"Vishnu.. takes on his multi-armed form, and says 'Now I am become Death, The Destroyer of Worlds.'"

Hello, peeps. I haven't done an RMT in a while, and I believe I have made a pretty solid team, but I could always use room for improvement and criticism. So anyways, let's get to it.

The Team:

tyranitar.gif medicham-mega.gif thundurus.gif latias.gif quagsire.gif heatran.gif

Gojira (Tyranitar) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Now, I know what you're thinking. Special Tyranitar? wat?... It's not as crazy as it sounds. As my Stealth Rock lead, it lures in Gojira's supposed checks/counters, such as Gliscor, Landorus, Ferrothorn, ect, and blasts them to Oblivion :3

252 SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 340-404 (96.5 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 404-476 (114.1 - 134.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 384-452 (120 - 141.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Crunch is added in to the mix so that it has a good (and accurate) physical STAB to complement its coverage. Gojira's Hellish presence causes Sand to blanket the battlefield, which also breaks any Sashes the enemy might have within those 5 turns.

Now, despite the quote in the title and the poster given here, you'd think Gojira is the star of the show. Nope.

(Despite the badass image, this Hindu God will never stay in on Aegislash ._.)

Vishnu (Medicham-Mega) (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Substitute

HERE is the star of the show. With INSANE offensive power and great coverage, Vishnu is a force to be reckoned with, and anyone who stands in his way will face the true might of a Deity. Adamant gives Vishnu maximum power with its attacks, securing OHKOs and 2HKOs wherever possible. His two STABs, HJK and Zen Headbutt, do insane amounts of damage to those weak or even neutral to them, with Zen Headbutt doing large amounts of damage to Mega Venusaur. Fire Punch hits Aegislash on the switch (otherwise, Vishnu is completely walled by it), and Substitute is there since Mega Medicham easily forces switches, and with a Sub up, it'll be difficult to handle Vishnu with the extra protection.

Zeus (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Slowbro completely walls Vishnu, so having a strong Electric type that can rip through such a bulky threat is more than necessary. Also, since Vishnu is Adamant and not Jolly, he won't be as fast as his Jolly counterparts, so having someone with the ability to cripple faster attackers, such as Greninja, Gengar and Timid/Jolly variants of the Mega Zards, with priority Thunder Wave is a Godsend. T-bolt OHKOs Slowbro and 2HKOs Assault Vest variants while also doing a lot to the rest of its Water type brethren and Flying types as well. HP Ice dents, welp, you know, and Focus Blast hits T-Tar and Ferrothorn.

Serena (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Originally, Delta (Latios) was in this teamslot, but after reading up on some suggestions about the team, his sister, Serena (Latias), proved to be a better Poke overall for this team. Her superior bulk meant that she'll be taking hits a heck of a lot easier than her big brother, and using Recover rather than HP Fire, since Gojira has Fire Blast, Vishnu has Fire Punch and Vesuvius has Lava Plume, means that her longevity will improve, and this is good since she'll be able to get some HP back after LO recoil. As before, Draco Meteor does considerable damage to Dragons and those who take it neutrally, while Psyshock hits Mega Venusaur and Conkeldurr on their weaker Defense stat for SE damage.

Ed (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake

Oh, Ed :3

In this day and age, set-up sweepers are everywhere. Whether it'd be Mega Charizard X, Bisharp, Mega Scizor, whatever, they dish out about as much pain and suffering as Justin Bieber concerts do. Ed here doesn't give two shits about how long it takes them to get dressed for combat, for all he sees is naked bodies destined to get #rekt. The Toxic and Recover cripples walls and said set-up sweepers as they feebishly try to break Ed's unbreakable body. Earthquake is a great STAB move that does a lot to those weak to it, and Scald hits the Flying and Levitating Pokemon while offering a Burn chance, which is great against Skarmory.

Vesuvius (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar
- Flash Cannon

With very nice Special bulk and a nifty 4x resistance to Grass that helps Ed out, Vesuvius can be a royal pain to those not ready for him. Lava Plume is a strong STAB with a high Burn chance that does considerable amounts to those weak to it, such as Mega Mawile, Skarmory and a buttload of other Steel types. Flash Cannon is another great STAB that hits Fairies and T-Tar Super Effectively, while Earth Power hits Mega Zard X and opposing Heatran. Roar is here to completely fuck over Baton Pass users now that they have been rising in popularity again, and also helps with dealing more residual damage if Gojira's Stealth Rocks are still up.

In conclusion, here's my team. If there are any comments, criticisms and concerns you have for me, I'm all ears. Don't even show me mercy and straight up call me bad if I have made any decisions that make it seem that way. Thanks =3

Last edited:
Check this:

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 280-336 (81.8 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not even in this way Ttar dies. The sash on ttar is simply useless. U can think to run a life orb (for get the okho on ferro and do more damages with crunch) or expert belt so the opponent thinks that u are scarfed/banded and get a free okho. Or simply go with the red card for phazing after u put the rocks up.

With so much ice moves, ice punch on megacham is redunant. U cannot do a 1vs 1 on aegislash, he protect himself with KG. Think to replace ice punch with substitute, so thundurus cannot paralyze u, or sableye cannot burn u. And u canreally go with 1 vs 1 against aegislash.

Check this:

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 280-336 (81.8 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not even in this way Ttar dies. The sash on ttar is simply useless. U can think to run a life orb (for get the okho on ferro and do more damages with crunch) or expert belt so the opponent thinks that u are scarfed/banded and get a free okho. Or simply go with the red card for phazing after u put the rocks up.

With so much ice moves, ice punch on megacham is redunant. U cannot do a 1vs 1 on aegislash, he protect himself with KG. Think to replace ice punch with substitute, so thundurus cannot paralyze u, or sableye cannot burn u. And u canreally go with 1 vs 1 against aegislash.
There's no reason for Conk to use a priority move like Mach Punch against T-Tar, since T-Tar can't really do much against him anyway. Conk would OHKO with Drain Punch if I didn't have the Sash. The point of having a Sash on Gojira is to be guaranteed a layer of Stealth Rocks being deployed. It's a suicide lead. Removing the Sash would defeat the purpose.

As I said in Vishnu's description, Fire Punch is there to hit Aegislash on the switch. I don't want Medi to stay in on Aegislash, only to hit it when he comes in. That being said, however, I am thinking about removing one of the punches for Sub (I kinda like having both, though :/ ).

Last edited:
The mach punch was an example for let u understand how much bulky ttar is.

Have u thinked to replace latios with latias?

If u use ttat as suicide lead, charizard y has a free switch on quagsire everytime. U can only revenge kill him, heatran isn't the best switch because:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 210-248 (54.4 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Switching in latios means:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios in Sun: 144-171 (47.6 - 56.6%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO

U can tank it, but:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias in Sun: 126-148 (41.7 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Latias in this case is better.

Obviously is not vital, but is always nice be sure to be able to handle a S threat.
Just an hint.

The mach punch was an example for let u understand how much bulky ttar is.

Have u thinked to replace latios with latias?

If u use ttat as suicide lead, charizard y has a free switch on quagsire everytime. U can only revenge kill him, heatran isn't the best switch because:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 210-248 (54.4 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Switching in latios means:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios in Sun: 144-171 (47.6 - 56.6%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO

U can tank it, but:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias in Sun: 126-148 (41.7 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Latias in this case is better.

Obviously is not vital, but is always nice be sure to be able to handle a S threat.
Just an hint.
I think I'll run Latias over Latios, since she does have better overall defenses.

This version of T-Tar has a minus defense nature anyway, though, so Mach Punch would OHKO regardless of how much natural bulk he has. That's why he needs his Sash.

Thundurus outspeeds and OHKOs Mega Charizard Y with T-Bolt.

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 330-393 (110.7 - 131.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I really like this team :) I only have a few questions/suggestions

1st, what does Medicham ohko with adamant that it wouldn't with jolly? To me, the extra speed is necessary to out speed threats like excadrill, and get that speed tie with all the max speed base 100s, as well as get the jump on adamant Zard x.

2nd, since baton pass has become super nerfed, I suggest you put an assault vest on heatran. You can replace roar with ancient power, to hit volcarona and charizard. And when you hit that ten percent boost chance it's just the best. It also makes heatran a better switch in to special attackers like thundy and manetric, without worrying about popping a balloon. Ben further, assault vest heatran with no spdef investment can live an earth power from another heatran, returning the favor with an ohko.

Gl with the team :)

Don't even show me mercy and straight up call me bad if I have made any decisions that make it seem that way.
You said it!

Hate to say it but your match was utter garbage, ice beaming a terrakion was clearly the optimal play (SARCASM) when you had a Quagsire AND a Latias in the wings, yet you chose to sack Tyranitar, and sash lead is god aweful eitherway. Starting the game 4-6 was terrible, and you even redundantly sacked Thundurus for again no apparent reason when you had Latias which could have easily RKed it or defogged away the hazards. Recovering vs an opposing Latias is also a very good idea, and you are extremely lucky to be paired up with a user who also didn't know how to play, and brought literal shit like Flame Charge Talonflame, and also made a huge amount of stupid plays like leaving Ferrothorn in vs a Heatran.

May I ask what does Sash Tyranitar do for your team other than setting up Stealth Rock and "luring in" threats? Nothing. Mega Medicham greatly appreciates a pursuit trapper to help trap Slowbro and Aegislash, and you have a Tyranitar, but you aren't making full use of it to support Mega Medicham. Sand also largely seems useless for your team, so I would change Tyranitar to Bisharp. Bisharp is capable of dealing easily with most psychic-types with relative ease. If you do intend to run Bisharp over Tyranitar, I would also suggest running Baton Pass on Mega Medicham so that if your opponent decides to switch Aegislash into Mega Medicham on the switch, you could predict that and go straight for the baton pass and bring in Bisharp safely, and proceed to pursuit trap it or go straight for the knock off. Defiant also helps a lot by pressuring your opponent to think twice before defogging away Stealth Rock

Since you need a Stealth Rock user now, I suggest changing Flash Cannon to Stealth Rock. Flash Cannon does absolutely nothing except hitting Fairies for super effective damage, and even then it is pointless since you boast a 4x fairy-resist anyway, so they aren't doing much to you and you can proceed to Lava Plume them and fish for a burn. You can also bring in Bisharp to Iron Head them to death, so I don't see a reason to run Flash Cannon at all.

Your team lacks a proper revenge-killer. I suggest changing Quagsire to Choice Scarf Garchomp since Quagsire does really nothing on your team except wall physical threats and making sure they can't sweep your team, but given the offensive nature of your team they will be hard-pressed to even set-up vs your team. Scarf Chomp gives your team a solid revenge-killer and works amazingly in taking down Aegislash, and also has the bulk to eat a Shadow Ball from it.

Hope I helped, and good luck

You said it!

Hate to say it but your match was utter garbage, ice beaming a terrakion was clearly the optimal play (SARCASM) when you had a Quagsire AND a Latias in the wings, yet you chose to sack Tyranitar, and sash lead is god aweful eitherway. Starting the game 4-6 was terrible, and you even redundantly sacked Thundurus for again no apparent reason when you had Latias which could have easily RKed it or defogged away the hazards. Recovering vs an opposing Latias is also a very good idea, and you are extremely lucky to be paired up with a user who also didn't know how to play, and brought literal shit like Flame Charge Talonflame, and also made a huge amount of stupid plays like leaving Ferrothorn in vs a Heatran.

May I ask what does Sash Tyranitar do for your team other than setting up Stealth Rock and "luring in" threats? Nothing. Mega Medicham greatly appreciates a pursuit trapper to help trap Slowbro and Aegislash, and you have a Tyranitar, but you aren't making full use of it to support Mega Medicham. Sand also largely seems useless for your team, so I would change Tyranitar to Bisharp. Bisharp is capable of dealing easily with most psychic-types with relative ease. If you do intend to run Bisharp over Tyranitar, I would also suggest running Baton Pass on Mega Medicham so that if your opponent decides to switch Aegislash into Mega Medicham on the switch, you could predict that and go straight for the baton pass and bring in Bisharp safely, and proceed to pursuit trap it or go straight for the knock off. Defiant also helps a lot by pressuring your opponent to think twice before defogging away Stealth Rock

Since you need a Stealth Rock user now, I suggest changing Flash Cannon to Stealth Rock. Flash Cannon does absolutely nothing except hitting Fairies for super effective damage, and even then it is pointless since you boast a 4x fairy-resist anyway, so they aren't doing much to you and you can proceed to Lava Plume them and fish for a burn. You can also bring in Bisharp to Iron Head them to death, so I don't see a reason to run Flash Cannon at all.

Your team lacks a proper revenge-killer. I suggest changing Quagsire to Choice Scarf Garchomp since Quagsire does really nothing on your team except wall physical threats and making sure they can't sweep your team, but given the offensive nature of your team they will be hard-pressed to even set-up vs your team. Scarf Chomp gives your team a solid revenge-killer and works amazingly in taking down Aegislash, and also has the bulk to eat a Shadow Ball from it.

Hope I helped, and good luck
Thank you, sir, for your honest criticism. Yeeeah, that battle sucked :I The only reason I showed it was because I wanted everyone to see how good of a replacement Latias was to Latios.

I used Bisharp on the team and it works amazingly. Thank you so much for the suggestion and I'll update the post with him in T-Tar's place.

The problem I have with Scarfchomp, however, is that it has added a third Ice weakness, a really bad one at that, that's been screwing with me at times. Due to this, I'm trying out the standard revenge killer Deoxys-S set and it's been pretty good to me so far:

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 20 Atk/ 248 SpA/ 232 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)