ORAS OU Volc-Gross + Friends

Team Intro : Hey guys back again with my second RMT, i wanted to build a team around mega-metagross and this is what i crafted. Suggestions and improvements are highly appreciated.

The team and choices in detail :

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Mega-Metagross is one of the most lethal mega going around and it's coverage moves and power along with defensive bulk make it quite a threat. I wanted to keep a standard set with coverage and power. The set is standard. Meteor Mash is amazing stab move and keeps fairies on a whim and the atk boost does wonders late game. Hammer Arm gives amazing coverage and excadrill switch-ins and heatrans get nailed. Ice punch acts as filler and helps against dragons, gliscor and bulky grounds that switch-in. Finally Zen Headbutt acts as the secondary stab inflicting good damage on foes that resist the above-mentioned moves.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Next i wanted something to compliment mega-metagross, volcarona perfectly fits the role and forms a great offensive core with mega-metagross by taking fire hits directed at mega-gross and eliminating bulky nuisance that can trouble mega-gross. Standard set, lum berry to absorb status and get a free dance. Quiver dance is dangerous and is a 2 turn geomancy effect that makes volcarona threaten opposing teams. Bug Buzz is stab and helps get rid of bulky psychics. Fire Blast is the fire stab and does a lot of damage after a quiver dance. Finally Giga Drain to nail water type switch-ins and get a bit of longevity.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Next i wanted something that could really put in work against teams without risk and specs keldeo does a lot of damage by just clicking hydro pump or scald and spreads burns as well. It also helps break steel types and fire types for mega-metagross and volcarona can remove certain bulky walls after setup that don't allow keldeo to get settled. Standard spread. Hydro Pump smashes through walls and is the most powerful love to boast. Scald is amazing and nothing likes to switch-in on a potential burn. Secret sword annihilates steel and dark types and does lots of damage. Finally hp electric to hit bulky waters and other pokemons.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Next i wanted a revenge killer for my team that can pick off foes that get dented by gross/keldeo/volc and also deal good damage to other pokes in general. Hydreigon fit the list and modest nature has been preferred over timid to maintain as much hitting power as possible while achieving optimum speed control. Draco meteor hits very hard and ohkoes/2hkoes anything that does not resist it. U-turn is scouting for early game and getting out of bad match-ups. Dark Pulse is amazing stab and hits very hard and finally earth power to revenge kill diancie,heatran,tyranitar and get a good chance to end volcanion after some prior damage or rocks.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Next i wanted to check physical threats in opposing teams and get a stealth rocker for my team and no-one does it better than lando-t. Rocky helmet to punish attackers. Stealth rock being the obvious hazard and it puts in work. Earthquake is standard stab and hits hard. U-turn for scouting and chip damage and knock off to get rid of items and hit gengar/lati and friends.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Next i wanted some hazard support since volcarona can't do jack if hazards are up and latias fit the bill here. Defog to keep the field hazard clean, psyshock is a great stab move and deals good damage to blissey. Draco Meteor is a powerful stab and hits very hard. Finally, healing wish to give m-gross, keldeo or volc another chance to sweep and gain some advantage.

The team generally struggles with weather offense and stall. Every opinion is welcome.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

No joke, this team would be AMAZING in doubles OU! Just change latias to latios and ajust the sets to fit the meta. Ok onto the rate!

Volcarona - I think volc is very nice but talonflame would be much better. It gets priority, which your team lacks completely! Also, the number of special attackers over powers the number of physical attackers 4 - 2 so talonflame would even it up. And it won't change the way you play because it's very simular to volcarona. For example, it gets fire STAB just like volc, it gets set-up (better setup because it doesn't need speed with priorety BB) and it complements mega metagross just aswell!

Latias - You know how earlier I said you should change latias to latios? Well it also applies to this! It gets basically the same moves, but it's less bulky and much more offensive! It would change the dynamic of the team to complete hyper offense, which is a good thing since it's the second best playstyle! (The best is stall)

Well that's it! I hope you ejoy this team!
The team with edits: http://pastebin.com/ekZbr120

Hey there Aman Indra, I'm loving this team soooo much (Volcarona is like my 2nd favorite mon ever lol). The teams also very solid, so I actually wouldn't suggest that you need to change much.

Because of the fact that you struggle a bit against stallesque builds, I would recommend a Sub+CM Keldeo>Specs in order to have a great win-con against those stallier teams. It also increases its longevity, which for this team, is crucial as Keldeo checks numerous key threats to the team like Landorus-T and other Ground-types in general.
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Next, for a Volcarona team, you're pretty weak to Talonflame, despite having a Landorus. I can see Landorus-T getting worn down too fast due to how much it does for you, especially if the Talonflame is a Will-O-Wisp set which would cripple Lando and wear it down faster. Because of this, I would think that Choice Specs or AV Raikou>Hydreigon is a good option here. Raikou also gives you a reliable way to kill waters, absorb T-Waves, and check Torn-T which was also looking pretty threatening.
Raikou @ Choice Specs / Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

Another thing would be to replace Knock Off with Stone Edge on Landorus-T because of the afformentioned weakness to Talonflame. Also, since the team is somewhat squishy against the Latis, you could run Pursuit>Ice Punch on Metagross. This synergizes well with SubCM Keldeo wanting the Lati's gone as well as Volcarona wanting SR up on their side of the field to guarantee certain kills. Finally, if you choose to go with Specs Raikou instead of AV, an option (though not necessary since Volcarona's item choice is pretty much preference) would be Passho Berry>Lum Berry since Water-types are somewhat annoying, but with Raikou, Latias, and Keldeo, the can be managed so like I said, really just preference on that one. Finally, time for the little nitpicky things! On your special attackers, (Volcarona, Latias, Keldeo, Raikou), make their attack IVs as little as possible to minimize the most random Foul Play damages. Also, on Latias, make sure it has 29 HP IVs to reach that perfect Life Orb number, which is important to increase its longevity as your team appreciates rocks gone and Latias doesn't have a form of recovery.

Tl;dr (Summary)
-->

-->

-->Stone Edge>Knock Off
-->Pursuit>Ice Punch (Optional)
-->
(Optional)
--> Minimize Attack IVs
-->29 HP Ivs

So yeah, that's my thoughts on the team. Really love it, it's honestly great. Hope I helped, or at least gave some insight! Good luck~:toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)