a standard set, and isn't, that's only giving you the element of surprise. It's fine to have a couple standard sets, but an entire team of them? Also, if an Infernape is a lead, it most likely have FO and SR. Many leads, Aerodactyl and Azelf in particular, would be able to set up against and kill/maim the standard NP sweeper Ape if it were leading.

I'm not assuming that everyone has a Ghost, but some people do, because of Azelf and other Exploders. But besides Ghosts, it gives them an opportunity to switch in a bulky Ape counter, such as Swampert or Gyarados, which can then set up.

Everone has crunch on lucario. Ice Punch is pointless as most gliscors outrun Lucario anyway. Lucario is meant to be used late-game when all of his counters are gone. It is alot easier to beat Gliscor then it is to beat celebi, cresselia, rotom-a which is the point of crunch.
Wait, so I can't assume that most people have Ghosts on their team, yet everybody has crunch on Lucario? Also, the more defensive Gliscors won't be outspeeding Luke, and with Crunch, he can't do much against the likes of flying dragons, particularly of the Intimidating variety, or Ground-types, and both will probably carry EQ. Also, if you want to take advantage of the fact that Lucario will probably be down to his sash after a Swords Dance, you could replace Close Combat with Reversal. But if you want to be able to attack at full power from the get-go, stay with Close Combat.

Um..no. That's the whole point of Scizor. He lures out Lucario's counters and the player has to deal with them. Zapdos is being hit by sr and u-turn which puts it in range for x-speed while heatran is walled by gyara and can always be hit with superpower. Gyarados is handled with rotom-h and so on. He also makes an excellent counter to latias as well as several other frail pokemon. He is also a very good pokemon against stall(especially hail teams.) The EVs though, are horrible. Never give him 252 in HP as that will allow for one less switch. 1 EV does nothing and 4 EVs in SDef is a waste. I would have 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe or SDef.
While he does lure them out, unless U-turn is used on the turn they switch in, they will have a chance to set up, which gives them a chance to at least put a dent in Lucario. This is only coming from my experiences, however, and I may just have a team that is well equipped against Scizor.

...Stone Edge is far better than Ice Fang. Ice Fange isn't hitting anything that isn't handled by Stone Edge effectivley. What is the point of outrunning other Gyara if you don't have stone edge? SEdge lets you hit fliers as well as water types for effective damage. Ice Fang is hitting Dragons, Salamence to be exact who is taking plenty from stone edge. Celebi is taking minimal damage even after a DD and can take Gyarados out with grass knot before he gets to KO celebi(factoring in sr and leftovers.) It's fine the way it is right now.
Stone Edge would be far better than Ice Fang if it had anything close to Ice Fang's accuracy. A Gyarados sweep can be stopped by a simple "oops, Stone Edge decided not to hit!" Also, Ice Fang has both a Flinch rate and a Freeze rate, which, along with Waterfall's flinch rate can be useful after a DD. Also, You don't really need the power of Stone Edge when most dragons and some other relatively common Pokemon are 4x weak against Ice.

Sashed Gengar..your joking right. This set is good and prediction is a common element in battle. That is why it's usually better to do something like T-Bolt a Jirachi early on in the game rather than going for the over heat. It works on paper and in battle. I would prefer sub in place of overheat as you don't really need it. It always better to use sub on a switch rather than w-o-w and then act accordingly from there. It also lets you beat other ghosts though sashed gengar is going to ruin this thing...
Sashed Gengar? In my Shoddy? It's more likely than you think. Although, I agree on the Substitute in leu of Overheat bit, as Appliance Rotom's relative bulkiness as well as its resist-weakness ratio work well with popping out a substitute. Also, most people will assume that Heat Rotom has Overheat ("Well, why else would he have Heat Rotom?"), so a switch into Heatran or something that resists it will allow for a Substitute, which can also act as insurance if WoW misses.

That would only add to his electric weakness. I would suggest something like celebi in it's place because you don't have a very reliable way to beat swampert and other bulky water types. With HP Fire, you will be able to get rid of Scizor quickly though you want to have inflicted some previous damage as it does around 75% damage. Sorry I can't spend more time on this rate. I would personally prefer a bulkier lead in Infernapes place. Something like swampert could work well.Gl
In terms of bulkiness and not being weak against Electric, a bulky Ground wouldn't really hurt. Perhaps a spinner? Your team isn't really weak against SR, but that isn't the only spiking move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)