Doubles Volcarona (Doubles)

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 80 HP / 172 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Being a nightmare to face in OU, Volcarona also finds itself a niche in Doubles as a dangerous setup sweeper thanks to Quiver Dance, solid coverage, and decent stats. Moreover, Buginium Z lets Volcarona fire off a deadly Savage Spin-Out, OHKOing the likes of Tyranitar and Cresselia when Volcarona is at +1 or unboosted with Swarm activated. The EV spread enables Volcarona to survive a Psycho Boost from Deoxys-A. Grass- and Electric-types like Kartana and Tapu Koko make for good teammates for Volcarona because they can remove troublesome bulky Water-types like Tapu Fini and Suicune. Intimidate and Fake Out from the likes of Landorus-T and Zeraora ease setting up for Volcarona. A Defog user like the aforementioned Tapu Koko and Landorus-T is appreciated by Volcarona too, since it dislikes Stealth Rock.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I'd just use 80 HP / 172 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe as the spread -- no need to worry about other benchmarks, and that way your current description already says everything it needs to.

'Amazing' might be overselling Volc's coverage, since there are some threats that will wall it no matter what (Zard Y, Diancie, etc). Solid is probably a better word here; if you want to speak further on this then I'd point out that its Bug STAB hits some common Fire switchins like Incineroar and Mega Latias.

Savage Spin-Out will OHKO when Swarm is activated *or* when Volcarona is boosted, since they functionally do the same thing. The way you have it worded right now makes it seem like the OHKO only happens if Volcarona's unboosted and in Swarm range.

Incineroar is a little strange as a teammate suggestion, I usually avoid having both Incin and Volc on the same team. Maybe replace this with Zeraora as the Fake Out user?

I don't think a Defog user is strictly required; in fact, one of my most successful BugZ Volc teams doesn't have it anywhere. Just say it's appreciated or something.

I went over kind of a lot but all were minor suggestions, so I'll go ahead and give the QC 1/1

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 80 HP / 172 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Being a nightmare to face in OU, Volcarona also finds itself a niche in Doubles as a dangerous setup sweeper thanks to Quiver Dance, solid coverage, and decent stats. Moreover, Swarm in conjunction with Buginium Z lets Volcarona fire off a deadly Savage Spin-Out, OHKOing the likes of Tyranitar and Cresselia when Volcarona is at +1 or unboosted but with Swarm is activated (i'm assuming that what you're trying to say is volc can ohko the pokemon with either +1 spa or just swarm, so removing the first part makes it more clear that you don't need swarm at +1, but if i'm wrong you can always contact me about it ^-^). The EV spread enables Volcarona to survive a Psycho Boost from Deoxys-A. Grass- and Electric-types like Kartana and Tapu Koko make for good teammates to for Volcarona because they can remove troublesome bulky Water-types like Tapu Fini and Suicune. Intimidate and Fake Out from the likes of Landorus-T and Zeraora eases setting up for Volcarona. A Defog user like the aforementioned Tapu Koko and Landorus-T is appreciated by Volcarona too, since it dislikes Stealth Rock.
1/1:blobthumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)